The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

SHARE IT WHEREVER YOU CAN!

ChefZero
ChefZero
✭✭✭✭
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/PivbmaAwVqs

Here you go I shared it on the ESO forums
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad people have opinions but none of this is going to matter if people aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    I'm glad people have opinions but none of this is going to matter if people aren't willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Cant describe it better.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While agree that performance and player experience should be top priority,

The people that do mount reskins do not work on server/game performance. That is a whole other team of people.

The crown store isn't going anywhere

They should take some of those windfall profits and reinvest part of it into game performance.

The database change they made a couple of weeks ago did make an improvement at least for me and many others. Is the job done? Not at all but it's a step in the right direction

Edited by Katahdin on March 13, 2019 7:44PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Won’t matter since the whales will still spend thousands on crownstore and they’re the reason this game is being ruined. Those who don’t experience any end game, just log in spend spend spend. Role players mostly. Not bashing it’s just a complete fact. This group of the game doesn’t see the performance issues therefore will not bother to let up on spending money.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who told you PVP is an endgame?
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP hasn't been the endgame since the addition of Craglorn and its trials.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Won’t matter since the whales will still spend thousands on crownstore and they’re the reason this game is being ruined. Those who don’t experience any end game, just log in spend spend spend. Role players mostly. Not bashing it’s just a complete fact. This group of the game doesn’t see the performance issues therefore will not bother to let up on spending money.

Which in fact is going to keep this game alive MUCH longer than PvP performance upgrades. Any business is going to cater to the part of the consumer base that will net them the most profit. It's all about return on investment.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes we have bad lagg and bad ping, but eso is alot of fun.
    please stop spamming this video all over the forums in new threads, its very annoying.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless this is a new nixxiom video I refuse to click.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sigh.... Reported for spam here too. Won't even bother saying anything else, just "stick to one post, please?".
  • mrfrontman
    mrfrontman
    ✭✭✭✭
    You want me to watch a 10 minute video to figure out why you're asking us to "SHARE IT WHEREVER YOU CAN!"????

Boy you must be out your f- mind! Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't watch vids either....

If someone wants to get the message across they'll have to write it out.

Sorry. Mobile, my data ain't infinite.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zacuel wrote: »

I have mobile with infinite data, sorry for you that your service provider sucks, hope some day free data will be available everywhere. :)
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayman1000 wrote: »
    Zacuel wrote: »

I have mobile with infinite data, sorry for you that your service provider sucks, hope some day free data will be available everywhere. :)

May the overlords of carriers and ISPs listen to our prayers, brother.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    TL/DW: Lag is a problem. Followed by 10 minutes of talking about how business side is too focused on making money over fixing performance, and that this will hurt long term perception of an otherwise great game and developers.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP hasn't been the endgame since the addition of Craglorn and its trials.

Huh??
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    some mixed feelings about this.

I think this is a touch dramatic. Before i get called a white knight, there are few players who have criticized zos more that me. Zos aint going anywhere, they are more than fine. As for the devs vs zenimax media (parent company of zos) there each share blame. There is not a doubt in my mine zeni media is putting alot of pressure on the devs and that their hands are probably tied quiet a bit. The 4 quarters scheduled for content is not a great thing and im sure zm is forcing that on them. For most things I think zos is doing well and are actually trying. End game is ok, its not as bad as the video makes it out to be. If you just looked at pvp alone, its a pretty frustrating mess between the performance and how combat has just gotten really boring over the last year or so. I mean everyone hates on proc sets for requiring no skill but id rather deal with proc sets than the current heavy armor, fights take forever, meta we have now. Endgame pve is ok, lack of diversity with how you can set things up is alittle frustrating. Dungeon finder is frustrating, i dont know if you want to consider that end game. Over all it is kinda weak and isnt up to par with getting to endgame.

As for the part about them not mentioning performance during the live stream. Obviously theyre not going to. That entire thing for elswyre was a sales pitch.... Were lucky they mentioned it at all honestly. A forum post would have done the job. Also im not saying it being a sales pitch was a bad thing. It looked good, was entertaining and got players excited. Dont expect a review of what there need to fix in the next year during something thats suppose to be hype
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

I think this is a touch dramatic. Before i get called a white knight, there are few players who have criticized zos more that me. Zos aint going anywhere, they are more than fine. As for the devs vs zenimax media (parent company of zos) there each share blame. There is not a doubt in my mine zeni media is putting alot of pressure on the devs and that their hands are probably tied quiet a bit. The 4 quarters scheduled for content is not a great thing and im sure zm is forcing that on them. For most things I think zos is doing well and are actually trying. End game is ok, its not as bad as the video makes it out to be. If you just looked at pvp alone, its a pretty frustrating mess between the performance and how combat has just gotten really boring over the last year or so. I mean everyone hates on proc sets for requiring no skill but id rather deal with proc sets than the current heavy armor, fights take forever, meta we have now. Endgame pve is ok, lack of diversity with how you can set things up is alittle frustrating. Dungeon finder is frustrating, i dont know if you want to consider that end game. Over all it is kinda weak and isnt up to par with getting to endgame.

As for the part about them not mentioning performance during the live stream. Obviously theyre not going to. That entire thing for elswyre was a sales pitch.... Were lucky they mentioned it at all honestly. A forum post would have done the job. Also im not saying it being a sales pitch was a bad thing. It looked good, was entertaining and got players excited. Dont expect a review of what there need to fix in the next year during something thats suppose to be hype

I agree - and rest assured, I seriously doubt anyone here would call YOU a white knight. >:)
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bruh
    Anyone with a brain should know it by now this kind of videos are made for views
    And ANY youtube content creators who like drama are not worth watching
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought people worked for money, lots of sweet crown crate money :|

How else are they going to buy more bike riders for the servers.
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another one that really believes the devs have real passion for this game, and some evil „suit“ is the reason they can‘t even get simple QOL changes done. Sure, maybe this isn‘t in their work schedule, as it is tight knit to pump out all the cash grab content - but it‘s still their own choice. Believe in common sense: No business owner would ever deny any employee to put in extra effort to improve the product. Most people on this forum simply prefer to demonize an unidentified higher up, because it is cooler to sympathize with the devs that display manchild profanity on their live streams.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

I agree - and rest assured, I seriously doubt anyone here would call YOU a white knight. >:)

oh good, imma go somewhere else and rant about shields and sorc

*shakes fist like old man* you hooligans fix my shields
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why share that when you can share this?

https://youtu.be/Vc2Nhxs_5eY

I love this game, but it’s getting harder and harder to justify spending money on it when the game can’t even handle a 12 man battleground.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TL/DW: Lag is a problem. Followed by 10 minutes of talking about how business side is too focused on making money over fixing performance, and that this will hurt long term perception of an otherwise great game and developers.

Basically EA bias right? If the game has problems then the devs must only care about makin money right?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »
    Another one that really believes the devs have real passion for this game, and some evil „suit“ is the reason they can‘t even get simple QOL changes done. Sure, maybe this isn‘t in their work schedule, as it is tight knit to pump out all the cash grab content - but it‘s still their own choice. Believe in common sense: No business owner would ever deny any employee to put in extra effort to improve the product. Most people on this forum simply prefer to demonize an unidentified higher up, because it is cooler to sympathize with the devs that display manchild profanity on their live streams.

I worked in several top IT companies with brightest trademarks and slogans, you will be surprised by it is persecuted if you do something to customer for free which otherwise can be sold or if you spend time on something useful to customer but useless from term of profit.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Basically EA bias right? If the game has problems then the devs must only care about makin money right?

Pretty much, right down to "this highly successful money marker business model you have going on will burst any time now when people stop buying your future games." I'll believe it when I see that happen.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Rukzadlithau
    Rukzadlithau
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buzo wrote: »

I worked in several top IT companies with brightest trademarks and slogans, you will be surprised by it is persecuted if you do something to customer for free which otherwise can be sold or if you spend time on something useful to customer but useless from term of profit.

I never worked for any top IT companies.

You truly think they want to monetize bug fixes? Lol.
    And how is improving the service non contributional to profit? There are weekly „I‘m quitting“ posts, because of problems that persisted for years and have been falsely promised to be fixed.