Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For all the people who say Pet Sorcerer isn´t broken.....

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Pet LOS is 100% an issue, but any class should be able to 1vX potatoes.
    Any class can, but mag sorc can juggle more potatoes than anyone else, which is why we see a billion sorc 1vX videos.

Because sorc is good at repositioning and potatoes don't know how to play against them?
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DC at the river :lol:

I don't see anything wrong there that was just really skillfull play and perfect positioning.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, people chasing the guy right to water's edge are just...

You know what, I don't have anything nice to say about them. Instead, I'll just give friendly advice.

DON'T. CHASE. SORCS. Especially near water or around rocks. Or do, if you want your chain yanked.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can kill horrible players too on my sorc. Pets are over tuned a bit but hes also 1vXing against horrible players. Look how many died to slaughter fish tryhard chasing him. I know what hes running too, and that set up cant X compentent players

I have a video on my YouTube as well 1v6ing all nightblades on my magsorc. Is it because I am a God? No. It's because they were horrible players. So let's not nerf those of us who enjoy solo play so you tryhard zergbads can win.
    Edited by Malamar1229 on April 18, 2019 2:29AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember that all media is a production. He and other streamers don't show when they lose.

At any rate, pet shielding bug has already been reported. Robes of the Hist critting has been reported. Both are supposedly fixed on PTS. Some people actually report bugs instead of using them to make stupid videos or win. Surprising that Robes of the Hist is finally getting patched after nearly a year of providing nearly 4K+ heals a second on certain builds...
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zenartista wrote: »
    Yup. Pets sure are awesome

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468599/

Fixed an issue where pets were only having their Healing Received from Battle Spirit reduced by 50, rather than 50%.
    Fixed an issue where pet shield sizes were not being properly reduced by Battle Spirit.

EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Twilight is awesome. They take up 2 slots bc they have an active skill. If you think about thier toolkit, in terms of damage and healing output instead of how many different skill pictures are on your bar, pets taking up 2 spots is just like having an extremely cost effective dot slotted and a burst heal. A pet sorcs kit is not lacking anything at all, just a different approach.

A longer cast time would be appropriate imo.
    Pet sorcs are pretty much bugged

Petsorcs: "There's nothing wrong with petsorcs, y'all just hating. L2P issue"

ZOS: Pets had issues with shield sizes and healing received not reduced by Battle Spirit. Issues getting fixed.

Petsorcs: "They're not broken, y'all still just hating!!"
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pat_thetic wrote: »
    Here we go again, Pvp trying to nerf sorcs into oblivion.

Without separate servers for Pvp and Pve, let's just have gear and skills have different tool tips. Adios to proc sets in cyro, there's on qq dealt with, change Earthgore tooltip, another painpoint from 6 year olds.

You can’t use pets as meat shields in PVE, so I don’t know why you’re complaining, @pat_thetic

The main issue with pets is not that they’re bugged in PVP (though that is a problem); the issue is that ESO’s targeting system can be abused in PVP by stacking more pets than the standard pet build. It is especially a problem in BGs. If I encounter a group of pet sorcs in Cyrodiil, I can ignore them and play somewhere else on the map. Can’t do that in BGs — at least, not without taking a deserter penalty. I’m getting really tired of not being able to target certain players the vast majority of the time, thanks to their multiple scamps, multiple flapping monstrosities, multiple daedroth procs, and multiple coordinated storm atronachs.

@ZOS_RichLambert , pet targeting abuse is out of control, especially in BGs. How many more threads need to be made, and how many more deserter penalties need to be incurred, before this is dealt with?

I made a suggestion a little while ago, that I think is fair to discourage pet stacking in small scale environments: dealing damage to a player’s pet(s) deals 25% of the damage done to the player per pet damaged. That way, a player with one pet still gets some mitigation (not 100% though) for kiting around a twilight. Players stacking four pets (scamp, twilight, pet monster set procs, and atronach ultimate) get NO free mitigation, because they’re deliberately trying to abuse targeting.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 18, 2019 9:46AM
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything broken here. Good player do, really well worked his terrain and keeps his buffs up. Well done nice video.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »

Without separate servers for Pvp and Pve, let's just have gear and skills have different tool tips. Adios to proc sets in cyro, there's on qq dealt with, change Earthgore tooltip, another painpoint from 6 year olds.

You can’t use pets as meat shields in PVE, so I don’t know why you’re complaining

Yeah you can. They have a soft taunt. I've been running my pet pve build all week for that soft taunt to solo daily group boss quests when I'm the only one around.

As for pet stacking, every pet slotted is another 2 less skill slots, 2 armour slots and 1 ultimate slot. their toolkit becomes pretty damn predictable with those remaining skill slots.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SubtleHate wrote: »
    No player should be able to take on 10 people and win by himself.(...) I think he is a skilled player but he should not be quite this effective.

If those 10 people are as bad as they guys in the video, the skilled player should win. I know it's hard to overcome the concept that numbers should not always win, but that's the whole point of getting good. Faso dies in a 1v1 against better plays just as much as 10 potatos like the ones in the video die to 1 guy that is light-years ahead of them.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can’t use pets as meat shields in PVE, so I don’t know why you’re complaining

Yeah you can. They have a soft taunt. I've been running my pet pve build all week for that soft taunt to solo daily group boss quests when I'm the only one around.

As for pet stacking, every pet slotted is another 2 less skill slots, 2 armour slots and 1 ultimate slot. their toolkit becomes pretty damn predictable with those remaining skill slots.

Be that as it may, a slight nerf to PVP PET SORCS does not necessarily have to translate to PVE. Would you feel better if your pets could continue to taunt those big, bad, scary world bosses, while PVP pet builds took a small percentage of the damage dealt to each of their pets?

Even with their predictable tool kit, you frequently CANNOT TARGET a group of sorcs (or WWs) who are stacking as many pets as possible. When you have four twilights zapping you, four atronachs heavy attacking you, four scamps stunning you on occasion, four Daedroth procs breathing fire in your face, while the sorcs alternate between heavy attacking with lightning staves (usually Knight Slayer, for maximum cheese), and spamming curse/wrath... your desire to remain in that match decreases significantly.

People really need to stop crutching on broken **** all the time.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawn...

Show me a Mag Sorc who doesn't use shields and can take out a group of 3 or four or more , then I might be impressed.

Just another shield spammer .

ZOS should get rid of all shields.

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Be that as it may, a slight nerf to PVP PET SORCS does not necessarily have to translate to PVE. Would you feel better if your pets could continue to taunt those big, bad, scary world bosses, while PVP pet builds took a small percentage of the damage dealt to each of their pets?

Even with their predictable tool kit, you frequently CANNOT TARGET a group of sorcs (or WWs) who are stacking as many pets as possible. When you have four twilights zapping you, four atronachs heavy attacking you, four scamps stunning you on occasion, four Daedroth procs breathing fire in your face, while the sorcs alternate between heavy attacking with lightning staves (usually Knight Slayer, for maximum cheese), and spamming curse/wrath... your desire to remain in that match decreases significantly.

People really need to stop crutching on broken **** all the time.

They are being hit dude. Atm the pets are not being affected by battle spirit which is why the shields are so high. That's getting fixed with Elsweyr. If you were up on your reading, you would know that. Pets are suddenly going to be easier to kill.
    All that I think sorcs need to be hit with with pets now is increased cast time because they're too easy to re summon.

And 4 pets of each hitting you at once means you're being focused by 4 players. You can be getting hit by 4 dot builds or 4 burst builds or 4 wws not using the pet morph and have the same chances as you do with the sorcs.
    Edited by ellahellabella on April 18, 2019 10:54AM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reevster wrote: »
    Yawn...

Show me a Mag Sorc who doesn't use shields and can take out a group of 3 or four or more , then I might be impressed.

Just another shield spammer .

ZOS should get rid of all shields.

Mag chars are actually better without shields IMO. I have never slotted a shield for three patches, despite most of my chars being mag chars and using light armor without capped resists.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs please :trollface:
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and I forgot the healing bug: Fixed an issue where pets were only having their Healing Received from Battle Spirit reduced by 50, rather than 50%.

Then the the cruelest change to all pets in Cyrodiil: Pets no longer attempt to aid their owners in sieging destructible Keeps and bridge pieces, for they are powerless against the might of superior craftsmanship.
    My role play is Ruined! D:

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing broken about petsorc is the ludicrous damage of twilight light attacks. This *** bird hits me almost as hard as the sorcs cristal frags, somewhere between 2,5-5 k damage. This is insane, it should be more in line with other dot abilities and hit for 2k max per Tick.

Otherwise I think sorcs are quite fine
  • Yhoden
    Yhoden
    you are looking at one of the finest sorc players in the game.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing to say about pet sorc being OP.

Stop thinking because someone have a pet slotted that he is on a pet build.

You can do the same on non pet build :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqKDrybeFYY&t=436s
  • pat_thetic
    pat_thetic
    ✭✭

You can’t use pets as meat shields in PVE, so I don’t know why you’re complaining, @pat_thetic

The main issue with pets is not that they’re bugged in PVP (though that is a problem); the issue is that ESO’s targeting system can be abused in PVP by stacking more pets than the standard pet build. It is especially a problem in BGs. If I encounter a group of pet sorcs in Cyrodiil, I can ignore them and play somewhere else on the map. Can’t do that in BGs — at least, not without taking a deserter penalty. I’m getting really tired of not being able to target certain players the vast majority of the time, thanks to their multiple scamps, multiple flapping monstrosities, multiple daedroth procs, and multiple coordinated storm atronachs.

@ZOS_RichLambert , pet targeting abuse is out of control, especially in BGs. How many more threads need to be made, and how many more deserter penalties need to be incurred, before this is dealt with?

I made a suggestion a little while ago, that I think is fair to discourage pet stacking in small scale environments: dealing damage to a player’s pet(s) deals 25% of the damage done to the player per pet damaged. That way, a player with one pet still gets some mitigation (not 100% though) for kiting around a twilight. Players stacking four pets (scamp, twilight, pet monster set procs, and atronach ultimate) get NO free mitigation, because they’re deliberately trying to abuse targeting.

git gud
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yhoden wrote: »
    you are looking at one of the finest sorc players in the game.

There is something about sticking with one class through thick and thin, good players find a way to make it work. Sorc, mag or stam, is a pale shadow of what it used to be. I'd be kind of embarrassed to admit losing to one these days.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @SubtleHate what an ironic name. Not too subtle mate :joy:

EU | PC | AD
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed totally. It's why I've almost quit playing, everytime I roll a new toon and get used to it here comes the nerf bat trying to balance two different modes of play.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pet sorc is not sorc. Pet sorc is one way to build sorc. Sorc suffers becuase pet sorc exists due to people crying for sorc nerfs.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

git gud

K.

https://youtu.be/KYjtXtQfsS8

Please note my score at the end of the match, @pat_thetic

Edit: Also, if you need a mobile meat shield to hide behind, you might be the one who needs to “git gud.”
    Edited by Aurielle on April 18, 2019 7:31PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs are fine, the only class I’d say that’s close to being OP on live are stamwardens (in a good player’s hands) where they can dominate against non-potatoes.

PvP will change after the patch anyways. I don’t see a point in highlighting what classes can do on live while there are changes on test.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • pat_thetic
    pat_thetic
    ✭✭

Edit: Also, if you need a mobile meat shield to hide behind, you might be the one who needs to “git gud.”[/quote]

Nah, afraid not mate. Could wreck you with any class. If you can't counter a particular class, just continue to do as all whiney pvpers do, cry until a nerf comes and the next class beats you down and you harass them because you can't adapt
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, afraid not mate. Could wreck you with any class. If you can't counter a particular class, just continue to do as all whiney pvpers do, cry until a nerf comes and the next class beats you down and you harass them because you can't adapt

Seriously? I can play against pet sorcs... i have adapted my playstyle MANY TIMES on multiple classes. It is PET STACKING (we’re talking multiple pets on one team, not just one pet sorc) that’s a problem in BGs. I know how to counter pet stacked groups; what I’m saying is that short of making a premade group specifically to take them out that maximizes AOE damage, it’s not happening when there’s up to sixteen pets on the screen at a time. How do you propose I deal with a pet stacking premade that has gone full cheese by stacking four pets per sorc? When I’m solo queued 99% of the time?

There’s whining, and then there’s pointing out legitimate balance problems. Learn the difference between the two before you start throwing out insults and telling people to “git gud” like you’re twelve years old.
    Edited by Aurielle on April 18, 2019 8:05PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proxy det
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SubtleHate wrote: »
    This pet sorc video I just watched had the most broken footage I have ever seen, he is able to take on a huge amount of enemy players with little to zero difficulity. Why has zenimax not fixed this? It is clearly overperforming. No player should be able to take on 10 people and win by himself. As much as I have enjoyed his content and think he is a funny guy - this is just not fair. I think he is a skilled player but he should not be quite this effective.

Link to Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXbA5Re6LY

This is the meta build it’s easy to be strong like this the gear is 5necro 5lich master inferno and bloodspawn it’s pretty op seems fine and dandy to me