The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Hardly anyone on after Racial Passives Patchnote release

• LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Intextio wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    LOL don't buy the bull some of these guys are saying where "cities are packed", etc...

They like to live in their own little world and seeing one other person in their vicinity is like a whole "city" to them. Idiots.

The fact of the matter is, the game's population has been on a slow decline.

Its even MORE emphasized with this news with their game lead leaving or however he exited.

They know their numbers and they better do something soon to restore it to what it was because if any part of those so called racial passive changes makes it live, its the end game for this game.

I started playing May 2017 and if anything I find the game more populated then when I started.

This guy is saying he uses the group finder to determine whether or not the game is dead. That right there means you should ignore him.

LOL and this right here is why this guy has no clue about how the game community works.
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just a lot of players in PvP land. Or the urge to play has diminished for those at or over the cap due to the CP cap freeze? I have had players whispering to me in Spellscar why I was still farming mobs when I was grossly over CP cap. At that time, I was actually trying to level my Destro staff skill line.
    Edited by munster1404 on January 17, 2019 10:36PM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JadonSky wrote: »
    I live the new changes. The people that are mad are the ones that want the meta builds for every character they have.

I feel like giving 1 is a kind gesture. I mean when they nerf class skills you don't even have an option to switch classes you have to start from scratch. People should grateful they get a free race change token and if your lucky maybe a discount on them.

No one likes change but it was a change that was needed. When it comes to MMO's this is how it always is. Every MMO I have played they end up doing major changes for balance and you live with it or you don't. This is not a normal single player Elder Scrolls game so expect balance changes and live with the fact you made the choice to stay with the meta. Meta never last it will always move around in some way or forum.

There is nothing balanced about the changes. Their bank account's balance will go up immensely, and that's about it.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    DKMaestro wrote: »
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    I went to several capitol zones this evening. There was hardly anyone on.

I see discouragement making its way.
    My guild members will also be playing less.

Is anyone else feeling discouraged?

LOL. The overreaction is real here folks. I am sure even more people will be playing, and who cares for these MINOR adjustments. Yes they are MINOR.
    Gear, skills and playstyle dictates if you do well or not, not freaking racial passives.

And please stop with the self loathing - it fools no one.

Maybe thise might be "minor" adjustments to pre 160 or maybe even pre 300 cp characters but trust me these are HUGE adjustments to character who are at end game.

No end game player worth their salt is going to be freaking out until they get on PTS and see what the changes mean in real numbers. Then 99% of them will just race change to the appropriate race for their class & build.

My mag sorc will probably go Breton. *shrug*

LOL yeah maybe your a little kid who doesn't go to school or playing hookie or even slacking off in college but some of us have real lives that work and take care of families who play this game.

For us investing time can be a challenge and to force these people of the segment to redo their characters is a travesty to the whole genre of mmorpgs. I've played quite a few and I have to tell ya this is one of the most screwed up changes I've ever heard of, or OH I REMEMBER, I think they tried this on Lineage 2 at the END OF THEIR GAME CYCLE...so is ESO at the end of their game cycle to do something this drastic then hmm?

People like you are toxic to the playerbase or maybe to your own lives since you would have to reinvest that time to reroll, redo and in some cases re-level your character to where used to be BEFORE a nerf.

And the "wait and see" approach. LOL and you call yourself an end player that's been in this game awhile? Almost everytihng that makes it to the PTS goes live man. Never seen a case where something didnt in this game.

I race changed my mag sorc FROM breton to altmer, because end game. I'll use the free race change token to change him back most likely.

Remember shields having a 1 second cast time? It didn't go live. Plenty of things change or are adjusted in PTS.

These are not drastic changes. 99% of the end game community are not freaking out, they are crunching the numbers and looking at the options and waiting for the PTS so they can get some real data.

I find it ironic that you're calling ME toxic when you're the one panicking on the forums and claiming the game is dead because you logged in and thought there seemed to be less people around than you expected even though it was off peak time, the middle of the week and an event had just ended.

Let me tell you about hidden changes that I feel made it into this game or said "bugs" that are even worse than the 1s shield timer ok?

Sometimes when I dodge roll, I come up in a state where I am frozen in a crouching state and I can't target anything or do any attacks I do another dodge roll to get out of this state <- Is it just Mag Sorcerers or does this happen to all classes? Actually this happen quite often. Its kinda game breaking.

Also, I find that after the mag sorcerer nerfs, I have a really hard time doing line of sight with my staffs in targetting, especially lightning staffs. It's like literally I'm in a fight and I can't target even through they are right in front of me during combat. I kind of suspect at this point that this was a forced introduced bug by the developers to further nerf mag sorcerers with lightning staffs (LOL of course I'm joking but hey it is a real bug that is also game breaking).

BTW I seriously don't think they took out the 1s casting time limiter for shields. I've timed this and it actually takes 1s for the shield animate to activate and complete. this "instant" cast is ***.

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL don't buy the bull some of these guys are saying where "cities are packed", etc...

They like to live in their own little world and seeing one other person in their vicinity is like a whole "city" to them. Idiots.

Its even MORE emphasized with this news with their game lead leaving or however he exited.

They know their numbers and they better do something soon to restore it to what it was because if any part of those so called racial passive changes makes it live, its the end game for this game.

I started playing May 2017 and if anything I find the game more populated then when I started.

Like I said, the metric I use, the groupfinder tells me a completely different story.

I'm in 3 guilds and most AVOID the group finder cause PUGS is a 4 letter word.=

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might be time for a new guild. I recently gave up a dying guild, found a new one and am having all kinds of fun running events with them.

I decided to farm a public dungeon after this announcement and found multiple players hanging around the boss sights. So from my perspective the changes have caused an unwelcome serge in player population.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats really refreshing to see.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Eh, it's not that big of a deal. My stats change more just from losing a scroll in Cyrodil. I'm sure we'll all pull up our proverbial, dramatic breeches and soldier on.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES,
    ANOTHER BIG GENERIC NERF to anyone who is trying to play high execute DPS in Cyrodil

I guess ZOS wants us all in these giant mediocre sustain based balls where the only way to kill anyone is like a 6 v 1.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA Vivec City is as always packed, was all day. Nothing's changed there.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They nerfed most max stat builds.

Big thanks to the crybabies who worried about power creep, glass cannons, life tanks, elitism and biased races.

Now we have cold nerfing 4 everyone, still a lot of biased races and some crap hybrid races.

My healer and DPS templer will switch roles. Glad I did not make one a Breton. For the rest, I will have to crap a bunch of my chars. At least now I can start some Necromancers.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Cool. Coool. Thank you bro.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats really refreshing to see.

Bear in mind also that in the past year there have been so many problems logging in to ESO through Steam that a lot of players who linked their ESO accounts to Steam prior to the cut-off date in December 2016 are now logging in direct rather than through Steam.
    Edited by Tandor on January 17, 2019 11:36PM
  • grizzledcroc
    grizzledcroc
    ✭✭✭✭
    People were acting like this with the massive stamina sustain changes and here we are.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy is saying he uses the group finder to determine whether or not the game is dead. That right there means you should ignore him.

LOL and this right here is why this guy has no clue about how the game community works.

Oh, please explain to me how the game community works. Explain to me how a single feature that only one specific part of the community uses is an accurate descriptor of how many people are playing this game.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assuming no sarcasm there.... I am NOT a bro. Try "sis".
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Slow decline my ass. You are just making *** up and trying to stir up trouble. Knock it off.

Not the first time either... But today I won't say anything because I got a warning :X
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though I spent today in cyrodiil there was plenty of people around during standard 9-5 work hours too.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No I'm actually amazingly happy and am eager to see the game continue in a healthy and balanced way
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It was genuine. Dont really do sarcasm.
    Sister.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. It was genuine. Dont really do sarcasm.
    Sister.

<3
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

Oh, please explain to me how the game community works. Explain to me how a single feature that only one specific part of the community uses is an accurate descriptor of how many people are playing this game.

Er how do you think most casual get groups? Seriously? Do you even need to ask such an obvious question?

Wow I am really worried about the average intelligence of this community.
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    @LightMaster7 why do you play this game if it upsets you?
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭
    coj901 wrote: »
    @LightMaster7 why do you play this game if it upsets you?

well I would regret the time I put into this game if I didn't at least voice my opinion on said changes that may (most likely) occur.

But who knows right? Maybe someone at ZOS will have enough brains to review these horrible racial changes and come up with a better system than what they are thinking as well as compensate the current community in a fair way (not 1 racial change for the entire account).

But I will say, if these changes do go in as it is, that will be the end of my time in this game and honestly I don't think I speak alone.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Er how do you think most casual get groups? Seriously? Do you even need to ask such an obvious question?

Of the total number of players how many do you think use the group finder on the regular? You know even casual players got guilds, right?
    Despite those two things I haven't seen any noticeable change in the Group Finder queue. But hey, that doesn't fit your narrative so I'm either lying or too dumb to realize how doomed this game is.
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    For sure. There’s going to be some form of discouragement from the vast majority of people. While the racial changes are cool and all, it’s a little frustrating to have to spend even more money to min/max all 10 characters...

But at the same time... this is an mmo.. things are ever changing and always evolving. So as much as it sucks, I chose to play the game how I want and this is the type of doodoo that goes along with it.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭

Of the total number of players how many do you think use the group finder on the regular? You know even casual players got guilds, right?
    Despite those two things I haven't seen any noticeable change in the Group Finder queue. But hey, that doesn't fit your narrative so I'm either lying or too dumb to realize how doomed this game is.

That really depends on when you started playing. If you started playing a bit before the Sorcerer nerfs happened, you'd realize that there was a HUGE, DRAMATIC decline of players using the Group Finder and an almost EXPONENTIAL INCREASE in the wait time for a dps, which honestly used to be like 5 mins average.

What is it now? LIke 30-45 mins? One time I think I had it in queue for like an hour.

LOL yeah this game sure is thriving *sarcasm*
  • Intextio
    Intextio
    ✭✭✭

That really depends on when you started playing. If you started playing a bit before the Sorcerer nerfs happened, you'd realize that there was a HUGE, DRAMATIC decline of players using the Group Finder and an almost EXPONENTIAL INCREASE in the wait time for a dps, which honestly used to be like 5 mins average.

What is it now? LIke 30-45 mins? One time I think I had it in queue for like an hour.

My DPS wait was only 15 mins today. No idea what you are talking about.
  • LightMaster7
    LightMaster7
    ✭✭✭✭

My DPS wait was only 15 mins today. No idea what you are talking about.

I didn't say it was ALWAYS like this did i? I'm sure there is the occasional quirk. BTW 15mins isn't exaclty "quick"?

Let's just say you got lucky today.