Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS Update 22 - Feedback Thread for Elsweyr

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for Elsweyr, mainly focusing on the zone, side quests, and other types of content found in Elsweyr. If you have feedback on the main story, please see this thread, which is under NDA. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Tutorial
    • Did you play through the new tutorial?
    • What did you think about the combat trainer segment? Was it more or less informative than previous tutorials? Is there something you wish it would have taught you that it didn't?
    • Did you find sufficient items to loot in the Catacombs section? Did you feel these were called out clearly enough in the staging and propping?
    • Did you encounter the optional lockpicking tutorial? Did you feel rewarded for completing it?
    • What did you think about the tutorial dragon encounter? How was the difficulty?
  • Side Objectives
    • Did you engage with any quests outside of the main story? If so, which ones?
    • Did you find any quests to be problematic from either a directional or difficulty standpoint?
  • World Bosses
    • Did you fight any world bosses? If so, which ones?
    • Were any of them too easy or too hard?
    • Were mechanics clearly communicated?
  • Public Dungeons
    • Did you go into any public dungeons? (Orcrest or Rimmen Necropolis)
    • Public dungeons are generally balanced for two or more players of average skill and gear. Did you feel sufficiently challenged?
  • World and Environment
    • What did you think of the Elsweyr environment?
    • Did you see any new types of Khajiit? What did you think?
    • Did you encounter any new monsters you haven't seen before? What did you think?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pre-Morrowind characters are still missing a skill point because they were only ever able to do one tutorial instead of 2 as is the case with newer characters.

Please either:
    a) Allow all characters to complete 2/all tutorials and receive associated rewards (preferred option).
    or
    b) Give pre-morrowind characters the extra skillpoint retroactively, and whenever someone buys the first chapter/DLC with a new tutorial.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZeroXFF wrote: »
    Pre-Morrowind characters are still missing a skill point because they were only ever able to do one tutorial instead of 2 as is the case with newer characters.

Please either:
    a) Allow all characters to complete 2/all tutorials and receive associated rewards (preferred option).
    or
    b) Give pre-morrowind characters the extra skillpoint retroactively, and whenever someone buys the first chapter/DLC with a new tutorial.
    Once I've played the new tutorial I will have a thread about this (again)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • highkingnm
    highkingnm
    ✭✭✭✭
    The world is beautiful, really different from all the previous zones. I was worried it’d be Reaper’s March 2: Electric Boogaloo or a mashup of the Alik’r and Grahtwood so it was nice to see it has it’s own style. I was also surprised at how big the zone was. A lot of people highlighted that it was smaller by area than Summerset, but the playable area is significant and there’s a fantastic verticality to the map.

Somewhat of an aside but not sure where else to put it, the crafting area in Rimmen is a dream. So clearly laid out and neat, it’d make Marie Kondo feel sparks of joy.
  • Sloban
    Sloban
    Don't know what other thread this belongs in but locking campaigns to only one faction is devastating to most players, because vivec is the only populated campaign and after this patch we will plain out be locked from pvping on, for me, half my characters. This game simply doesnt have the pvp population for such an idea to be viable.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a chance that the other furstocks will be intergrated into the base game?
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    [*] Did you see any new types of Khajiit? What did you think?
    I encountered a cute little kitty and was in awe at the size of this lad. :D
    UNUVS1m.png

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are way too many alits in the environment. Cull their population a bit IMO or replace them with a more interesting enemy (they're the most common enemy in the base game too).
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Zone looks amazing by the way!

Another 10 out of 10 for the Art Team and Zone Design Team.

Many thanks for the awesome work!

Lud3A0O.png

YwsYVvR.png
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on April 16, 2019 4:36AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Zone looks amazing by the way!

Another 10 out of 10 for the Art Team and Zone Design Team.

Many thanks for the awesome work!

Agreed. Great job on all the assets and the verticality adds a sense of scale we haven't seen before (reminds me of a GW2 zone).

And it's also much bigger than the zone appears on the world map. I know people will complain about the size because they have no idea what scale is, but it's genuinely huge. The first thing I did was hop onto my main to run around the map and it took much longer than I expected to get across it (it honestly felt bigger than Vvardenfell and Summerset).

My only gripe is that the biggest and most interesting city is a public dungeon again (just like in Summerset). Rimmen feels very underwhelming compared to Orcrest (just like Alinor felt after experiencing Sunhold). I'm guessing a city of that size can't be renedered in the overworld due to engine limitations. :cry:
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on April 16, 2019 1:57AM
  • Brodart12367
    Brodart12367
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed that Orcrest is a public dungeon. This is the second time an important city in lore in a chapter zone has been wasted on being a public dungeon that you only go to once and never return again. First being Sunhold in Summerset.
  • Brodart12367
    Brodart12367
    ✭✭
    Also I find it strange that the game never seems to mention the different types of khajiit when you encounter them. Your character can't ask about it and find out new neat tidbits. Hopefully I just missed the characters who address that but so far, nothing.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also I find it strange that the game never seems to mention the different types of khajiit when you encounter them. Your character can't ask about it and find out new neat tidbits. Hopefully I just missed the characters who address that but so far, nothing.

Well you don't go out there and ask people "why are you different to most"...
    Edaphon wrote: »
    [*] Did you see any new types of Khajiit? What did you think?
    I encountered a cute little kitty and was in awe at the size of this lad. :D
    UNUVS1m.png

Is that... a Pahmar? It's really gigantic, or is your bosmer really small?
    Edited by Inval1d on April 16, 2019 8:35AM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you play through the new tutorial?
    Yes
    What did you think about the combat trainer segment? Was it more or less informative than previous tutorials? Is there something you wish it would have taught you that it didn't?
    I thought it was a bit vague. I couldn't understand a lot of the spoken instructions because the trainer's accent was too think.
    Did you find sufficient items to loot in the Catacombs section? Did you feel these were called out clearly enough in the staging and propping?
    I've no idea what "called out clearly enough in the staging and propping" means. I didn't find a healing staff, and I looked pretty hard. I only found one cuirass, and no greaves. I didn't find a sash. If you only follow the left hand route you miss out on some things, like the cuirass and the locked door.
    Did you encounter the optional lockpicking tutorial? Did you feel rewarded for completing it?
    I did find it, although it seemed a bit too well hidden for a beginner's tutorial. There was a reward?
    What did you think about the tutorial dragon encounter? How was the difficulty?
    Entirely pointless. Zero difficulty. Considering that this will be many peoples' first encounter with a dragon it was also totally lacking in awesomeness.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on April 16, 2019 12:46PM
    PC EU
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do. There is a band of mixed Khajiit just outside of Rimmen. When you talk to the giant one, he says something like "you're acting like you've never seen a *whatever the giant breed is called*".
  • Brodart12367
    Brodart12367
    ✭✭

They do. There is a band of mixed Khajiit just outside of Rimmen. When you talk to the giant one, he says something like "you're acting like you've never seen a *whatever the giant breed is called*".

Oh that's good to hear :)
  • Brodart12367
    Brodart12367
    ✭✭
    I think more houses should be opened to break into and steal from. It's pretty disheartening to see so many houses have random chains in front of their doors and be inaccessible, especially in Rimmen of all places. Half of Alinor isn't blocked off, so why is Rimmen, this chapters equivalent "main" city?

This is also an issue in basically every other settlement in the zone, too. The weirdest part is I found a house out in the middle of the wilderness that was chained off. Why is that house even there then?
    Edited by Brodart12367 on April 16, 2019 1:00PM
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my biggest frustration with Elswyr so far is I'm unable to shout back at the dragons. I guess I played too much Skyrim.
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very disappointed that Orcrest is a public dungeon. This is the second time an important city in lore in a chapter zone has been wasted on being a public dungeon that you only go to once and never return again. First being Sunhold in Summerset.

It's easier to turn iconic locations into dungeons than it is to add new places with their own unique personality, gameplay, and lore. It also makes it less noticeable when they recycle the same buildings and environments everywhere (as was the case in Summerset).
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Iccengi
    Iccengi
    ✭✭✭
    The new content looks amazing including sunspire.
    The one thing that doesn’t?

The sunspire skin. Please devs please. It is painfully obvious how little care and attention you gave to that skin and just recycled two together. There is still time. We are begging you. Please consider a redesign before launch. Almost anything is better then recycled mish mash. Especially considering the last trial skin (vcr) looks like a raisin wannabe of a crown store skin. That’s two in a row.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parts of it feel empty, like a visually updated craglorn. weird placement of creatures as well. found a lone minotaur just wandering around in one part.
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dustiness and wind made me think of Alik'r Desert. Or maybe a dusty windy Hew's.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »
    parts of it feel empty, like a visually updated craglorn. weird placement of creatures as well. found a lone minotaur just wandering around in one part.

And why exactly can’t a minotaur wander into another part of Tamriel?
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played through the tutorial. Everything worked great except that the mouths didn't move on a couple of the characters when you spoke to them. Perhaps you're still working on that part, though.

Oh, and please give us that pack donkey as a non-combat pet. Thanks. I'd buy it in a second. <3

Edited by SydneyGrey on April 16, 2019 8:11PM
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Did you see any new types of Khajiit? What did you think?
    Basically the first thing I did in PTS was hunting them. Different breeds of khajiit is the most anticipated thing I wanted in an Elder Scrolls game.

Only found Cathay-raht and Ohmes-raht as statues:
    wnips3wwh0wr.jpg
    Found Dagi, Alfiq, Senche-raht and Pahmar-raht in game:
    hqfn5mf3s6sz.jpg
    They are awesome!

[PC-NA] CP 1200+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Tutorial
      • Did you play through the new tutorial?
      • What did you think about the combat trainer segment? Was it more or less informative than previous tutorials? Is there something you wish it would have taught you that it didn't?
      • Did you find sufficient items to loot in the Catacombs section? Did you feel these were called out clearly enough in the staging and propping?
      • Did you encounter the optional lockpicking tutorial? Did you feel rewarded for completing it?
      • What did you think about the tutorial dragon encounter? How was the difficulty?
    Combat training was a bit messier than previous ones, and it's a bit odd that the guy is able to speak perfectly normally while you're attacking him. More informative I think but a bit repetitive too, as you have to do everything three times.

I completely missed the dragon when it first appeared, as I was in the menu doing skills and such after the Level Up.

It's good that the sneak tutorial is not optional here like it was in Vvardenfell.

The weapons racks on entry to the catacombs were pretty clear I think. Instead of loads of Inferno Staffs, it would be good if there were options for all elemental staffs, and a Restoration Staff. Instead of multiple maces and axes, a sword would be good.

The lockpick tutorial and Relic Vault were easy to find if you're exploring the whole area - for a "Relic Vault" however, the rewards were underwhelming, as most of the items inside are the same as the ones you can find outside it.

The boss fight in the catacombs seems comparable to the other first bosses in tutorials, so that's good.

Heading from the Catacombs to the Dragonhorn Tower, the dragon basically did nothing, which was a bit underwhelming. No roars, no firebreath - it should be more menacing, even if it doesn't engage in actively attacking you. I also only noticed it fly over twice, when I would have expected it to be circling for the entire time you battle the Euraxians to get to the Tower.

The dragon fight itself was also a bit underwhelming - nice to see the Break Free tutorial again, but it was a bit lacklustre overall. Makes sense that you aren't doing much damage to it, but it hardly seems to do anything to you either before it flies away.

Overall, the tutorial is a good length, compared to more recent ones that have been a bit short.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Brodart12367
    Brodart12367
    ✭✭
    I do find it a bit odd that Elsweyr has so few unique animals. Like there are terror birds (which are awesome by the way) and Jerboas. Nothing else in the zone is a unique animal unless you count Senche-raht which are technically khajiit.

Why exactly are there gryphons in elsweyr? Weren't those supposed to be unique to summerset, making that area feel more special? This is just like how direwolves have been added in basically every new area since the gold coast (yes including elsweyr) despite them being supposedly important and unique to the gold coast culturally during this time period. Then there's the haj mota, yet another creature that seems to be literally everywhere in Tamriel, also in Elsweyr. Where are all the unique creatures?
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why does the alfiq wear clothes but the senche- raht?
    Why are them senche-raht and not just senche?
    Where are the pahmar? Why's (afaik) there only pahmar-raht?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do find it a bit odd that Elsweyr has so few unique animals. Like there are terror birds (which are awesome by the way) and Jerboas. Nothing else in the zone is a unique animal unless you count Senche-raht which are technically khajiit.

Why exactly are there gryphons in elsweyr? Weren't those supposed to be unique to summerset, making that area feel more special? This is just like how direwolves have been added in basically every new area since the gold coast (yes including elsweyr) despite them being supposedly important and unique to the gold coast culturally during this time period. Then there's the haj mota, yet another creature that seems to be literally everywhere in Tamriel, also in Elsweyr. Where are all the unique creatures?

I'd rather they reduce the population of overland mobs (they serve zero purpose) and then just replace all the redundant *** (like alits) with terror birds. There are about 200 alits in the northern part of the zone. They're literally everywhere.
  • Brodart12367
    Brodart12367
    ✭✭

I'd rather they reduce the population of overland mobs (they serve zero purpose) and then just replace all the redundant *** (like alits) with terror birds. There are about 200 alits in the northern part of the zone. They're literally everywhere.

Honestly with alits I'm used to them being everywhere at this point, but I still agree lol. They aren't supposed to be super unique to a region or anything (though I agree there should be less overland mobs in general)
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enough equipment loot. I'm was trying to run a new necro character with just picked-up gear and the level reward stuff. One big problem with this is that there is barely any body dropped loot and almost no equipment pieces amongst it.

Edit: haven't fond a single chest yet either, and I've been looking.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on April 17, 2019 1:25PM
    PC EU