Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Outfits][Poll] Hide armor slots * Make more outfit combinations possible

• logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Please add a comment)
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Before any further changes devs must lower the price of slots for good and/or make slots account wide.

Also, characters in OP examples are ugly. Such attires nor eye pleasing, nor making any sense. I'm not trying to offence someone, it's just my opinion. While it seems alright to admire such flashiness, it also should be alright to express opposite opinion as well, right? So, ugly. Period.

Thank you for expressing in so many words and succinctly that the OPs characters are ugly i guess? :/
    You are welcome.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I'd like to hide more armor slots.
    Should be an option.
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please at the minimum let us hide shoulders and legs (especially those with flaps on them). Someone else mentioned that some of us can't see our tattoos very well, some of which were purchased out of the crown store
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please at the minimum let us hide shoulders and legs (especially those with flaps on them). Someone else mentioned that some of us can't see our tattoos very well, some of which were purchased out of the crown store

My wish-list item for this is the shoulders, definitely. The flaps are attached to the chest piece, which is a whole different problem unfortunately.

I do wish they would fix tattoos for things like vampirism, so I didn't have to use a skin on all my vamps.
  • di_rty
    di_rty
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    I want to be able to hide guild tabards, god damn!

THIS! SO MUCH THIS!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing else shoulders is a must. But why not everything? A tattooed, brawler Orc without chest, hand, shoulder armor could be awesome. Sure some people would run around naked, maybe a lot at first. But once the novelty wore off I bet not many would. And honestly people can already do that now if they want in towns and cities. Pretty easy to equip/unequip all your gear via addons.
    Edited by Vapirko on April 30, 2019 12:17PM
  • hagk
    hagk
    Soul Shriven
    This would be a very good addition especially since we got a new bare chest skin (sai sahan's jack)
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t think shirtless nords without shoulders and belts could look cool? Or any other race for that matter? Warriors, archers and adventurers doesn’t always wear the same full gear, neither should players!

33-AC383-D-A199-4-E57-B162-96-A1-EF7-D4-ABC.jpg
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Tensar
    Tensar
    ✭✭✭✭
    No.
    We will see so much naked running everywhere, just breaking immersion.
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing how insanely popular and expensive Sai Sahans chest style piece was i think this is something the majority of players want even if they don't look at the forums and vocalise so.
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
    Subscriber since the beta.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Tensar wrote: »

Immersion? You should talk to this Nord Quest giver. There's many alike, some who's just hiding their gloves, shoulders and belts too!

8881480_f520.jpg
    Edited by Craziux on May 4, 2019 1:39PM

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Craziux wrote: »

Immersion? You should talk to this Nord Quest giver. There's many alike, some who's just hiding their gloves, shoulders and belts too!

8881480_f520.jpg

Theres also a pants-less nord.
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
    Subscriber since the beta.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, yes and YES!!!

I would love the option to hide each armor slot...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, yes and YES!!!

I would love the option to hide each armor slot...

Agreed!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    What's the worst that could happen..?

eso-screen21.jpg

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    get rid of ugly shoulders!

YES PLEASE!

• Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to be able to hide belts and shoulders.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muh Imyershin
    Whenever I see comments like these crop up, I can't help but wonder if people say it because they want to annoy people, or because they're being very choosy as what breaks their imyershin, and what doesn't.

If the thought of naked people shatters the foundation of your imyershin, then why aren't you going around complaining and demanding the removal of most, if not all costumes, seeing as they can be seen as imyershin-breaking (Male Nords fighting things in a wedding dress, anyone?). Or how about that brown towel that effectively makes you naked, I don't see you advocating for its removal.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cerbolt wrote: »
    I just want to be able to hide belts and shoulders.

Dont forget funky waist buckles as well... either too damn high, too damn low, or floating nearly a meter away as some mythical creature saying my dirty leather skirt stinks.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    There's already a lot of this stuff in game, you might have forgotten at cp810 but it's still there, NPC's are in their underwear everywhere. (Nothing is truly nude in the game, and it's rated 18+ or Mature for Adults.) Most players that want to already have had their fun with this.

It probably will make a comeback with some people making their characters outfitted in their underwear, but this already happened at the base game and people are still doing it sometimes. If this becomes a thing, you can make outfits without spending your time trying to figure out the least bulky belt to make your outfit look good, gloves and shoulder pieces etc.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150548/argonian-strip-club
    Forget about the Lusty Argonian Maid; I just found the Lusty Argonian Male! And he has no problem as to what gender you are; as I was playing a male Argonian at the time! Talk about Adult Themed! haha69p3brvyv6q6.png

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    undies and boots you say?
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Ashfen
    Ashfen
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Muh Imyershin
    Whenever I see comments like these crop up, I can't help but wonder if people say it because they want to annoy people, or because they're being very choosy as what breaks their imyershin, and what doesn't.

I wish someday people will be able to understand each others' arguments and stop being condescending, saying "if people disagree, that's because they are egoists with their imyershin thing".
  • Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Craziux wrote: »
    Don’t think shirtless nords without shoulders and belts could look cool? Or any other race for that matter? Warriors, archers and adventurers doesn’t always wear the same full gear, neither should players!

33-AC383-D-A199-4-E57-B162-96-A1-EF7-D4-ABC.jpg
    Not having the same attire =/= Wearing nothing

You can easily find and unique look if you're able to be a bit imaginative.

Oh and FYI, even if this looks "cool" Vikings didn't fought half naked. (And Nords didn't either)
    The dominion will not flee,
    We fight for Eternity!
    Hear the singing of our blades,
    Death has come, foes be afraid!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grentek wrote: »
    Oh and FYI, even if this looks "cool" Vikings didn't fought half naked.
    True.
    That was the celts.
    Mostly because of religious reasons... (you can imagine, a "gods favor the brave" credo leading to "if I bravely go into battle naked, the gods will favor ME!" - it certainly did unnerve the roman legions, so there is that...)

Vikings on the other hand were way more sensible. And thus wore whatever they could afford to protect themselves, furs and leathers, padded vests and jerkins (Gambeson is more effective armor than many realize) and chainmail if they could get it. Not plate tho, since they were seafarers... a chainmail shirt you could perhaps wriggle out of if you went overboard and swim to safety towards the surface of the sea, but plate would drag you down to the bottom since its hard enough to don and remove that knights generally had someone to help them do it...
  • Grentek
    Grentek
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Not plate tho, since they were seafarers... a chainmail shirt you could perhaps wriggle out of if you went overboard and swim to safety towards the surface of the sea, but plate would drag you down to the bottom since its hard enough to don and remove that knights generally had someone to help them do it...
    Well, a chainmail isn't really lighter than a plate armour (roughly 20 kg each), the main reason is because the first coat of plates were introduced during the late 12th century, when vikings were not a thing anymore. (And it was kind of expensive so I do think that most of them wouldn't have the money to buy it anyway.)
    The dominion will not flee,
    We fight for Eternity!
    Hear the singing of our blades,
    Death has come, foes be afraid!
  • Kalgert
    Kalgert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashfen wrote: »
    Kalgert wrote: »
    Muh Imyershin

I wish someday people will be able to understand each others' arguments and stop being condescending, saying "if people disagree, that's because they are egoists with their imyershin thing".
    I'd be more willing to read what people are saying and give them some serious weight... If they had something to say that actually sounded like a valid argument.

I'll admit I came back to this thread a little late so I have missed on a lot of comments, some of them providing a pretty good reason as to say "No, I don't want to hide more armor slots". But from what I have gathered, it is either a lot of people saying "Everyone is going to be naked", "It will look too silly" or say "Muh imyershin", none of them all that valid when you consider the fact that the game's already filled with characters in their underwear, the outfits allowing you to be a cross dresser, all of which can break people's imyershin, but oddly enough I don't see these same people complain about their existence.

The only ones that actually offered anything valid were people choosing the "Other" option, and then say "I'd like this, but maybe keep the pants". I may not agree with it either way, but at least it's not someone screaming "Imyershin!"
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grentek wrote: »
    Not plate tho, since they were seafarers... a chainmail shirt you could perhaps wriggle out of if you went overboard and swim to safety towards the surface of the sea, but plate would drag you down to the bottom since its hard enough to don and remove that knights generally had someone to help them do it...
    Well, a chainmail isn't really lighter than a plate armour (roughly 20 kg each), the main reason is because the first coat of plates were introduced during the late 12th century, when vikings were not a thing anymore. (And it was kind of expensive so I do think that most of them wouldn't have the money to buy it anyway.)
    I believe most chainmail vikings wore may have been pre-owned by english armsmen... :p;):trollface:

But it IS true that viking blacksmithing skills were maybe a little bit lacking in most regards, at least for the most part. Mostly because they were living in a harsh land, and basically had the typical "village blacksmith" who did everything from farming tools to definitely non-horned helmets (horned helments were -once again- the celts!), instead of a castle-supported blacksmith who specialized in the skills needed to forging good swords and armor... thus only the rich could afford the time-consuming work of making decent swords and/or chainmail.

One of the reasons so many vikings are depicted with -axes-, since theose were -much- easier to forge even for lower skilled blacksmiths! (especially in their earlier times - later of course they caught up when it came to blacksmith skills)

The Nords of skyrim on the other hand... don't have those issues. Thus can have all the armor and weapons we would like for them to have! ;)
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would, but not to be half naked - just to be able to hide some shoulders, floating belt buckles and front, side and butt flaps.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Shanjijri wrote: »
    No, because everyone would choose to hide all armor and run around naked. This game is already a f***k-show and does not need to get any worse.

Bath Towel costume is already "naked" mode... Also, I remember before the outfit system that people were afraid seeing pink weapons everywhere -- I saw like one or two since the update. I'm pretty sure some people will be naked, but most will just do an outfit without shoulders and/or chest... I would like to remove shoulders and gloves for my stamblade.

I have a pale pink bow, but that is because it is the Pyandonean (sea serpent) one, which has a quiver that is shaped like a conch shell and looks like it is coated in shell, or mother of pearl.

So, it seemed appropriate.

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Path wrote: »
    So...totally hate the entire outfit system. Costs too much. Buggy as heck. I'll just stick to costumes. /bow

wot