Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The problem with faction lock for the veteran PvP players

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lock the factions all you want. But can we please have a 'murder hobo' faction for those of us that don't want a faction and don't care?

Call it 'imperials' or something for the lore nerds. We're farmin..err I mean fighting for the honor of Clivia Tharn. Or something.

Would really enjoy a "black faction".
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • RensDG
    RensDG
    ✭✭✭
    I must say, I havent been active in the game for over 6 months. Or active in a campaign in over a year.

But a faction lock actually makes the game interesting for me again.
    Faction loyalty wil become a thing again.

Have to add to this. I came into the game in the first month it released and I havent even seen the DC and AD home bases yet.

See you soon in Cyrodiil!
    Ebonheart pact,
    Grizon, Redguard Dragonknight.
    Grizzi, Dunmer Dragonknight
    Gri'jo, Khajiit Nightblade
    Gison, Dunmer Sorcerer

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other *** die for his"-
    -George Patton
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »
    The lack of faction locks took most of the competition out of AvA PvP. There is no motivation to score high or win a campaign. There is no team pride.

I see AvA PvP as a sport. My team is AD. I'm not going to switch sides if my team is losing or winning too much. It isn't my job or the job of a guild to balance the map. It's like in hockey if half the team joined the other side halfway through a match because their team is performing too well.

I understand your point COMPLETELY. No, it isn’t your or your guilds job to help balance the map. I think it is GREAT you stick with your faction winning or losing, to be honest we need people like you who stick by their faction. To me it is a no brainer. I have stuck with EP win or loose and trust me on the servers I play on it is more often lose. I also get that people will wait and see which faction is winning and go there.
    However, there are those of us we have every pvp achievement for AvA the game has many times over. All I want now is some good fights, good campaign rewards that I can use or sell, a challenge, and the ability that was given to me by ZOS when One Tamerial came out to play with my friends when they are on.
    What I have learned from pvping for the last 5 years. By all means stand with your faction at times they need your help, because if it affects the faction it will affect my ability to pvp. In other words if the map is all one color 1of 2 things is going to happen, you get zerged down just for trying to flip a resource or there is nothing to fight because your faction is probably the ones doing the zerging. Sometimes you have bad nights of pvp nothing goes right. Sometimes you need a fresh perspective because fighting the same people day in and day out gets old. If you pay attention you can say hey it is about time for DC to hit Kings it happens every night. Sometimes your faction will gate camp other factions, no judgement here guys all factions do it from time to time. The main thing is this... people like me just want options and if faction locks, as they are currently discussed come out right now. Then those options will be taken away from people like me.

For those of you who are infavor of faction locks. Any constructive recommendations on a good compromise for this? For those of us who really do just want to play the game? Or is everyone just on the “my way or the highway train?” For the most part don’t we ALL just want to play the game?

If any suggestions are made, I hope the people at ZeniMax listen. For you guys there I know and appreciate that this is a difficult topic for y’all. You have 2 very adamant sides wanting 2 very polar opposite extremes. Please try to find something we can all live with. @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Dutchessx on April 5, 2019 8:23PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be cool to see how long people have played because it’s been the faction loyalist that ruin a campaign every time. Relentlessly gating alliances and pvdooring the map. Which causes alliance flipping to the winning side, essentially making the campaign a perma buff campaign at some point.

But apparently it’s an issue for the minority to switch to help the underdog alliance or find better fights. From experience it’s the loyalists that’s the most toxic people in pvp. I remember switching to ad and some people got so mad to the point they went out of their way to stop me from getting emp and called me a traitor. Mind you ad barely got 1 bar most of the day. The thing is everyone doesn’t want to ruin the map , some of us want good fights. Forcing us into dead campaigns isn’t the way to go.

Every loyalist swears there’s some teaming up going on , I’ve played on every alliance and the area chat is filled with the same rhetoric.

It’s like we’re repeating the same mistakes. We already have faction dominance, now it’ll go back to completely being one sided most of the day. People will wait in that queue simply because it’s the 30 day. If anything the pvp events should make that obvious. And the other campaign will be dead for most of the day and when it’s prime time one faction will dominate it.

I've seen the same behavior.

I come from the era of buff campaigns (because of faction locks). I played on dead Thornblade until it was closed down - where EP gate camped DC at all times and if you even flipped a resource tons would show up and roll you. I mean, being gated alone is enough toxicity as is, and locked campaigns encourage behavior like this. People keep asking "well how do you know" - because they were toxic before, what makes anyone think they won't be toxic now.

And 100% agree with you, and it's been the point I've been trying to make - people like the 30-day campaign, it's most popular for a reason, lock or no lock isn't going to change that default.

The thing is faction dominance happened when pvp had enough players to spread out into different campaigns. With a smaller pool it’ll only be worse. I don’t know why people think it’s suddenly going to make open world competitive, it’s not.
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

I come from the era of buff campaigns (because of faction locks). I played on dead Thornblade until it was closed down - where EP gate camped DC at all times and if you even flipped a resource tons would show up and roll you. I mean, being gated alone is enough toxicity as is, and locked campaigns encourage behavior like this. People keep asking "well how do you know" - because they were toxic before, what makes anyone think they won't be toxic now.

I am EP and I am there with you. I was homed on Haderus and I guested Chilrend back in the buff server days. It is always good to see someone else from those days. At times when I talk to newer players I feel like I am from another time in this game because they just don’t get it.
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • Steelshiv
    Steelshiv
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Lock the factions all you want. But can we please have a 'murder hobo' faction for those of us that don't want a faction and don't care?

Call it 'imperials' or something for the lore nerds. We're farmin..err I mean fighting for the honor of Clivia Tharn. Or something.

NPC faction please.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be cool to see how long people have played because it’s been the faction loyalist that ruin a campaign every time. Relentlessly gating alliances and pvdooring the map. Which causes alliance flipping to the winning side, essentially making the campaign a perma buff campaign at some point.

But apparently it’s an issue for the minority to switch to help the underdog alliance or find better fights. From experience it’s the loyalists that’s the most toxic people in pvp. I remember switching to ad and some people got so mad to the point they went out of their way to stop me from getting emp and called me a traitor. Mind you ad barely got 1 bar most of the day. The thing is everyone doesn’t want to ruin the map , some of us want good fights. Forcing us into dead campaigns isn’t the way to go.

Every loyalist swears there’s some teaming up going on , I’ve played on every alliance and the area chat is filled with the same rhetoric.

It’s like we’re repeating the same mistakes. We already have faction dominance, now it’ll go back to completely being one sided most of the day. People will wait in that queue simply because it’s the 30 day. If anything the pvp events should make that obvious. And the other campaign will be dead for most of the day and when it’s prime time one faction will dominate it.

I've seen the same behavior.

And 100% agree with you, and it's been the point I've been trying to make - people like the 30-day campaign, it's most popular for a reason, lock or no lock isn't going to change that default.

The thing is faction dominance happened when pvp had enough players to spread out into different campaigns. With a smaller pool it’ll only be worse. I don’t know why people think it’s suddenly going to make open world competitive, it’s not.

Well that's exactly what I'm saying - when I say I played Thornblade it was as a DC against the faction dominant EP, and it was very toxic and the campaign was, well, pretty dead for the most part.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »

I am EP and I am there with you. I was homed on Haderus and I guested Chilrend back in the buff server days. It is always good to see someone else from those days. At times when I talk to newer players I feel like I am from another time in this game because they just don’t get it.

Yeah, I was EP first, saw the state of DC, went to DC for the fights, stayed, then when DC had all the zerg guilds I rolled back to EP and haven't left since.

The only difference between now and then is that, as a solo/duo player mostly, I don't have to beg someone for a queue to get on another alliance when my main faction is rolling then.

I really don't know why it's hard for people to understand why a lot of players don't want to stay on a dominant map. It kills fight, especially small scale fights.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I was EP first, saw the state of DC, went to DC for the fights, stayed, then when DC had all the zerg guilds I rolled back to EP and haven't left since.

The only difference between now and then is that, as a solo/duo player mostly, I don't have to beg someone for a queue to get on another alliance when my main faction is rolling then.

I really don't know why it's hard for people to understand why a lot of players don't want to stay on a dominant map. It kills fight, especially small scale fights.

You know what would be interesting is to see? How many people on that poll regarding length of time played vs support or not supporting a faction lock. Of the people that identified as playing for up to 5 years +. How many of us played on an opposing faction server vs playing on our faction dominated server during the buff server days. Sorry my stats nerd is showing. Lol
    You could also break it down by scale of pvp enjoyed. Because I am sorry solo and small scale in Cyrodiil doesn’t equal BGs or Dueling to me, in Cyrodiil you never know what you will run into.
    Edited by Dutchessx on April 5, 2019 10:01PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    People acting like anyone who is serious enough about getting good fights no matter the faction won't just find ways to bypass this restriction (alt accounts, etc.)

or just quit, great less player population
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • Kaiz
    Kaiz
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the opposite, as a beta player faction locks will keep my interest.

I know my guild is like that as well.
    Options
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    Steelshiv wrote: »
    The lack of faction locks took most of the competition out of AvA PvP. There is no motivation to score high or win a campaign. There is no team pride.

I see AvA PvP as a sport. My team is AD. I'm not going to switch sides if my team is losing or winning too much. It isn't my job or the job of a guild to balance the map. It's like in hockey if half the team joined the other side halfway through a match because their team is performing too well.

I understand your point COMPLETELY. No, it isn’t your or your guilds job to help balance the map. I think it is GREAT you stick with your faction winning or losing, to be honest we need people like you who stick by their faction. To me it is a no brainer. I have stuck with EP win or loose and trust me on the servers I play on it is more often lose. I also get that people will wait and see which faction is winning and go there.
    However, there are those of us we have every pvp achievement for AvA the game has many times over. All I want now is some good fights, good campaign rewards that I can use or sell, a challenge, and the ability that was given to me by ZOS when One Tamerial came out to play with my friends when they are on.
    What I have learned from pvping for the last 5 years. By all means stand with your faction at times they need your help, because if it affects the faction it will affect my ability to pvp. In other words if the map is all one color 1of 2 things is going to happen, you get zerged down just for trying to flip a resource or there is nothing to fight because your faction is probably the ones doing the zerging. Sometimes you have bad nights of pvp nothing goes right. Sometimes you need a fresh perspective because fighting the same people day in and day out gets old. If you pay attention you can say hey it is about time for DC to hit Kings it happens every night. Sometimes your faction will gate camp other factions, no judgement here guys all factions do it from time to time. The main thing is this... people like me just want options and if faction locks, as they are currently discussed come out right now. Then those options will be taken away from people like me.

For those of you who are infavor of faction locks. Any constructive recommendations on a good compromise for this? For those of us who really do just want to play the game? Or is everyone just on the “my way or the highway train?” For the most part don’t we ALL just want to play the game?

If any suggestions are made, I hope the people at ZeniMax listen. For you guys there I know and appreciate that this is a difficult topic for y’all. You have 2 very adamant sides wanting 2 very polar opposite extremes. Please try to find something we can all live with. @ZOS_GinaBruno & @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

My suggestions are this:

1) Do way with 7 day campaigns all together
    2) Rename all servers
    3) Have 4 servers 2 cp and 2 non cp
    4) One of each type (faction lock or no faction lock)
    5) Let the players decide what they like or dislike.
    6) run it for 2 months. Look at the data and adjust accordingly.

I think everyone will be very surprised what they see. Faction locked will be the more popular severs.

The other reason to do this is with the coming updates and Chaos artifacts being released after everyone completes the story line and levels their Necro Cyrodiil will be flooded after say 2 weeks? We will need the additional server. How many achievements junkies are going to be hanging around Cyrodiil to get their hands on that weapon? Which I think is Genius on ZoS part to get more ppl (especially primarily PVErs into Cyrodiil).

Have to rename the servers to make this happen. Or Loyalist will corrupt the data!

@Dutchessx any chance of reading any of those stories?

Jack
    Edited by JackAshes on April 7, 2019 12:54PM
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well switching to the underdog/underpopulated side for better pvp makes sense. I didn’t know people did that.

I have seen people play another faction to help their main faction a lot. Happens when Fengrush is online, his faction fills so players in the Orc army log on red to fight AD. You’ll see blues and reds close to each other but never fight, and he tells people not to attack each other. Says it right in his stream if you don’t believe me.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 7, 2019 1:29PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    JackAshes wrote: »

My suggestions are this:

1) Do way with 7 day campaigns all together
    2) Rename all servers
    3) Have 4 servers 2 cp and 2 non cp
    4) One of each type (faction lock or no faction lock)
    5) Let the players decide what they like or dislike.
    6) run it for 2 months. Look at the data and adjust accordingly.

I think everyone will be very surprised what they see. Faction locked will be the more popular severs.

The other reason to do this is with the coming updates and Chaos artifacts being released after everyone completes the story line and levels their Necro Cyrodiil will be flooded after say 2 weeks? We will need the additional server. How many achievements junkies are going to be hanging around Cyrodiil to get their hands on that weapon? Which I think is Genius on ZoS part to get more ppl (especially primarily PVErs into Cyrodiil).

Have to rename the servers to make this happen. Or Loyalist will corrupt the data!

@Dutchessx any chance of reading any of those stories?

Jack

I really do believe people might be surprised which one people like more but I think it will happen after the “necro craze” has settled down. I also know on the weekends I’ve seen poplocked Sotha, which is good but something I didn’t think I would see. I do like your proposal for the most part but I have my doubts that this will make people spread out, I hope it does. It is actually similar to what I’ve heard is suppose happen but not the addition of another no cp server. I still really don’t believe there is enough no cp pop to spread out on 2 servers. My concern is there will be 3 faction controlled servers and 1 server everyone plays.

Regarding my stories the ones older than 2.5 years ago were lost when my Alien died. The others I posted in my trade guild’s Discord, my Discord, and on the guild’s website. They aren’t the best in the world but I enjoy doing it. I’ve always enjoyed writing but could never create a world to put my stories in without it sounding stupid. For some reason when I started playing ESO, it was so easy things just flowed. I am not a lore expert or even know a lot about rp or anything but I have friends who are in this rp guild that put up with a pvp’er’s crazy questions and lets me hang out from time to time. I will be honest I am hesitant about putting them on the forums. Since I know lore is a very serious thing in this game and I would be upset if I accidentally got a place or some wrong. I don’t want to post them but I don’t mind people reading them
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I decided to remove my comment
    Edited by Dutchessx on April 8, 2019 3:14PM
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »
    Dead campaigns? Devs stated a 30 day no CP, a 30 day CP (both locked) and I think two 7 days, not locked, the 2 IC campaigns, and the lowbie one How will there be dead campaigns?

Because if you don't play primetime nowadays every campaign other than Vivec is 100% dead, except for the occasional PvDoor group. If the pop is split, believe me, the 7 days campaign will have no one in them until primetime, and even then, maybe 2 bars at most.

Yes. The people who wanted locks were by far the most vocal and better at presenting their case. ZOS believes they will get more subs than they'll lose.

Alright then, time to make some noise Joy <3

Make some SENSIBLE noise. That's the issue. I personally don't mind either way....but there needs to be more sensible opposition.
    Edited by IzzyStardust on April 8, 2019 2:16PM
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, I'll probably have to wave goodbye to one of my guilds if this comes in to play.
    Options
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    RensDG wrote: »
    I must say, I havent been active in the game for over 6 months. Or active in a campaign in over a year.

But a faction lock actually makes the game interesting for me again.
    Faction loyalty wil become a thing again.

Have to add to this. I came into the game in the first month it released and I havent even seen the DC and AD home bases yet.

See you soon in Cyrodiil!

@RensDG people (like me, and many people I play with) who are not interested to play for a faction will not suddenly become interested in it only because there are faction locks. So this change, if it goes live, will not somehow increase faction loyalty. Even if they will not be able to switch faction (during 30 days) they will pick their fights not based on what is good for the faction, but based on their own priorities (for example, going where they expect to have good fights)
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
    Options
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Why are people acting like this is some sort of compromise? It's literally just flipping a switch and removing the ability for people on multiple factions to play where they want to.

Without locks:
    • Faction loyalists can be faction loyalists
    • Multi-faction players can play on whatever faction

With locks:
    • Multi-faction players are forced to be loyalists or play on dead campaigns

Also, arguments for "compromise" saying that people should just play on these currently dead servers? That's just saying we need to segregate an already hemorrhaged PvP community, further dividing the game's minority group (PvP is definitely a minority) into different buckets. Thanks for saying forced segregation is a good thing.

One of the best worded posts on this topic. Difficult to understand why ZOS wants to narrow down the ways the game can be played, when it has always been part of ESO's philosophy and promise (the product that I purchased and where I have two subscriptions) that you can play the game in many ways. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
    Options
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The population is too easily cheated. Jump on an alt of a different alliance to help manipulate the map for your main allainces favor.
    Options
  • JykJax
    JykJax
    ✭✭
    Glory wrote: »
    Why are people acting like this is some sort of compromise? It's literally just flipping a switch and removing the ability for people on multiple factions to play where they want to.

Without locks:
    • Multi-faction players can play on whatever faction

With locks:
    • Multi-faction players are forced to be loyalists or play on dead campaigns

Also, arguments for "compromise" saying that people should just play on these currently dead servers? That's just saying we need to segregate an already hemorrhaged PvP community, further dividing the game's minority group (PvP is definitely a minority) into different buckets. Thanks for saying forced segregation is a good thing.

it would be interesting if they switch the faction locks server, keeping the 30 days campaign without faction locks and the 7 days with it. Suddenly they loyalist too will talk about dead campaign..

Very disappointed by this changes, i will lost 10 chars to play pvp, i used to prefer playing without CP and they remove it.

A possible solution is to keep the actual servers and just add 2 servers with this new fantastic idea, so everyone will be happy
    Options
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm delighted by this change. And if there are as many folks who care nothing for faction loyalty as some posters claim, those campaigns shouldn't be dead so win win.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    I'm delighted by this change. And if there are as many folks who care nothing for faction loyalty as some posters claim, those campaigns shouldn't be dead so win win.

except those campaigns will be dead in off-hours and oceanic because there's not a lot of population. that point has literally been said over and over and over and over and over and over.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Options
  • josh.lackey_ESO
    josh.lackey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a campaign than locks out faction loyalists. If you home the faction lock campaign, you should be able to play ONLY that campaign, ever. No guesting other campaigns. You have to stay loyal to your faction in that campaign forever.

Lock everything except one 30 day CP campaign, which will remain unlocked and only for people who have not homed the other servers. I DO NOT want to play with toxic faction loyalists. They ruin pvp in my opinion. I would like to be able to play only with other like-minded people who appreciate fair teamwork and good sportsmanship, rather than blind tribalism and virtual xenophobia.
    Options
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »
    I couldn't have worded it better myself.

Let's all take a moment to remember faction lock has existed in ESO before, and it was taken down after the playerbase protested. Must we really do that again?

My organized PvP guild consists of EP, DC and AD mains. If faction lock gets to live, this might be the end of the guild, or any fun playing with it, since we will have to play on dead campaigns.

Dead campaigns? Devs stated a 30 day no CP, a 30 day CP (both locked) and I think two 7 days, not locked, the 2 IC campaigns, and the lowbie one How will there be dead campaigns?

Dead Campaigns will be created once majority of players get the feel for which alliance will be the strongest...and than join that Alliance...now they are Locked in...soo they Q up and...pop locked...sit in Q
    Now at this point currently a lot of players would say F that and swap to a toon on low pop Alliance rather than sitting in a Q...
    But...Alliance Lock prevents this...
    So now you have Alliances with huge Q’s and under populated Alliances with minimal defenders and...Gate.
    Rinse and repeat following month...n next annnd next....and Fuuuun
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    Enkil wrote: »

It would be best all around if they do a clean wipe (regenesis/renewal) and reitre all the the current server names with the release of Elseweyr and create new names with their varying degree of locks/restrictions from that point on. FRESH START!

They are doing exactly this. 2 new 30 day campaigns cp and no cp locked, 1 new 7 day campaign no lock, 1 new 10-49 campaign no lock, 2 new IC Sewers campaigns 1 cp, 1 no cp, not locked. All current campaigns will be retired.

I’ve watched several videos and haven’t seen those soecific plans yet personally.

The second ESO stream from Gameplay days - Wheeler says they are "nuking" the old campaigns and create four "brand new" campaigns. Around 2:12:55 on the video if the direct link doesn't work.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/403596314?t=02h12m52s
    Options
  • Ormtunge
    Ormtunge
    ✭✭✭
    I want a campaign than locks out faction loyalists. If you home the faction lock campaign, you should be able to play ONLY that campaign, ever. No guesting other campaigns. You have to stay loyal to your faction in that campaign forever.

Lock everything except one 30 day CP campaign, which will remain unlocked and only for people who have not homed the other servers. I DO NOT want to play with toxic faction loyalists. They ruin pvp in my opinion. I would like to be able to play only with other like-minded people who appreciate fair teamwork and good sportsmanship, rather than blind tribalism and virtual xenophobia.

So u want to play with other players who dont want to fight to win the campaign? That doesnt care about their faction/team, to get fair teamwork and good sportsmanship?
    Options
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ormtunge wrote: »

So u want to play with other players who dont want to fight to win the campaign? That doesnt care about their faction/team, to get fair teamwork and good sportsmanship?

For me a faction is not a team. It is a large mass of players most of whom I do not know, of whom many do not know each other, etc.

What I care about and am proud of are my guilds - these are players whom I know and with whom I can enjoy great teamwork. I want my guilds to have good fights and successful raids and never even look at the faction score.
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    Ormtunge wrote: »

1. I've won and lost so many campaigns the meaning has lost value to me. This is a game design issue, as the incentives to play for campaigns lost meaning around 2015.
    2. The people I've met who have poor sportsmanship are almost always "faction loyalists", as they accuse people of cheating because they don't understand the game or are toxic because of their loyalty.
    3. Some find it more interesting to try to alter the outcome of the campaign by moving to a faction which is heavily outnumbered (i.e. if DC on PC/NA/Vivec is so wildly outnumbered, I am likely to want to play on that faction more because I don't like steamrolling and prefer a challenge instead). That should be ok.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options