Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Miredrum and Vossa-Satl Mementos Disappointing: Change to Looping Emotes?

• Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn Murkmire Instrument Mementos into Looping Emotes
    I don't see why not.

I'd like for the drum memento especially to be turned into a looping emote.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    I don't see why not.

I'd like for the drum memento especially to be turned into a looping emote.

Yeah... the funky beat of that thing is waaaaaay too short lived as is.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got a link to some of the jel singing up, but i couldn't edit the first post on the page, so i had to edit the third post.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... this is from a recent datamine, and it's listed under emote. Khajiit get an actual new instrument as an emote, and the vossa-satl is stuck as a five-second memento?... Kay.
    aw_crwn_emote_playesraj_1x1.jpg
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »
    So... this is from a recent datamine, and it's listed under emote. Khajiit get an actual new instrument as an emote, and the vossa-satl is stuck as a five-second memento?... Kay.
    aw_crwn_emote_playesraj_1x1.jpg

Of course we get screwed Argonians get like no representation so ZoS doesn't care.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koronach wrote: »
    Raltin wrote: »

Of course we get screwed Argonians get like no representation so ZoS doesn't care.

Actually, i find we get quite a bit of representation. There's a hole slew of argonian cosmetics that have been released on the crown store over time, and the lore that was released with murkmire? Grand. It may have been a medium-sized dlc zone, but murkmire was jam packed with more content than the entirety of Summerset imo.

If you want to look at screwed, look to how ZoS treats the altmer. We get a phenomenal amount of lore and content in a dlc zone, with not even half of black marsh released yet, and an extensive history of crown store releases. Compare that to the altmer who get their one land of expansion, which felt somewhat dry content amount compared to murkmire.

We get two whole new instruments (miredrum and the satl), with bard songs in both Tamrielic and Jel, a whole different language for bard songs, and throughout the vanilla game, we were teased on several occasions on how wonderful harp players the altmeri are. Summerset rolls around, they just get the same old lute music with new songs. No new unique instruments, not a single harp player. There was also an extensive amount of altmeri lore that was just ignored with Summerset's release, never addressed, such as the orreries, the varlines, could have done a lot more with malondo and culanda stones, etc. The varlines were basically a magical transport system used to get between places in altmeri lore... well that gets passed up, but the dunmer still get their silt-strider stations with Vvardenfell, which were fully functional as a service to the player.

Then you come to the crown store releases: altmer still don't even have their feminine wear released yet, whereas argonians have both their standard 6 gender-based outfits released with additional outfits after that. Following this, you have motifs. Vvardenfell, the last expansion, finished off with at least 8 whole motifs. Summerset had 5, two of which were not even necessarily altmeri, and one, divine prosecution which was a pre-order exclusive, could not later be earned like the other pre-order in Vvardenfell, Morag Tong. Then Welkynar is the very definition of 'way too hard to earn, so you gotta buy it with crowns' by combining the difficulties of a 12-man trial group motif and the 'have to put each page together with smaller fragments' mechanic that glass has.

To finally finish it off, put all this together, then add the fact that, with Summerset released; that's it, it's done. The altmer as a whole will never have as big a chance as they did again when their whole province was released in one batch. The odds of altmer ever receiving attention and care again for content, including future motifs, is slim to non-existent. I'm going with non-existent, given how poorly they were represented by Zenimax with the very heart of their homeland.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I meant representation on the forums to voice our displeasure. That was a long explanation for a misunderstanding XD
    Edited by Koronach on April 18, 2019 4:24PM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I meant representation on the forums to voice our displeasure. That was a long explanation for a misunderstanding XD

Ah, my mistake xD. I literally JUST got off a lengthy conversation over discord, with multiple people, regarding their dislike over Summerset's lack of content.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr had arrived, and the Esraj is indeed a looping emote. Despite the overwhelming votes to change the miredrum and satl mementos, still nothing. Come on, Zos, really?
  • TheCabbageborn
    TheCabbageborn
    ✭✭✭
    they went to the trouble of designing, animating, writing the lore for, implementing, and charging 100 Crown Gems for a MAGIC SYNTHESIZER POWERED BY CAPTIVE FROGS and you only got to have it out for a few seconds

;_;
    when a problem comes along u must fus it
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please make them into looping emotes instead of mementos! Doing that with the Esraj and not the Miredrum and Vossa-Satl feels like a slap in the face to us Argonian players. :(
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, please make them into looping emotes instead of mementos! Doing that with the Esraj and not the Miredrum and Vossa-Satl feels like a slap in the face to us Argonian players. :(

I believe even the Qanun, that one stringed instrument that sits across the lap like a board, in Elsweyr may also be released at some point, but idk yet. Still 120 votes in, 118 of which want these instruments changed from mementos, and still no response from Zos... come on, development...
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am also disappointed with that Kick Ball momento. I was expecting it to be an emote where we juggle the ball with our knees and feet. We really did get screwed on our stuff.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am also disappointed with that Kick Ball momento. I was expecting it to be an emote where we juggle the ball with our knees and feet. We really did get screwed on our stuff.

Compared to the khajiit, yeah. Compared to altmer though, we got treated like royalty. Honestly though, i'd have LOVED some teeba-hatsei emotes, where we play around with the kick-balls and such, like how the khajiit now have those looping martial-arts emotes.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Up to 130 votes. The amount of people who don't want them to be an emote is literally the 1%. Oh ZOS employeeeeees! I know you can seeeeee thiiiiiiiiis!!!
    Edited by Raltin on July 23, 2019 11:31PM
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Months have passed and still this goes unanswered. I am displeased, but patient nonetheless.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    C'mon Zos...
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA

You answer quite quickly when the question is about showcase. Can you tell us anything here?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, does anyone know when might Xanmeer crates be back?
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GaryA

You answer quite quickly when the question is about showcase. Can you tell us anything here?

Thanks for calling on these devs, though I am rather disappointed to see no answer as of yet.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire anniversary celebration coming up, miredrum and vossa-satl mementos will be available again in crown crates as the xanmeer crates return again. Perfect time to revive this thread.

MAKE. THEM. EMOTES. ZOS.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I support these emotes! As mementos, they are useless :'(

I especially like two drum melodies which are played by NPCs in Dead Water village. I could listen to those all the time in game, and it would be definitely awesome to play same tunes as emotes :smiley:
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I understand why ZOS may sometimes be cautious to go back and change things... But this was just a huge mistakes. Instruments should not be stuck to mementos. It doesn't work.
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've removed some comments due to spamming, please keep the threads constructive and on topic and take a moment to review our Community Rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Maelstroa
    Maelstroa
    ✭✭
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_TrishM wrote: »
    Greetings,

We've removed some comments due to spamming, please keep the threads constructive and on topic and take a moment to review our Community Rules.

Woooooooo! Admin finally commented on this page! Albeit not what I was hoping, but still! Makin' some progress bacon, everybody! Least now we know at least one of them has seen this >.>

*crosses fingers for the future*

Also... *reads the admin's link*... huh... neat... didn't know thread-bumping wasn't allowed... to that end, also didn't know goodbye threads weren't allowed... I get the thread-bumping to some degree, but the goodbye threads are another matter... I mean, I suppose they could turn negative, yes, but... eh, nevermind.
    Edited by Raltin on February 12, 2020 9:54PM
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please! The fact that they don't loop is the only reason I didn't bother with trying to get them.
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    Just previews them both, the Vossa-Satl only plays a few notes and the drum only for a few seconds
    Please buff both of these item, maybe let them memento last or whats suggested here and change them into a loopable emote, i want to be able to sing argonian songs to people in zone voice chat.
  • drakthir
    drakthir
    ✭✭✭
    I want to buy it but... it like 2 seconds long damn
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker is there any chance these could please be made into looping emotes just like other instruments? Their beautiful melodies deserve to ring out across the lands!