The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

StamSorc by far has the least usable passives and buffs/debuffs and needs to be looked at

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else mentioned it already, but if they could create an Air Atronarch morph and have mirror Eye of the Storm as a mobile, AoE ultimate that would be awesome.

The mechanics are already there if you look at some of the Air Atronarch npcs when they do their spinning AoE attack. Just summon an Air Atronarch (or have player morph into one ala Necromancer) that goes into the spinning animation and does a 10-12m AoE for 10 seconds or whatever and follows the player around.

I also agree that a couple other active skills could easily have stamina morphs.
    Mage's Fury = Stamina version with execute and stamina restoration upon enemy death. Animation could be like a big down-draft of wind or something.

Lightning Flood = Cyclone that summons AoE tornado doing physical damage.

Crystal blast could be re-worked somehow, but otherwise I'm pretty content with most of the others.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Someone else mentioned it already, but if they could create an Air Atronarch morph and have mirror Eye of the Storm as a mobile, AoE ultimate that would be awesome.

The mechanics are already there if you look at some of the Air Atronarch npcs when they do their spinning AoE attack. Just summon an Air Atronarch (or have player morph into one ala Necromancer) that goes into the spinning animation and does a 10-12m AoE for 10 seconds or whatever and follows the player around.

THE ULTIMATE SPIN2WIN!!! :D
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on February 1, 2019 5:49PM
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A damage skill in dark magic would at least let them provide the passive group buff.
    Options
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just slot more weapon skills
    PCNA

Options
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    First and foremost, I skipped most this patch cycle so maybe I'm not entirely up to date.

Whatever they do, they should make sure the new passives fit both game modes. Sorc passives are already limited to certain play styles, it would be a shame if they change something and it turns out to only benefit pve or pvp. E.g. dark deal is still somewhat nice but nobody uses it in pve, and therefor no stam sorc uses exploitation.

Issues I have on top of that is that other classes get for free what we have to slot useless stuff for. Looking at you, Refreshing Shadows and Magick Flood. BA is of too limited use for my taste, still I slot it soley for the much needed passives. But also I wouldn't be too happy if they simply add another buff to it. Most of my pvp time felt like appling buffs without actually doing anything. The changes to FM and Maj Exp uptime made this even worse.

I think the issue why Zeni is so sluggish on reworking sorcs is because they put themselves with the back to the wall. Taking aways stuff, flat out nerfs and changes to mechanics forces heavy bar space issues on us, both in mag and stam.
    Only way to resolve this is by adding effects to our skills and I doubt the devs are in a mood to buff up several of these. Or the forum. Still baffled about the whining about an RNG passive in a game that is riddled with lucky procs, be it from sets or simple crits.

However, here is what I'd like to see changed. Although all of it together would be over the top.

Daedric Summoning
    Atro as melee AoE physical dmg morph - relocatable (like shifting standard)

Bound Armaments:
    - 1 morph for defensive purpose with longer block mitigation increase or Evasion buff as active and minor resolve/ward for being slotted
    - the other morph for offense, acting as a physical melee spam. like bound weapons from older TES games. Don't know, might add a minor (de-)buff too it as well. Would get the deadric protection passives into use on more builds.

Unstable Clannfear should scale on stamina. Might have to tweak the heal a bit.

Rebate should return whatever resource is higher on pet death.

Storm Calling
    Power Overload should deal physical damage - or grant the third bar again.

Hurricane should last 20 seconds for better resource management and/or have higher damage. The only players trying to avoid it are cloaking nbs or people under 15% health, but even that won't be the case after the next update.

Bolt Escape: add snare removal/2s immunity - still can't be spammed but at least it let's you somewhat maneuver around and softens the compulsion to slot shuffle or FM. Oh and fix the terrain issues.

Amplitude: 10% dmg from 100-90 etc.

Dark Magic
    Dark Deal: revert back to 1s. No reason to keep the long channel with the high instant return nerfed

Crystal Blast: stamina, phyiscal dmg burst projectile with short/melee range with a cast time. Can be procced for instant cast + "AoE" aspect.
    What I mean with AoE is that it jumps from one target to the next every 0.5s for 2-3 times in a mid-range area with reduced damage after each jump. So you can at least make use of Blood Magic + Exploitation.

Curse: yep, I'd be fine with a stam version like many mentioned. Curse, (Frags), Crit Rush, Dawnbreaker, Execute is something I've done on hybrids and I'd love to see it become viable. Although I think that it should be either Curse or Frags but not both.
    Options
  • Grom4e
    Grom4e
    ✭✭
    I agree that Stam Sorc needs to be looked at, but not fully in line with your suggestions. I main a stam sorc and am mostly PvE, though I hold my own in PvP too. I love the lightning/storm theme of the class, and I always prefer melee builds in games, so stam sorc means a lot to me.

Stam sorcs imo, are all about buffing themselves right now. Bound Armaments, Crit Surge, Hurricane: all buff type abilities. They need more active abilities, and maybe those active abilities should apply the major/minor buffs/debuffs that Stam Sorc is severely lacking. Some very important ones they’re lacking now are major/minor fracture, minor berserk, major savagery.

Another thing that they lack - in my opinion is unique flavor. They have hurricane which is visible, but very passive. Crit surge, bound armaments, dark deal are all very passive and not thematically impactful imo.

My suggestion: double down on the fun, badass lightning warrior theme, while making the combat more engaging and dynamic.

•Change the unused morph of crystal fragments into a stamina version that procs off of stamina skills. With more lightning visuals! Instead of a crystal, shoot a single bolt of electricity at a target(like the Storm Atronach’s attack, but a single hit). So you could use cast time lightning bolts and/or procced instant lightning bolts, just as Crystal Frags currently works. More sorc theme added and more engaging combat added with one change. Pleeeease.

•Combine the two magicka morphs of Mage’s Fury into one with both effects(just slightly lessened). Make the other morph a stamina version. Either a spammable or an execute. Both ability types would work well. This would also allow stam sorcs to show off their inherent theme more by using lightning effectively in combat.

•A mobile, physical damage Air Atronach ultimate in Daedric Summoning is a wonderful idea.

This could open up so much variety in both PvE and PvP for stam sorcs. If you don’t like an ability, there are other choices already in the game, but more options are better in this case. It would give so much more flavor to my favorite class, which it’s severely lacking atm.

I don’t propose these with the intention of taking anything away from mag sorcs, so if my proposed changes would negatively affect my mag brothers and sisters in any way, let me know how you’d change it.

Instead of polishing classes, they remove our favorite abilities and make new characters, they need sales ! Hello necromancer
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Lightning flood to a stam aoe
    ATreeGnome wrote: »
    Speaking purely from a PvE viewpoint, I'd like to see a stamina morph of Lightning Splash. If stam sorcs can offer a synergy for more Alkosh uptime they will be a lot more desirable in trials without giving them too much of a direct buff to their damage.

Let's be realistic, stam sorcs and other stam classes for that matter, will never get a ranged aoe dot. They are reserved for magicka. ZOS designed it that way and you can bet the Necromancer is following suit.

Stam DD's ranged aoe dot's are Volley and Caltrops.

Mag DD's ranged aoe dot's are Wall of Elements and 1 class aoe dot.

The passives are also great for a DD role. If you think otherwise you need to look at how the passives on Stam Warden behave. The only passive that needs a rework is Rebate now, along with possibly expert summoner (unless they change Clanfear or add an Air Atro.)

What we need is options, group support and buff/debuff access.
    • Rework to bolt escape, broken, horrible in snare meta, not satisfying, breaks momentum, way to costly to stack.
    • At least 1 physical ultimate. Air Atro would be perfect, don't give it a dumb skill animation that can be interrupted, give it passive aoe like hurricane. I see people suggest overload, but honestly.. power overload should change in to a tank ability. Tanks have NOTHING, it would be usable by a stam sorc, but it wouldn't be DD focused.
    • With air atro, more group support, maybe major berserk effects 2 people instead of 1 or the duration is longer for the 1 person. Decrease cost morph so we could provide it more often. ANYTHING that buffs group utility.
    • 1 of any of these: Spammable, Cleave DOT, execute.
    • Fix Clanfear, buff it's tooltip dmg slightly, make it scale off max resource, whatever is higher. Keeps it as magicka cost for tank utility, slight increase to dmg will make it nice to use for an off meta stam DD build like bow/bow which currently lacks range, even DK's have FoO. Giving 2-4k dps would be worth it, but not make it a must have.
    • With stam pets from above ^, make crit surge and morphs heal pets for half.
    • A way to proc Exploitation for group support or Blood Magic for self support. Crystal Blast changed to a burst mechanic for stam DD would be great. Acting like DK's FoO as previously mentioned would be really nice.
    • A way to access 2 of any of these buffs/debuffs: Major Fracture or major savagery (redundant with pots, so why the ef not.) Minor endurance, minor berserk.
    • Change bound armaments to bound daedric weapons: Think any other elder scrolls game, imbues your weapons with major fracture + +8% max sta + 11% light attack dmg. 33 second duration. By making it a duration skill, you would no longer need to double slot it giving a bit more flexibility back bar. Block mitigation +20% for being slotted.
    Cries wrote: »
    Finally the new passive should be passive minor berserk, 8% damage at all times instead of 10% to 1%.

BAD idea. Amplitude is a unique buff, it stacks with minor berserk. Why would you ever want to trade that.

Edited by MashmalloMan on February 2, 2019 9:19AM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread title is a bit over the top. Stam Sorc has amazing passives available to it - Stam Sorc suffers from having very little class damage.
    Options
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    This thread title is a bit over the top. Stam Sorc has amazing passives available to it - Stam Sorc suffers from having very little class damage.

Yep. I'm happy with the passive side of things, it's the only reason it does well with next to no class abilities.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
    Options
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    Lightning flood to a stam aoe
    ATreeGnome wrote: »
    Speaking purely from a PvE viewpoint, I'd like to see a stamina morph of Lightning Splash. If stam sorcs can offer a synergy for more Alkosh uptime they will be a lot more desirable in trials without giving them too much of a direct buff to their damage.

Let's be realistic, stam sorcs and other stam classes for that matter, will never get a ranged aoe dot. They are reserved for magicka. ZOS designed it that way and you can bet the Necromancer is following suit.

Stam DD's ranged aoe dot's are Volley and Caltrops.

Mag DD's ranged aoe dot's are Wall of Elements and 1 class aoe dot.

The passives are also great for a DD role. If you think otherwise you need to look at how the passives on Stam Warden behave. The only passive that needs a rework is Rebate now, along with possibly expert summoner (unless they change Clanfear or add an Air Atro.)

What we need is options, group support and buff/debuff access.
    • Rework to bolt escape, broken, horrible in snare meta, not satisfying, breaks momentum, way to costly to stack.
    • At least 1 physical ultimate. Air Atro would be perfect, don't give it a dumb skill animation that can be interrupted, give it passive aoe like hurricane. I see people suggest overload, but honestly.. power overload should change in to a tank ability. Tanks have NOTHING, it would be usable by a stam sorc, but it wouldn't be DD focused.
    • With air atro, more group support, maybe major berserk effects 2 people instead of 1 or the duration is longer for the 1 person. Decrease cost morph so we could provide it more often. ANYTHING that buffs group utility.
    • 1 of any of these: Spammable, Cleave DOT, execute.
    • Fix Clanfear, buff it's tooltip dmg slightly, make it scale off max resource, whatever is higher. Keeps it as magicka cost for tank utility, slight increase to dmg will make it nice to use for an off meta stam DD build like bow/bow which currently lacks range, even DK's have FoO. Giving 2-4k dps would be worth it, but not make it a must have.
    • With stam pets from above ^, make crit surge and morphs heal pets for half.
    • A way to proc Exploitation for group support or Blood Magic for self support. Crystal Blast changed to a burst mechanic for stam DD would be great. Acting like DK's FoO as previously mentioned would be really nice.
    • A way to access 2 of any of these buffs/debuffs: Major Fracture or major savagery (redundant with pots, so why the ef not.) Minor endurance, minor berserk.
    • Change bound armaments to bound daedric weapons: Think any other elder scrolls game, imbues your weapons with major fracture + +8% max sta + 11% light attack dmg. 33 second duration. By making it a duration skill, you would no longer need to double slot it giving a bit more flexibility back bar. Block mitigation +20% for being slotted.
    Cries wrote: »
    Finally the new passive should be passive minor berserk, 8% damage at all times instead of 10% to 1%.

BAD idea. Amplitude is a unique buff, it stacks with minor berserk. Why would you ever want to trade that.

B/C Amplitude comes out to be 2.5-5% dmg increase and you will never, ever have a 100% uptime on minor beserk w/o being on a warden or a nightblade.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
    Options
  • Destary
    Destary
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

B/C Amplitude comes out to be 2.5-5% dmg increase and you will never, ever have a 100% uptime on minor beserk w/o being on a warden or a nightblade.

Yup. From my testing on PTS an ~18k tool tip DB on a full health target is a bit lack luster. Especially with Battle Spirit cutting the damage.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can the developers give us a rework of Rebate? This passive is completely useless to everyone now except maybe for a mag sorc in pvp. It barely does anything even when it's working.

It is also pretty annoying for stam sorcs in pvp to slot Daedric summoning abilities for the Daedric Protection passive. Compare that to the NB variation of the same passive and they don't have to slot anything and get 15% of everything.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on February 2, 2019 7:30PM
    Options
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc needs an offensive stam skill, just having hurricane as passive dmg and having to only use weapon skills is really boring, but they are gonna have to add a 6th skill to one of the lines or something because i don't see curse or frags becoming a stam skill, it's just too "magicky". Also make Daedric Protection give the 20% stam rec all the time not just for slotting a daedric summoning skill because bar space is a big issue.
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    All he need is a little bit more sustain or costreduction from his passives...DMG would come with more LAs in Rota.
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on February 2, 2019 9:28PM
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All he need is a little bit more sustain or costreduction from his passives...DMG would come with more LAs in Rota.

It has 5% cost reduction and 20% Stam recovery from passives. That is why higher than anything else passive wise.
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

It has 5% cost reduction and 20% Stam recovery from passives. That is why higher than anything else passive wise.

Yeah, but it actualy isnt helping much on the 6 million Dummy....you have to do 3-5 HAs sometimes with Raidsetup to sustain it on Live
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on February 2, 2019 9:35PM
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    I'll start by saying I've played my StamSorc as my main (primarily PvP but also some PvE) for nearly two years now. StamSorc as it sits on live right now I feel is in a pretty good place overall in the games current meta, at least for PvP. It is far from the best Stam class, but is not nearly as under powered as a lot of people make the class out to be. I feel there just needs to be some slight tweaking and the class can be very close to on par with the top Stam classes. My two largest concerns are from the lack of applicable passives available to it along with lack of buffs/debuffs compared to other classes. When you combine these two categories StamSorc is severely lacking.

Lets look at all the Stam classes in ESO and compare what classes have passives that are and are not applicable to a STAMINA based characters. I'm primarily looking at this from PvP side of things in terms of what is "normal" to be slotted. However most of it is still applicable to PvE as well. Also the excuse of "Sorc isn't a Stam class" doesn't fly. All classes can be played as Stamina or Magicka. Plus in ESO lore there is a thing called a Battle Mage which is a perfect example of a StamSorc.

StamSorc: Dark Magic, Blood Magic is useless unless you're a negate StamSorc running the damage morph and Exploitation is only useful for group buffs. So 2 of the 4 passives here aren't really applicable. Daedric Summoning, Rebate & Expert Summoner is useless and Daedric Protection is almost useless since bar space is at a premium with the 3rd Overload bar being removed it is hard to justify Bound Armor or wasting an Ultimate slot on your bar for Atro can be hard to justify. However I will count it as an applicable passive.. (8/12 applicable, or 7/12 applicable if you don't have Bound Armor slotted)

StamDK: Every single DK passive can be applicable to a StamDK. (12/12 applicable)

StamBlade: Every passive in Assassination & Shadow is applicable to a Stamblade, and three of the four passives in Siphoning are up in the air depending whether or not a Stamblade is using Leeching Strikes/Siphoning Attacks or Power Extraction. (9/12 applicable but possibly 12/12 applicable)

Stamplar: Every passive in Aedric Spear is applicable to a Stamplar, In Dawn's Wrath, Enduring Rays and Illuminate aren't really applicable to a Stamplar, although Illuminate a group buff for your group members but for the sake of this I'll say it isn't applicable. In Restoring Light, all are applicable, but one could make the argument that Light Weaver really isn't applicable unless the Stamplar is running Remembrance back bar, so let's say it isn't applicable. (9/12 applicable but possibly 10/12 applicable)

Stamden: Animal Companions, Bound with nature is really the only non applicable passive in this line. Winters Embrace, Piercing Cold isn't that applicable to a Stamden however since Stamdens do use Permafrost a lot that 6% damage is a nice buff to that, so I'll call it applicable. Green Balance, since Stamdens run Soothing Spores a lot in PvP every passive here is applicable. (11/12 applicable passives).

Based on passives alone, StamSorc is clearly at the bottom, this wouldn't be such a large problem if they had a ton of Buffs/Debuffs in their tool kit. However this isn't the case and StamSorc has the least amount of Buffs/Debuffs in their tool kit. I think the best bang for the buck change for StamSorc is to make Bound Armaments apply a specific buff or debuff that is actually useful, possibly making your next light attack apply major fracture to the target OR when activated it gives Minor Brutality or possibly Minor Berserk. Not only would this give StamSorc access to another buff/debuff but it would also make justifying Bound Armaments to get the Daedric Protection passive worthwhile.

In terms of reworking the other class passives, I would be open to ideas but at this point any sort of useful passive would be welcomed.

Yes a class "spammable" would be nice. However I really don't think it would be necessary if the class passives and buffs/debuffs it had access to were tweaked.

Agree 100%. Been saying this forever. We don't need a spammable we need a kit that accomdates the stam option way more. We need passives and ultis. We have 0 debuffs. We are incomplete.
    Options
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, but it actualy isnt helping much on the 6 million Dummy....you have to do 3-5 HAs sometimes with Raidsetup to sustain it on Live

In regards to passives how is that not helping much? NB get 15% regen, Templar gets a pathetic 4% cost redux, DK gets a redux to poison skills, the very miserable earthen heart passive and Battle Roar, warden get 12% and some regen if they are healing a friendly.

In regards to passives, Stam Sorc is far ahead of the pack. Stam Sorc has other regen issues, but it's not tied to "lackluster" passives, nor is it's "lackluster" damage passives wherein it outshines everything but Stamplar by a country mile.
    Options
  • EpicRekkoning
    EpicRekkoning
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agree stam sorcs need some love. I just posted these ideas in another thread. It's funny that there are so many threads on stam sorcs, but nothing is done...

Here are some ideas for air:
    - air skills in general have a chance to set targets off balance (gusts of wind can stagger people)
    - powered overload becomes a morph that does physical damage. Shoots gusts of wind from hands (light attachs) and a large cone gust (heavy). Reduced light and heavy attack range (5m), but increased damage by up to 50% the closer to the target.
    - one of the morphs of lightning splash can be converted to a stamina skill (tornado)
    - one morph of bolt escape changed so that the player dashes like a gust of wind that staggers and interrupts targets; player doesn't travel as far.
    - daedric summoning tree changed to Conjuration Master
    - air atro is a must. Swirls around with many swords doing large aoe damage with a chance to cause targets to bleed
    - unstable clanfear change to deal physical damage
    - change twighlight tormentors to a durzog, physical damage and causes target to bleed.
    - harden ward becomes a stam shield and increases the physical damage of pets by x% while slotted
    - change Dark Magic tree to Mystic Arts
    - change crystal blast to a wind burst; cone attack that does x physical damage and a reduced by x% per additional target hit. Sets targets off balanced
    - change daedric tomb to a stam ability (not sure how this one will look)
    Options
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭

In regards to passives how is that not helping much? NB get 15% regen, Templar gets a pathetic 4% cost redux, DK gets a redux to poison skills, the very miserable earthen heart passive and Battle Roar, warden get 12% and some regen if they are healing a friendly.

In regards to passives, Stam Sorc is far ahead of the pack. Stam Sorc has other regen issues, but it's not tied to "lackluster" passives, nor is it's "lackluster" damage passives wherein it outshines everything but Stamplar by a country mile.

NB got Leeching Strikes, Templar Focus and DK has his Battleroar and the Claw to sustain. They work in different ways and their sustain is better than the sorc sustain.

Sorc has nothing for sustain, what you can really play it. Dark Deal isnt an Option in PvE, because it has Casttime, you'll loose DMG. But if you remove that, Stamsorc would be absolutly OP in PvP.

A Spammable isnt the right way i think, you have to balance such a new skill with all the old Skills in this game. And which one would you trade for it?

The only Way are the Passives...maybe you didnt need much Reg on a Sorc, Cost Reduction could be nice too
    Love my Stamsorc
    Options
  • KaiDynasty
    KaiDynasty
    ✭✭✭
    Everyclass has unused passives based on the role they play. Also some passives are way stronger than others and sorc in general has really good passives.
    Edited by KaiDynasty on February 3, 2019 8:48AM
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stansorc honestly need some love

been nerfed every patch

it does not need much but with the loss of synergy with dots builds (implosion) it needs some love
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 3, 2019 9:06AM
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, plz buff stam sorc. Since I have one, I don't care if it becomes broken. I need an ez mode next patch.
    Options
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭
    Imo, if nightblade and warden have their own source of both major fracture and minor berserk combined with easy sustain management from netch and leeching/siphoning strikes then every class should.. it just seems like too huge an advantage. For stamsorcs sustain, dark deal is a channeled ability which costs us loads of time and is a DPS loss, and let's face it, it is just not fun to play when you have to use that skill. Why would you play a stamsorcs as a new player when you have no fracture, berserk or reasonable sustain. You would just play a stamblade and pull a full LA rotation instead of struggling to not do at least 1 HA every rotation on a stamsorc. Dark deal right now is just awful. Magsorcs could also benefit from the sustain.. I play from a pve perspective so don't know how some of this might affect pvp
    Options
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snare immunity on streak. That one change would free up bar space allowing the stam sorc opportunity to slot more damage or sustain and fix the mobility issue. With the way streak works it would hopefully not have the buggy loss of immunity issues shuffle has. It would also make up for the fact Stam sorc doesn't have the pressure and burst other classes do by returning them back to their place of top mobility and sustain.

Edit: snare AND ROOT immunity. Should be at minimum 4 seconds. The top mobility class which is still stuck doing most of it's damage in melee range should not be completely shut down by root spam.
    Edited by barshemm on February 3, 2019 1:39PM
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll start by saying I've played my StamSorc as my main (primarily PvP but also some PvE) for nearly two years now. StamSorc as it sits on live right now I feel is in a pretty good place overall in the games current meta, at least for PvP. It is far from the best Stam class, but is not nearly as under powered as a lot of people make the class out to be. I feel there just needs to be some slight tweaking and the class can be very close to on par with the top Stam classes. My two largest concerns are from the lack of applicable passives available to it along with lack of buffs/debuffs compared to other classes. When you combine these two categories StamSorc is severely lacking.

Lets look at all the Stam classes in ESO and compare what classes have passives that are and are not applicable to a STAMINA based characters. I'm primarily looking at this from PvP side of things in terms of what is "normal" to be slotted. However most of it is still applicable to PvE as well. Also the excuse of "Sorc isn't a Stam class" doesn't fly. All classes can be played as Stamina or Magicka. Plus in ESO lore there is a thing called a Battle Mage which is a perfect example of a StamSorc.

StamSorc: Dark Magic, Blood Magic is useless unless you're a negate StamSorc running the damage morph and Exploitation is only useful for group buffs. So 2 of the 4 passives here aren't really applicable. Daedric Summoning, Rebate & Expert Summoner is useless and Daedric Protection is almost useless since bar space is at a premium with the 3rd Overload bar being removed it is hard to justify Bound Armor or wasting an Ultimate slot on your bar for Atro can be hard to justify. However I will count it as an applicable passive.. (8/12 applicable, or 7/12 applicable if you don't have Bound Armor slotted)

StamDK: Every single DK passive can be applicable to a StamDK. (12/12 applicable)

StamBlade: Every passive in Assassination & Shadow is applicable to a Stamblade, and three of the four passives in Siphoning are up in the air depending whether or not a Stamblade is using Leeching Strikes/Siphoning Attacks or Power Extraction. (9/12 applicable but possibly 12/12 applicable)

Stamplar: Every passive in Aedric Spear is applicable to a Stamplar, In Dawn's Wrath, Enduring Rays and Illuminate aren't really applicable to a Stamplar, although Illuminate a group buff for your group members but for the sake of this I'll say it isn't applicable. In Restoring Light, all are applicable, but one could make the argument that Light Weaver really isn't applicable unless the Stamplar is running Remembrance back bar, so let's say it isn't applicable. (9/12 applicable but possibly 10/12 applicable)

Stamden: Animal Companions, Bound with nature is really the only non applicable passive in this line. Winters Embrace, Piercing Cold isn't that applicable to a Stamden however since Stamdens do use Permafrost a lot that 6% damage is a nice buff to that, so I'll call it applicable. Green Balance, since Stamdens run Soothing Spores a lot in PvP every passive here is applicable. (11/12 applicable passives).

Based on passives alone, StamSorc is clearly at the bottom, this wouldn't be such a large problem if they had a ton of Buffs/Debuffs in their tool kit. However this isn't the case and StamSorc has the least amount of Buffs/Debuffs in their tool kit. I think the best bang for the buck change for StamSorc is to make Bound Armaments apply a specific buff or debuff that is actually useful, possibly making your next light attack apply major fracture to the target OR when activated it gives Minor Brutality or possibly Minor Berserk. Not only would this give StamSorc access to another buff/debuff but it would also make justifying Bound Armaments to get the Daedric Protection passive worthwhile.

In terms of reworking the other class passives, I would be open to ideas but at this point any sort of useful passive would be welcomed.

Yes a class "spammable" would be nice. However I really don't think it would be necessary if the class passives and buffs/debuffs it had access to were tweaked.

Stamsorc is pretty much fine in PVP especially damage wise definitely top tier. Stam sorc on Orcs are definitely ZOs need to look at nerf. They are OP as ***. Why Orcs have so many passives when compared to other races ? Orcs nearly 30 percent more utilities than other races. Orcs have to be in line with other races , before doing anything with stamsorc.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 3, 2019 3:58PM
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirNom wrote: »
    Imo, if nightblade and warden have their own source of both major fracture and minor berserk combined with easy sustain management from netch and leeching/siphoning strikes then every class should.. it just seems like too huge an advantage. For stamsorcs sustain, dark deal is a channeled ability which costs us loads of time and is a DPS loss, and let's face it, it is just not fun to play when you have to use that skill. Why would you play a stamsorcs as a new player when you have no fracture, berserk or reasonable sustain. You would just play a stamblade and pull a full LA rotation instead of struggling to not do at least 1 HA every rotation on a stamsorc. Dark deal right now is just awful. Magsorcs could also benefit from the sustain.. I play from a pve perspective so don't know how some of this might affect pvp

I can understand how dark deal lacks in pve but I really hope they don't nerf it again because in my opinion it's the best thing we have for pvp. We aren't tanky and lack the defence to stay in the fight when being pressured so usually stamsorc uses it's speed (now only a small 10%) and uses los to help with survivability, and being able to use dark deal without the need to stay aggressive is really helpful.
    Options
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamsorc is pretty much fine in PVP especially damage wise definitely top tier. Stam sorc on Orcs are definitely ZOs need to look at nerf. They are OP as ***. Why Orcs have so many passives when compared to other races ? Orcs nearly 30 percent more utilities than other races. Orcs have to be in line with other races , before doing anything with stamsorc.

How are stamsorcs top tier damage? We have hurricane, thats it, and to get the most out of that you need to basically facetank your enemies while it ticks. When stamden is minor berserk, major fracture, more weapon damage and an extra burst skill to much more easily one shot, then stamblade has major fracture, major defile, a hard hitting burst skill and 28% more dmaging when bursting. Both of these are just much better than stamsorc damage. In fact the only damaging thing about stamsorcs is it using proc sets and bleeds and neither of them come from class.

Edited by Crixus8000 on February 3, 2019 4:10PM
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

How are stamsorcs top tier damage? We have hurricane, thats it, and to get the most out of that you need to basically facetank your enemies while it ticks. When stamden is minor berserk, major fracture, more weapon damage and an extra burst skill to much more easily one shot, then stamblade has major fracture, major defile, a hard hitting burst skill and 28% more dmaging when bursting. Both of these are just much better than stamsorc damage. In fact the only damaging thing about stamsorcs is it using proc sets and bleeds and neither of them come from class.

Stamsorcs are top tier on orcs in PVP. Stamsorcs on other races are pretty much fine. Dont just go by damage alone. Thats not made Argonian DKs super OP and unkillable tanks and kill at will. Again its not stamsorc thing. Its Orc need to look at. You cannot have better mobility and have same damage level. With Crit Surge and hurricane Stamsorc on orc set up is unkillable when running around objects especially with streak. Better mobility than other classes is fine. 258 weapon damage from orc is not balanced. Its OP. Its 2.5K health tick every second on top of vigor with mobility and same level of damage. Stamsorcs have access to weapon skills to debuffs. Its not something completely inaccessible as cloak.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on February 3, 2019 4:39PM
    Options