The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A Sorcerer's Status: I came back, to complain...

Pinja
Pinja
✭✭✭✭
So I"d seen that my overcharge bar was gone. -Took away 1/3 of my alt character.
Kinda figured it would happen before I left. -But then I'd seen this...
6417ippbfugu.png
I would complain about the morals of beating a dead horse, but the main antagonist is a necromancer.
-Kinda was wondering if Mannimarco could get my crystal stun back to.
Pinja for Dual Wands.
Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, also, shields can now be critically damaged on and the take onto account your spell, physical and crit resistances.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #makeSorcGreat again!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields are fine. They’re about the same in PvP and they were stupidly strong in PvE before. It seems like mag sorcs biggest issue rn is how easy it is to dodge all their attacks in PvP. Other than that people have figured out how to adapt and moved on.
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well on the upside your an Imperial so you have an extra 12% health so silverlining.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sorc, i have her as my main character over two years

I can only say i like how shield was "nerfed". Before that it was too much about stacking max magicka while keeping health at 15k.

Now you can have decend shields on all races, and no, shields are still viable defense mechanic. I have no issue with them. Sure its pain to keep shields in pvp against stamblade with burst damage, and then get shield down by one cheap ultimate.

But shield change is ok and there is nothing wrong with it. And if i say this as main pvp magicka sorc, it should mean something.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magsorc are fine except maybe the dodging part in pvp

Stam sorc need some help

The shield move was made to “make healers great again” ...
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    Oh, also, shields can now be critically damaged on and the take onto account your spell, physical and crit resistances.

This is odd. If shields can be critically damaged they should also have the option to crit when you apply them.
    Edited by Seraphayel on January 29, 2019 6:35AM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obviously I stated playing again, but can anyone else tell me if Crystal Fragments quick cast has been glitched for over 8 months.
    It keeps forcing a hard cast close to every fifth quick cast.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well on the upside your an Imperial so you have an extra 12% health so silverlining.

*Cough* *Cough*

Rip that soon
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Shields are fine. They’re about the same in PvP and they were stupidly strong in PvE before. It seems like mag sorcs biggest issue rn is how easy it is to dodge all their attacks in PvP. Other than that people have figured out how to adapt and moved on.

That and the fact that your class is designed to kill people by perfectly aligning its burst, but unfortunately everybody is a tank and the burst combo is not strong enough to kill them. But you also lack the capability to apply constant pressure to wear the opponent down b/c, you know, your class was not designed for it.

And then there is the ongoing sustain issue that has been plaguing sorcs since Morrowind (or actually even before when sorcs had to run regen sets while other classes got to run 2 damage sets), but Morrowind made it even worse.

Oh and let's not forget about the bar space b/c all our skills are so one-dimensional.

Then there is the lack of counter play against cloak and perma-blockers (besides the perma-dodgers mentioned by you)

And let's also not forget the lack of a decent heal to get out of execute range now that Healing Ward was crippled.

And the fact that pets are too weak to warrant 2 slots each.

Still not done, b/c there is also the on-going issue with streak, which has been bugged for years and even if it works it is expensive and clunky af - especially when compared to sprint and shadow image/cloak, with the former not even requiring a bar slot.

Pretty sure there is more, but I am tired.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Adapted by giving up even more of their laughable damage in order to maintain a part of the survivability that was once there. Now improving offense no longer adds anything to their survivability because everything is capped. While stamina can still stack 5k weapon damage and get outerwordly damage and increase their heals further and further. Sounds so wonderful.

If you say "moving on" and mean moving on to another game or class. Then yes, you are correct.
    Shields are forever frozen in time, while everything around them gets stronger. Bastion doesn't even add to their strenght anymore, while shattering blows is still as strong as ever. If anyone thinks THIS is balanced or strong, then that person is clouded.
    Edited by Dracane on January 30, 2019 10:32PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattL I hope the devs aren't balencing based on population statistics. Alot of people probably have similar tastes and figured a sorcerer sounded cool. A class's popularity (outside of warden) dosn't necessarily represent the necessity of a nerf. I do believe that with the state my class is in, my character will loose to any mediocre DK 1on 1.
    -To note also I Got hit by a 16k deep fissure today, which is an AoE.
    Is it too much to hope for some buffs coming from Elswer.
    Edited by Pinja on February 1, 2019 4:28AM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    #makeSorcGreat again!

LOL
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭

Wait so they're less, value wise; But if you count resistances, it may be greater protection wise?
    So like Impen Rattlecage Ward.
    Edited by Pinja on February 1, 2019 5:37PM
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • Velocious_Curse
    Velocious_Curse
    ✭✭✭
    Alright so I've been a MagSorc for 4 years(maiming magplar now since I already hit 5 star on my sorc) I still have fun playing my sorc from time to time. I obviously miss the 1.6 sorc days but let's be honest, they were gods back then. To make them semi decent again just take away the reduced air time on frags traveling, give them the stun back and bump shields up to 12 seconds(a step down from the old 20 second shields but a bump up from the 6 seconds. With the changes to shields from the previous patch, an increase to the uptime of them would be nice.) Now I'm not saying sorcs are trash now because you can still accomplish a lot if you have the right playstyle and build but they do need a little bit of rework. Not a lot, but just a little.
    2100cp- Xbox
    MagSorc x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    Magplar x2(1 Grand Overlord)
    MagDK x2 (2 Grand Overlords)
    Magblade (Grand Overloard)
    MagDen x2
    Stamplar x2
    Stamblade x2
    StamDK
    Necro x2
    Arc
    170cp-PC
    MagSorc
    Stamplar
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »

Wait so they're less, value wise; But if you count resistances, it may be greater protection wise?
    So like Impen Rattlecage Ward.

Yes. Before the number you got from cast showed exactly how much damage it prevented. Now you also count resistances, so the more you stack them the more they prevent damage per 100 of shield charge.
    In non-CP its ridiculous, especially with Bloodspawn and Armor Master proc. In CP is not that strong anymore.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah they butchered the sorc class its a shame that ZOS listens to a vocal minority of whiny players on the forum with that said its still good for PVE and with the right set up is decent at PVP but it comes down to why do I want to play a class that is handicapped compared to other classes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

Adapted by giving up even more of their laughable damage in order to maintain a part of the survivability that was once there. Now improving offense no longer adds anything to their survivability because everything is capped. While stamina can still stack 5k weapon damage and get outerwordly damage and increase their heals further and further. Sounds so wonderful.

If you say "moving on" and mean moving on to another game or class. Then yes, you are correct.
    Shields are forever frozen in time, while everything around them gets stronger. Bastion doesn't even add to their strenght anymore, while shattering blows is still as strong as ever. If anyone thinks THIS is balanced or strong, then that person is clouded.

I think Pvp wise a nerf is beyond ridicules. They beat the class down to the point they destroyed ALL ORIGINAL PLAY STYLES, then gave us a half assed move rotation with rune cage that made most sorcerers quit.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »

I think Pvp wise a nerf is beyond ridicules. They beat the class down to the point they destroyed ALL ORIGINAL PLAY STYLES, then gave us a half assed move rotation with rune cage that made most sorcerers quit.

As diverse as this game is they made the Sorc 1 dimensional out of pure indignancy.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.