Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

More Alliance Ranks & greater rewards for Alliance War Veterans!

Universe
Universe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey everyone :)
I believe that 50 alliance ranks are not enough and I had an idea back in 2017 on how to add 10 more alliance ranks with meaningful rewards.
The two main reasons to add more ranks & titles:
A. It can provide a new sense of PVP progression, especially for veteran players.
B. Add new rewards for existing ranks and new ranks - this could motivate veteran players & newer players to participate more in Cyrodiil PVP even after reaching Grand Overlord.
The current high ranks should also have better rewards, but below I address the new ranks.
The new ranks:
Duke: AR 51/52 (Required 70M AP for rank 1, 78M AP rank 2). Furniture: Noble banner of Authority.
Prince: AR 53/54 (Required 86M AP rank 1, 95M AP rank 2). Furniture: Resource tower+flag.
Grand Prince/Duke: AR 55/56 (Required 105M AP rank 1, 115M AP rank 2). Furniture: Grand Golden Crown, size: 10 meters.
Archduke: AR 57/58 (Required 130M AP rank 1, 145M AP rank 2). Furniture: An ancient colosseum 30 meters on 30 meters.
Legendary Hero: AR 59/60 (Required 165M AP rank 1, 185M AP rank 2). Furniture: Inner Keep+Throne of Legend.
Special mount+Color. 3 skill points.
AR symbol of Legendary Hero will be the alliance symbol with 1 crown each side, left and right.
A skin and/or a costume.
* If the following buff won't be implemented, the max rank will be obtained at 110M-120M AP.
* Optional - Instead of the below power buff, the Legendary Hero can have a boost to Rewards of the Worthy mail, rewards from turning in cyrodiil AVA quests and end of campaign rewards.
* Optional - The addition of new ranks can be implemented with some tweaks in how AP gains are calculated so there will be less zerging.

***OPTIONAL Buff(May or may not be implemented, if the developers believe it is OP and/or unfair.):
Legendary Hero will have an alliance war skill line, similar to Emperor but less powerful:
Minor Domination: Increases your Health, Magicka, and Stamina Recovery in combat by 50% while in your campaign.
Minor Authority: Increases your Ultimate generation by 50% while in your campaign.
Tactician: Increases your damage done with Siege Weapons to keeps and other Siege Weapons by 50% while in your campaign.
Hero: Increases your healing received by 25% while in your campaign.
Noble: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 30% while in your campaign.

*If the Legendary Hero becomes emperor or wields a Daedric Artifact, his normal stats won't count, only emperor/Daedric Artifact stats.

*The buff can be even minor compared to above numbers(like 2-10%), but it needs to make a difference, especially when a grind for a 165M AP rank may take a lot... of time and much effort.
*As for balance, in order to achieve Legendary Hero rank 1, you will need to farm 165 million alliance points, so there will be very few players with this rank.
My original comment suggestion back from 2017:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4427280#Comment_4427280

In addition to my post I wanted to add an idea for better rewards for existing top rank Grand Overlord:
Optional: *Your chance to obtain an Arena Gladiator's Proof from a second quest within 20 hours is doubled.
*Grand Hat of Authority - The hat will have the alliance symbol in all sides with a description: "Awarded to Esteemed Generals of Aldmeri Dominion/ Ebonheart Pact/Daggerfall Covenant".
*In addition to normal end of campaign rewards, if you participated in the alliance war(earned any alliance points) you shall receive 1 random gold jewelry in the end of the campaign.

In addition to my post I wanted to add an idea for better rewards for existing high rank, Grand Warlord:
*50% bonus to gold amount in Rewards of the Worthy mail(not end of campaign rewards, this applies only to the reward received every 20K ap).
*10% discount when buying items from the siege merchants & items from the War researcher, such as motifs.
*Optional Passive: You're allowed to teleport to one of your Alliance controlled Keep or Outpost once every 2 hours.
This works similar to Keep Recall Stones:
You cannot recall to a structure that is under attack (shown on the UI as a starburst icon).
You cannot recall to a structure while standing inside the region of a Keep, Resource, Outpost or Town.
You cannot use a Recall Stone while actively in combat.
Recall Stones can be used while in Caves of Cyrodiil, but not in the Imperial City.
Recall Stones are account bound, so they can be banked but not traded to other players.
You cannot use a Recall Stone while carrying an Elder Scroll.

In addition to my post I wanted to add an idea for better rewards for existing rank, Warlord:
*Skin - "Ebony-Ruby-Red Skin of the Warlord".
Optional: *Mount - "Elite Alliance War Lion".
Similar to "Alliance War Horse" but it is an heavily armored Lion with unique appearance(cosmetic, doesn't influence effectiveness).
The lion will bear the relevant Alliance symbol AD/EP/DC.

Please share your thoughts :)
@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Universe on April 16, 2019 3:20PM
Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
Started playing ESO in beta & early access
User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in other words you want to people to get a give-me emp buff. Sounds like a horrible idea.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So in other words you want to people to get a give-me emp buff. Sounds like a horrible idea.

No.
    It will be much lesser to Emperor.
    The above numbers are roughly almost 1/2 of Emperor.
    Also, the above numbers can be lesser, like 2%-10%.
    Edited by Universe on March 18, 2019 5:15AM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »

No.
    It will be much lesser than Emperor.

Regardless, if you giving players who either have the time or the means to easily get to that rank a buff that would make them arguably better than a large majority of players who haven't even gotten to rank 50 yet. Not to mention that there is literally no roadblock or obstacle that could potentially deny those buffs. Sorry but no. Adding more ranks is one thing, but making people get added power for free practically is a terrible idea that is no way shape or form good.

(Also saying that "only very few people will have it" is not balance.)
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on March 18, 2019 5:18AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

Regardless, if you giving players who either have the time or the means to easily get to that rank a buff that would make them arguably better than a large majority of players who haven't even gotten to rank 50 yet. Not to mention that there is literally no roadblock or obstacle that could potentially deny those buffs. Sorry but no. Adding more ranks is one thing, but making people get added power for free practically is a terrible idea that is no way shape or form good.

As I posted earlier, the buff numbers are a suggestion.
    It can be much lesser with even less benefits.
    You can consider my suggestion as a prototype to build on.
    Players who grind deserve to be rewarded :)
    Edited by Universe on March 18, 2019 5:21AM
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

You are not seeing the problem. Giving players added power for being a rank that many people would probably not have access to is not fair. On top of it, what if said player who has that new max rank, also has emp. How is that not broken? Less, more stats, effects etc doesn't mean s***. It gives someone an advantage that can not be taken away or prevented. That is NOT balance.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on March 18, 2019 5:26AM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

You are not seeing the problem. Giving players added power for being a rank that many people would probably not have access to is not fair. On top of it, what if said player who has that new max rank, also has emp. How is that not broken? Less, more stats, effects etc doesn't mean s***. It gives someone an advantage that can not be taken away or prevented. That is NOT balance.

Actually it is fair.
    Just like the undaunted grind - the passive "Undaunted Mettle"(Increases your Max Health, Stamina, and Magicka by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped).
    I asked many PVP players and actually many didn't even had this.
    If the Legendary Hero becomes emperor, his normal stats won't count, only emperor stats.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

Actually it is fair.
    Just like the undaunted grind - the passive "Undaunted Mettle"(Increases your Max Health, Stamina, and Magicka by 2% per type of Armor (Heavy, Medium, Light) that you have equipped).
    If the Legendary Hero becomes emperor, his normal stats won't count, only emperor stats.

You are comparing a grind that can take upward of a few weeks to get to one that could possibly take years? You got to be kidding right? It's like comparing ESO combat to Skyrim, or Oblivion or even Morrowind. There is none. It's not fair, and I fail to see how you could even believe it is.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those buffs aren’t happening. Former emperor buffs didn’t last so it’s no way that’s going to be implemented.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No.

Actually it is fair.

You are comparing a grind that can take upward of a few weeks to get to one that could possibly take years? You got to be kidding right? It's like comparing ESO combat to Skyrim, or Oblivion or even Morrowind. There is none. It's not fair, and I fail to see how you could even believe it is.

I understand your point of view while I disagree :)
    Thank you for your feedback!
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those buffs aren’t happening. Former emperor buffs didn’t last so it’s no way that’s going to be implemented.

Emperor was and is still too easy to get.
    I'm speaking of a final rank which have bonuses.
    PVE players have their undaunted, I want the same in PVP(though it will take much more effort to obtain, 165M alliance points - so it will be balanced).
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything was fine up to the buffs. Power creep is already a huge issue.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Fine :)
    Even though I disagree I will edit my post to make it optional.
  • Zevrro
    Zevrro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grand Overlord takes long enough to get. I'm all for giving better rewards for AvA ranks but I don't want max rank to go from 64m AP to 185m AP like you're suggesting.
    @Zevrro PC-EU
    CP 1200+
    Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan
    Magicka Nightblade

AD | Zevrro
    | Magicka Nightblade | AR43 |
    AD | Zevrro II | Magicka Nightblade | AR50 | 09-02-2019 |
    DC | Not Zevrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR33 |
    EP | Ževrro | Magicka Nightblade | AR14 |
    Other PvP Characters
    AD | Zevrro VII | Stamina Warden | AR33 |
    AD | Zevrro XII | Magicka Warden | AR22 |
    DC | Not Zevrro II | Magicka Warden | AR14 |
    DC | Necrotic Zevrro | Magicka Necromancer | AR17 |
    EP | Real-Skyice | Stamina Warden | AR10 |

>156m AP
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zevrro wrote: »
    Grand Overlord takes long enough to get. I'm all for giving better rewards for AvA ranks but I don't want max rank to go from 64m AP to 185m AP like you're suggesting.

I based it on how hard it will be to obtain the Legendary Hero Buff(so it will be rare).
    If there will be no buff at all(I marked it optional) the 185M AP can be reduced to a value of 110M-120M AP.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of new ranks; It would give me a reason to PVP on my Grand Overlord again.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I like the idea of new ranks; It would give me a reason to PVP on my Grand Overlord again.

It will give me a reason too.
    Last few years I played in Cyrodiil just for fun, but I consider a real grind an even greater joy! :)
    Edited by Universe on March 18, 2019 6:16AM
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree with increasing ranks - but no to the buffs.

There’s actually quite a few GO’s nowadays in Vivec NA PC and the numbers are increasing - it would be good for them to have something to aim for rather than just be capped.

Maybe a range of cool titles to select from as you get past GO. Or maybe the ability to come up with your own. That could be hilarious imo.

Edit: spelling
    Edited by AndyMac on March 18, 2019 7:37AM
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Fine :)
    Even though I disagree I will edit my post to make it optional.

You’re suggesting 50% ult gen buff that’s a comical amount. Even 10% is a lot. Sure you can lower it to 2% but at this point in the games life they’re actively looking at ways to reduce power creep including an entire redesign of CP. So including new ways for people to get stronger is going to be a no go, especially when it comes to percentages which they are also getting rid of.
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support the idea of more ranks, since im 3mill shy of GO and would like to feel some progression from that point. Instead of adding raw power, I would suggest something like double rewards from turning in quests, or 2X End of campaign rewards.
    Also pls something besides furnishing, for me it's useless. Add a skin or costume, or both for Legendary Hero rank. It would be super exclusive.

Edited by ku5h on March 18, 2019 8:22AM
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with adding more ranks, though the titles should give costume and/or skin and/or colour and/or mount beside furnishing and/or a buff/passive that aint combat related
    Edited by ErMurazor on March 18, 2019 8:51AM
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We GOs need incentives to keep playing our GOs
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it is fair.

You already get stuff like that, though, from the Assault and Support line. For example, the increased mag recovery for having Support skills slotted.

Additionally, getting to Undaunted 9 is way less time intensive than getting to Grand Overlord. If you said there should be stronger passive buffs in the Assault and Support line... you know what? Sure. You want to give Assault a Crit Resist buff for having Assault Skills slotted? Sure, why not? Max Stats for Each Assault/Support skill equipped? Could make sense. You want a buff that converts Aegis and Slayer buffs to function in relation to player damage and enemy players? Could be interesting, and niche.

Saying, "oh, hey, we need to buff the tiny fraction of PvPers who have already demonstrated they're good enough to stick it out and make it to Grand Overlord? No. Simply by function of how much time they've spent in Cyrodiil, they already have a huge advantage over green recruits.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL rank 50 not enough? you think its easy?
    PC EU

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like above AvA rank 50 progression.
    I would also like some changes and perks tied to AvA ranks.
    Each AvA rank should buff siege weapon damage by 1%
    Each AvA rank above AvA 50 should give +250 of all max stats
    Each AvA rank above AvA 40 should give 1% resource regen

Make fights against high AvA ranks more challenging and boost rewards for killing high ranked players a bit.
    Killing AvA 30+ should net 100 more alliance points per rank
    Killing AvA 50+ should give 5 minutes buff of +5% damage dealt to enemies

These are just suggestions, but I am sure many players would like to see something similar.
    Make PvP more interesting, make it spicy outside using one-hit-artefact-weapons.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plain and Simple....oh hell Naw!

the Grind to lvl 50 is already painstacking af....its over more than a year with 200k AP / day (which already is quite much)...adding even more Ranks for even more grind is just plain out stupid sry.

you seriously ask for the hardest Grind this game woud have ever seen...NO tyvm.

You cannot compare the Grind for Alliance Ranks with stuff like Undaunted passives, since you can get Undaunted Rank up to 9 within 1 Day of playing, if you know how and are good enough for it....
    Alliance Ranks have absoluutly nothing to do with skill (granted, many high rank pvpers are very skilled)... but its a pure Grind...and with enough time spent even a noob will get Grand Overlord some day, by just running arround in a zerg and healing ppl.
    Same is true for undaunted, you can get rank 10 by doin normal dailies jeah, but the Grind is somewhat balanced. vet HM nodeath speedruns all in one can boost you up way more than normal dailies can...but thats depending on skill.

in Cyro, while you can get quite a lot more AP when you're good its not really compareable to undaunted, since the Pool you have to fill up is way bigger, and the drops you can fill it are smaller.

so No to more Alliance Ranks, especially if they grant more combatstats....or they can add the same for PVE...If I have Griphonheart I deal 3% more DMG...imagine how this will spiral out of controll if someone has all achievement which grants Combat stats...he'll be OP af in PVP and in PVE.....and therefore force ppl to once again play content they dont wana play, to stay relevant in their prffered content.

PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unrelated to the specific suggestions given, I'm entirely behind the idea of there being more cosmetic rewards for getting to higher Alliance War ranks. I mean, how cool would it be if Grand Overlord opened the ability to buy a house based on the Cyrodiil keeps, or some kind of war camp as a house?
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pvp is already hard enough to balance and you want to make it even more unfair?

It already takes a long time to get grand overlord and now you want to give power buffs if you rank past 50? No thanks, and if they get emp on top of that, they're gonna be literal juggernauts

New pvp players are gonna get absolutely smoked and discourage them from pvping, your idea sounds perfect you want to decrease pvp interest

And you're already max rank, of course you're biased and want power as you grind past 50
    Edited by SoLooney on March 18, 2019 9:34AM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alliance rank means nothing as it is now. and it would mean nothing if you change it.
    many high rank players got GO from bleakers or roleplaying suicide at ressources.

no they should not get rewarded for this.
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those buffs are incredibly OP for just repairing walls
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I utterly disagree. For every normal player starting PVP, grand overlord looks like worlds away, and stacking 10 more ranks on top of it is just ***. Adding a bonus to it is even bigger ***. Not every grand overlord is a truly skilled player, but all of them have been playing long enough to have a decent grasp of the game, so they already are in advantage compared to many of the lower level alliance ranks.

I'm playing a Grand Overlord myself and showing off the title, so I'm a highly attractive target. Would hate the idea that its not my skill anymore that makes me win fights but some stupid buff that I earned only because I spent so many hours in PVP.