Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PvP in Vivec is working AWESOME: Behold the age of siege

• Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And we are back to the usual zerg/brute force gameplay once again...
    Is sad that they reverted someting that potentially could bring back players to the pvp (Tactics instead of pure numbers).
    Signature

• IzzyStardust
    IzzyStardust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankimus wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    This game has come to a place where people are happy to kill someone who would largly outmatch them skill-wise just becouse of a broken mechanic as siege

Sad.

You'll get over it as soon as you have something else to troll. If I can kill you with a siege weapon you might want to reconsider your claim to skill.

Damn straight!
    (Knocked back down now so)
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Is sad that they reverted someting that potentially could bring back players to the pvp (Tactics instead of pure numbers).

For groups in the 8-16 range that were trying to take keeps, I am in a group of this size, it was near impossible. The countersiege basically slowed the take down to a turtle letting entire factions stack keeps/outposts. And if you did manage to get inside there was only 1 or 2 coldfire on the back flag with more up top. How is this more fun than actually tactically using group mechanics and timing/layering ults to take similar size groups down?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol yup. First fight in the bug fix and EP zerged FD bleaks. Then chased any solo player till they died.

Lag was starting to be choppy at 9am with only 2 bars across factions.

I'll file this under "changes made with elitist intentions that impact fluidity of combat" like locking IC under "competitive" flags/Rez lock, cyro changes that push players to grouping up, etc.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Lol yup. First fight in the bug fix and EP zerged FD bleaks. Then chased any solo player till they died.

I'll file this under "changes made with elitist intentions that impact fluidity of combat" like locking IC under "competitive" flags/Rez lock, cyro changes that push players to grouping up, etc.

It had been pleasant to play Vivec the last week or so, but I won't be able to anymore if today was anything to go by.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elong wrote: »

It had been pleasant to play Vivec the last week or so, but I won't be able to anymore if today was anything to go by.

Yup. We have tasted the forbidden lagless/zergless fruit
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're back to the old game of throw people at a keep until the enemy can't use skills and disconnects.

Warden ball groups have gone back to troll-level unkillable without ridiculous numbers.

Time to head back to nocp?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    We're back to the old game of throw people at a keep until the enemy can't use skills and disconnects.

Warden ball groups have gone back to troll-level unkillable without ridiculous numbers.

Yup. They should delete cyro at this point turn it intoa pve zone lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im sorry to bring you this bad news but it is as bad in no CP campaign. Train groups just destroy everything on their path. Even if you tab target one squishy player and use best combos with ultimates, they are still immune to everything. And they even dare to call that "skill". There is no skill in stacking and spamming aoe attacks while 4 healers keep you immune to any and all damage.
    When sieges were good they havent dared to play that cancerous way. We had multiple small scale battles between several players. Now it's just boring "chase the ball group".
    I think Im gonna return to BG. Although there also everyone has to be stacked up.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so excited to get home finally having the bar lock issue resolved (fingers crossed its true) only to find out I had that bug during the time where lag was not as bad. I saw it a few times before getting frustrated with the bar swap bug and I liked it. Was hoping for just a slight reduction rather than a full reversal.

And yes; I am a templar but I often was locked on 1 bar or the other. My offense bar and higher damage bar generally had my heal, while my cleanse was on the other bar so I could bar swap cancel yet being with either one or the other and never both often, I was not struggling. Just had to watch where I was going.
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

For groups in the 8-16 range that were trying to take keeps, I am in a group of this size, it was near impossible. The countersiege basically slowed the take down to a turtle letting entire factions stack keeps/outposts. And if you did manage to get inside there was only 1 or 2 coldfire on the back flag with more up top. How is this more fun than actually tactically using group mechanics and timing/layering ults to take similar size groups down?

I play solo in this game, when i see a group i avoid them because usually they focus you with a little too much pressure (i'm not a top tier player).
    Douring the bugweek i had so many fun fights with small 2-3 people groups that was like heaven for a player like me, almost zero lag.
    I joined even a couple of sieges and it was fun to sneak in the back of the keep with two or tree others randoms putting down some oils and defending the position. i've done almost 1 million ap spread to tree characters (only tower defence and 1vX, not a single ballista have been placed by me) playng two hours a day... you know it was rewarding.
    Signature

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Adapt improve overcome.
    From a solo or small scale POV, the idea of pulling a Cold Fire siege out of your pocket and blowing up 10 players far away from an objective isn't a good one.

Have you ever seen that actually happening? PvP people have already adapted and learned new skill that PvE players learned ages ago - roll dodge from the red circle. The farther your target the more time people have to evade your balista shots. In all of my gameplay I have managed to kill maybe four players with a siege engine. But thanks to the elimination of stacked ball/zerg groups I have managed to rack over 100 kills on the weekend. And all of those kills were done with combos because all players became vulnerable to other players standard attacks. Before the siege buff people were just stacking and invincible while several dedicated healers were spamming aoe heals. It wasn't fun, especially since it was detrimental to game performance.

I'll give you that, people playing in groups positioning their healers strategically covering the whole siege line while efficiently using siege shields should not be able to survive against siegers spamming one button with one hand while eating doritos with the other. I'm all up for counters but siege shield and healing/purging shouldn't be one.
    Edited by frozywozy on March 5, 2019 12:41PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll throw out this comparison again. If a decent First Person Shooter clan collectively went to an FPS public server and played a GvRandoms, it would suck for everyone. This happens for lulz and all it does is clear out the servers.

It wouldn't be that the FPS clan wasn't entitled to win because they worked hard to have effective strategies and skills to obliterate their opponents, it's that it would be a pathetically easy win that shouldn't be entertaining to anyone. If that clan could fight 5x their numbers, it still wouldn't be entertaining for the randoms to be slaughtered.

You can say the same about any sport. Most players say the same about ESO BG Premades vs randoms. If you're casual at any game, you probably don't want to fight the hardcore enthusiasts.

There aren't many competitive platforms that don't have a goal of segmenting players on their interest level, and for good reason. This has been a key practical failure of ESO AvA from the start.

It's not about protecting or coddling players, it's about right-sizing fights so players of all types can have an enjoyable experience with what is just a passtime.

If AvA was more popular, maybe this could correct itself. When the EP multiguild pain train completely ruined PC/NA Thornblade in 1.5, we had other campaigns to go to. The option now is to log off.

It would be interesting to see how many of these pug stompers would still play if they had to face equal competition every single night and lose as often as they win.

Every guild probably thinks I'm referring to them, but that's not the case. There's only a few guilds left on PC/NA that I'd put into this category in terms of ability and maybe fewer who I think are disruptive.

The general idea is that if you play in a public environment like a park or public server in a computer game, you should show some restraint if you outclass your opposition. Even in the pros, there's a general ethic that teams shouldn't run up scores.
    Edited by zyk on March 5, 2019 8:14PM
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll throw this comparison out again. If a decent First Person Shooter clan collectively went to an FPS public server and played a GvRandoms, it would suck for everyone. This happens for lulz and all it does is clear out the servers.

It wouldn't be that the FPS clan wasn't entitled to win because they worked hard to have effective strategies and skills to obliterate their opponents, it's that it would be a pathetically easy win that shouldn't be entertaining to anyone. If that can could fight 5x their numbers, it still wouldn't be entertaining for the randoms to be slaughtered.

You can say the same about any sport. Most players say the same about ESO BG Premades vs randoms. If you're casual at any game, you probably don't want to fight the hardcore enthusiasts.

There aren't many competitive platforms that don't have the goal of segmenting players on their interest level, and for good reason. This has been a key practical failure of ESO AvA from the start.

It's not about protecting or coddling players, it's about right-sizing fights so players of all types can have an enjoyable experience with what is just a passtime.

If AvA was more popular, maybe this could correct itself. When the EP multiguild pain train completely ruined Thornblade in 1.5, we had other campaigns to go to. The option now is to log off.

It would be interesting to see how many of these pug stompers would still play if they had to face equal competition every single night and lose as often as they win.

It's a good point. I can only talk for my guild in that while we like mowing down PUGS if they are stupid enough to stand in our way but what we usually look for and what we really want are guild groups to fight against. That is our real end game.

As for multi guild groups, we get that on EU Vivec with DC. It's laughable but if you can do it in the game, someone is going to enjoy it. Like life really. Horses for courses.... One man's meat is another man's poison... Different folks for different strokes and all that. :smiling_imp:

@Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    I'll throw this comparison out again. If a decent First Person Shooter clan collectively went to an FPS public server and played a GvRandoms, it would suck for everyone. This happens for lulz and all it does is clear out the servers.

It wouldn't be that the FPS clan wasn't entitled to win because they worked hard to have effective strategies and skills to obliterate their opponents, it's that it would be a pathetically easy win that shouldn't be entertaining to anyone. If that can could fight 5x their numbers, it still wouldn't be entertaining for the randoms to be slaughtered.

There aren't many competitive platforms that don't have the goal of segmenting players on their interest level, and for good reason. This has been a key practical failure of ESO AvA from the start.

If AvA was more popular, maybe this could correct itself. When the EP multiguild pain train completely ruined Thornblade in 1.5, we had other campaigns to go to. The option now is to log off.

It's a good point. I can only talk for my guild in that while we like mowing down PUGS if they are stupid enough to stand in our way but what we usually look for and what we really want are guild groups to fight against. That is our real end game.

As for multi guild groups, we get that on EU Vivec with DC. It's laughable but if you can do it in the game, someone is going to enjoy it. Like life really. Horses for courses.... One man's meat is another man's poison... Different folks for different strokes and all that. :smiling_imp:

I posted this in another thread..
    I have a question for you. What's the point of being in a PvP guild?

What did they get besides keep traders and heraldry? PvP guilds are the backbone of a healthy PvP community but they suffer since release. It's a good example how neglected AvA is. No ladder boards, no prestige, no reputation, no rewards...

We got classreps. But where are the meetings between PvP devs and leaders of popular PvP guilds like in other MMOs?

Sadly I don't have any good suggestions to fix it. Cyrodiil was designed very short sighted and now it's nearly impossible to do something meaningful with those house made problems. Rewarding PvP guilds is very difficult to implement because of multi guild system, guilds not locked to factions, people can hop between campaigns, etc. Big abusable potential.

I'm playing on-off since head start and IMO Cyrodiil is no real AvA map. It's more like a big playground for sandbox PvP but without a great meaning. ZOS has added and will add just some content but I can't imagin that they will rework something.
    PC EU - DC only
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm naive enough to believe that Wheeler can reinvent Cyrodiil while the numbers are low.

It's the same thing over and over. The map still is not interactable.

-Id get rid of rapid and make roads the fastest mode of travel.

-Id make siege deploy and rotate at a 50% slower rate when not by keeps. But they'd hit like like they're supposed to.

-Id put in a Major/Minor attack speed to people would have a choice other than Attack Power.

-Id make the map based off of actual resources that players would have to collect on the map.

-AoEs/Walls on the ground would not be blockable, dodgeable but AoEs that follow the player would be. In addition AoEs that follow players would get bonus damage per player hit.

-Single target would hit harder than AoEs and ground effects.

-Execute damage would be scaled down further but the bonus damage would be increased to around 1k%, there would be no undodgeable executes.

Steel Tornado would get reworked unto a lunging cleave with a 270% arc.

-The waygates would be in a constant state of War and Decay.

-The point system would get reworked so players can lose position, get knocked off leader boards. Lower ranking players would not be worth anything to higher ranks. K/D/A/Caps/Heals (self, others, total) would be displayed

-There would be a point system for guilds, based off of chosen faction. Collective total points earned.

-Cyrodiil exclusive one piece weapons and 2 piece helm/shoulder sets.

That's just really off the top of my head. Cyrodiil is only lost if the team gives up on it.

• Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭

Im sorry to bring you this bad news but it is as bad in no CP campaign. Train groups just destroy everything on their path. Even if you tab target one squishy player and use best combos with ultimates, they are still immune to everything. And they even dare to call that "skill". There is no skill in stacking and spamming aoe attacks while 4 healers keep you immune to any and all damage.
    When sieges were good they havent dared to play that cancerous way. We had multiple small scale battles between several players. Now it's just boring "chase the ball group".
    I think Im gonna return to BG. Although there also everyone has to be stacked up.

The folks who put the raid together and lead it have skill. Utilizing pugs and manifesting soft power in game takes skill. Maintaining and developing an organization that can adapt and sustain takes consummate skill. Without those skill players, the PUGs you are complaining about spamming skills would be yours for the taking. It is appropriate that it is possible for a blithering noob to compete with you in the field with good leadership, prolly not good for him to be invincible though... The siege was a move in the right direction, anything to untankify large groups a bit, at least forcing them to be more mobile and encouraging granular tactical flexibility makes the game more fun for everyone.
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Former GM of Dominion Imperial Guard
    Current GM Shi No Dojo
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC is stacking 2 raids now. The problem with this is as the numbers increase the amount of healing springs that can be dropped on the ground increases. This in turn lets you stand under oils and twiddle your thumbs waiting for the door to explode. Everyone who plays cyrodill enough knows this. You only need 6 on a ram and two raids can easily keep 20 healing springs rings on the ram. IMO oils should purge ground based effects like healing springs and make it a no cast zone for ground effects. To defend an inner door against ram I conjecture you need 4 oils plus meatbags on the outer walls perpendicular to the porch. It's maybe better to have 2 people inner on 4 oils and everyone else on the outer walls kiting and meatbagging the porch. People like to stack the inner rampart and light attack the porch for w/e reason. Vigor might be the new big thing if that happens but you at least have to be in proximity to connect and are subject to getting oiled.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is back hard.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe I'm naive enough to believe that Wheeler can reinvent Cyrodiil while the numbers are low.

-Id make siege deploy and rotate at a 50% slower rate when not by keeps. But they'd hit like like they're supposed to.

-Id put in a Major/Minor attack speed to people would have a choice other than Attack Power.

-Id make the map based off of actual resources that players would have to collect on the map.

-AoEs/Walls on the ground would not be blockable, dodgeable but AoEs that follow the player would be. In addition AoEs that follow players would get bonus damage per player hit.

-Execute damage would be scaled down further but the bonus damage would be increased to around 1k%, there would be no undodgeable executes.

-The point system would get reworked so players can lose position, get knocked off leader boards. Lower ranking players would not be worth anything to higher ranks. K/D/A/Caps/Heals (self, others, total) would be displayed

-There would be a point system for guilds, based off of chosen faction. Collective total points earned.

That's just really off the top of my head. Cyrodiil is only lost if the team gives up on it.

I wish I had your optimism. I'll eat my hat if Wheeler actually pulls out a decent way of reviving Cyrodiil, but until then I'll probably just go back to logging in for the daily reward until Necromancer hits.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes a minute to port from point a to b. Fighting in keeps results in instant cast skills half casting over and over. Siege is busy. Gap closers don't close. Overall very boring and pushes me towards <50 battlegrounds. I don't have a clue how monkeys can find any fun in the rollback from wrathstone to murkmire. I suspect half the people who play on PC NA Vivec are bots that generate lag because it makes no sense that any person of sense would find this fun. For a week I didn't have a single laggy port or disconnect on approach. The only downside was having to dodge roll out of a red circle. But behold bots are the majority and bots do not want siege to punch trough HoTs.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish I had your optimism. I'll eat my hat if Wheeler actually pulls out a decent way of reviving Cyrodiil, but until then I'll probably just go back to logging in for the daily reward until Necromancer hits.

I have my optimism because I have to. I love ES, I want ESO but I want @ZOS_BrianWheeler & crew ,to make Cyrodiil their own and get away from this DAoC strange child.

Also they do listen because some of the things I've criticised they have changed.

@ZOS_GinaBruno want you to see these threads!

Edited by TheBonesXXX on March 6, 2019 7:11AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More things I thought of.

-Emp location on map, for all three factions

-Lower health of waygates to 75k.

-Daedric Princes invade Cyrodiil as Molag retreats to Improve city

"With the dark anchors banished, Sheogorath sought to create more chaos in Cyrodiil. Peryite however was opposed to this enlisted the aid of Meridia who's already been working against the schemes other daedra so that mortals may worship her."

"Upon learning this Sheogorath tricked Sanguine to help him spread chaos the three banners war. Sanguine obliged and they've begun releasing their daedric forces in Cyrodiil."

"Molag Bal, Lord of Domination retreated back into the heart of Imperial City where his stronghold in cyrodiil would remain."

"Boethiah, would soon also vy for influence over Cyrodiil, building an Army. Boethiah would begin to influence neighboring villages to rally to his/her call of war. Further stoking the flames of destruction."

Plenty of ways to justify turning Cyrodiil into a mad house and giving it a 2019 update.

Once Champ points are redone they can eliminate the needs for multiple campaigns and finally just make Cyrodiil a massive war zone. One singular gloriously chaotic campaign.

Scores where players can lose rank and guilds have rank would add less faction bouncing.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have my optimism because I have to. I love ES, I want ESO but I want @ZOS_BrianWheeler & crew ,to make Cyrodiil their own and get away from this DAoC strange child.

Also they do listen because some of the things I've criticised they have changed.

I've stopped having optimism over the numerous issues that haven't been addressed since Tamriel Unlimited. So in my experience, they haven't listened much if at all. I will say good luck trying. That's not sarcasm, I genuinely mean it. Because at this rate? This game's going to need all the luck it can get. Especially when they incidentally fix something (which showed what the problem was and everyone knows it) and then turn around and revert that accidental fix.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've stopped having optimism over the numerous issues that haven't been addressed since Tamriel Unlimited. So in my experience, they haven't listened much if at all. I will say good luck trying. That's not sarcasm, I genuinely mean it. Because at this rate? This game's going to need all the luck it can get. Especially when they incidentally fix something (which showed what the problem was and everyone knows it) and then turn around and revert that accidental fix.

I think they tried to make Cyrodiil, DAoC 2.0, when it's Cyrodiil.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

alot of great ideas. I was just trolling btw lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

alot of great ideas. I was just trolling btw lol.

I know I got a few LOLs out of these threads. I'm very sardonic and sarcastic.
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    I'll throw out this comparison again. If a decent First Person Shooter clan collectively went to an FPS public server and played a GvRandoms, it would suck for everyone. This happens for lulz and all it does is clear out the servers.

It wouldn't be that the FPS clan wasn't entitled to win because they worked hard to have effective strategies and skills to obliterate their opponents, it's that it would be a pathetically easy win that shouldn't be entertaining to anyone. If that clan could fight 5x their numbers, it still wouldn't be entertaining for the randoms to be slaughtered.

There aren't many competitive platforms that don't have a goal of segmenting players on their interest level, and for good reason. This has been a key practical failure of ESO AvA from the start.

If AvA was more popular, maybe this could correct itself. When the EP multiguild pain train completely ruined PC/NA Thornblade in 1.5, we had other campaigns to go to. The option now is to log off.

Every guild probably thinks I'm referring to them, but that's not the case. There's only a few guilds left on PC/NA that I'd put into this category in terms of ability and maybe fewer who I think are disruptive.

The general idea is that if you play in a public environment like a park or public server in a computer game, you should show some restraint if you outclass your opposition. Even in the pros, there's a general ethic that teams shouldn't run up scores.

@zyk I agree with this principle entirely. All good pvp games should have some kind of matchmaking or teirs of play available. What I am skeptical of however, is blaming the players for the lack of this in ESO.

Having played for a long time in a guild you are likley refering to, I can tell you that if you really beleive guilds like this don't want the same thing, don't want a more competitive outlet, or don't get bored smashing pugs, you are completly wrong. They want these things to. This is why it is almost exclusively these guilds who attempt (and i say attempt because the general eso community are incredibly reluctant) to set up GvG events. This is seen in both small and large scale.

I have stopped playing ESO to now play CoD, which has a league play option. I have always beleived ESO would benifit hugely from a feature like this.

Maybe a campain that only comes online every x period of time with greater rewards, gear restrictions and other customized rules or a huge entry fee for guilds to play in a truly high risk high reward scenario that would incentivise only the confident players to play in and the lesser experienced ones to wait until the feel ready. Something that could be hyped and regarded truly as the big leagues, or the finals series etc. Or Customizable battlegrounds...something.

But alas, it doesn't, and until it does, you cant fairly blame the players, until such an outlet exists, the only way for guilds like this to not mostly smash pugs in cyrodil, is to not go into cyrodiil, and it's not fair to ask that of them.
    Edited by Edirt_seliv on March 7, 2019 2:26AM