Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Dragonscale Crown Crate Season"

• TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    This crate is just a let down. The mounts are just wearing hats, the previously "pre-order only" things are in this crate from DLCs and there are a huge number of tattoo/body markings, jewellery and even the skin is bland. It's a freezer burn skin like someone fell asleep in the snow.

What, one mount? From CE that was put in the store with HotR release? It was not limited in any way and was sold for many months.
    Most of the itemsin these crates are complitely new mind you.
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see the Apex Guar's picture (I haven't found one of it, at any rate,) but the Solar Horse is magnificent.

That said, I am not sure I am crazy enough to open enough Crates to get the Solar Horse. There's three Radiant mounts, I already have one of them and yeah, I would be more comfortable on spending even like 800 crown gems on a sure thing than going for broke on something so rare that even if I go crazy I won't get it.

It still is one awesome Solar Horse though...
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, this is how you make blue rewards more interesting, not with some random loose motif pages. There's actually some nice cool stuff in there in the blue tier. If the white bloat-tier is indeed gone, I might even buy a four-stack this time around (for gold, of course).

(Got zero interest in apex mounts, though. Your mount designers are getting lazy! :p )
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    See, this is how you make blue rewards more interesting, not with some random loose motif pages. There's actually some nice cool stuff in there in the blue tier. If the white bloat-tier is indeed gone, I might even buy a four-stack this time around (for gold, of course).

(Got zero interest in apex mounts, though. Your mount designers are getting lazy! :p )

I like this season’s blue tier rewards too.
  • Quantact
    Quantact
    ✭✭✭
    deflorate wrote: »
    This crate is just a let down. The mounts are just wearing hats, the previously "pre-order only" things are in this crate from DLCs and there are a huge number of tattoo/body markings, jewellery and even the skin is bland. It's a freezer burn skin like someone fell asleep in the snow.

Having seen the pics of all the stuff, I gotta agree that the "good stuff" is underwhelming compared to older seasons. Like, the Guar Apex in this crate series is not as spectacular as, say, the Wild Hunt Guar or the Storm Atronach Guar. That said, as others have remarked, some of the more affordable stuff is better than previous seasons. For example, the Dwarven weapons are more impressive than the Xanmeer season's weapons were. And, I think it's pretty nice that some of the LEAST expensive stuff is useful, like the 16 crown gem eyeshadow and the earrings. It doesn't have to have a 400 crown gem price tag for you to like it, and if you only need to spend 16 gems, nothing wrong with that.
    Edited by Quantact on March 27, 2019 6:01PM
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not against a "mortal" skin or whatever for Vamps, but I get the feeling they are making these skins more accessible in lieu of a vamp specific skin. We now have 2 Ice themed skins, I'm curious to see what's up next.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where the heck is the Maormer skin? 😬😬😬
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are all the good mounts locked behind rng now ? Well I know the obvious answer but as a person who has bought multiple mounts and costumes. Locking it behind rng only makes me not invest money at all. To be honest the implementation of the crown crate system has made me spend less money rather than more. Can we please at least get back to releasing quality mounts for purchase please. The recent crown crate seasons are terrible btw. In this season there’s only 1-3 things that’s interesting enough to actually want to buy but guess what you can’t even get them unless you have gems or make random purchases. It’s sad because the quality has dropped severely in comparison to the crown store items from the past.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do wish the crate seasons would lean a little harder into having a few off-season holiday dye stamps available. I'm already in need of a refill on Witches and New Life stamps.

If the white bloat-tier is indeed gone, I might even buy a four-stack this time around (for gold, of course).

It's not gone. The common consumables are what keep the crate price set at 400 crowns apiece.
    signing off
  • sagesourceb16_ESO
    sagesourceb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever did the Namira statue should be eaten by slugs and worms. Since when has she been Sithis' crazy aunt? There was a very creepy but dignified Namira altar in Skyrim. They should have just copied that instead of insulting our intelligence with the sort of "scary" statue that will have most people doubled up with laughter. Namira isn't supposed to be funny.
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real dry season for me again, only purchased one item from current season, and nothing interesting for me here. Couple that with the lack-lustre Crown store offerings past few months. I have 2000+ gems and 28k crowns that been sat there for ages.

Keep on waiting I guess. Happy others are enjoying the stuff though.

• NeriaMorvayn
    NeriaMorvayn
    ✭✭✭
    Now this crate looks AMAZING!!! I'm counting down the hours until it's here.
    I grabbed the cliffracer and welwa from the Xanmeer crates but tbh nothing else seemed appealing to me from that collection.
    New ID: PixelPsychologist. Can't get to change it in the forums.
    My merry band of misfits:

EU:

Telacar Aurelas ♢ Altmer Sorcerer/Warrior ᐁ⚔
    Galas Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ja'qen H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar Thief ⚔
    Solmaril Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Aras Morvayn ♢ Dunmer Sorcerer ✺
    Astidis Artellian ♢ Breton Dragonknight ᐁ
    Iva Axia ♢ Imperial Necromancer ⚔
    Deryah at-Ravan ♢ Redguard Warden Pirate ⚔
    Ingvar Ice-Wolf ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ

NA:
    Fenrir Stormcaller ♢ Nord Dragonknight ᐁ
    Rana Hlaalu ♢ Dunmer Sorceress ✺
    Aryaanye Direnni ♢ Altmer Hulkynd Nightblade Assassin ⚔
    Ancarion Camoran ♢ Ayleid-Altmer Necromancer ᐁ⚔
    Skaði Frost-Fire ♢ Nord Dragonknight Witch ⚔
    Elanas Nightshade ♢ Bosmer Werewolf Nightblade ⚔
    Ri'zargo H'karr ♢ Khajiit Templar ᐁ
    Shabani H'karr ♢ Khajiit Warden Thief ⚔
    Yara Galerion ♢ High Elf Templar ✺
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whoever did the Namira statue should be eaten by slugs and worms. Since when has she been Sithis' crazy aunt? There was a very creepy but dignified Namira altar in Skyrim. They should have just copied that instead of insulting our intelligence with the sort of "scary" statue that will have most people doubled up with laughter. Namira isn't supposed to be funny.

If you want an unholy terror in your house, give us the Namira that appears in the ESO Summerset main quest *shivers*.
  • General_Zeranth
    General_Zeranth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad the mounts are just matte black with some fancy armor. Love the super apex wolf mount cause anything lightning is awesome but yeah not tempting RNGesus to smite me with failure after failure to get it, nor do I want to empty my wallet trying.

The skin is nice enough but the Tenmar Senche-Tiger makes me sad as all get out. I was really really hoping it'd be a true tiger not just a cat version of the Gorne Striped Wolf. Still hoping for an actual tiger someday since I did not get the chance to get the amazing version from the Beta Testing.
    Xbox - NA

Self confessed Master Angler title chaser.

Titles Earned: 10/∞
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the white tier is still there. And I was hoping they finally did the crates right. Oh, old stupid naive me. ;)

Not sure what to think about the frosty skin, though. It is.... strange. It makes dark-skinned characters almost white, but it is barely noticeable on lighter ones. Anybody tried what it does on vampires?
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Namira banner and tapestry pictures are switched on the xbox crown crate store. The banner gives you the tapestry and the tapestry gives you the banner. Bought 2 banners, got 2 tapestries.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst crate season so far. There isn't even ONE thing I would be interested in, nor for free nor for any money (duh!). While maybe mostly for Argonian fans, lizard crates had at least objectively very well done and unusual mounts, cool plants, chicken, nice costumes - this time it's pure yawn fest. Boring and uncreative. And another overpriced walking toilet, with turbo boost... yay...
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Schokolade
    Schokolade
    ✭✭✭
    Hiruda wrote: »
    No free crate again :/ ?

No more free crates for killing random mobs?
    I wasn't pay attention these months...

giphy.gif
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So much cool stuff! I hope we get some look-alike to the radiant mounts. They are soooooooo rare, so hard to get. So at the very least getting something that looks well, at least a little bit like them could be something. For crowns, not gems or RNG. But not to similar or there wouldn't be much special about the Radiant Apex mounts.

I am very glad that they bring back old mounts with crown crates. How I finally got my hands on the beautiful and epicDro m'Athra Senche.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've made a showcase video for Dragonscale Barded wolf mount :)

https://youtu.be/BQwCLVuUvFA

You can see all movement and hear all sounds which it makes.

I love the look of stamina upgrade on the wolf <3 I also really like that it omits some light after howl, so it has at least some impact on the environment (well, any Apex from this season should do it too). For example, Flame atronach mounts were not impacting environment at all, even though logically they would have to glow all the time and leave fiery/molten lava-ish foot prints :/

The wolf doesn't blink, which is creepy when you look at his dead eyes during the day :/ Voice is not edited at all, it's simply the voice of ordinary wolf mount (this is also true for all Apex and Radiant Apex mounts from this season - they have unedited voices of ordinary animals). It has no fancy summoning animation, only special effect added to it.
  • BIGTEX303
    BIGTEX303
    Soul Shriven
    I am very well aware of the pvp issues that were discussed yesterday and it makes me worry how you plan on implementing the one faction per account in a 30 day campaign. Having all 3 factions due to races being tied to alliances unless you buy the upgrade (AKA pay wall) makes this seem that like a smack in the face to PVE players. Just to be clear I am not a pvper nor do I wish to ever become one but like many others I need the transmute crystals to progress in my pve content with BIS gear/weapons. The constant lag and random load screens is just something many choose not to engage with for obvious reasons. With the system that is being discussed you will be forced to go to unpopular campaigns which are ghost towns depending on the alliance just to get your tier 1 reward instead of zerging in the more popular VIVEC.

If these changes do go live do you plan on offering alliance changes for previous characters made so they are not locked out of the most popular 30 day campaign?
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hm gem for the chatty hand puppet.

Thats the only thing I want.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are going to have to rethink how they do these crates. The contents of the crates need to be very exotic and fresh each season. I've been playing this game since the beginning. It's going to take a little more than a reskin to get me excited. I've had plenty of time to form a collection of nice looking mounts, costumes, and such.

The truth is, I'd rather see them toss crown crates completely and just focus on the crown store.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will these crates be available?
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long will these crates be available?

Around 3 months. I think the Baandari crates will hit the store on June 20th