The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

StamSorc by far has the least usable passives and buffs/debuffs and needs to be looked at

• Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    Stamsorc is pretty much fine in PVP especially damage wise definitely top tier. Stam sorc on Orcs are definitely ZOs need to look at nerf. They are OP as ***. Why Orcs have so many passives when compared to other races ? Orcs nearly 30 percent more utilities than other races. Orcs have to be in line with other races , before doing anything with stamsorc.

How are stamsorcs top tier damage? We have hurricane, thats it, and to get the most out of that you need to basically facetank your enemies while it ticks. When stamden is minor berserk, major fracture, more weapon damage and an extra burst skill to much more easily one shot, then stamblade has major fracture, major defile, a hard hitting burst skill and 28% more dmaging when bursting. Both of these are just much better than stamsorc damage. In fact the only damaging thing about stamsorcs is it using proc sets and bleeds and neither of them come from class.

Stamsorcs are top tier on orcs in PVP. Stamsorcs on other races are pretty much fine. Dont just go by damage alone. Thats not made Argonian DKs super OP and unkillable tanks and kill at will. Again its not stamsorc thing. Its Orc need to look at. You cannot have better mobility and have same damage level. With Crit Surge and hurricane Stamsorc on orc set up is unkillable when running around objects especially with streak. Its 2.5K health tick every second on top of vigor.

Then I just disagree. I have mentioned on other threads how I tried stacking speed. I had orc, steed mundus, major expedition and streak and even magdks caught me. In this snare meta speed does nothing.

And everyone who uses it knows how clunky streak is, it gets me killed about the same amount of times at it saves me.

And crit surge only heals when your actually criticaly damaging an enemy and stamsorcs don't have the tankiness to facetank when beign pressured or outnumbered.

The snare emta is just not godo for stamsorcs, it killed our best defence, and the implosion/dot change will make us lose our damage. We need streak to be more viable for escaping and some more usable passives, and a decent buff/debuff to help us a bit imo.

• Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc is pretty much fine in PVP especially damage wise definitely top tier. Stam sorc on Orcs are definitely ZOs need to look at nerf. They are OP as ***. Why Orcs have so many passives when compared to other races ? Orcs nearly 30 percent more utilities than other races. Orcs have to be in line with other races , before doing anything with stamsorc.

How are stamsorcs top tier damage? We have hurricane, thats it, and to get the most out of that you need to basically facetank your enemies while it ticks. When stamden is minor berserk, major fracture, more weapon damage and an extra burst skill to much more easily one shot, then stamblade has major fracture, major defile, a hard hitting burst skill and 28% more dmaging when bursting. Both of these are just much better than stamsorc damage. In fact the only damaging thing about stamsorcs is it using proc sets and bleeds and neither of them come from class.

Stamsorcs are top tier on orcs in PVP. Stamsorcs on other races are pretty much fine. Dont just go by damage alone. Thats not made Argonian DKs super OP and unkillable tanks and kill at will. Again its not stamsorc thing. Its Orc need to look at. You cannot have better mobility and have same damage level. With Crit Surge and hurricane Stamsorc on orc set up is unkillable when running around objects especially with streak. Its 2.5K health tick every second on top of vigor.

Then I just disagree. I have mentioned on other threads how I tried stacking speed. I had orc, steed mundus, major expedition and streak and even magdks caught me. In this snare meta speed does nothing.

And everyone who uses it knows how clunky streak is, it gets me killed about the same amount of times at it saves me.

And crit surge only heals when your actually criticaly damaging an enemy and stamsorcs don't have the tankiness to facetank when beign pressured or outnumbered.

The snare emta is just not godo for stamsorcs, it killed our best defence, and the implosion/dot change will make us lose our damage. We need streak to be more viable for escaping and some more usable passives, and a decent buff/debuff to help us a bit imo.

Stacking speed alone will not save you. Learn how to abuse it with crit surge , with hurricane and HOTs and mobility. You cannot be killed easily when 4k+ Hot running on top of you. I comment its super OP in PTS with ORC set up when compared to other races in PVP . not in live server. If ZOs doesnt fix it , Orc is new meta mark my words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58JdSE2oSKQ
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 3, 2019 5:10PM
  • DoonerSeraph
    DoonerSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think some skills could be reworked to help stamsorc regain a bit of "identity", because I can't see anything unique on stam sorc anymore, it looks just like a blob of weapon skills, even more than other stam classes, surprisingly.

Skills that I would change
    • Power Overload: Does someone even uses this morph? I would thange it to something like...
    • "Thunderous MIght: Overcharge your body with energy, striking your enemies with extreme force. Light attacks deal X extra physical damage, and emits shockwaves around the target for additional Y damage around (5 or 10 meters?). Your heavy attacks generate even stronger shockwaves, throwing enemies affected off-balance for 5 seconds."
    • For dark magic, I would change the Crystal Fragments morph to be the base skill (because I don't think people use Crystal Blast that much, correct me if i'm wrong), and add some neat effect to the proc in the magicka morph. Then rework Crystal Blast into...
    • "Crystal Shatter: Conjure a sword made of crystal and shatter it against the enemy, dealing X physical damage. Casting any other Stamina ability has a 35% of empowering your next Crystal Shatter, making it instant, and making it (either cause deep lacerations, bleeding your target for Y damage over Z seconds OR binding their magic, silencing your target for (1 or 2) seconds)"

That aside from the Air Atronach, extensively discussed on this thread already :P
    Edited by DoonerSeraph on February 3, 2019 6:01PM
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think some skills could be reworked to help stamsorc regain a bit of "identity", because I can't see anything unique on stam sorc anymore, it looks just like a blob of weapon skills, even more than other stam classes, surprisingly.

Skills that I would change
    • Power Overload: Does someone even uses this morph? I would thange it to something like...
    • "Thunderous MIght: Overcharge your body with energy, striking your enemies with extreme force. Light attacks deal X extra physical damage, and emits shockwaves around the target for additional Y damage around (5 or 10 meters?). Your heavy attacks generate even stronger shockwaves, throwing enemies affected off-balance for 5 seconds."
    • For dark magic, I would change the Crystal Fragments morph to be the base skill (because I don't think people use Crystal Blast that much, correct me if i'm wrong), and add some neat effect to the proc in the magicka morph. Then rework Crystal Blast into...
    • "Crystal Shatter: Conjure a sword made of crystal and shatter it against the enemy, dealing X physical damage. Casting any other Stamina ability has a 35% of empowering your next Crystal Shatter, making it instant, and making it (either cause deep lacerations, bleeding your target for Y damage over Z seconds OR binding their magic, silencing your target for (1 or 2) seconds)"

That aside from the Air Atronach, extensively discussed on this thread already :P

beyond agreeing that crystal needs a stamina morph and needs to work differently to how it is now, I dont like your particular idea for the replacement mechanic.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stacking speed alone will not save you. Learn how to abuse it with crit surge , with hurricane and HOTs and mobility. You cannot be killed easily when 4k+ Hot running on top of you. I comment its super OP in PTS with ORC set up when compared to other races in PVP . not in live server. If ZOs doesnt fix it , Orc is new meta mark my words.

Not sure what you mean it's super OP in PTS with Orc. I run an Orc StamSorc and here are my stats on live vs PTS with exact same character copy.

5f791blo1o2l.png

As you can see this is net loss in every department except cheaper Hurricane (has nothing to do with Orc race) and weapon damage. However even though weapon damage is slightly higher overall tooltip damage drops. The health recovery line for Orc is being removed and the Sprint speed passive isn't a huge thing because a medium armor StamSorc with hurricane is almost at movement speed cap while sprinting with major expedition (40% from sprint, 30% major expedition, 10% hurricane, 15% from 5 pieces of Medium armor. That's 95% right there. So you're missing out on 5% speed for cap. 2% is easily attainable from CP tree so really missing out on 3% movement speed for cap). If you run one swift or Steed you're already above movement speed cap and that is without the Orc sprint speed passive.
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on February 3, 2019 6:46PM
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    All he need is a little bit more sustain or costreduction from his passives...DMG would come with more LAs in Rota.

It has 5% cost reduction and 20% Stam recovery from passives. That is why higher than anything else passive wise.

Yeah, but it actualy isnt helping much on the 6 million Dummy....you have to do 3-5 HAs sometimes with Raidsetup to sustain it on Live

In regards to passives how is that not helping much? NB get 15% regen, Templar gets a pathetic 4% cost redux, DK gets a redux to poison skills, the very miserable earthen heart passive and Battle Roar, warden get 12% and some regen if they are healing a friendly.

In regards to passives, Stam Sorc is far ahead of the pack. Stam Sorc has other regen issues, but it's not tied to "lackluster" passives, nor is it's "lackluster" damage passives wherein it outshines everything but Stamplar by a country mile.

NB got Leeching Strikes, Templar Focus and DK has his Battleroar and the Claw to sustain. They work in different ways and their sustain is better than the sorc sustain.

Sorc has nothing for sustain, what you can really play it. Dark Deal isnt an Option in PvE, because it has Casttime, you'll loose DMG. But if you remove that, Stamsorc would be absolutly OP in PvP.

A Spammable isnt the right way i think, you have to balance such a new skill with all the old Skills in this game. And which one would you trade for it?

The only Way are the Passives...maybe you didnt need much Reg on a Sorc, Cost Reduction could be nice too

Leeching, Rune and Claw are not passives.

This thread is about passives and those aren't passives. Having passives that make up for the lack of an active skill is a really terrible idea balance wise. If the class has active sustain issues then address active sustain issues.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I noticed a loss of 180-200 health regen between live vs pts. Just another loss of synergy with TK. Getting 160 health back from a weapon ability is a sad replacement.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure what you mean it's super OP in PTS with Orc. I run an Orc StamSorc and here are my stats on live vs PTS with exact same character copy.

5f791blo1o2l.png

As you can see this is net loss in every department except cheaper Hurricane (has nothing to do with Orc race) and weapon damage. However even though weapon damage is slightly higher overall tooltip damage drops. The health recovery line for Orc is being removed and the Sprint speed passive isn't a huge thing because a medium armor StamSorc with hurricane is almost at movement speed cap while sprinting with major expedition (40% from sprint, 30% major expedition, 10% hurricane, 15% from 5 pieces of Medium armor. That's 95% right there. So you're missing out on 5% speed for cap. 2% is easily attainable from CP tree so really missing out on 3% movement speed for cap). If you run one swift or Steed you're already above movement speed cap and that is without the Orc sprint speed passive.

I dont think anything nerfed for sorc except implosion. Thats being said, you should have more weapon damage than currently getting in orc. Where did 258 weapon damage from Orc go ? There are huge multipliers on top of it. Purposefully not included or false info ? I am definitely getting better numbers than you have posted on Orc.

Also where is the comparison with other races ? Orc is definitely OP numbers than other races. Difference is pretty much noticeable in PVP. If set bonus is the criteria for race balance then ZOs is surely lying . ESO noobs streamers once again dictate combat balance ? When argonian made in line with other races why Orc is buffed ?
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 3, 2019 10:51PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Giving a realiable form of major fracture to stamsorc makes it a direct upgrade over stamDk. The existance of stamden is already bad enough for Dks, no ZOS shouldn't just throw free major fracture to every class in the game. If thats how we're gonna do things from now on I also want 3 separate damage passives for my Dk because I don't even have a single one.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 3, 2019 11:02PM
  • lokulin
    lokulin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those changes looking reasonable. I'd just want to make sure that whatever changes are made to bound armaments don't adversely affect PvE sorc tanking as well.
    I've hidden your signature.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

5f791blo1o2l.png

I dont think anything nerfed for sorc except implosion. Thats being said, you should have more weapon damage than currently getting in orc. Where did 258 weapon damage from Orc go ? There are huge multipliers on top of it. Purposefully not included or false info ? I am definitely getting better numbers than you have posted on Orc.

Also where is the comparison with other races ? Orc is definitely OP numbers than other races. Difference is pretty much noticeable in PVP. If set bonus is the criteria for race balance then ZOs is surely lying . ESO noobs streamers once again dictate combat balance ? When argonian made in line with other races why Orc is buffed ?

Those stats are with Clever Alch, Automatons, Blood Spawn (5 medium and 2 heavy). Two weapon damage enchants and one regen for jewelry traits. Dual wield weapons, one nirn one infused with weapon damage enchant on infused weapon and absorb stam on nirn weapon. Major Brutality up along with Clever Alch and Weapon Damage enchant all proc'd.

Yes weapon damage on the character sheet is going up by 258+ but Orc is having a net Stamina loss to the tune of 1.2k on my build and even more on builds that use more stamina, since we're losing % amps and moving to flat values. I'm simply report numbers that are showing up on my character sheet and tool tips. BUT this discussion is NOT about races and IS about Stamina Sorc passives. A class should not be balanced around a specific race anyways. So lets get back on topic here.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Typical_T_ReX
    Typical_T_ReX
    ✭✭✭

Nice X, but all I saw from that video was how slow you were having sources of major, minor expeditions, and forward momentum the longest lasting snare immunity in the game besides rapids. Something needs help lol.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is magic. Nothing about sorcery says stamina. Besides nobody likes stam sorc.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer is magic. Nothing about sorcery says stamina. Besides nobody likes stam sorc.

This is an elder scrolls game, spellswords are a thing. False, this thread wouldnt exist if people didnt care for stam sorcs
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO lore has a thing called a Battle Mage which is basically a StamSorc: https://elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Battlemage

Also, StamSorc is my favorite class to play in ESO.
    DC Zerg Busting
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

This is an elder scrolls game, spellswords are a thing. False, this thread wouldnt exist if people didnt care for stam sorcs

It's a sorcerer not a spellsword
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

It's a sorcerer not a spellsword

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Classes#Sorcerer

In the sorcerer description for TES I Arena, notice the ability to use any weapon and the restriction of only being able to wear leather or chain armor. I say get rid of all these robe wearing wizards that think they are sorcs.

On a more serious note, this game's class systems allows a stamina and magicka variant of each class. If you don't like that then this isn't the game for you.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube