The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

CP PvP: why?

• kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    MalagenR wrote: »
    My BJJ teacher professor who is a 8 time European Champion and 3 x Worlds Gold medalist told us the following when comparing training & competition with a Gi vs. No Gi.

"You never see No-Gi players put on a Gi and win a world championship, but you can find many cases of a Gi world champion taking off the GI and winning a world championship. You draw your own conclusions about which one is better when it comes to training BJJ."

I think very similar logic applies to CPPVP and noCPPVP - having begun my PVP adventure in Vivec - I realized very quickly that I didn't understand my class as well as I thought I did. I started at about 630 CP. I won a couple of fights solo, but everyone who was 810 and looked to be pretty good would smash me. Yet, I kept trying. As I gained CP, I also learned more about my class, which skills were worth it on my bar in an Open World, etc. Which skills were great for 1v1 but didn't mean anything where a fight could quickly become 1v3, etc.

Now, as I finished my Murkmire build and have been focusing on preparing for Pan Ams in March - I spend most of my time in BG's. Wow, the skill level drop is incredible.

Almost nobody on the PVP PS4 Leaderboards is incredible impressive - and these are the players that are doing BG's all day everyday, so you might assume some of them are good at PVP in general. I have yet to find this to be the case. I haven't encountered a single person who made me think, "I really need to avoid this person, drag them back to my group, or just straight up CC and run away".

Yet, in CP PVP campaigns, there are a number of players who I know I am incapable of beating in a 1v1 and I will try to lure them into zergs, or into a 2v1, etc. whatever I can do to even the odds. Sometimes I feel like I need practice, so I go at them head on and see what I can do, I view it as an improvement if I can last 30 seconds longer than I did last time, or bring the 1v1 to a 15 minute draw and then bail (because 15 min 1v1's are seriously boring).

Anyone claiming noCP PVP players are better than CP PVP players are kidding themselves. You have to be way faster in CP PVP. You have almost no time to decide on anything due to the power creep, and just need to have an in-depth understanding of when best to dodge roll, streak, CC, etc. etc. etc. list goes on. Because the power creep will make the fight either last forever (two good players) or be over in less than 3 seconds (better player vs worse player).

I have to disagree with everything you have said. There are great players in both CP and non CP and there are less skilled in both as well. There are huge differences in playstyles when CP is removed from the picture. In non CP damage is much faster and burst is stronger. Hits that you could take in CP will insta gib in non CP. There is far less reaction time in non CP because of this and decision making needs to be quicker. Siege damage is absurd in non CP, sustain is much weaker, mitigation and raw stats are a lot less which all adds up to a much faster pace of play. Class weakness are also more exposed in non CP as you don't have the CP to cover them. ZOS balances around CP so there are a lot of things in non CP that are simply way over the top. I believe that if ZOS took some time to adjust some of the things that were overperforming in non CP, then non CP would be much more of a popular choice than it is currently.

My group of 10 have been playing primarily non CP since it became a thing but we play CP from time to time. I can take that same group to a CP campaign without adjusting builds and be nearly unkillable even when making huge mistakes. I make one bad call in non CP and it's almost guaranteed wipe. CP gives you the breathing space to recover which you aren't afforded in non CP so I have no idea what you are going on about with the CP power creep making the pace faster thing. One could argue that CP is imbalanced just as easily as one could argue the same for non CP. The choice for us has always been whether to play in lag (Vivec) or actually have our skills work (Sotha) as I'm sure it is for many others. Choosing to play CP or non CP doesn't make you a better player so let's stop spreading that falsehood around.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    Na0cho wrote: »
    Lol reading through the pro cp posts is almost the same as reading the posts from pve players who hate pvp. There are a ton of similarities.

Don’t get comfy cp players. It’s going to be reworked and the salty tears will flood the forums.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they removed cp from pvp altogether.

Funny seems the other way around to me, you whiny no cp players keep crying about people enjoying cp pvp and keep raving about how it should be removed because YOU don't like it while many (most infact) people do reminds me exactly of those pve players who hate pvp because they suck at it.

who said I did not like it?
    I like it all bb, i just dont like switching around my cp/builds around all the time. so its easier for me to have the same build setup so i can do bg's and cyro.

and suck at it? On Vivec you would not be able to kill me. Thats real fun right there right? with cp you CAN build a character correctly that WILL NOT EVER DIE IN A 1v1. so might as well go fight a guard in daggerfall at that point.

edit: they are not upping the cp cap anymore while they reevaluate the whole system. I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU GUYS BUT ITS NOT GOING TO BE THE SAME AS NOW.

CP will probably be nerfed into the ground or just made as a flavor type thing for your character/build.

i mean the chances of this happening are super high. Might as well get used to it now so the shock wont hurt so much.
    Edited by Na0cho on February 19, 2019 2:18PM