The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hide Outfit Slots? ESO Live 1/19

EngineeringElf
EngineeringElf
✭✭✭
With all of the lag and sound issues during today's ESO Live, I was able to get a glimpse at a few new icons in the outfit system window ZOS was using. I didn't hear it mentioned but it basically looks like you will be able to hide any outfit slot item (non weapon). Did any one else catch this?

jeisx7e8rcrw.png
The "Hide Helmet" icon on PTS right now. (Although not working ATM)

4wuzqo59pt2g.png
The icon for "Hide Shoulders"?

bqojafbmdtpv.png
"Hide Chest"?

Hopefully this is true and will be put in next PTS patch! :)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That would be cool if true. :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • leothedino
    leothedino
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this true (and I really can't see why/how it isn't), this has -just- become the best transmog/outfit system in any MMO to date in my opinion (and i've played a fair few).

It was already pretty damn great, but this is just a step above and beyond. Great work ZoS, loving the options!
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    This would be the best. Especially if it works on all armour pieces (aside from shield?)
  • Gorak
    Gorak
    ✭✭✭
    From what I could tell on the PTS, choosing to "hide" an armour item in an outfit only defaults that outfit piece to the equipped armour. It doesn't actually hide the armour you are wearing with the exception of the head.

Also, Hide helmet is no longer accessed through the settings menu where it was easily toggled on/off. You have to access it through the outfit station it appears. No more hiding helmet in town/home, and showing helmet in fights. You need to attend an outfit station to hide/show helmet now. Don't like this change.
    I want a raven avatar, please.
    PC NA; DC ftw
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gorak wrote: »
    From what I could tell on the PTS, choosing to "hide" an armour item in an outfit only defaults that outfit piece to the equipped armour. It doesn't actually hide the armour you are wearing with the exception of the head.

Also, Hide helmet is no longer accessed through the settings menu where it was easily toggled on/off. You have to access it through the outfit station it appears. No more hiding helmet in town/home, and showing helmet in fights. You need to attend an outfit station to hide/show helmet now. Don't like this change.

Clear and hide are two separate things. The "hide" option is bugged (atleast for most) and on the PTS it's only for helmets (The livestream was off of ZoS' test server, which is not the Public Test Server) The ability to hide helmet (on the PTS) is a collectible option, so you only need to go to the collections menu to hide/show helmet (Or you can quickslot it. Or would be able to but it's bugged and unavailable because it's "not collected"
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I checked the live stream and those options were present for Hat, Shoulder, Chest, Glove, Pants, Belt and Boots.
    It was stated in the live stream that the only thing the new option (for hide hat) wont work for is the polymorphs. I wonder if that means you will be able to hide pieces of Costumes too. (I hope so cause I just wanna be barefoot.)
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGraves wrote: »
    I checked the live stream and those options were present for Hat, Shoulder, Chest, Glove, Pants, Belt and Boots.
    It was stated in the live stream that the only thing the new option (for hide hat) wont work for is the polymorphs. I wonder if that means you will be able to hide pieces of Costumes too. (I hope so cause I just wanna be barefoot.)

The functionality is there, now we just have to be given a way to collect them.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

The functionality is there, now we just have to be given a way to collect them.

You are supposed to be given them automatically as an option it's just bugged in the PTS and they need to fix it (hopefully with the next patch)
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭

It was said that they might fix the polymorph problem in the future.
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My new fashion is decided ! Naked tank incoming :trollface:
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, costumes take priority over outfits. You cannot hide the headpiece of your costume by using the hide helmet part of an outfit, so you wouldn't be able to hide other parts of a costume with the hide slots in an outfit either.. You need to use the hide helmet hat instead (hats take priority over costumes). Polymorphs take priority over everything, which is why they would override the hide helmet hat.
    Edited by mesmerizedish on January 20, 2018 6:09AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what about guild tabards?
  • mesmerizedish
    mesmerizedish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about guild tabards?

Currently on the PTS, outfits do not hide guild tabards, which is a glaring oversight if you ask me.
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭

No, costumes take priority over outfits. You cannot hide the headpiece of your costume by using the hide helmet part of an outfit, so you wouldn't be able to hide other parts of a costume with the hide slots in an outfit either.. You need to use the hide helmet hat instead (hats take priority over costumes). Polymorphs take priority over everything, which is why they would override the hide helmet hat.

It's a collectible option though. like a hat. not an outfit only thing.
  • EngineeringElf
    EngineeringElf
    ✭✭✭
    Ya, I tried to ask the question during the live stream when I first noticed the new icons but they must have not seen it due to all of the audio chaos. I didn't notice anything about guild tabards. Hopefully down the road they let us divide costumes into separate outfit slots so we can hide/use only pieces that we want from costumes as well.
    Liofa wrote: »

Conan The Barbarian?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any confirmation ont this cause that would be great?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all of the lag and sound issues during today's ESO Live, I was able to get a glimpse at a few new icons in the outfit system window ZOS was using. I didn't hear it mentioned but it basically looks like you will be able to hide any outfit slot item (non weapon). Did any one else catch this?

In my mind, this is one of the reasons that they moved Hide Helmet from an option to the outfit system and collectibles. They said it was because people did not know it was there, and I believe them in that, but moving it allows them so much more than keeping it an option. This game is overloaded with "options" the way it is, and the options are not always split into categories that make sense to me. It is hardly surprising that people don't know about some of them, or forget about them.

Of course, in the transition, we lose a little because the option trumped everything, but I am now happy that they have covered most of the bases.

Now it is a matter of seeing when they decide to make these collectibles available to us, and for how many Crowns.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can’t get worse than this anyway.

giphy.gif
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be pretty lovely.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice, and if not this round, hopefully added soon that allows us to toggle off armor pieces completely... hide chest, hide shoulders, hide belt, etc... allow us to FULLY decide on what we want to wear and look versus ZOS always controlling certain aspects of our appearance.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »

Can’t get worse than this anyway.

giphy.gif

This was playing in the background as I scrolled by this gif.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luPx9e0fSGI
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bumping this, as I too would like to see a "Hide Armor Slot" option for EVERY armor slot, not just helmets.

However, what's in those dev-build screenshots isn't in PTS. Devs, please reconsider -- add it to PTS, too!
          In verity.
  • EngineeringElf
    EngineeringElf
    ✭✭✭
    Eiagra wrote: »
    Bumping this, as I too would like to see a "Hide Armor Slot" option for EVERY armor slot, not just helmets.

However, what's in those dev-build screenshots isn't in PTS. Devs, please reconsider -- add it to PTS, too!

Yeah I took the screen shots during the ESO Live Stream where ZOS was using their "internal" server. Although not on the PTS yet, It keeps me optimistic that it's in the works and could see the options in the near future. ;)
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. Mainly so I don't have to dig through my inventory every time I want to strip down for a swim! Hopefully they would be in the Collections panel as well as Outfits.
          In verity.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump

I keep looking out for this every time the PTS gets patched. No sign yet. Any rumours?
  • EngineeringElf
    EngineeringElf
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't seen anything more about this since I originally posted it. However, they did say in one of the ESO Live episodes that they would be adding things on to the outfit system in the future. Hopefully the outfit system gets some love in the Summerset chapter as part of a QOL.
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my! I wanted to suggest the possibility to hide shoulder plates because I really hate those, now that's better, I can hide any other armor slot I want. When I started playing I wanted to run around barefoot, now I can do that without sacrificing my stats for some fun.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide shoulders please.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hide chest please :L
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this!
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade