Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you use Stealth Detect in PVE

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I don’t use stealth dectect in PVE
    There’s no enemies that use stealth that can be affected by stealth detection
    Edited by Jhalin on February 13, 2019 1:49AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth detect in PVE is about as much use as T*Ts on Tarzan :smiley:

Or as two of my FILs (first one from Texas, third one from Utah) used to say: "Useless as t*ts on a boar hog." I found it extremely funny that an Episcopalian from West Texas and a LDS from Utah both used the same phrase. Of course, both were cattlemen.... and both also kept other meat animals - hogs, turkeys, chickens, rabbits - no sheep....
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I use stealth detect in PVE
    I thought "well duh, of course", and then saw the E
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    I thought "well duh, of course", and then saw the E

Snip brix when you see it (old meme is old)
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing that in PVE there is no secret invisible artifacts and enemies that detection can be used on.

Or is there... :o

Even if there will be in the next expansion, the ENTIRE REST of the game doesn’t have this. I mean, it’s not like there are Hiding Baskets in Auridon through the Rift. One future feature, if it even exists, determining something for the entire base game they are currently selling is unwise.

Buy this thing! It says one day you might be able to, maybe, do x. Do you need to do x now? No of course not, does this feature help you in anyway today? No! But buy it, buy the maybe future thing right now for a possible future we might scrap or severely nerf altogether!
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • KBKB
    KBKB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @max_only Hopefully your well thought out poll will highlight the ridiculousness of this change to a passing Dev. This coming from a guy who only PvP's and one my eight toons is a stamden bosmer.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only mobs that have a cloak skill right before they attack I just block them.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    😅 I am hoping they live up to their promise making steath more active in gameplay.

It's a promise? Oh no. Just started the Thieves' Guild DLC and I'm remembering how unfun these kinds of quests are :/ This scares me :D

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes all the time. Almost every dungeon/trial boss uses stealth.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 13, 2019 3:53AM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a couple of times I was high, I think I may have used these too along with the ravage ones and wondering what the hell was going on.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stealth detection in PVE is as useful as a sick day in July.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have Inner light slotted on my magic based character's but, I am just using it for the Max Magicka increase, and Major Prophecy buff. I may have miss-hit a key a couple of times and actually fired off the Stealth Detect part, but it was only by error on my part.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KBKB wrote: »
    @max_only Hopefully your well thought out poll will highlight the ridiculousness of this change to a passing Dev. This coming from a guy who only PvP's and one my eight toons is a stamden bosmer.

I’m tryin man I’m tryin
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does even one person use it legitimately? Maybe Wheeler uses it all the time?
  • WolfDK
    WolfDK
    ✭✭
    ehhh.... sometimes.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolfDK wrote: »
    ehhh.... sometimes.

Like when?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF i do, then its mostly a coindidence

add cloaks 1 sec before my Engulfing hit, so not on purpuse
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Does even one person use it legitimately? Maybe Wheeler uses it all the time?

Wheeler was PvP lead until recently, so of course he used it all the time.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can submit these kinds of threads as proofs/citations in official feedback forms.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ONLY when I am progressing that skill on a new character that I plan to run in PVP (Magelight)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ONLY when I am progressing that skill on a new character that I plan to run in PVP (Magelight)

Actually casting Magelight in pve doesn’t increase the rate of experience gain on that skill. It is only required to have the skill on the bar, while gaining exp. Are you actually detecting stealth units/mobs?
    Edited by max_only on February 14, 2019 12:44AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such a biased pool with so obvious "point to prove". Come on OP make similar one with question how many people is using stealth detection reduction in PvE.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if you use this.

Be it a potion, or a skill.

What's the real question?
    You don't like the huge value inner light offers for PvE?

Irked at the PvP vs PvE alignment angel

Speak to us goose
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah i just drop a party hat and they come out to pick it up
    at a place nobody knows
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    Such a biased pool with so obvious "point to prove". Come on OP make similar one with question how many people is using stealth detection reduction in PvE.

How is it biased? What wording did I use that obviously favors one answer? In and of itself, the poll is neutral. Whatever you think I want is irrelevant.

No one is stopping you from making your own poll.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it biased? What wording did I use that obviously favors one answer? In and of itself, the poll is neutral. Whatever you think I want is irrelevant.

Is this why You link that thread as a "evidence" in another thread nooone is using stealth detect in PvE ? Like I said if You want to prove certain point make a thread asking of how many people is using stealth detection reduction as a counterbalance so we can see full picture otherwise it's clear bias designed to promote ideology that wood elf need stealth detection reduction in PvE because nobody is using stealth detection when in reality barely anyone is using any of those features in PvE.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 15, 2019 8:22AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this why You link that thread as a "evidence" in another thread nooone is using stealth detect in PvE ? Like I said if You want to prove certain point make a thread asking of how many people is using stealth detection reduction as a counterbalance so we can see full picture otherwise it's clear bias designed to promote ideology that wood elf need stealth detection reduction in PvE because nobody is using stealth detection.

Do you use stealth detection in pve or not? It’s not that complicated. Any ulterior motive you glean from stalking me on the forums is irrelevant to the fact, not opinion, that fighting the environment does not require stealth detection.
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this why You link that thread as a "evidence" in another thread nooone is using stealth detect in PvE ? Like I said if You want to prove certain point make a thread asking of how many people is using stealth detection reduction as a counterbalance so we can see full picture otherwise it's clear bias designed to promote ideology that wood elf need stealth detection reduction in PvE because nobody is using stealth detection.

Do you use stealth detection in pve or not? It’s not that complicated. Any ulterior motive you glean from stalking me on the forums is irrelevant to the fact, not opinion, that fighting the environment does not require stealth detection.

Stalking ? You literally linked that thread in another thread so me clicking the link and seeing this thread is stalking now ? Get real. Also yes I use it in PvE as often as stealth detection reduction. By the way that last sentence is also just an opinion of Yours not the fact because as we can see from this thread results some people still use stealth detection in PvE lel. Bias is bias no matter how You want to cover it.
    Edited by Juhasow on February 15, 2019 8:29AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Let me know if you use this.

Be it a potion, or a skill.

What's the real question?
    You don't like the huge value inner light offers for PvE?

Irked at the PvP vs PvE alignment angel

Speak to us goose

Honk honk.

This is just like my poll “do you use poisons in pve”, a plain question.
This discussion has been closed.