The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hardly anyone on after Racial Passives Patchnote release

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »
    cat.png

That cat has more problems than not getting out of a carrier...

When their fur goes like that it means they're really ill.

It probably doesn't feel well enough to try to leave.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly, what I would do, if I ran this game and did so to make the best game possible (and not just for direct, monetary gain), would be to abolish racial abilities altogether.

Yes, that would make races purely cosmetic, but so what?

At least it would then mean all was fair, people could play whichever race, class and build combo they preferred and wouldn't ever have to pay for a race change, unless they decided they just didn't enjoy playing that race anymore, for visual, or perhaps lore, reasons.

Of course, this would mean less cash from race changes, at times like this; but, it would probably make most people enjoy the game more and so, play more (and keep playing and paying).

Anything that forces you to make a commitment to a certain thing, that cannot be changed without paying to change it - especially, if that change forces you to effectively delete a character you have grown attached to - is not only unfair, but also potentially game-breaking.

Even leaving the fact that they are prejudiced out of it, the only way keeping racials works, in my opinion, is if they are all extremely balanced, do not favour one race over another and don't force min/max players to only ever pick certain race/build/class combos.

The devs may say they are trying to push the game in that direction - but, from what I can see, it's still a long way from it.

If they had actually achieved that (or, if they had abolished racials altogether), people who like racials, for whatever reason, might be whining about them becoming irrelevant (or disappearing altogether), but they wouldn't be panicking about feeling forced to race change.

On a personal level, as someone who mains a Bosmer and who doesn't PVP, my position hasn't really changed that much, because it will still be sub-optimal from a damage point of view.

Why you would make changes like this and not take the time rectify that kind of imbalance, I have no idea?

Surely, any changes should be a push towards equality?

Otherwise, if they're not and if money is involved, of course people will be sceptical.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 18, 2019 6:39AM
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually, better racial passives and release of the necromancer are making me to come back into this game again.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    Actually, better racial passives and release of the necromancer are making me to come back into this game again.

How long have you not played the game.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    I went to several capitol zones this evening. There was hardly anyone on.

I see discouragement making its way.
    My guild members will also be playing less.

Is anyone else feeling discouraged?

It's a workday for most. so no i was not on. When i did get on, there were a lot of people though
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, roughly since Morrowind when raiding guilds died. After that I only logged in once or twice per month for a couple of hours at best.
    And haven't logged in at all since october 2018 up till 3 days ago, I think.

Edited by Anhedonie on January 19, 2019 4:34AM
  • mxxo
    mxxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel rather shocked. Like its not true or smth... or a bad joke xD

I hoped for a system that enhances ESO instead of making it plain and even like a block of stone. And with 4 Mag Dunmer and 4 Bosmer.. i feel like.. ye.. grey somehow?
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, roughly since Morrowind when raiding guilds died. After that I only logged in once or twice per month for a couple of hours at best.

Bro, there are lots of raiding guilds now.
    The game population has grown and there is a lot build diversity in the game outside the whole meta (do what the 2% of that the vocal minority is doing).

Now they are adding Necromancy.

This is good time to dive back in.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The game population has grown and there is a lot build diversity in the game outside the whole meta (do what the 2% of that the vocal minority is doing).

Yeah, I think I will be playing again quite often after the release of necromancer class.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I think I will be playing again quite often after the release of necromancer class.

Super cool brother.

Cheers!
  • Trashkan
    Trashkan
    ✭✭✭
    Content in this game could be great but sadly meta builds and raid notifiers ruined any good chance of an adventure for me. Played for a long time and it doesnt seem like people do anything in this game unless they are directed and told stand here, use this rotation and this build ect. Zos creates dungeons and trials and trys to keep it interesting but all anyone wants to do is be told by a notifier. Imo there is nothing wrong with the game at its core but the community that plays scrolls has influenced dev's to create somthing that is next to impossible to play if you want to be creative and just make a build.
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to cash grabs true effect?
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Morning population in Cyrodil was low yesterday to.
    Event fatigue

Yeah. Didnt think of that. Good call.
    Tend to enter during the morning and get the reward ticket as i might not get in then back or end up doing other stuff.
    MajBludd wrote: »
    The game is dead! The sky is falling! Run for your lives!

Oh noooo. Run...more casuals who cant hit 30k dps, or tank Moonhunter Keep.

Runnnnnnnnnm!

But they are dumb enough to pay for race change tokens...

Run for youre lives!
    Yes they think that the reason why they do 15k dps is non meta race.

dude ? *** off with your elitism, you aint happy to play with everyday peopel who are just having fun? make your own guild of 1% and enjoy your elite life.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning population in Cyrodil was low yesterday to.
    Event fatigue

Yeah. Didnt think of that. Good call.
    Tend to enter during the morning and get the reward ticket as i might not get in then back or end up doing other stuff.
    MajBludd wrote: »
    The game is dead! The sky is falling! Run for your lives!

Oh noooo. Run...more casuals who cant hit 30k dps, or tank Moonhunter Keep.

Runnnnnnnnnm!

But they are dumb enough to pay for race change tokens...

Run for youre lives!
    Yes they think that the reason why they do 15k dps is non meta race.

dude ? *** off with your elitism, you aint happy to play with everyday peopel who are just having fun? make your own guild of 1% and enjoy your elite life.
    LOL, first time I'm called elitist. never done an vet trial, khajiit healer main up to murkmire then I made her stamsorc because of shield nerfs, pure zergling in PvP.

Just commented that racials are far less important than lots of players think, seen people here on forum saying they are half of the dps and that they are bad because non meta race not bad rotation and gear.

Edited by zaria on January 19, 2019 1:13PM
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • ForMalacath
    ForMalacath
    ✭✭✭
    Beginning of 2017 [Forum] " Oh my god these changes will kill the game ESO is dead"

End of 2017 [ZOS] "We've just had our most successful year ever!"

Beginning of 2018 [Forum] "Oh my god these changes will kill the game ESO is dead"

End of 2018 [ZOS] "We''ve just had our most successful year ever"
    Edited by ForMalacath on January 19, 2019 1:51PM
    In Malacath we trust

XB1 EU
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashkan wrote: »
    Content in this game could be great but sadly meta builds and raid notifiers ruined any good chance of an adventure for me. Played for a long time and it doesnt seem like people do anything in this game unless they are directed and told stand here, use this rotation and this build ect. Zos creates dungeons and trials and trys to keep it interesting but all anyone wants to do is be told by a notifier. Imo there is nothing wrong with the game at its core but the community that plays scrolls has influenced dev's to create somthing that is next to impossible to play if you want to be creative and just make a build.

No. No no no bud. There are lots of guilds that are non meta now. Not everyone follows that. They are a vocal minority now. I will get you the names of some of those guilds. I will pm them to you. Is that ok?
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These changes are actually better for the overall health of the game. They look more or less balanced now.

I was afraid they would gut sustain again, but they didn't.
    Playing since beta...
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people aren't as upset with the balancing itself, as they are with the financial ramifications of those balancing issues being thrown onto the player base.

There is nothing healthy for the game population about a gaming company ripping off it's players and burning it's bridges for "reselling" them balance, epspecially since balance is supposedly included in ESO Plus according to ZOS's statements over the years.

• Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe they just had real life stuff to do? Stop making so much drama over a few changes
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Geez... Late night and early morning, middle of the week, for most of the world, are you surprised no one was there? O.o nothing to do with a pre patch notes, pre pts, that very few people are aware about to begin with because no one comes to the forums. No one will care about this in a month when all the meta chasers watch alcahst videos on how to "fix* the issues, then everyone will be happy. Just like skrcs, or Templars, or DKs before the racials... So yeah... Please quit trying to prophetisize the end... It's not coming. Not for this tiny irrelevant change. Big PvP changes and ESO plus price hikes could, say for example, but not balancing. Balancing is easy to overcome. Be positive.

This type of scheme is what killed DCUO. Then it was sold because no one wanted to go back to it with strecthed out content.

Sound familiar?

Consider the difference in scale between a copycat of marvel MMO, and ESO. Balancing updates will always hit someone, but won't hurt the whole, not when ESO is so massive. If some weaklings aren't willing to either grind out change race, they'll go away, yes, but they represent very little of the game community. Very very little, they are just loud, but irrelevant in amount. It's like that guy that pokes a hole in his bike exhaust to make it loud... Sounds like a Hayabusa, but it's only a 250cc ninja. Just because they are loud, doesn't mean they have any power.

And the streamers, who attract lots people, those love these updates, some because they'll be the ones doing the meta, some because people will want to see what's new.. every single update is the same crybaby fest here, nothing new, but the are always more players coming than going, more streamers and more audience to this game, so balancing, again, isn't hurting.

Copycat of Marvel?

What Marvel game are you referencing?

Marvel heroes 201*. I played it 2014 or 15, not sure. Didn't like it, too restrictive at first. It's been going since then, but I don't know if it's full of not, or even if it's updating.

Marvel Heroes has been shut down for a few years now
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • JayAstrophel
    JayAstrophel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm newer to the game, only been around a couple months, but the changes aren't affecting my enjoyment of the game. I still love running around and adventuring in this vast world
    TAMRIEL MERCENARIES AND ADVENTURERS SOCIETY
    CP460
    level cap characters -
    Aren'dra - khajiit ww stamblade - DPS - sneak-thief wanderer
    still leveling -
    Danara-jo - khajiit vamp magblade - healer - ancient scholar
    Lost-In-His-Wanderings - argonian magplar - healer - melancholy dreamer
    Riin-daro the Returned- khajiit necro - tank - pieced back together
    Paints-the-Skies - argonian magden - DPS - storyteller
    Furrin-ko - khajiit magden - healer - wild at heart
    Completely-Innocent - argonian magdk - DPS - gets into trouble
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Megatto wrote: »
    Geez... Late night and early morning, middle of the week, for most of the world, are you surprised no one was there? O.o nothing to do with a pre patch notes, pre pts, that very few people are aware about to begin with because no one comes to the forums. No one will care about this in a month when all the meta chasers watch alcahst videos on how to "fix* the issues, then everyone will be happy. Just like skrcs, or Templars, or DKs before the racials... So yeah... Please quit trying to prophetisize the end... It's not coming. Not for this tiny irrelevant change. Big PvP changes and ESO plus price hikes could, say for example, but not balancing. Balancing is easy to overcome. Be positive.

This type of scheme is what killed DCUO. Then it was sold because no one wanted to go back to it with strecthed out content.

Sound familiar?

Consider the difference in scale between a copycat of marvel MMO, and ESO. Balancing updates will always hit someone, but won't hurt the whole, not when ESO is so massive. If some weaklings aren't willing to either grind out change race, they'll go away, yes, but they represent very little of the game community. Very very little, they are just loud, but irrelevant in amount. It's like that guy that pokes a hole in his bike exhaust to make it loud... Sounds like a Hayabusa, but it's only a 250cc ninja. Just because they are loud, doesn't mean they have any power.

And the streamers, who attract lots people, those love these updates, some because they'll be the ones doing the meta, some because people will want to see what's new.. every single update is the same crybaby fest here, nothing new, but the are always more players coming than going, more streamers and more audience to this game, so balancing, again, isn't hurting.

Copycat of Marvel?

What Marvel game are you referencing?

Marvel heroes 201*. I played it 2014 or 15, not sure. Didn't like it, too restrictive at first. It's been going since then, but I don't know if it's full of not, or even if it's updating.

Marvel Heroes has been shut down for a few years now

I'm guessing it's a great thing I didn't open a mail I received about it not two months ago. Close call... I hate phishing.

Sticking to ESO send to always be a good call.
    Edited by ZonasArch on January 20, 2019 1:43AM