Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

[Outfits][Poll] Hide armor slots * Make more outfit combinations possible

• Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to hide more armor slots.
    Hiding shoulders and waist wouldn't even make the outfit skimpier in the slightest, neither with feet and glove the only thing it will do is give the players more customisation options ^-^

Agreed, there's tons of NPCs wearing less armor pieces, even guards in Rawl'kha does not wear the belt piece sometimes! And as always, please keep voting and commenting, every little bit helps!
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Nave_Horsespitoon
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    Would be cool to also have the option to hide weapons like in Star Trek Online.

At least staves and in the way, that also hides them everywhere so instead of staff, you just cast with your hands the proper TES way. I hate the flagpoles on my back.

The only problem I have with hiding weapons is that it would probably apply to NPCs as well. I find it quite helpful to be able to identify what sort of character that I am coming up against from a distance. I always take out the magic user first otherwise they will just heal the NPC you are fighting. Same goes for the archers they need to be taken out quickly or you will look like a porcupine before you know it. I’m just saying there is good reason for seeing weapons. It’s a handy feature.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As players, I am not sure if we can afford such fancy features! :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory "ZOS has this feature in their developer build, they just need to release it to us"

This is from January of last year, and they still haven't given it to us. :cry:

4wuzqo59pt2g.png

bqojafbmdtpv.png
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 29, 2019 1:06AM
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Please add a comment)
    I see necromancers are practicing their craft before Elswyr.

Also, Naked Nords.
    Edited by Tabbycat on January 29, 2019 1:59AM
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obligatory "ZOS has this feature in their developer build, they just need to release it to us"

This is from January of last year, and they still haven't given it to us. :cry:

4wuzqo59pt2g.png

bqojafbmdtpv.png

49jXjtW.jpg
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    With the option to hide more Armor Slots on the Outfits, you could also for example make outfits like this. Currently that's not possible, but it would be amazing to see if this gets possible in the future.

297.jpg

fbe68a0c1cdf07a7b1a511604802aa0a.jpg

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    While there are great screenshots here with shirtless nords and sai-sahan-style,
    this would mostly lead chrcters running in bicinis. And that’s the game I don’t wont to be in.
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While there are great screenshots here with shirtless nords and sai-sahan-style,
    this would mostly lead chrcters running in bicinis. And that’s the game I don’t wont to be in.

If you didn't know, they're already adding the Sai-Sahan chest piece in the jubilee event as a usable style.

Seeing as people can already use the Nordic bathers towel to be almost naked, you don't really see people using that so I doubt you will see people running in bicinis any more than you already do.
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
    Subscriber since the beta.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiding shoulders is nice start, but hiding shoulders often means i want to hide gloves too so both would be better to start from.

Still. As i said before. Shoulders really need option for hide both, left or right shoulder to increase creative options. A shoulder piece on the weapons side looks rather good on many options.

@ArchMikem

And here i was thinking it actually needs a bit of doing and it allready exists there. I have one Nord male who would love to hide his shirt.. He is also a werewolf. Hiding shirt/chest is nice, but then the belt buckle needs hiding as well, as at least on those i have tested, it is always floting over the bellybutton or somewhere there.. Must be painful to place it there..

Lovely senche by the way.
    Edited by Tapio75 on January 30, 2019 2:02AM
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiding shoulders is nice start, but hiding shoulders often means i want to hide gloves too so both would be better to start from.

Still. As i said before. Shoulders really need option for hide both, left or right shoulder to increase creative options. A shoulder piece on the weapons side looks rather good on many options.

@ArchMikem

And here i was thinking it actually needs a bit of doing and it allready exists there. I have one Nord male who would love to hide his shirt.. He is also a werewolf. Hiding shirt/chest is nice, but then the belt buckle needs hiding as well, as at least on those i have tested, it is always floting over the bellybutton or somewhere there.. Must be painful to place it there..

Minotaur is a fantastic glove style if you want something low-key (it's just bandage wraps around your wrists, with nothing over the hands).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 30, 2019 2:21AM
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they chose not to let us hide chest and leg pieces, I'd be fine with it. But those ridiculous shoulders and hip flaps need to go.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArchMikem

Minotaur is a fantastic glove style if you want something low-key (it's just bandage wraps around your wrists, with nothing over the hands).

They are kind of bulky though.. I prefer ancient elven light gloves painted to something close to skin color. Almost invisible :)
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Easy option for them to add hide shoulders and belts would be to add them to the lv 40 Prisoner Outfit Style unlock, as these have 2x shirt, legs & shoes as well as gloves (chains), that style has no helm (nor does the lv1 starter gear), but it also lacks shoulders and a belt, so that style is the perfect opportunity to add a hide feature.

As for the no shirt no tabbard look easy outside of combat areas just unequip them, will that ruin your set combat abilities maybe but doesn't stop you re-equipping the chest piece pre battle.

^ You can do this by setting the outfit to show equipped armor for that slot.
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on January 30, 2019 1:06PM
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Easy option for them to add hide shoulders and belts would be to add them to the lv 40 Prisoner Outfit Style unlock, as these have 2x shirt, legs & shoes as well as gloves (chains), that style has no helm (nor does the lv1 starter gear), but it also lacks shoulders and a belt, so that style is the perfect opportunity to add a hide feature.

As for the no shirt no tabbard look easy outside of combat areas just unequip them, will that ruin your set combat abilities maybe but doesn't stop you re-equipping the chest piece pre battle.

^ You can do this by setting the outfit to show equipped armor for that slot.

Hmm.. interesting. Thank you for commenting @Coolio_Wolfus!

Thinking if they are to add this, it would be nice being able to hide everything, customizing the character the way you want them to look. Adding this feature to the game will definitely expand the lifetime of the game by quite a lot. It will make much more outfit combinations possible, and your character can look the way you want without losing out on the armor bonuses.

There's already costumes in the game that make your character look ridiculous if you so wish to, even how much you hate it. And yes, there will be naked people running around the first day, but not for long, and you can already do that if you wish, even while being pretty strong with maxed out CP. That is without 6 armor slots of course.

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed a lot of people both on here and in-game are wanting to be able to hide / remove the flappy bits hanging down over the legs from the chest piece, I think it would be more difficult to make those toggle-able as the older armour pieces would need to be remade rather than just using the invisible/hide slot on outfit station, would be a nice feature though and there's plenty of old motif styles that could use some quality updating to look more in line with the quality of newer styles.
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed a lot of people both on here and in-game are wanting to be able to hide / remove the flappy bits hanging down over the legs from the chest piece, I think it would be more difficult to make those toggle-able as the older armour pieces would need to be remade rather than just using the invisible/hide slot on outfit station, would be a nice feature though and there's plenty of old motif styles that could use some quality updating to look more in line with the quality of newer styles.

The hip-flaps would be nice to hide on a lot if not most styles, but as you said @chris_tigerb16_ESO, this would actually be effort to do, while hiding the armor pieces would be little to no work. They probably are just holding it off.

You can already run around in just your underwear if you so wish, but why? Most of us just want this for more customization.
    Edited by Craziux on February 2, 2019 12:46AM

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Would be funny if some npc's could comment on your character's lack of attire if you're hiding every armour piece the same way they randomly spout things about the quest's you've done, and like the other TES games.
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Would be funny if some npc's could comment on your character's lack of attire if you're hiding every armour piece the same way they randomly spout things about the quest's you've done, and like the other TES games.

Haha, that would be cool, maybe encouraging players to actually put on more gear xD
    Edited by Craziux on February 2, 2019 3:18AM

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craziux wrote: »

The hip-flaps would be nice to hide on a lot if not most styles, but as you said @chris_tigerb16_ESO, this would actually be effort to do, while hiding the armor pieces would be little to no work. They probably are just holding it off.

You can already run around in just your underwear if you so wish, but why? Most of us just want this for more customization.

If I had to guess, I would say that it is on their to-do list, but they have not decided when to do it, or to what extent. I think this because I figure that the monetization guy probably brings it up on a regular basis. This feature will likely be "crown only".
    Edited by Elsonso on February 2, 2019 2:13PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Craziux wrote: »

If I had to guess, I would say that it is on their to-do list, but they have not decided when to do it, or to what extent. I think this because I figure that the monetization guy probably brings it up on a regular basis. This feature will likely be "crown only".

Hmm, definitely an interesting idea though, more customization can't hurt! Can it?

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’d at least like to see hide shoulders and guild tabard

rip decibel
  • Devoter
    Devoter
    Soul Shriven
    No.
    No, because everyone would choose to hide all armor and run around naked. This game is already a f***k-show and does not need to get any worse.

This ^
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Devoter wrote: »
    No, because everyone would choose to hide all armor and run around naked. This game is already a f***k-show and does not need to get any worse.

This ^

Where in Tamriel are you finding these people? I'm on everyday and its a super rare time I even see someone wearing the bathers towel xD
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭

Where in Tamriel are you finding these people? I'm on everyday and its a super rare time I even see someone wearing the bathers towel xD

You don't many of them no, so I bet seeing people running around naked isn't gonna be an big issue. You can already un-equip 6 armor pieces, still be decently strong, and you would still wear underwear. ESO is rated 18+ and people aren't going to be fully nude either way, it's really just about adding something to the outfit system that's already in the game for being able to make your outfit look more unique.

Also wish for the laundered NPC clothes from the base-game to be added to the outfit system sometime, that would be neat!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main current wears no pants, and thus gets no benefit from that slot. Nothing will change in her appearance if the slot hide feature comes in, but she'll get the extra piece of a set.
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and remove all underwear.
    PC
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »

#RacialUnderwearPack! give us the ability to change our characters underwear, a small quality of life upgrade haha.. but really, that'd be very cool.
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »

Imagine peoples kids playing on the living room widescreen, zooming in on their characters genitalia as mom and dad walk in. Bonus points if theyre Khajiit or Argonian ***.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this and hair color change on demand - just take my crowns