Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

CP PvP: why?

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
I revisited Vivec after a long hiatus. Wanted to test out a build that required champion points. Many regrets were had.

Its like a longer, more boring version of the pvp I have grown to love. Everyone is tanky. Fights last forever. Ball groups are ridiculous.

Seriously, what is the appeal? I can't fathom how this server is so populated.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally just hate it because I am a PvX player and I CBA to switch my CP every day I do something different.

No-CP is the best.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you, there are things i miss - Stam control, break free cost reduction on a magsorc etc. Or on niche builds the reliance on some of the CP120 passives for funky setups ;)

However for me my noCP journey started with Battlegrounds, they are SO much better paced as noCP that led me to Sotha, and the enjoyment of the noCP pace continued. I'd like a 7 day noCP though, shorten Sotha as opposed to an extra campaign.

The gains are beyond the CP though, less pop for decent small scale is a massive plus.

People hate lag, people hate zergs yet love Vivec, odd. If players spread our as Brian asks it would be all good.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it and I play with 270 ping. CP leaves more build room and you don’t have to constantly run out of stamina. It gives you the room to survive some of the broken AOE mechanics that are in PvP right now. No CP is fun but it’s just different. If you go to Vivec at primetime you will lag. Try Shor. Off hours Vivec is great at 2 or so bars across. Why does every cram into Vivec at primetime? That I don’t know.
    Edited by Vapirko on January 31, 2019 8:49AM
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like no CP, the battles tend to be less zergy, and faster, though I hate dying so quickly.

The cancer of CC is, though, well out of hand.
    Options
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    -More build flexibility/options,
    -more harder opponents/challenge
    -more 1v1 and 1vx fun situations
    -more farming space with noobs who think if they have cp it's enough :D
    -moar drama in zone XD

Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -More build flexibility/options,
    -more harder opponents/challenge
    -more 1v1 and 1vx fun situations
    -more farming space with noobs who think if they have cp it's enough :D
    -moar drama in zone XD

Add to that less proc damage set carry!

However
    I played only sotha for the midyear mayhem event and by golly was it fun as a button on a new shirt. I couldn't believe it 3 way BRAWL at a keep and zero lag. A little frame drop but I did not lag. And there were people galore. Loved it. But oh well. Now it's empty again and hard to find fights. Also I'm blue on NA so it's just a huge lead cause Blue kinda zergs there alot. Whereas vivec we always out now which I prefer. And I shall never not be BLUE
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mitigation, more ress, more regen, and I didn't earn them not to use them.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are more players in the CP campaign? I always assumed there were less, I’m surprised
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People play CP campaigns because it's not fun to get killed by two players when you know you can kill them 1v1 in no cp or CP.

In CP I might stand a chance even if they are 810. The CP allows me the slight amount of breathing room needed to take on multiple players.

Anyone who claims they enjoy no cp more is either a zergling glass canon build, or a small scale player with a pocket healer. You like no cp because you dont run across players who try to build balanced, you run across players like you...zerglings who die to the drop if a hat.

You can 1vX in nocp sure...its possible, but its insanely harder on me as solo, and incredibly easier for zerglings to kill me with less numbers.

Having said that, I dont care if all CP were removed. Just give me my crit, regens and max stats that they took away from me when they implemented the champion system.

No CP is purposely gimping yourself.

There also aren't *** for fights
    Options
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I’ve never been a fan of nocp campaign but last week I pushed emperor there for a friend of mine and it was really nice. Smooth experience (playing on regular PS4 so 20 people= 20 FPS on vivec) and fast paced combat. We had to focus first the people targeting us with sieges (1 cold harbour shot and you’re done for) but we had really a lot of fun.... till we encountered a group of sotha regular players. 28k hp at minimum, at least 1 proc set each (one of them was calurion, sload and skoria lol) and the stamina ones were bleedbuilds. It was absolutely a painful experience, even tho we did the emperor with 7 people.

Tldr : I have reconsidered nocp, it’s fun and smooth but ruined by poor balancing.
    Options
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less lag is the only good thing about no cp.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    Less lag is the only good thing about no cp.

You can get that in Shor so its not really the CP part.

I actually enjoyed no-CP up until Summerset when lets face it; the sustain nerfs were done to combat the CP power creep, and at that point; no-CP was not as much fun.

And people talk about players being more tanky, but players get more damage as well in CP. The difference is probably to do with players that have put in more time to get to the cap and learn to survive. You still come across plenty that haven't and die very quickly.

Then with the populations same as Shor; it just takes one side to outnumber the others and just run the map.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    People play CP campaigns because it's not fun to get killed by two players when you know you can kill them 1v1 in no cp or CP.

In CP I might stand a chance even if they are 810. The CP allows me the slight amount of breathing room needed to take on multiple players.

Anyone who claims they enjoy no cp more is either a zergling glass canon build, or a small scale player with a pocket healer. You like no cp because you dont run across players who try to build balanced, you run across players like you...zerglings who die to the drop if a hat.

You can 1vX in nocp sure...its possible, but its insanely harder on me as solo, and incredibly easier for zerglings to kill me with less numbers.

Having said that, I dont care if all CP were removed. Just give me my crit, regens and max stats that they took away from me when they implemented the champion system.

Players like me who die at the drop of a hat? You must be new here.

This is the most uninformed answer in here, wow. Skilled players like noCP because the limitations make it more balanced and no build can do everything - burst, tanking, healing and infinite resources. Putting together a solid build in noCP is actually an art if you ask some people, and a good player will have at least a couple of builds ready for different situations. And honestly anyone who keeps dying to proc sets after all the nerfs needs to build for better mitigation.

And so what if 1vX is more difficult? It just separates the truly experienced players from the riff raff. I'm no pro but I run a balanced magplar build that can both take pressure and put down most people I come across. Maybe I can't take on a full group or sustain until the end of time... but maybe that's how the game should be.
    Edited by Datolite on January 31, 2019 1:33PM
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don’t think anyone can talk about noCP being balanced when it is littered with proc sets, poisons, and heavy armor.. mhm okay cry about cp because your sloads viper skoria build doesn’t work in cp like it does in noCP
    Options
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    No cp feels like vr 7. No desire to walk my character back that far.
    Options
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    Datolite wrote: »
    Baconlad wrote: »

Players like me who die at the drop of a hat? You must be new here.

This is the most uninformed answer in here, wow. Skilled players like noCP because the limitations make it more balanced and no build can do everything - burst, tanking, healing and infinite resources. Putting together a solid build in noCP is actually an art if you ask some people, and a good player will have at least a couple of builds ready for different situations. And honestly anyone who keeps dying to proc sets after all the nerfs needs to build for better mitigation.

And so what if 1vX is more difficult? It just separates the truly experienced players from the riff raff. I'm no pro but I run a balanced magplar build that can both take pressure and put down most people I come across. Maybe I can't take on a full group or sustain until the end of time... but maybe that's how the game should be.

Ya what this guy said. Ive spent a lot of gold and time getting my magsorc ready for PvP in sotha/BGs. Tried so many different things and have a couple options ready when I go in. I decided to go solo around in vivec for awhile. Lol easy mode I tell you. Then I came across a 60k hp turtle...you can't say that's any fun.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Don’t think anyone can talk about noCP being balanced when it is littered with proc sets, poisons, and heavy armor.. mhm okay cry about cp because your sloads viper skoria build doesn’t work in cp like it does in noCP

It's funny, cause the most effective build I have is just bright throat, shackle and bloodspawn in light armor. You just sound like you got your wet paper build torn in half by a baby proc cause you forgot to put impen on your actual gear.
    Options
  • moosegod
    moosegod
    ✭✭✭
    Why CP? Because the game is balanced with it in mind. NoCP is okay in BG to make it faster but there is so much flexibility in CP. Sometimes a 1v1 may take a while but that's more fun imo, it's an actual fight.
    Options
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I wasn't gimped 20% of stats I would give no cp a shot, but I just can't stomach having hp, stam, and mag reduced by 20%. Can't endure it long enough to get used to it.
    Options
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real men don’t use CP.

Or deodorant.
    Options
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cp covers a lot of holes in builds and makes tradeoffs less important, but I do like the larger max stat pools, haha.
    Options
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I revisited Vivec after a long hiatus. Wanted to test out a build that required champion points. Many regrets were had.

Its like a longer, more boring version of the pvp I have grown to love. Everyone is tanky. Fights last forever. Ball groups are ridiculous.

What is the appeal in gankfest, instant death, bleed and dot non CP PvP?
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »

What is the appeal in gankfest, instant death, bleed and dot non CP PvP?

Higher risk. Less lazy builds. Faster pace. No turtle tanks. Tons of diversity. Much better balance. No 6 man invincible ball groups. Siege is actually dangerous.

Are you saying there is no ganking in CP?
    Options
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege is way to OP in no CP. Too many people sit safely behind walls and run tons of siege.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »

It's funny, cause the most effective build I have is just bright throat, shackle and bloodspawn in light armor. You just sound like you got your wet paper build torn in half by a baby proc cause you forgot to put impen on your actual gear.

And you sound like you hit like a wet paper and cry because you can’t kill anyone in cp with your current set up. Then got bursted down.

Also, not putting on impen in any form of PvP is mindless, but procs don’t crit so even if I didn’t have impen proc sets would do the same damage.
    Edited by frostz417 on January 31, 2019 2:59PM
    Options
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both versions. CP and no CP and both have it's own trouble. I don't like too when zerglings are so tanky and have 2 pocket healers and you just can't kill them, but again they can't kill you too.
    In no cp there is nearly everyone wearing proc sets and so it's unfun when less skilled players have chance to burst you only with they're gear.
    I did outnumbered in both cp and no cp. No cp doesn't seem to be any harder except maybe more annoying with the proc sets going on.
    Options
  • Demra
    Demra
    ✭✭✭
    Curious, Where does a casual player cp 400-500 with purple items stand a better chance?
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause there is only 1 no CP campaign on xbox....and its a ghost town during my daytime gaming hours.
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • JackAshes
    JackAshes
    ✭✭✭
    If they ever did away with CP in PvP I think they need to do a 20% stat buff for all PvP game modes from the Current No CP version. That would feel about right without all the other bells and whistles CP provides. Everyone keeps asking for separate balancing between PVP and PVE are you willing to give it up for the betterment of the game?
    Options
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things that are over-performing in CP are straight broken in no-CP. <Cough> bleeds <cough>
    Options