Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – April 2019"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
227bfcb4550e221794de362e07f33851.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the article Crown Store Showcase – April 2019

Classic costumes, shadowy companions, an arena you can call home, and a selection of charming new music boxes are coming to the Crown Store in April. Preview it all in our latest Showcase!
Staff Post
  • yooqi
    yooqi
    ✭✭✭
    Why did the gloam wolves have to be gem exclusives... when will this madness stop :/
    Gwen Benele - Breton Templar
    PC NA
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    During the same time period, the Engine Guardian Mask Style Page will have a chance to drop from the final boss in the Veteran Darkshade Caverns II dungeon, and the Sellistrix Shoulder Style Page will have a chance to drop from Maj al-Ragath’s Undaunted Chest
    Is that correct? Or should it say Engine Guardian Shoulder?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azura at last!

Still not a fan of artefact items being sold as skins. I thought one of the reasons we didn't have them be acquired in game was to avoid everyone running around with unique items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Wolfkeks
    Wolfkeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course the shadow wolf mount and pet are crown gem exclusives...
    "Sheggorath, you are the Skooma Cat, for what is crazier than a cat on skooma?" - Fadomai
    EU PC 2000+ CP professional mudballer and pie thrower
    Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, vAA hm, vHelRa hm, vSO hm, vMoL hm, vHoF hm, vAS+2, vCR+3, vSS hm, vKA, vRG, Flawless Conquerer, Spirit Slayer
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wolfkeks wrote: »
    Of course the shadow wolf mount and pet are crown gem exclusives...
    Yeah not overly impressed with this either, but things sell for them so they're going to keep doing it.

How far we've fallen that we now have to buy a currency to buy loot boxes to gamble on duplicate items to get a currency to buy a direct sale item.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    During the same time period, the Engine Guardian Mask Style Page will have a chance to drop from the final boss in the Veteran Darkshade Caverns II dungeon, and the Sellistrix Shoulder Style Page will have a chance to drop from Maj al-Ragath’s Undaunted Chest
    Is that correct? Or should it say Engine Guardian Shoulder?

Yeah, that looks like a typo. We'll get the article updated. Thanks!
    Edited by ZOS_SarahHecker on April 3, 2019 2:51PM
    Staff Post
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you thought things couldn't get any worse with the introduction of the radiant apex mounts, and we now have gem-exclusive items... why couldn't they put the gloam wolves as regular purchases, they are so pretty :'(
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Azura at last!

Finally! I thought we would get her during the Morrowind celebration, but got Hircine instead
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crown gem exclusives suck. Why are they a thing? Because 1% of players accumulated some gems?

Also sad that thay had to add stupid basket to a horse
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this private arena, the pvp theme house mentioned before with special mechanics for duels ?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Is this private arena, the pvp theme house mentioned before with special mechanics for duels ?
    I believe so yes. As that's the name others have used when talking about it.

• TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, both statues I need I can have this month. Also dwemer artifacts and another slim horse. Yay!
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    How far we've fallen that we now have to buy a currency to buy loot boxes to gamble on duplicate items to get a currency to buy a direct sale item.

Yeah, that's really sad.
    I'm going from memory, but an average crate yields about 5-10 gems, no? That means that an item that costs 300 gems requires about 45 crates, and that's 15000 crowns or about 90 €.
    That's a bit too much for me (like ten times what I think would be reasonable)
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a reminder that the Breton Hero's cape still looks like its stapled to your character's butt, and the Altmer Hero's costume makes your female character's bust size increase.

Also a reminder that the Alliance Rider costume changes color in Battlegrounds thanks to how the teams are coded.
    Pit Daemons - EP
    Fire Drakes - AD
    Stormlords - DC
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    See I knew holding onto all those crowns and gems would pay off
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very disappointed to see the Gloam Wolf mount and pet be gem exclusives, especially since the Dragonscale crates do not have a matching 100 gem mount and pet, unlike almost all crate seasons:
    1. Storm Atronach: Clouded Sench-Leopard mount/pet, and Red Pit Wolf mount/pet
    2. Wild Hunt: Black Senche-Panther mount/pet, and Doom Wolf mount/pet
    3. Dwarven: Dro-m'Athra Senche mount/pet
    4. Reaper's Harvest: Black Bear mount/pet
    5. Flame Atronach: Ice Wolf mount/pet, and Sench-Leopard mount/pet
    6. Scalecaller: Sabre Cat mount/pet
    7. Psijic Vault: ERROR
    8. Hollowjack: Atmoran Snow Bear mount/pet
    9. Xanmeer: Nightfall Sabre Cat mount/pet

Let us hope for reasonable prices as they are a pair, and not a single mount like previous gem exclusives.
    PS5 EU.
  • gurluasb16_ESO
    gurluasb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meridia stuff, the Island house, Dwemer stuff, this is a big pile of yay!
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While I'm pleased to see the hero costumes return, as well as Grand Topal, for those who missed out on them the first time around, it's pretty sad that the ENTIRE showcase is made up solely of limited-time items and regular store items that will be on discount for ESO+ members.

They finally introduce new music boxes, only to offer them for a short time. If they were collectibles, I might buy them, but 800 crowns for one music box that plays one song? Nope.

Already have the hero costumes and the Auroran Knight (during the Black Fredas sale). Not interested in the ugly horse. I'll have to see how the Meridian Sabre Cat looks in-game, but the picture looks awful.

I am pleased to get the Azura statuette and will be purchasing Meridia, but that's it for me this month. I thought about Spellbreaker, as I'm familiar with that artifact, but I only have two characters that use a shield and 1200 crowns (going by the price of Chrysamere) is too steep for me.

All the rest of the regular items that are for sale for ESO+ members I've never cared about and a cheaper price won't entice me either.

Got tons of stuff from the Psijic crates due to all the free ones they gave away when it launched, so nothing really there that I really want plus I don't buy crates. So, gem exclusives are always out for me. Some I might have purchased if they were for crowns, but most I would have passed on anyway. I've got so many mounts/pets as it is, so it takes something really special to entice me these days.

While I like Grand Topal, I'll be passing on it again. Maybe if I had gotten my 19,800 crowns up front for my one-year ESO+ sub (instead of continuing to get a monthly allotment on XB), I might have bought it, as I would have a lot more crowns burning a virtual hole in my online wallet. As it is, I'm saving what I have for the Frostvault house. Depending on the price, I might pick that one up. Oh...and passing on the Arena House as well. It's cool, but I don't duel or PvP, so it has little else to offer in the way of a home.
  • NeriaMorvayn
    NeriaMorvayn
    ✭✭✭
    The Elven and Nord hero styles are neat, but I'll pass this month. Will be saving my crowns for the Senche-Raht upgrade once Elsweyr is out. Should have oreordered the collector's edition instead of the regular one. Oh well. :smile:
    Edited by NeriaMorvayn on April 3, 2019 4:50PM
    New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
    My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
    Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
    Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
    Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
    Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
    Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
    Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA:
    Fenrir Stormcaller ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ
    Rana Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Sorceress ✺
    Aryaanye Direnni ♢ Altmer Hulkynd Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ancarion Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Skaði Frost-Fire ♢ Nord Dragonknight Witch ⚔
    Elanas Nightshade ♢ Bosmer Werewolf Nightblade ⚔
    Ri'zargo H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar ᐁ
    Shabani H'karr ♢ Khajiit Warden Thief ⚔
    Yara Galerion ♢ High Elf Templar ✺
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's very pleasant surprise that return of previous crate seasons is announced in showcase article now, thank you! :) I hope this will continue, and next article in May will also inform us about return of other season and so on <3

While I also think that it would be better to have all crate items in store for direct purchases, but crates do not seem to go away (we even get more and more gem-exclusive items... :o ) - so it would be really good if in addition to current season which lasts for some months, every month we could also get crates from any of previous seasons.
  • Myrkgrav
    Myrkgrav
    ✭✭✭✭
    why gloam wolf whhyyyyyyyy
    Morty | ♂ | @morti_macabre | PC NA | EST
    Member of Knights of the Sanguine, Sheogorath's Mortals & Sword Coast Traders
  • perogwin_ESO
    perogwin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is a bit of a disappointment.

I was hoping that the Frostvault house would be out this month, so that's is a major let down. Looks like only things I am getting this month will be the engine guardian weapon pack, Azura Freebie, Meridia Statue, and MAYBE Spellbreaker (if it isn't a bank breaker).

Edited by perogwin_ESO on April 3, 2019 5:00PM
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also extremely disappointed to see that the wolf mount will be a crown gem exclusive item. This is not an encouraging pattern, since most of the other mounts (with the exception of the Meridian Sabre Cat and matching cub) are rather mundane in appearance. I'm also not thrilled with the time limited items, due to how much pressure it adds to your customer to purchase crowns (though I am certain from a marketing perspective, this is likely the point) The music boxes should have been permanent additions to the crown furnishing section.

All in all, even though I like what is being shown in the showcase, I don't feel that the time limitations placed on any of the items are very "celebratory" nor is the limitation in keeping with what an anniversary celebration should be. It would have been far nicer (and felt more like an event) if the items remained in the store all month to be purchased.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azura will be a welcome addition my little statuette's collection! :)

Spellbreaker in all it's glory is cool, would LOVE to see it added as a Furnishing Item to place in our homes!

Engine Guardian Staff looking MEAN, & glad to see the Psijic Crates return. I don't buy crates, but I've got quite a few Crown Gems saved up from the Twitch crates you get.

Also I'm sure it's in the works, but a "Nerevar Rising" Musicbox would be a Day 1 buy from me *wink wink*

Also speaking of the Music Box that's a pretty interesting custom made Vivec City apartment you guys took this picture in
    4989b44e7a349fbdb67c1ec905a2d36a.jpg

Maybe a sign of say a future house to come? ;)
    Seriously, slap a door on that room & sell it, I'd pay mad crowns for a good sized Vivec City home :'(
    Edited by Vehlir on April 3, 2019 5:14PM
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Elven and Nord hero styles are neat, but I'll pass this month. Will be saving my crowns for the Senche-Raht upgrade once Elsweyr is out. Should have oreordered the collector's edition instead of the regular one. Oh well. :smile:

You can ask the refund for standard edition and buy the collector’s one. That’s what I did with Summerset. @NeriaMorvayn

• Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    It's very pleasant surprise that return of previous crate seasons is announced in showcase article now, thank you! :) I hope this will continue, and next article in May will also inform us about return of other season and so on <3

While I also think that it would be better to have all crate items in store for direct purchases, but crates do not seem to go away (we even get more and more gem-exclusive items... :o ) - so it would be really good if in addition to current season which lasts for some months, every month we could also get crates from any of previous seasons.

I agree! I couldn’t buy my psijic Senche because they brought back Wild Hunt crates and I went mad :-) these 2 are my favourite seasons as for apex mounts.

I hope they will continue to announce if any old seasons come back, this we can plan our budget^^
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloam wolf was my fave thing from the datamine so of course it's a gem exclusive. I hardly even bother with the crown store anymore :disappointed:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • NeriaMorvayn
    NeriaMorvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Atallanta wrote: »

You can ask the refund for standard edition and buy the collector’s one. That’s what I did with Summerset. @NeriaMorvayn

Thank you so much for the heads up! I didn't think it was possible. :)
    New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
    My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
    Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
    Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
    Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
    Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
    Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
    Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA: