Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 22
• PC/Mac: NA and EU for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – April 24, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The Elsweyr Chapter and Update 22 base game patch are now available to test on the PTS! You can read the full patch notes here https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/468599

PvP in Vivec is working AWESOME: Behold the age of siege

  • SippingPotions

    Stood in the red too long :D
    Edited by SippingPotions on February 28, 2019 7:20AM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭
    Bone_Demon wrote: »
    Gankimus wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    This game has come to a place where people are happy to kill someone who would largly outmatch them skill-wise just becouse of a broken mechanic as siege


    Sad.

    You'll get over it as soon as you have something else to troll. If I can kill you with a siege weapon you might want to reconsider your claim to skill.

    If you have 5 people cc-ing and slowing down a player while the other 5 siege that solo player you might want to reconsider your silly speech. Siege is being abused.

    10 vs 1 seems legit :smile:
    PC EU - DC only
  • bmesi
    bmesi
    ✭✭✭
    nice
    Edited by bmesi on February 28, 2019 11:48PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was back to absolutely abysmal performance for me about 14 hours ago, multiple reports of DC'd in zone and really bad ping spikes, so idk that this siege is fixing anything. And this was with about 2 bars across, EP might have had 3.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankimus wrote: »
    My eyeballs hurt.
    I played it until my fingers bled.
    I stayed up too late and shirked my chores.
    Khajiit thinks he has the carpal tunnel in his left hand, and today he may do it all again.

    I set up a few oils, maybe 7. I never got around to any of the other flingy thingies in the game but I did notice that it is VERY BAD to stand in red.
    So, Khajiit burned lots of nasty siege weapons to ashes and moved his position often. This one hates icky oil in his fur and rocks hitting his head!

    Duh

    I PvP'd at least 12 hours yesterday, here are some things I thought of while I was lying around dead

    Hard points are HARD. Please be careful! Lolz.
    Cold Fire siege of any type will sell well on the open market, drawing PvE types to our Dolmens!
    Pugs can defend a keep against a push with just a few veterans mixed in for good measure. Play the map.
    Remember Purge? Who bars that old thing anymore. I mean really, why bother? Please, don't bar Purge.

    Vivec is a very hot place today.

    Mind yer step!

    They need to name a catapult after you sir.
    Warning:Incoming sarcasm and sardonicism.

    PvP just doesn't have one playstyle.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gankimus wrote: »
    Bone_Demon wrote: »
    Gankimus wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    This game has come to a place where people are happy to kill someone who would largly outmatch them skill-wise just becouse of a broken mechanic as siege


    Sad.

    You'll get over it as soon as you have something else to troll. If I can kill you with a siege weapon you might want to reconsider your claim to skill.

    If you have 5 people cc-ing and slowing down a player while the other 5 siege that solo player you might want to reconsider your silly speech. Siege is being abused.

    Dude. You're gonna die out there. That's the point. The trick is to solve these situations you describe. Everyone is crying about broken siege. It hits hard as hell. Like one shot hard. Personally, I am not shooting very many siege weapons. It's too much fun killing people who are shooting siege weapons, I don't have time to set them up, they reload slow and turn with a little hand crank or something. I don't know what to tell you, be more careful I guess, more situationally aware. If you are going into crowded places with siege firing maybe you deserve to die? I don't complain when I die in those spots, I just celebrate when I survive. Maybe your attitude sucks? Maybe it's me. Good luck out there, mind your step the ground is lava.

    Man don't tell people to have common sense and that dispell the illusion that dying to basic game functions actually makes them an average player, because then they're mad.

    They don't like when they have to respawn and not get looted. We'll have to petition Brian to change Nature's Grasp to pull people out of harm's way so they don't get Darwin'd.
    Warning:Incoming sarcasm and sardonicism.

    PvP just doesn't have one playstyle.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Personally, I've always preferred strong siege. Not because I like to siege players down, but because I think siege should scary in a game themed around keep fights.

    I think that multiple breaches when attacking an objective should be the norm. We're pretty lazy when it comes to this. Some players call "strategy" throwing 3+ 24 player groups at a fd, but maybe 2x12 player groups on each side of a keep could be more effective than that.

    With all that said, siege is obviously too strong right now. But I think the reason why you see so many players excited for it is because most of us are sick to death of the tank meta which has infested every level of play. Never have there been so many troll tanks, small groups of tanks, large groups of tanks, solo players in stalemate builds, etc...

    So yeah, I'll shamelessly whip out a cf at you if you want to reduce the game to that BS. Ultimately though, this is on ZOS. @ZOS_BrianWheeler do you know what the tank meta is? Do you know most players hate it?

    Siege being super strong is decidedly not the way to end that. It's probably the way to make that even more ubiquitous. Siege damage doesn't depend on your stats or character skills. With the current bugged state of siege, who better to survive than someone with a huge health pool?
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    Siege being super strong is decidedly not the way to end that. It's probably the way to make that even more ubiquitous. Siege damage doesn't depend on your stats or character skills. With the current bugged state of siege, who better to survive than someone with a huge health pool?
    I don't actually think it's a viable long term solution, I just meant to say it's why so many people are applauding it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
    pvp videos: eso zyk on youtube
    enjin profile
    66
    steps-on-all-toes
    lives · lived · will live - dies · died · will die
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    ACTIVATE PROTON CANNON NOW !!!
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Gankimus wrote: »
    Skander wrote: »
    This game has come to a place where people are happy to kill someone who would largly outmatch them skill-wise just becouse of a broken mechanic as siege


    Sad.

    You'll get over it as soon as you have something else to troll. If I can kill you with a siege weapon you might want to reconsider your claim to skill.

    If you un-ironically Think this amount of damage is legit, then I´ve no words really......

    People cried their eyes out about werewolfs abusing double infused Torug´s and oblivion damage, but think it´s balanced to have these numbers with the click of a button.....

    [img][/img]39Mwq0J.jpg

    You stood in red long enough for it to tick 3times. That's on you.

    You should probably learn the mechanics of the game before telling people "its on you". lmao
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This one is confused.... it is a siege.... siege weapons are big and scary.... errrrrr, are they not supposed to hurt like hell?😕

    I mean if one has gallons of boiling death poured over, and indeed through, their armour I would expect it to do a dam site more damage than an axe.....🤓

    Sure, when it takes multiple people about an hour to set up the siege and fire like every 5-10 minutes we can talk about realism and siege one shots.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I had great fun killing siege users. I have died to siege only two times. Once when I put my trebuchet too close and once when lag made ballista bolt invisible.
    I'd personally change ballista bolt speed to make it slower and decrease radius so that a skilled player was able to dodge it even with some lag. Otherwise I like the fact that defenders finally have some chance. Attackers can allways bring more sieges to the fight but defenders are limited by wall sizes.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    Class Representative
    Yesterday I had great fun killing siege users. I have died to siege only two times. Once when I put my trebuchet too close and once when lag made ballista bolt invisible.
    I'd personally change ballista bolt speed to make it slower and decrease radius so that a skilled player was able to dodge it even with some lag. Otherwise I like the fact that defenders finally have some chance. Attackers can allways bring more sieges to the fight but defenders are limited by wall sizes.

    Attackers are also restricted how many seige they can put down.

    Attackers will wind up bring more players instead.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭
    It's literally killing the game.
    We may be down but we will never be out.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    It's literally killing the game.

    Actually it has made the game more interesting and less broken. You can actually fight in the open field because enemies are spread out. Now you don't have to join a ball group or zerg group and stack to gain immortality untill enemies put major defile on you with some hard aoes.

    And countering siege engines is as easy as doing a roll dodge.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I had great fun killing siege users. I have died to siege only two times. Once when I put my trebuchet too close and once when lag made ballista bolt invisible.
    I'd personally change ballista bolt speed to make it slower and decrease radius so that a skilled player was able to dodge it even with some lag. Otherwise I like the fact that defenders finally have some chance. Attackers can allways bring more sieges to the fight but defenders are limited by wall sizes.

    Attackers are also restricted how many seige they can put down.

    Attackers will wind up bring more players instead.

    This is not my experience so far. The way to take keeps is not through brute forcing with healing, purges and a sea of earthgore. If the attackers can establish siege supremacy, they will almost undoubtedly take the keep by virtue of making the flags untennable for the defenders.
    0331
    0602
  • Edirt_seliv
    Edirt_seliv
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    This one is confused.... it is a siege.... siege weapons are big and scary.... errrrrr, are they not supposed to hurt like hell?😕

    I mean if one has gallons of boiling death poured over, and indeed through, their armour I would expect it to do a dam site more damage than an axe.....🤓

    Sure, when it takes multiple people about an hour to set up the siege and fire like every 5-10 minutes we can talk about realism and siege one shots.

    This.
  • Arreis235
    Arreis235
    Soul Shriven
    EKO...

    My complains, find a way for the red ring to show for everyone its been mentioned its messed up. also fix lag.
    Maybe do something about the increased fire dmg for vampires, I'm hit with a siege and don't get 1shoted, I've got cama hunter on my bars so i literally can shoot the vampires.

    Everything else I love, I have to time my entry into a keep. Its kinda like pve in that I have to actually pay attention, I can't just meatball a meatbag lol. I actually have to do something in order to either not die, or get a kill. Its gotten to the point where the sets were gettin' ridiculous. I love that people are branching out, but the lowbies we left behind couldn't stand a chance against us. I literally have to watch my *** against a lvl 32, cuz they know they can kill me wit a siege lol. I can't just stand around and do nothing.

    There are some flaws, work em out, maybe reduce dmg for vampires, but don't reduce it as a whole. Keep em high, I dont' like the fact we could shrug off a fire ballista as if it were nothing, or takin'g a huge rock and walkin' away lol. That *** don't happen!
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    The issue is if you’re not a templar you’re dead in 3 ticks healing or no. Mark my words if this goes on as is people won’t enjoy it once the novelty has worn off. Just wait until everytime you’re fighting another group and some guy sneaks up, sets a cold fire and wipes you and you were snared or stunned and couldn’t move out. Fun. Hoping ZOS adjusts this accordingly and finds a way to keep it stronger without turning Cyro into a hide in keeps and siege simulation.

    Just roll doge the damage duh...
    with my magblade and magsorc now i have 18+k stamina only to avoid the " stand in stupid" issue we have now .



    Adapt improve overcome.
    Signature


  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Adapt improve overcome.
    That's actually the danger, IMO. Whatever a bunch of random players can do, an organized group can do much more effectively.

    Besides this, there's more to AvA than just siege. Keep sieging is obviously the main theme, but Cyrodiil is meant to facilitate a wide variety of styles. From a solo or small scale POV, the idea of pulling a Cold Fire siege out of your pocket and blowing up 10 players far away from an objective isn't a good one.

    I think ZOS needs to analyze the problems players feel are being solved by this and consider alternate solutions -- which buffed siege may be a part of.

    Just to pull an idea out of the air, maybe siege can be buffed in proximity of an objective, but is less effective elsewhere.
    Edited by zyk on March 4, 2019 9:55AM
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster . . . when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you"
    pvp videos: eso zyk on youtube
    enjin profile
    66
    steps-on-all-toes
    lives · lived · will live - dies · died · will die
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Adapt improve overcome.
    That's actually the danger, IMO. Whatever a bunch of random players can do, an organized group can do much more effectively.

    Besides this, there's more to AvA than just siege. Keep sieging is obviously the main theme, but Cyrodiil is meant to facilitate a wide variety of styles. From a solo or small scale POV, the idea of pulling a Cold Fire siege out of your pocket and blowing up 10 players far away from an objective isn't a good one.

    I think ZOS needs to analyze the problems players feel are being solved by this and consider alternate solutions -- which buffed siege may be a part of.

    Just to pull an idea out of the air, maybe siege can be buffed in proximity of an objective, but is less effective elsewhere.

    Well yes but sieging can be fun as well and now people have actually a reason to spend ap in sieges instesd of stacking them for the weekly ava vendor.
    a good way to tone down the issue can be to double the life of siege weapons, keep the damage hig near keeps and cut it half when you are more than x meters away but sell them for like 10-15 k each. (pure damage sieges)
    Keep the stone trebuc, ballista, ram at the same price (no dot no issue) and lower the price and requirements of forward camps.

    also... give hig damage sieges like the coldharbur ballistas as pvp rewards not in casual pve chest farming.
    Signature


  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Adapt improve overcome.
    From a solo or small scale POV, the idea of pulling a Cold Fire siege out of your pocket and blowing up 10 players far away from an objective isn't a good one.

    Have you ever seen that actually happening? PvP people have already adapted and learned new skill that PvE players learned ages ago - roll dodge from the red circle. The farther your target the more time people have to evade your balista shots. In all of my gameplay I have managed to kill maybe four players with a siege engine. But thanks to the elimination of stacked ball/zerg groups I have managed to rack over 100 kills on the weekend. And all of those kills were done with combos because all players became vulnerable to other players standard attacks. Before the siege buff people were just stacking and invincible while several dedicated healers were spamming aoe heals. It wasn't fun, especially since it was detrimental to game performance.

    wait till you all play. It instantly went back to the zerg fighting of Murkmire and slightly laggy on a 8:30 am on 2 bar pops. We just lost our chance to have playable PVP lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Gankimus
    Gankimus
    ✭✭✭

    They need to name a catapult after you sir.

    Name it after Khajiits' brother Zergimus. How about "The Zergiman People Skewer" Gankimus already has a feature in Cropsford named after him. Perhaps you have visited? It is the best guarded town pin in all of Cyrodiil! The Stage of Gankimus. Nobody's pin is better guarded than Gank's favorite pin. This one is sooo excited, something he loved got a proper nerf! Khajiit gets his PvE practice in there...
    Gankimus
    AD NB AR Volunteer
    Former Mayor of Cropsford
    Khajiit was honored to be Guild Master
    Dominion Imperial Guard
    Today he is Ronin
    www.ElderScrollsAlliance.com
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I play Shore and the groups are much smaller we do not need this type of siege damage... this is way over the top for us...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVE Eternal Destiny
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    Adapt improve overcome.
    From a solo or small scale POV, the idea of pulling a Cold Fire siege out of your pocket and blowing up 10 players far away from an objective isn't a good one.

    Have you ever seen that actually happening? PvP people have already adapted and learned new skill that PvE players learned ages ago - roll dodge from the red circle. The farther your target the more time people have to evade your balista shots. In all of my gameplay I have managed to kill maybe four players with a siege engine. But thanks to the elimination of stacked ball/zerg groups I have managed to rack over 100 kills on the weekend. And all of those kills were done with combos because all players became vulnerable to other players standard attacks. Before the siege buff people were just stacking and invincible while several dedicated healers were spamming aoe heals. It wasn't fun, especially since it was detrimental to game performance.

    Yes we run a healer that puts down a cold fire and fires point blank. killed way to many to count that way Its straight up broke.. Run all templars and point blank aim siege its broke.. in a group of six one will get a siege down and it's over after that.... The other group can run away or fight from range..
    Edited by Durham on March 4, 2019 2:35PM
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVE Eternal Destiny
Sign In or Register to comment.