Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why don't more people complain about invisibility as a spammable means to completely cancel damage?

• waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    steven22 wrote: »
    Everyone here is speaking about gank blades, bow blades and Not really about cloak itself. So whats really the issue- cloak or sniper/ ganker?
    moltzdc wrote: »
    Shade + cloak is really broken

Shade is broken in a negative way, yes. It needs a fix.
    And shade is more important than cloak ... Interesting point: cloak was much better in the past than now ( purge) but yeah . We will see what is going to be happen

@steven22 As a stamblade main and longtime forumblade I can confirm this is true and nuts. I practically died when they announced the change that shade did not require a target to cast, as it is that change which makes shade devastatingly effective when used with forethought.

Now, there is a good rationale for that change to shade: the change was done because shade was almost impossible to use in active combat, given how players move so unpredictably, but I'm sure that developers (@ZOS_Gilliam) would be open to some sort of middle ground between no target required and active combat required for shade.

In the meantime everyone, if you're having trouble with a squirrely blade, FIND THE SHADE AND CAMP IT with an ultimate ready. The blade will return to its hole eventually.
    Edited by waitwhat on January 30, 2019 2:12AM
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP can’t figure out that his real problem is snipe, not cloak.

Cloak in melee range has so many counters it’s actually a very weak defense against anyone with any ae.

The reason players whine so much about cloak is that the counters are not as understandable as someone flapping wings, stacking shields, or block casting heals.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect many of us learn to use the skills given to use to pull players out of stealth.

I have to say it is fun pulling a nightblade out of stealth and killing them. I suggest learning how to use the counters rather than asking the game to be nerfed to your playstyle
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Cloak itself is NOT the issue. Magblades are NOT the issue.

Stamblade however. Medium armor passives however and some medium armors itself.

Cloak works fine, and so do detection potions.

But combine cloak with stamblade, a very mobile hard hitting class.
    Add medium armor passives, which reduce stealth detection 5 % per piece.
    Then add medium armor sets that reduce stealth detection even more, and yes.. Cloak is suddenly OP.

But it's not cloak. It's everything medium armor and stamblade does.

Best post yet on this topic. Cloak by itself is not the problem. The problem is that the guys using it are deleting you with 20K Onslaughts or whatever before you even have time to react. That's not fun, and it needs to be removed from the game.

Cloak needs to be restricted to defensive uses. Maybe if it put a substantial damage debuff on the caster for 4 seconds so it couldn't be used for OP sneak attacks?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow we are actually getting into some good discussion about what the real issues are, aka not cloak.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One solution to cloak could be....

Cloak:
    REQUIRES 5 PIECES OF LIGHT ARMOR EQUIPPED.

Stamblades have their dodge roll and vigor to get away. Snipers won't cloak but can run away. They still have the element of suprise using crouch (stealth), but after that it's fight or flight.

Magblades (mainly the melee) won't be hurt.

@ZOS_GinaBruno winner winner, chicken dinner. We can do this next update so this topic and all the 100 others can be closed
    Edited by Knootewoot on January 30, 2019 8:27AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • EdoKeledus
    EdoKeledus
    ✭✭✭
    I've stopped to complain about that, the forum is full of cloakblade/bowtard, the only thing I can do is teabaging them IG to show my dissatisfaction.
    DC PC EU Vivec
    Daggerfall Convenant Loyalist

• Merlight
    Merlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamblade however. Medium armor passives however and some medium armors itself.
    Agreed. Detection area reduction on Medium armor should go. Replace it with Health recovery for the lulz. And then maybe give 5/10% detect-area reduction to NB passive (e.g. Dark Veil), they're the stealthy class after all.
    EU ‣ Wabbajack nostalgic ‣ Blackwater Blade defender ‣ Kyne wanderer
    The offspring of the root of all evil in ESO by DeanTheCat
    Why ESO needs a monthly subscription
    When an MMO is designed around a revenue model rather than around fun, it doesn’t have a long-term future.Richard A. Bartle
    Their idea of transparent, at least when it comes to communication, bears a striking resemblance to a block of coal.lordrichter
    ... in the balance of power between the accountants and marketing types against the artists, developers and those who generally want to build and run a good game then that balance needs to always be in favour of the latter - because the former will drag the game into the ground for every last bean they can squeeze out of it.Santie Claws
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One solution to cloak could be....

Cloak:
    REQUIRES 5 PIECES OF LIGHT ARMOR EQUIPPED.

Stamblades have their dodge roll and vigor to get away. Snipers won't cloak but can run away. They still have the element of suprise using crouch (stealth), but after that it's fight or flight.

Magblades (mainly the melee) won't be hurt.

@ZOS_GinaBruno winner winner, chicken dinner. We can do this next update so this topic and all the 100 others can be closed

This is actually perfect tbh. Mag NB isn't the problem it is stam NB. The fact that they can get 5k weapon attack stealth guarantee a critical and stun you isn't enough? Oh then you can add in the armor pen they get to drastically lower your armor rating lol. Forumblades always trying to defend their playstyle and say it's fair SMH dead before you even engage isn't fair :wink:
  • Nellzer
    Nellzer
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, people are still complaining about cloak? Almost every MMO out there has a class that can stealth.. in fact, ESO's version of 'stealth' is rather weak compared to other games where you can perma-stealth. It really isn't that big of a deal in general, nor is it a big deal in ESO.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only two issues I have with Cloak is the guaranteed dodge window and how it interacts with detection, and general methods of detecting.

The Sentry set rework was beautiful a step in the right direction. I'd prefer to see maybe another 1 or 2 and for Expert Hunter to be buffed. In regards to the forced miss, I understand it must be in place to disjoint some travel/channel abilities, but if I detect my opponent, my to-hit rating should be like infinity.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »
    People complain about it all the time. People complain about cloak in general.

people must have tired of pointing out core flaws in the game then, because I haven't seen much bashing on it among the usual topics

The forumblades are strong....and like to keep the focus on MagSorc regardless!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are complaining. But the forum is run by stamblades and you can imagine it doesn't sit well with them.

The main problem would be to somehow disentangle the mitigation from the invisibility for magblades, else they will be too squishy. Stamblades would be fine without cloak though. In fact, they will finally be brough back in line by finally taking away the ability to perma-dodge. They are pretty much the only class that can still perma-dodge and it is broken AF - there is a reason dodge has the cost increase.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    I mean lets be honest if you are playing with invis in a duel you are the big gay. But open world, solo, its ok to run cloak you should use the toolkit zos gave you to your advantage vs people that rely on a group to do everything for them. And if you get killed by one nightblade when you had at least one other person with you then take the L son all it takes to kill most builds is one other person.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

remove cloak and 50% of your playerbase to say the least will disappear

is it not magnificent? I mean, just pure Ilussion School

no its not. i doubt that there are so many pvpers in the game. 50% of 2% of playerbase is more realistic. 99% of this 50% will eat nerf and adapt.

Yes, it is. Given the nonsensical and non-asked-for latest changes in Murkmire (and all the previous ones), if they nerf cloak it'll mean the final nail in the coffin for ESO for many players. Why? most of their playerbase will realize ESO devs don't know or care *** about them or their own game.

There's a lot of countermeasures against cloak but potato players have to go full potato and prove they'll remain potatoes.
    Why don't you NERFwagoners ask for BUFFs for your class instead and stop *** around??

The only real counter to a snipe spammer trying to gank you from a distance is dk wings. It is a great feeling when you see a projectile you didn't know was coming reflect back and kill the nb lolol

Lol if 50% of the population quit pvp because they can't cloak it would actually show how pathetic you guys really are.

Many classes have had to deal with so many nerfs. Templar and dk been nerfed so many times because of the community and yet they just adapted and are good.

Sorcs got streak and shields nerfed and adapted.

So you are telling me you couldn't adapt to a Nerf to your class because you can't see the move is so stupid? Lol

My recommendation is to remove cloak so you can't hide but instead nightblades should get evasion back so you have a 25% Dodge chance. You guys would keep elusiveness and still have a class skill the is exclusive to just you.

It would put an end to these stupid gank builds that take all skill out of the game and it makes it so every class can actually fight.

You guys don't get it, what I'm trying to make you understand is we don't need more nerfs, enough is enough already. If you can't fight against nightblades in their current state is clearly a l2p issue, sorry. And yeah, removing cloak would be the most stupid move from ZoS they could possibly make, a nightblade without invisibility is a watered-down brawler and we have plenty of them from other classes.

Murkmire made me leave for 5 and a half months, out of anger and frustation. The patch that comes removing cloak, knowing beforehand it came from whining posts like this one, I would definitely quit and they can stick their necromancer up to their ***

So glad to see you don't understand the power a NB can have with cloak lol. You think this is okay. Cloak snipe light attack cloak snipe and instant profit. Wait the otk didn't work and he sees me let me cloak and hide lol. Wait he found me and almost killed me cloak Dodge vigor rally cloak full health let me try to gank again. No other class can reset a fight like NB. Sorcs could but streak got nerfed.

So me surviving a NB over and over trying to gank and stunning me is a l2p issue. What I think the real l2p issue here is that nightblades been using cheese tactics since launch all involving cloak. I deal with my nerfs as a Templar and a dk. Even now a popular topic is to Nerf healing again because a lot of people can't 1 shot a healing class lol.

You are out of your mind if your going to be tell me that nb doesn't need a change. I'm glad you need a crutch to lean on because you can't or don't want to actually do a fight against another player 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You just want the illussion you are good at the game so you can make yourself feel better at night. Go YouTube some night blade gank videos you will see Sooooooo many one shots to players and guess what? All of them involve cloak :wink:

There's my evidence now where is yours that cloak shouldn't be nerfed other than crying? Lol

Bro I can’t believe you’re complaining about bowtards lol. They are literally free kills to anyone with headphones who knows how to counter them. When you hear snipe, dodge roll, look at the arch to find it’s origin. Next if the sniper hasn’t cloaked, stun him or get close to his origin. You say you play a Templar and dk. So dk has wings and some aoe skills. Templar has jabs and a ranged stun. All of these are great tools to narrowing down the location of the sniper and keeping them out of stealth. Especially on a Templar, you can just spear stun them and jab them till they die as the spam cloak. Because yes, most gankers aren’t skilled nb players, they rely on cloak. So if you can negate cloak...you win. It’s so easy
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complain about any Ability they have not figured out how to counter. Just have a look through the forum for all the nerf threads.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turn up your volume. Skills like cloak, snipe, etcetera can be heard. As for cloak, it's loud. Pay attention.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

no its not. i doubt that there are so many pvpers in the game. 50% of 2% of playerbase is more realistic. 99% of this 50% will eat nerf and adapt.

Yes, it is. Given the nonsensical and non-asked-for latest changes in Murkmire (and all the previous ones), if they nerf cloak it'll mean the final nail in the coffin for ESO for many players. Why? most of their playerbase will realize ESO devs don't know or care *** about them or their own game.

There's a lot of countermeasures against cloak but potato players have to go full potato and prove they'll remain potatoes.
    Why don't you NERFwagoners ask for BUFFs for your class instead and stop *** around??

The only real counter to a snipe spammer trying to gank you from a distance is dk wings. It is a great feeling when you see a projectile you didn't know was coming reflect back and kill the nb lolol

Lol if 50% of the population quit pvp because they can't cloak it would actually show how pathetic you guys really are.

Many classes have had to deal with so many nerfs. Templar and dk been nerfed so many times because of the community and yet they just adapted and are good.

So you are telling me you couldn't adapt to a Nerf to your class because you can't see the move is so stupid? Lol

My recommendation is to remove cloak so you can't hide but instead nightblades should get evasion back so you have a 25% Dodge chance. You guys would keep elusiveness and still have a class skill the is exclusive to just you.

It would put an end to these stupid gank builds that take all skill out of the game and it makes it so every class can actually fight.

You guys don't get it, what I'm trying to make you understand is we don't need more nerfs, enough is enough already. If you can't fight against nightblades in their current state is clearly a l2p issue, sorry. And yeah, removing cloak would be the most stupid move from ZoS they could possibly make, a nightblade without invisibility is a watered-down brawler and we have plenty of them from other classes.

Murkmire made me leave for 5 and a half months, out of anger and frustation. The patch that comes removing cloak, knowing beforehand it came from whining posts like this one, I would definitely quit and they can stick their necromancer up to their ***

So glad to see you don't understand the power a NB can have with cloak lol. You think this is okay. Cloak snipe light attack cloak snipe and instant profit. Wait the otk didn't work and he sees me let me cloak and hide lol. Wait he found me and almost killed me cloak Dodge vigor rally cloak full health let me try to gank again. No other class can reset a fight like NB. Sorcs could but streak got nerfed.

So me surviving a NB over and over trying to gank and stunning me is a l2p issue. What I think the real l2p issue here is that nightblades been using cheese tactics since launch all involving cloak. I deal with my nerfs as a Templar and a dk. Even now a popular topic is to Nerf healing again because a lot of people can't 1 shot a healing class lol.

You are out of your mind if your going to be tell me that nb doesn't need a change. I'm glad you need a crutch to lean on because you can't or don't want to actually do a fight against another player 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You just want the illussion you are good at the game so you can make yourself feel better at night. Go YouTube some night blade gank videos you will see Sooooooo many one shots to players and guess what? All of them involve cloak :wink:

There's my evidence now where is yours that cloak shouldn't be nerfed other than crying? Lol

Bro I can’t believe you’re complaining about bowtards lol. They are literally free kills to anyone with headphones who knows how to counter them. When you hear snipe, dodge roll, look at the arch to find it’s origin. Next if the sniper hasn’t cloaked, stun him or get close to his origin. You say you play a Templar and dk. So dk has wings and some aoe skills. Templar has jabs and a ranged stun. All of these are great tools to narrowing down the location of the sniper and keeping them out of stealth. Especially on a Templar, you can just spear stun them and jab them till they die as the spam cloak. Because yes, most gankers aren’t skilled nb players, they rely on cloak. So if you can negate cloak...you win. It’s so easy

Yeah see I don't have problems on my dk and my Templar is way to tank nbs usually leave me alone when I'm on them, but you don't see an issue with a range move doing that much damage? Lol

I don't play with my volume on so I just deal with it. I know your going to say that's my problem but that doesn't bother me lol what bothers me is no class as so much up front benefits like nightblades and you pair that with all the armor pen they can stack and it is a recipe for a gank build.

What I keep trying to say that all nightblades defend is that gank builds shouldn't exist because you are playing pvp. When a class can one shot from not even being seen and if not one shot pretty damn close and add a stun into it so they can finish you off takes out the player vs player aspect.

There is counters to NB but most have short range, insane cost to spam, and a item you need to invest money into just to try to fight only one class. That class doesn't need to do anything special to fight any other class but yet every single no NB class needs to adjust to a NB. That is a game flaw imo
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Learn to drink a detect potion. Sheesh.

They can't do this as they are all knuckle dragging heavy armour Argonians and need to pop their potion when they run out of resource. They can't use potions proactively.
    Edited by JAwtunes on February 2, 2019 4:49PM
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol detect pots. Are you guys unironically suggesting people use shitpots and ruin their build synergy just to counter one single skill on a NB's bar?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol detect pots. Are you guys unironically suggesting people use shitpots and ruin their build synergy just to counter one single skill on a NB's bar?

Yes. There is a purpose for them whether you decide to use them or not. Same reason it's encouraged to slot a single skill to counter a single skill.
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. There is a purpose for them whether you decide to use them or not. Same reason it's encouraged to slot a single skill to counter a single skill.

But a potion is worth much more than a single skill
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again non nbs need to use something to fight a class where as a NB doesn't need to waste a slot to fight other players it seems legit. I would love for NB to look like elusive mist so they can't heal great and reset fights as they so please. And so it shows where they are no problem.

And I also think any channel move should pop stealth when you start cast. Why do you guys get a huge damage bonus plus free stun on moves that can be easily dodged if your not in stealth just like every other class?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Again non nbs need to use something to fight a class where as a NB doesn't need to waste a slot to fight other players it seems legit. I would love for NB to look like elusive mist so they can't heal great and reset fights as they so please. And so it shows where they are no problem.

And I also think any channel move should pop stealth when you start cast. Why do you guys get a huge damage bonus plus free stun on moves that can be easily dodged if your not in stealth just like every other class?

Oh you mean like my ranged Magblade who needs to slot specific skills to counter Wings from DKs?

Ruins the flow of my build. I don't feel sorry for non-NBs.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh you mean like my ranged Magblade who needs to slot specific skills to counter Wings from DKs?

Ruins the flow of my build. I don't feel sorry for non-NBs.

I agree with you on that. Again a game flaw every class should have multiple ways to compete against every class.

It is a flaw that all magic nbs get murdered by wings. I play dk and can bully a magic NB without any worries. That should not be the case at all and something zos should fix. I think a few moves being reflectable isn't a problem but when all your good moves are that is an issue.

So as far as you saying you don't feel bad idk what to tell you as you see I'm agreeing with you and saying it shouldn't be a thing lol. Instead of acting that way maybe make a thread on it and I will be right in there saying you are absolutely correct. But you should feel bad because again another reason why this game has flaws for pvp and people only ever try to Nerf a class to the ground or ask for their class to be op. I just want a balanced game where cheese tactics aren't used. I don't think that is too much to ask for lol
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    illusion school of magic

Yeah see I don't have problems on my dk and my Templar is way to tank nbs usually leave me alone when I'm on them, but you don't see an issue with a range move doing that much damage? Lol

I don't play with my volume on so I just deal with it. I know your going to say that's my problem but that doesn't bother me lol what bothers me is no class as so much up front benefits like nightblades and you pair that with all the armor pen they can stack and it is a recipe for a gank build.

What I keep trying to say that all nightblades defend is that gank builds shouldn't exist because you are playing pvp. When a class can one shot from not even being seen and if not one shot pretty damn close and add a stun into it so they can finish you off takes out the player vs player aspect.

There is counters to NB but most have short range, insane cost to spam, and a item you need to invest money into just to try to fight only one class. That class doesn't need to do anything special to fight any other class but yet every single no NB class needs to adjust to a NB. That is a game flaw imo

The thing is, a build that can one shot is one that can BE one shot by any decent build. Like I said, they’re an easy kill if you play with you volume
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put cloak on both bar ...

I even use it like cloak/skill instead of light att/skill

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe cloak can turn you into a mirage vs 100% invisible to confuse players? Also detect pots need a buff time wise.

• heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Maybe cloak can turn you into a mirage vs 100% invisible to confuse players? Also detect pots need a buff time wise.

that's a smart way to do things
    like how "HALO" did it
    I outlined that tab targeting makes this an issue because even if someone is transparent every skill is still 100% impossible to miss
    the engine would need to be reworked to allow for action combat.

one of the main reasons invisible is poopy and there's no "good" solution for much of ESO's shortcomings is that tab targeting isn't very fresh.