The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

More Alliance Ranks & greater rewards for Alliance War Veterans!

• LifeIsAGrave
    LifeIsAGrave
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the "Elder Scroll Stasis Platform" to be purchasable from the achievement vendor or something.
    Edited by LifeIsAGrave on April 15, 2019 12:29AM
    CHARACTER PROGRESS
    https://www.twitch.tv/lifeisagrave
    Xbox One GT: Life Is A Grave - 714,167GS /157/157 ESO XBOX Achievements
    Xbox EU: CP2485:
    S'riracha F'lah - DK DD/T/H- GMC - GO - EP (47,005 Ach. Pts./8,959Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - Ward DD/T/H - PVP14 - 9Trait - (45,245 Ach. Pts./768Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - Cro DD/T/H - PVP12 - 9Trait - (45,385 Ach. Pts./766Hrs)
    Divine Hammer - Temp DD/T/H PVP13 - 9Trait - (44,560 Ach. Pts./457Hrs)
    Gwydion Fidgen - Sorc -DD/T/H - PVP17 - 9Trait - (45,380 Ach. Pts./1,448Hrs)
    Astronomical Space Cat - NB DD/T/H - PVP10 - All 50s - (44,725Ach. Pts./267Hrs)
    Daily Random Normal/Transmute Farmers:
    Violet Fissure - Sorc XP/H - PVP17 - All 50s - EP (44,660 Ach. Pts./341Hrs)
    Azure Pearl - Sorc XP/H - PVP15 - All 50s - EP (44,910 Ach. Pts./530Hrs)
    Rhot'n G'orc - Cro XP/H - PVP9 - All 50's - EP (44,160 Ach. Pts./121Hrs)
    Aether Sands - Necro XP/H - PVP3 - All 50s - EP (43,940 Ach. Pts./71Hrs)
    Eridium Flux - Temp XP/H - PVP7 - All 0s - EP (44,110 Ach. Pts./81Hrs)
    No Small Feat (Tiny T.) - Ward XP/H - PVP 13 - All 50s - EP (44,335 Ach. Pts./292Hrs)
    Viridian Frost - H. Ward XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,620 Ach. Pts./443Hrs)
    Chorrol Radpants - DK XP/H - PVP11 - All 50s - EP (44,220 Ach. Pts./732Hrs)
    T'torielle - LVL20 - DK DD - PVP 0 - All 50s - EP (43,780 Ach. Pts./5 Hrs)
    Xbox NA: CP1239:
    S'riracha F'lah - LVL50 DK DD/T/H- All50s - PVP 2 - EP (19,665 Ach. Pts./300Hrs)
    And I Dig It - LVL50 Sorc - XP/H - PVP 14 - All50s - EP (19,345. Ach. Pts./227Hrs)
    Carpathian Ridge - LVL50 Temp - XP/H PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,185 Ach. Pts./63Hrs)
    Tythos Andromo - LVL 36 Cro XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1.5Hrs)
    Coral Galedriel - LVL48 Ward XP/H - PVP 2 - No Craft - EP (18,065 Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    Astronomical Space Cat - LVL38 NB XP/H - PVP 3 - No Craft - EP (18,065Ach. Pts./1Hr)
    PC:EU Server/ESO ID @LifeIsAGrave - CP281
    Dark Aether - Sorc - PVP3 - Craft All 50's - AD (157 Hrs)
    PSN/ESO ID @Zo177b13 - No Chars-tbd
    UPDATE: 26 Nov, 2022
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You realize this wont motivate the people turned off by faction lock to pvp right? the only thing which would do that is redesigning or reconsidering faction lock to begin with.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    50 is enough. It has to end somewhere.

Thanks for the feedback.
    I disagree, it was enough years ago, not anymore.
    Zo177b13 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the "Elder Scroll Stasis Platform" to be purchasable from the achievement vendor or something.

This could be a furnishing, maybe one day.
    dazee wrote: »
    You realize this wont motivate the people turned off by faction lock to pvp right? the only thing which would do that is redesigning or reconsidering faction lock to begin with.

Thank you for the feedback :)
    Faction lock is not the topic of this discussion.
    I believe that bringing back the faction lock is a great step to stop the faction swapping/treason.
    The ideas I presented in this discussion will motivate veteran players & newer players to participate more in the alliance war, regardless of the upcoming faction lock.
    Also, the upcoming faction lock is for 30 days duration campaigns only.
    Edited by Universe on April 16, 2019 3:17PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to reiterate, for those players who only play one or two characters (rare yes, but they do exist), or who only PvP with one or two characters, this continuation of achievements would be a great personal goal to strive for.

Perhaps giving more incentive to stay in the game and persevere. It’s one goal that kept me coming back for more... @ZOS_GinaBruno please give this some serious consideration ..
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Players: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Universe: These go to Legendary Hero
    Lethal zergling
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for better rewards. Even some costume/ motif that unlocks at the 10/20/30/40/50 ranks would be a super start.
    And when finaly maxed some increased rewards.. gotta keep those war heros on the battlefield right?
    But for me I don't really want/ need more ranks. Some 24/7 players will max that out in no time and one is stuck again.

So better increase the rewards for the existing stuff
    Edited by DemonDruaga on April 30, 2019 11:01PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delphinia wrote: »
    Just to reiterate, for those players who only play one or two characters (rare yes, but they do exist), or who only PvP with one or two characters, this continuation of achievements would be a great personal goal to strive for.

Perhaps giving more incentive to stay in the game and persevere. It’s one goal that kept me coming back for more... @ZOS_GinaBruno please give this some serious consideration ..

Thanks for the support :)
    Hopefully they will at least consider my suggestions.
    ESO Players: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?
    Universe: These go to Legendary Hero
    I'm all for better rewards. Even some costume/ motif that unlocks at the 10/20/30/40/50 ranks would be a super start.
    And when finaly maxed some increased rewards.. gotta keep those war heros on the battlefield right?
    But for me I don't really want/ need more ranks. Some 24/7 players will max that out in no time and one is stuck again.

So better increase the rewards for the existing stuff

Thanks for the feedback :)
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What they need to do is a PvP progression system resetting every new DLC / Chapter. Something similar to what WoW does with PvP seasons and new sets of gear every 5-6months. You introduce a different bracket of battlegrounds with a ranking system and make people earn "tokens" or any points system every week. The better their ranking is, the more points they get and the faster they can purchase the new season pvp sets from the quarter master.

It does not have to be gear sets but it has to be something unique to fight for and that change every new DLC to keep the competition and excitement going. With the so poor conditions of Cyrodiil, I believe that spending resources in smaller instances of PVP with match making and a certain sense of rewards that change every DLC could go a long way.
    Edited by frozywozy on May 7, 2019 3:21PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Nice article, well put together and I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.

My problem with PVP is to achieve these high ranks and rewards, one simply needs to be in PVP and collect AP. Not hard, nor challenging.

I like your idea, but why not put some skill to it. Like for example -

Commander Achievement or Rank - Lead a 12 man group, succesfully capture X amount of objectives with this group. Set time limit to complete the objectives.

Forward Observer Achievement or Rank - Scout and Operate within Enemy territory. Conduct stealth operations and sabotage resources or Keeps to allow easier siege for the Alliance.

Siege Commander - Repair X amount of siege, lose X amount of Siege in Combat, Cause X amount of damage with Siege on EN Keeps or players etc.

I would love the Support line revamped or another skill line, Siege Master Skill Line, Passives to promote faster repairs, siege that can fire faster, deliver more damage and the ability to SAP walls (Dig to break them down from underneath). Field Siege, rapid construction and coordinated Artillery with ground forces fighting.

Albiet, there is a lot of variables here, but Cyrodiil needs more skillful play, not time spent gather AP. Its a lazy way for Zenimax to promote people by simply gathering enough AP.

Love any idea to promote Alliance War in Cyrodiil.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

51, 52 Lag

53, 54 Master of Lag

55, 56 Grand Master of Lag

This will give you 6 more ranks
    Edited by Durham on May 11, 2019 2:43AM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    What they need to do is a PvP progression system resetting every new DLC / Chapter. Something similar to what WoW does with PvP seasons and new sets of gear every 5-6months. You introduce a different bracket of battlegrounds with a ranking system and make people earn "tokens" or any points system every week. The better their ranking is, the more points they get and the faster they can purchase the new season pvp sets from the quarter master.

It does not have to be gear sets but it has to be something unique to fight for and that change every new DLC to keep the competition and excitement going. With the so poor conditions of Cyrodiil, I believe that spending resources in smaller instances of PVP with match making and a certain sense of rewards that change every DLC could go a long way.

Thanks for sharing this input :)
    It could be interesting, but a complete reset may be a bit too much.
    Nice article, well put together and I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this.

My problem with PVP is to achieve these high ranks and rewards, one simply needs to be in PVP and collect AP. Not hard, nor challenging.

I like your idea, but why not put some skill to it. Like for example -

Commander Achievement or Rank - Lead a 12 man group, succesfully capture X amount of objectives with this group. Set time limit to complete the objectives.

Forward Observer Achievement or Rank - Scout and Operate within Enemy territory. Conduct stealth operations and sabotage resources or Keeps to allow easier siege for the Alliance.

Siege Commander - Repair X amount of siege, lose X amount of Siege in Combat, Cause X amount of damage with Siege on EN Keeps or players etc.

I would love the Support line revamped or another skill line, Siege Master Skill Line, Passives to promote faster repairs, siege that can fire faster, deliver more damage and the ability to SAP walls (Dig to break them down from underneath). Field Siege, rapid construction and coordinated Artillery with ground forces fighting.

Albiet, there is a lot of variables here, but Cyrodiil needs more skillful play, not time spent gather AP. Its a lazy way for Zenimax to promote people by simply gathering enough AP.

Love any idea to promote Alliance War in Cyrodiil.

Thanks for the feedback :)
    What you suggest is nice.
    It could be an addition to my original idea.
    The classic progression system can still be AP based and other type/s of progression system/s can be based on new ideas.
    Durham wrote: »
    51, 52 Lag

53, 54 Master of Lag

55, 56 Grand Master of Lag

This will give you 6 more ranks

LOL :)
    Rank 57/58 - Loading Screen
    Rank 59/60 - Legendary Loading Screen
  • synnerman
    synnerman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I aggree there should be more ranks as those who have max rank need more incentive. I don't have max rank because unfortunately I play 4 different (sometimes more) chars in pvp.
    The thing I would love to see are better rewards for PvP in particular some of the weapons and gear not available to us if we don't PvE. These should not be able to be aquired easily though and should take a similar amount of time spent as say 60 runs of DsA or VMA etc.
    I don't PvE very much so I am not good enough/confident enough to go into DsA and try to get the inferno staff that undoubtedly gives an advantage in PVP that I need etc and would like to have these available for my copius amount of time spent in PVP ( maybe they could be a reward for reaching a certain Rank or grant a token that people could cash in to a Rank reward vendor etc)
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you get to General or above, it's more than just being in PvP. You have to participate in more takes and fights and defending of keeps, if the current title is going to change in a decent amount of time. Currently, I up one title every month. Grand Overlord needs to take a side-step and allow for more ranks, and more specific ranks to players. I'm seeing way too many GO's, and we need to progress.

Example of specific ranks/titles?

Allow for class-based ranks who obtain a certain amount of AP with that particular class. It actually would be informative for players, and rewarding for the user as well. NBs, DKs, Sorcs, etc., would have their own ranking titles, available to be displayed below their general ranking. It would also be available to be turned ON/OFF in settings or in the title assignment area.