The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Revert the Dodge Changes

Mashille
Mashille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Here's something I haven't seen brought up yet. But the dodge changes made with the Murkmire patch need to be reverted. I don't know what the team was aiming to achieve with this, but it didn't work. Since the patch I've seen people dodge things where the animation of the ability clearly hits them while they're not dodging and I've seen targeted attacks and abilities hit people when they are literally in the middle of a dodge roll.

For PvP's sake please revert these dodge changes as a lot of dodging in combat feels so out of sync and "off"

The upcoming patch would be a great place to do this.
Edited by Mashille on January 31, 2019 7:08PM
House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mashille wrote: »
    Here's something I haven't seen brought up yet. But the dodge changes made with the Murkmire patch need to be reverted. I don't know what the team was aiming to achieve with this, but it didn't work. Since the patch I've seen people dodge things where the animation of the ability clearly hits them while they're not dodging and I've seen targeted attacks and abilities hit people when they are literally in the middle of a dodge roll.

For PvP's sake please revert these dodge changes as a lot of dodging in combat feels so out of sync and "off"

ya it made things worse. things get dodge that shouldn't all the dam time.
  • Pdoherty4637_ESO
    Pdoherty4637_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I completely agreed with this. I was very excited when I read the note in the murkmire pts as I play my casters more than my melee characters, but it is no better, or even worse than it was before, it is impossible to hit a dodging target with any projectiles, and even beam attacks, on consecutive roll dodgers whereas before a well timed projectile could hit the player in between roll dodge animations pre-murkimire.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. I liked their explanation for dodge changes that made it sound as improvement for long attacks instead dodging melee attacks got completely ruined and dying to dodgeable executes in middle of dodge roll became very much the norm :/

From my point of view as attacker it feels like that someone started dodge roll but animation for me showed like 0.5s late. From my point of view as the one dodging it feels like that first 0.5s of my dodge roll animation are just for show and stuff hits me in it fine. It kinda doesnt make sense.
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Would like to know if the latency affects this issue. On PTS with glorious 230-280 ms I feel like it's worse than on live server (even tho it still happens often on live server too while having 120 ms).
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I consistently get hit with incap mid dodge roll. At least 5 times a day.

Which is funny because they specifically changed incap to be dodgeable about 6 months ago
  • Mashille
    Mashille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Koolio

Yeah, that's one of the things I've found most with the changes. Just being nuked and stunned by Incap mid dodge feels so cheap
    House Baratheon: 'Ours Is The Fury'
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Koolio

Yeah, that's one of the things I've found most with the changes. Just being nuked and stunned by Incap mid dodge feels so cheap

If I make a post they will just ignore it anyways. Even if I make 10 videos tell them exactly how to fix it rewrite the code for them and pay them 1 million dollars they will still ignore me.

• Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dodging after the animation has hit you has been a thing for a long time now.

Funny how it does not work for other skills. In fact, often times you'd use your shield or heal and THEN get it by the attack and still die. But not dodgers. Nope, they can negate the damage even AFTER they have been hit. ZOS really loves stamblades.
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »
    I consistently get hit with incap mid dodge roll. At least 5 times a day.

Which is funny because they specifically changed incap to be dodgeable about 6 months ago

No they changed
    The other morph.
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get hit with snipe and incap all the time half way through a roll. It's just reflex at this point when you know it's coming but now it doesn't help and instead just get's you killed.
    Edited by Crixus8000 on February 1, 2019 3:08AM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit more people during dodge roll, but also get hit more. Dodgeroll is entirely unreliable since they changed it. Its a complete crapshoot as to whether your dodge is going to work.

I'm guessing its related to ping, and I'm guessing the last change while being more responsive with similar ping, becomes worthless and unreliable if either attacker or defender has ping difference. I applaud the attempt to improve combat, but this one should be reverted.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure reverting it is the solution but I agree that dodge roll is broke as ***. People are definitely still dodging things that were cast well after a roll when that wasn't supposed to be a thing anymore. I'll have to take the stam guys words on being able to be hit mid roll as I have trouble landing anything on a dodge roll build whether it is cast before, during, or after a roll. Dodge roll is definitely the best ability in the game. You don't have to slot it, you can dodge before, during, or after an attack, and unlike with shields, you are not effected either by the damage of the ability or any other negative effects from it.

Can mag toons please have a dodge roll that takes mag as well as the overall ability cost reduction of 20% that stam toons have because it is such a burden to have dodge and block be stam. Where was our cost reduction for having shields be mag by the way? All we got is a 50-66% reduction in how good shields are and we still have to slot them.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    I get hit with snipe and incap all the time half way through a roll. It's just reflex at this point when you know it's coming but now it doesn't help and instead just get's you killed.

Next time wait until the animation hits you and then dodge ...
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know guy, I've always had the problems you're all talking about, even before Murkmire.

I lost count of how many times I've been hit mid roll, and I've come to understand it was just latency: The enemy on their screen can see the hit, while on my screen, I still have to see the enemy character moving... And kinda only happens in laggy situations (especially when I try to dodge Incap)

This patch is a god send for me... While I still get hit mid roll as always, at least I can use Snipe more reliably (on an hybrid templar, so no sneak ganks... You can put down your forks guys).