Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Now that rapids spammers are out of work....

Dreyloch
Dreyloch
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious what the ball group gangs are gonna do now that rapids has been changed to not removing snares etc. IMO, this is one of the biggest changes to PvP that has ever hit the game. Having everyone move the same speed is one thing. I think it can still be done "somewhat". But the snare and root removals are gonna be tougher on a consistent basis. I think we're gonna see many of your members get stuck behind.... moving and killing as you do will be a thing of the past.
"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We started running without Rapids at the beginning of Feb. and it really hasn't made much difference. Magsorcs can bring the negates, and while purge doesn't deal with snares and roots nearly as well as Rapids did, it still works. As for Expedition, well, you don't have to be super fast if you can make the people chasing you much slower.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the same, for sure, but it's not the end.
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just thinking about this last night watching Dracarys and GoD's raids run around 30% faster than PUGs in the area thinking this would be the last time I'd see this happen. It's the end of an era. I will be interested to see how they adapt now that they can't use their movement as an advantage over PUGs.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ball groups will be more support focused and spam purge more along with more people using purge blades and running path.

Regardless, movement needs a reworks. This snare root meta bs is out of control and I’m honestly dissappointed with how zos hasn’t even addressed it.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guilds I'm in already have formalized what should be tested past the pts tests they have done for group comp, have already tested some comps on live in the past couple of weeks, and already own these setups.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may take a few days to completely flesh out the adjustments needed but those groups will be back in business rest assured.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    I was just thinking about this last night watching Dracarys and GoD's raids run around 30% faster than PUGs in the area thinking this would be the last time I'd see this happen. It's the end of an era. I will be interested to see how they adapt now that they can't use their movement as an advantage over PUGs.

If you think these groups won't still be able to outpace and outmaneuver that tumor you call a group, it's no wonder you've taken to running with such a low level gameplay style. You can't imagine anything greater
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Just curious what the ball group gangs are gonna do now that rapids has been changed to not removing snares etc. IMO, this is one of the biggest changes to PvP that has ever hit the game. Having everyone move the same speed is one thing. I think it can still be done "somewhat". But the snare and root removals are gonna be tougher on a consistent basis. I think we're gonna see many of your members get stuck behind.... moving and killing as you do will be a thing of the past.

Most ball groups are warden-centric, and if they are made up of Redguards, they won't notice a big difference. The others, well, will see their healers getting ganked.

People will maybe need 2 weeks before they start using StamWarden healers. Dragonknight healers might work, too (if the Ultis weren't that bad)
    Edited by Thraben on February 26, 2019 12:43PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Ball groups will be more support focused and spam purge more along with more people using purge blades and running path.

Regardless, movement needs a reworks. This snare root meta bs is out of control and I’m honestly dissappointed with how zos hasn’t even addressed it.

They did address the snares and roots... look

NwNrtF7.png

Oh wait..
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure we'll find out once the siege stops melting everyone, ball group or not.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

NwNrtF7.png

Oh wait..

It's just lovely how they give more power to the zerglings every patch.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

NwNrtF7.png

Oh wait..

Hahaha your response was fantastic
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    The guilds that build their groups for fights will adapt to this. And then the next complaint will come.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others