Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

CP PvP: why?

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleeds, proc sets, and heavy armor are just a few reasons why non-CP is worse than CP.
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No cp once you are near or max cp in particular is just gimping yourself. Most people who enjoy no cp have low cp or copy pasted builds.

I played cp campaigns since level 10. I played both cp and non cp till about 500 cp (when 690 was the max) and just stayed in Vivec. Playing no cp on my cp build is just not my build.

Cp is in the game. No one does serious PvE content with their cp removed. Man up and fight PEOPLE with cp lol.

What does cp vs. no cp have to do with anything to do with "man up"? Also, PLEEEEEAAASE dont tell me you think that in cp means that people dont copy builds. I must have been on bath salts seeing all of those youtube build videos in which people go over their cp allocations.

Why compare pve end game to pvp as the are different things? I have an idea! Lets compare no cp pvp and cp pvp along with BGs. You know, keep closed variables....

Man up means fight the very best thing you can fight when fighting a PERSON. In a cp campaign that will be people who aren’t running copy paste builds. In fact, ONLY in a cp campaign will you run into someone who is truly good. By that I mean someone who has used everything available to him, including cp (which is IN THE GAME) to perfect his own build according to his own particular playstyle.

To who and to what do you wish to measure yourself: the very best, or do you wish to bring everyone down to some “balanced” mediocrity.

You honestly shouldn’t be allowed to post because I can tell you’re not trolling.

Well lucky for me you don’t run NOTHIN’ ‘round here. You can just run TELL something ‘round here.

Hot foot it to a mod and tell them I’m NOT trolling hehehehe. With ya good tellin’ a***.

Tell ‘em we need some more cheese for all the RATS we got ‘round here too lmao!
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No cp once you are near or max cp in particular is just gimping yourself. Most people who enjoy no cp have low cp or copy pasted builds.

I played cp campaigns since level 10. I played both cp and non cp till about 500 cp (when 690 was the max) and just stayed in Vivec. Playing no cp on my cp build is just not my build.

Cp is in the game. No one does serious PvE content with their cp removed. Man up and fight PEOPLE with cp lol.

What does cp vs. no cp have to do with anything to do with "man up"? Also, PLEEEEEAAASE dont tell me you think that in cp means that people dont copy builds. I must have been on bath salts seeing all of those youtube build videos in which people go over their cp allocations.

Why compare pve end game to pvp as the are different things? I have an idea! Lets compare no cp pvp and cp pvp along with BGs. You know, keep closed variables....

Man up means fight the very best thing you can fight when fighting a PERSON. In a cp campaign that will be people who aren’t running copy paste builds. In fact, ONLY in a cp campaign will you run into someone who is truly good. By that I mean someone who has used everything available to him, including cp (which is IN THE GAME) to perfect his own build according to his own particular playstyle.

To who and to what do you wish to measure yourself: the very best, or do you wish to bring everyone down to some “balanced” mediocrity.

You honestly shouldn’t be allowed to post because I can tell you’re not trolling.

Well lucky for me you don’t run NOTHIN’ ‘round here. You can just run TELL something ‘round here.

Hot foot it to a mod and tell them I’m NOT trolling hehehehe. With ya good tellin’ a***.

*cringes*

Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

*cringes*

Geeze, roleplaying best you could think of lol. Not even meme. Hehehehe.
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In regard to thread title: Better for IC boss farming.

I've no issue with CP PvP. I'm used to it, and I prefer it. It's no CP that feels alien to me.
    Edited by fred4 on February 10, 2019 5:28PM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Lol reading through the pro cp posts is almost the same as reading the posts from pve players who hate pvp. There are a ton of similarities.

Don’t get comfy cp players. It’s going to be reworked and the salty tears will flood the forums.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they removed cp from pvp altogether.
    Options
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Na0cho wrote: »
    Lol reading through the pro cp posts is almost the same as reading the posts from pve players who hate pvp. There are a ton of similarities.

Don’t get comfy cp players. It’s going to be reworked and the salty tears will flood the forums.

Good grief, you're smug. The reasons I play CP are plain and simple:

(A) I like open world better than BG.
    (B) Cyro is unplayable at prime time, therefore I play in IC, which I also happen to like.
    (C) I use Tel Var to finance my activities that need financing, in ESO.
    (D) I farm IC when there's no PvP and that's more efficient in CP.

No CP has it's pros and cons. It's not all roses. Bleeds and procs overperform. On PC EU, Sotha Sil is also full and affected by lag at prime time, same as Vivec. I've never felt compelled to go there. When I do go, I mainly find that my judgements are off. My builds, and the awareness of what I can do with them, is tuned for CP. Of course I adapt them, mainly in the sustain department, but I'm not as refined for no CP. There won't be any salt, if ZOS change things. I'll adapt. I just don't have reason to, right now, mainly because solo farming IC in no CP is pure masochism as long as CP exists.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
    Options
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

You act as if people that enjoy CP have any inherent advantage over you- you have every opportunity to enjoy it too. It's okay to admit that it's infinitely harder than noCP and you just can't hack it. Denial is unhealthy.

And no, they won't remove all semblance of character progression from PvP, lol. They'll leave that to the casuals in noCP.
    Options
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny seems the other way around to me, you whiny no cp players keep crying about people enjoying cp pvp and keep raving about how it should be removed because YOU don't like it while many (most infact) people do reminds me exactly of those pve players who hate pvp because they suck at it.
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've played both, Azuras star when they made it no cp and vivec, now. No cp is like under 50 on steroids and the population sucks, plain and simple.

So, you get people saying cp pvp is a crutch to try and guilt you into playing on their dead server.

Stop trying to make ppl play the way you want us to play.
    Options
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gotta crutch on something, amirite?
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    I've played both, Azuras star when they made it no cp and vivec, now. No cp is like under 50 on steroids and the population sucks, plain and simple.

So, you get people saying cp pvp is a crutch to try and guilt you into playing on their dead server.

Cp pvp is a crutch though. I was once like you guys in this thread thinking cp was okay but needed adjustments. Now after some time in both , cp is the worst thing ever implemented into the game besides veteran ranks. Anyone who can’t see that is most likely bias or don’t understand the damage cp has added to this game.

Options
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont get why so many people whine about cp pvp, battle grounds is no cp and there is a no cp campaign. Just play in those.
    Edited by CompM4s on February 11, 2019 3:10PM
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cp pvp is a crutch though. I was once like you guys in this thread thinking cp was okay but needed adjustments. Now after some time in both , cp is the worst thing ever implemented into the game besides veteran ranks. Anyone who can’t see that is most likely bias or don’t understand the damage cp has added to this game.

How is CP a crutch when everyone has them?. some people allocate their CP better than others with sets that complement said allocation but it's not something only one person can do while others can't, and people putting thought into their builds and CP allocation should be called a crutch.
    also how is CP more of a crutch then Proc sets, resource poisons and other cancerous nonsense in no CP?.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 11, 2019 3:39PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

- CP PvP is more balanced, and not slightly, like by TENFOLD. Everything that's irritating in CP PvP (bleeds, procs, tanks, etc etc etc.) is tremendously worse in no CP PvP.

- You have an insanely higher build diversity in CP PvP, allowing players to come up with unorthodox builds and still 1vX, relying on skill rather than their powerhouse build to carry them.

- It actually takes coordination, timing, positioning, proper rotation, etc. to kill someone in CP PvP, unlike no CP where you can literally faceroll your keyboard and get kills with the absurd damage and lack of defenses.

People say 'crutch' because you're stronger in CP PvP and fights last longer. The only reason bad players feel this way, is because with longer fights and higher defenses, skill is that much more apparent and if you're bad, you're never killing any half-decent player. Just be happy staying in your one-shot fest, and the majority of us that want to have fun will play CP PvP.

And if any of you actually think they'll remove them, lmao. They'd literally be removing the MMORPG aspect of the game.. with out CPs there is zero character progression. It will never happen.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »

How is CP a crutch when everyone has them?. some people allocate their CP better than others with sets that complement said allocation but it's not something only one person can do while others can't, and people putting thought into their builds and CP allocation should be called a crutch.
    also how is CP more of a crutch then Proc sets, resource poisons and other cancerous nonsense in no CP?.

Cp as a whole is a crutch , the fact you’re trying to compare it to procs is silly. Procs and resource poisons that exist in both by the way. What you’re doing is pointing out the most negative aspects as if there’s no negative aspects or cancer in cp pvp.

Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nellzer wrote: »

- CP PvP is more balanced, and not slightly, like by TENFOLD. Everything that's irritating in CP PvP (bleeds, procs, tanks, etc etc etc.) is tremendously worse in no CP PvP.

- You have an insanely higher build diversity in CP PvP, allowing players to come up with unorthodox builds and still 1vX, relying on skill rather than their powerhouse build to carry them.

- It actually takes coordination, timing, positioning, proper rotation, etc. to kill someone in CP PvP, unlike no CP where you can literally faceroll your keyboard and get kills with the absurd damage and lack of defenses.

People say 'crutch' because you're stronger in CP PvP and fights last longer. The only reason bad players feel this way, is because with longer fights and higher defenses, skill is that much more apparent and if you're bad, you're never killing any half-decent player. Just be happy staying in your one-shot fest, and the majority of us that want to have fun will play CP PvP.

And if any of you actually think they'll remove them, lmao. They'd literally be removing the MMORPG aspect of the game.. with out CPs there is zero character progression. It will never happen.

No point in having a serious discussion with someone who says bad players or l2p when someone has a different opinion. Besides the fact what you’re saying is false and you clearly only play cp pvp.

You and other people who only play one form of pvp shouldn’t even be in the discussion.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cp as a whole is a crutch , the fact you’re trying to compare it to procs is silly. Procs and resource poisons that exist in both by the way. What you’re doing is pointing out the most negative aspects as if there’s no negative aspects or cancer in cp pvp.

both are fine, its just nCP requires SERIOUS build making and testing. And certain classes function worse in nCP because of the nerfing that was done while CP was enabled.

Otherwise there are some builds in both that just shouldnt exist.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not to the same extent as in no CP. but sure, i suppose if you want to call being able to survive a proc tard and maybe turning the encounter into a somewhat decent fight as opposed to being one shot by someone stacking procs or actually having resources to, you know actually fight a crutch then i guess i'll take the crutch.
    Invictus
    Options
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

No point in having a serious discussion with someone who says bad players or l2p when someone has a different opinion. Besides the fact what you’re saying is false and you clearly only play cp pvp.

You and other people who only play one form of pvp shouldn’t even be in the discussion.

We aren't talking opinions here. You're stating CPs are a 'crutch' as a fact, not an opinion. I rebut your 'factual' statement with facts about the difference between CP and noCP, and you concede- fair.

I get that you don't like when people call out 'bad' or 'l2p,' perfectly normal. But you cannot argue against any of the factual statements I made about CP vs. noCP. No CP PvP is just flat out easier to abuse OP mechanics like procs/bleeds and faceroll kills.

And I've spent a significant amount of time in no CP testing.
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We aren't talking opinions here. You're stating CPs are a 'crutch' as a fact, not an opinion. I rebut your 'factual' statement with facts about the difference between CP and noCP, and you concede- fair.

I get that you don't like when people call out 'bad' or 'l2p,' perfectly normal. But you cannot argue against any of the factual statements I made about CP vs. noCP. No CP PvP is just flat out easier to abuse OP mechanics like procs/bleeds and faceroll kills.

Well nCP just has carry proc sets and bleeds, while CP has CP mitigation, proc sets and bleeds lol. There is a case to say that CP has a carry mechanic.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Well nCP just has carry proc sets and bleeds, while CP has CP mitigation, proc sets and bleeds lol. There is a case to say that CP has a carry mechanic.

That's the whole point.. CP mitigation counteracts most of the absurdly OP mechanics and damage that are prevalent in the game. Something we call balance :smile:
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game is PvE not PvP. End game PvE is balanced with CP in mind. It’s funny to hear these streamers so proudly announce how they haven’t stepped foot in a CP campaign but yet they run all the new trials and duengons which is CP enabled. I don’t see them disabling their CP for that content. No CP trials isn’t a thing.

PvE is there for gear, PvP in any MMO is the true end game whether intentional or not, the only reason this game got trials is because they didn't bother to fix Cyrodiil.

Let's not kid ourselves..
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »
    Let's talk real: NO-CP pvp begins and ends at CP 160. You must be this rank to have the base level end game gear.

everyone in NO CP pvp that is at CP 160 and wearing CP 160 gear is at equal stat level opportunity. period. this is fact.

Now - CP enabled pvp allows you to further "ENHANCE" your character's damage, defense, and recovery stats using CP points. It is an enhancement scale that moves from CP 160 up to CP 810. If you are anywhere in between these numbers, you will be facing people in CP pvp that can be mathematically at an advantage over you simply because they are at a higher CP number than you and therefore have more points to "ENHANCE" their stats.

If all toons are at CP 810 - the max level, then effectively you are back at no-cp pvp. i.e. an equal stat level opportunity.

Thus, you can conclude the following: CP pvp for 810 cp players facing other 810 CP players and no-cp pvp for all players above CP 160 is effectively equivalent... with only stat base levels being inflated between the two as the primary distinction.

So why CP PvP? because a large majority of players are not infact CP 810. and for some of those that are, they feel they should be entitled to the mathematical advantage of additional stats over the non CP 810 players because they have earned that additional stat power by playing the game longer. also known as baby seal clubbing or small _____ syndrome. It is the same reason that very fast shiny red cars sell to a certain segment of the population. You can not change the minds of these individuals. The need to over compensate blinds all other reasoning and logic becomes moot.

CP should truly have only been designed for one purpose only. to continually provide a carrot to end game PVE players so that they can further increase their combat metric scores as they race through increasingly more difficult end -game pve content and then go back and speed challenge through old pve content. CP has no place in true pvp because it creates a mathematical disadvantage, before any discussion of racials or class, at the onset of the match simply because of time played. It is the reason it was disabled in BG's.. it wasn't balanced for pvp. it wasn't intended for pvp. it has no purpose there other than to promote baby seal clubbing and shiny red car syndromes.

peace!

CP shouldn't have been shoddily designed, but it's more an algorithm problem in the base design of the game that CP complicates.

If the algorithms of the base game where properly designed, there wouldn't have been such a disparity.
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You didn’t say anything factual but okay.

Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

both are fine, its just nCP requires SERIOUS build making and testing. And certain classes function worse in nCP because of the nerfing that was done while CP was enabled.

Build making and adjusting that people refuse to accept. So they complain about it instead. The same people that act like both of them doesn’t have their cancer.
    Options
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭

Build making and adjusting that people refuse to accept. So they complain about it instead. The same people that act like both of them doesn’t have their cancer.

Have you ever heard someone that plays CP PvP complaining about nCP PvP? Literally the only reason these conversations exist is because of the people that play nCP complain about CP PvP. If you all would just sit under your rock, enjoy your own little world and not bring this stupid debate up, it would cease to exist.
    Options
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't think anyone ever said "only no cp has cancer" just the brand of cancer in one is more tolerable than the cancer that exists in the other to the individual.
    it's just, i only ever really see no cp players complaining that more people play CP than no CP and try and make CP players feel bad for playing in their preferred environment, so the players themselves annoy me.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 11, 2019 5:54PM
    Invictus
    Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever heard someone that plays CP PvP complaining about nCP PvP? Literally the only reason these conversations exist is because of the people that play nCP complain about CP PvP. If you all would just sit under your rock, enjoy your own little world and not bring this stupid debate up, it would cease to exist.

There’s plenty of people that complain about no cp that play cp pvp, there’s also no cp players that complain about parts of no cp as well. But again I won’t respond to you anymore because everything you say is clearly biased.

Options
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't think anyone ever said "only no cp has cancer" just the brand of cancer in one is more tolerable than the cancer that exists in the other to the individual.
    it's just, i only ever really see no cp players complaining that more people play CP than no CP and try and make CP players feel bad for playing in their preferred environment, so the players themselves annoy me.

Only mentioning the cancer in no cp as an argument without ever mentioning the cancer in cp is what exactly?
    Options