Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

SHARE IT WHEREVER YOU CAN!

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »
    Another one that really believes the devs have real passion for this game, and some evil „suit“ is the reason they can‘t even get simple QOL changes done. Sure, maybe this isn‘t in their work schedule, as it is tight knit to pump out all the cash grab content - but it‘s still their own choice. Believe in common sense: No business owner would ever deny any employee to put in extra effort to improve the product. Most people on this forum simply prefer to demonize an unidentified higher up, because it is cooler to sympathize with the devs that display manchild profanity on their live streams.

I worked in several top IT companies with brightest trademarks and slogans, you will be surprised by it is persecuted if you do something to customer for free which otherwise can be sold or if you spend time on something useful to customer but useless from term of profit.

I never worked for any top IT companies.

You truly think they want to monetize bug fixes? Lol.
    And how is improving the service non contributional to profit? There are weekly „I‘m quitting“ posts, because of problems that persisted for years and have been falsely promised to be fixed.

For every quitter there are 10 furries and their significant other signing up hyped about Khajiit land.
    driosketch wrote: »
    TL/DW: Lag is a problem. Followed by 10 minutes of talking about how business side is too focused on making money over fixing performance, and that this will hurt long term perception of an otherwise great game and developers.

Thanks I wasn’t about to watch a 10 min pvp video.
    Edited by max_only on March 14, 2019 12:10AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another one that really believes the devs have real passion for this game, and some evil „suit“ is the reason they can‘t even get simple QOL changes done. Sure, maybe this isn‘t in their work schedule, as it is tight knit to pump out all the cash grab content - but it‘s still their own choice. Believe in common sense: No business owner would ever deny any employee to put in extra effort to improve the product. Most people on this forum simply prefer to demonize an unidentified higher up, because it is cooler to sympathize with the devs that display manchild profanity on their live streams.

I worked in several top IT companies with brightest trademarks and slogans, you will be surprised by it is persecuted if you do something to customer for free which otherwise can be sold or if you spend time on something useful to customer but useless from term of profit.

I never worked for any top IT companies.

You truly think they want to monetize bug fixes? Lol.
    And how is improving the service non contributional to profit? There are weekly „I‘m quitting“ posts, because of problems that persisted for years and have been falsely promised to be fixed.

Fixing of bugs requires time and resources. And yes, it's on schedule but simply with lower priority. QA department may be busy preparing Elsweyr for release and old bugs is secondary priority, that's all. If people will cry a lot about some bug then it will be prioritized and fixed.. if "bug" is floating issue depending on system perfomance and which happens only in small percent of cases.. it will be ping-ponged eternally between internal departments.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »
    I don't watch vids either....

If someone wants to get the message across they'll have to write it out.

Sorry. Mobile, my data ain't infinite.

Besides, this is a discussion board, not a video library. I go to Youtube if I want that.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Won’t matter since the whales will still spend thousands on crownstore and they’re the reason this game is being ruined. Those who don’t experience any end game, just log in spend spend spend. Role players mostly. Not bashing it’s just a complete fact. This group of the game doesn’t see the performance issues therefore will not bother to let up on spending money.

Too generalised. There are plenty of players not in any endgame content who don't spend spend spend. They just don't moan moan moan either.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

I have mobile with infinite data, sorry for you that your service provider sucks, hope some day free data will be available everywhere. :)

I suppose that was a shallow excuse and you saw right through it ...

... Truth is I just couldn't be bothered and I wanted someone to summarize it for me.

I understand if you don't want to be friends.

*Runs away crying*
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the end game PVPers agree with this video. I do.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only 2 things get devs to respond in a timely manner:

exploits
    or
    $$$

pick your weapon gamers
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Won’t matter since the whales will still spend thousands on crownstore and they’re the reason this game is being ruined. Those who don’t experience any end game, just log in spend spend spend. Role players mostly. Not bashing it’s just a complete fact. This group of the game doesn’t see the performance issues therefore will not bother to let up on spending money.

You do realize whales and RPers are two completely different things, right? Sure, RPers can be whales, but blanket stating that 'mostly RPers' are ruining the game by dropping obscene amounts of money in the CS? Uh, no. I've RPed for about 4-ish years in this game and 90% of the people I've interacted with can't afford to drop a lot of money in the CS. I know this from the simple fact that a lot of them have expressed wanting one or two things from the Store like maybe a house, but they can't give up 50 or 100 bucks irl to get the Crowns for it.

So yeah, not a 'complete fact', sorry.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • BahometZ
    BahometZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anybody really want to argue that ZOS prioritise performance?

If they were a car company, they'd be in oblivion right now.
    Pact Magplar - Max CP (NA XB)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its funny because tonight while I was running, just taking a flag and trying to hit guards, abilities were not going off and I was like "why am I playing this game?" And its because I like what it has to offer, if only it worked. I knew the answer.

I am sitting here watching this video and thinking about how I love Anthems combat and world, but they cut things very short and clearly pushed out a grinder of a cash grab. And I was thinking about how Nintendo seems to be the only place left where the games are quality, right when EP Templar then brought it up.

The industry has sold out.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, if its not money making put on the shelf, wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    back in there.
    Now, if it will make a lot of money, put it out now on the front shelf, with ribbon and glitters.
  • KoultouraS
    KoultouraS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are soooo many threads like this one, yet not a single action towards betterment of the issues at hand.
    Just accept this game is broken, just accept this game is not going to make it through the next couple of years unless some
    serious fixing is involved and just bare in mind that there are alot of new MMOs coming out shortly that given the fact they are not being developed by amateurs of the MMOs spectrum maybe and probably will deliver a way better experience this game will ever do , even if fixed.

I did the wrong thing to invest money into crowns for dlcs while crowns were on sale, and I am here up until those
    bought crowns run depleted.
    Then its "Good riddance Eso"...
    Edited by KoultouraS on March 14, 2019 9:21AM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Azura... It's like that time Angry Joe made a video, or that time Deltia made a video, and that time Fengrush made a video and that...

So we all spam the forums with the same video expecting changes because one person made a video on issues, then nothing happens and we all go back to normal again.

Don't get me wrong, all the mentioned videos and even this one will have valid points, but spamming the forums with a video and thinking things will change has been proven not to work numerous times.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

You do realize whales and RPers are two completely different things, right? Sure, RPers can be whales, but blanket stating that 'mostly RPers' are ruining the game by dropping obscene amounts of money in the CS? Uh, no. I've RPed for about 4-ish years in this game and 90% of the people I've interacted with can't afford to drop a lot of money in the CS. I know this from the simple fact that a lot of them have expressed wanting one or two things from the Store like maybe a house, but they can't give up 50 or 100 bucks irl to get the Crowns for it.

So yeah, not a 'complete fact', sorry.

I also rp and can't afford to spend a whole lot on eso. mostly if I spend money on eso it's eso plus/dlc/chapter and a few cosmetics but I don't even like alot of them so i don't buy.
    Also on the thing about RPers, even if we like to spend alot of our time rping and dont grind for The Best gear and dont do everything on vet, Most rpers like to atleast play the content for the lore. atleast myself and the ones I have met. Just bc someone DOES spend tons of money (if they do, have met plenty of people who buy expensive houses and furnish them with just buying from crown store etc) that doesn't mean they don't 'experience any end game' most people that are gonna just spend alot of money on a game are doing it bc they are invested in the game and play it alot.

IMO I don't think the crown store is ruining ESO. And the whole thing in the vid about them reskinning a horse and tossing it in crown store instead of fixing issues is pretty inaccurate. those are totally different departments most likely with different budgets. and I highly doubt reskinning a horse (for someone qualified for the job ofc) is going to take as long as fixing bugs/performance which takes finding the issue and trying fixes which may or may not even work and possibly countless hours of trial and error. Selling a reskin of a horse though probably is going to generate more profit for the company where a % of it can go towards fixing those issues with the game. As well as of course paying their workers and other departments. Plus since they have started doing more crown store things I think alot of the content has really improved alot in quality. IMO.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »

I have mobile with infinite data, sorry for you that your service provider sucks, hope some day free data will be available everywhere. :)

I suppose that was a shallow excuse and you saw right through it ...

... Truth is I just couldn't be bothered and I wanted someone to summarize it for me.

I understand if you don't want to be friends.

*Runs away crying*

That would be truly awesome ;) I started watching, saw PvP stuff that made no sense to me visually, heard someone not get to the point, fast forwarded, heard no point, then gave up. *shrug*

I miss the days of the swift written summary. You read it, you grok it, it takes 30 seconds, you're done. Ten minutes is too long to spend on something I'm not sure I should care about. :D

I'll just say this: if you don't have a revenue source, you're sure not going to have any money to make improvements. Business 101.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TL/DW: Lag is a problem. Followed by 10 minutes of talking about how business side is too focused on making money over fixing performance, and that this will hurt long term perception of an otherwise great game and developers.

Thank you!!! <3
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RXLDodV.gif