The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hardly anyone on after Racial Passives Patchnote release

• Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sevomd69 wrote: »
    Lab3360 wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Geez... Late night and early morning, middle of the week, for most of the world, are you surprised no one was there? O.o nothing to do with a pre patch notes, pre pts, that very few people are aware about to begin with because no one comes to the forums. No one will care about this in a month when all the meta chasers watch alcahst videos on how to "fix* the issues, then everyone will be happy. Just like skrcs, or Templars, or DKs before the racials... So yeah... Please quit trying to prophetisize the end... It's not coming. Not for this tiny irrelevant change. Big PvP changes and ESO plus price hikes could, say for example, but not balancing. Balancing is easy to overcome. Be positive.

This type of scheme is what killed DCUO. Then it was sold because no one wanted to go back to it with strecthed out content.

Sound familiar?

No...not really...

Oh.
  • Arrodisia
    Arrodisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised at all. It isn't the changes themselves driving people away. I see lots of people copmplaining in the chat but not really playing right now. It's the part where we end up paying for respecs and name changes on multiple chars that people are more upset about. Especially since they cost more than the sub expansions together for players with a full load of chars. many people have a lot of alts. The whole thing is very underhanded considering these changes are coming within content we're already paying for each month and one time purchase content, (dlc's, expansions, and subs....) and because they poorly balanced them in the first place is the biggest reason why the players shouldn't get left with the burden in any case.

I hope. ZOS comes to their senses, because this will cause a much larger loss of player base than they think. Most people grumble but take nerfs. However, selling fixes to their balancing incompetence which effect raw output in the crown store is not something a lot of players will support. Many games have lost massive support to things like this. ZOS will be no different in that regard.
    Edited by Arrodisia on January 17, 2019 9:38PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got on both EU and NA PC, both are hopping. Don't see any difference.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Geez... Late night and early morning, middle of the week, for most of the world, are you surprised no one was there? O.o nothing to do with a pre patch notes, pre pts, that very few people are aware about to begin with because no one comes to the forums. No one will care about this in a month when all the meta chasers watch alcahst videos on how to "fix* the issues, then everyone will be happy. Just like skrcs, or Templars, or DKs before the racials... So yeah... Please quit trying to prophetisize the end... It's not coming. Not for this tiny irrelevant change. Big PvP changes and ESO plus price hikes could, say for example, but not balancing. Balancing is easy to overcome. Be positive.

This type of scheme is what killed DCUO. Then it was sold because no one wanted to go back to it with strecthed out content.

Sound familiar?

Consider the difference in scale between a copycat of marvel MMO, and ESO. Balancing updates will always hit someone, but won't hurt the whole, not when ESO is so massive. If some weaklings aren't willing to either grind out change race, they'll go away, yes, but they represent very little of the game community. Very very little, they are just loud, but irrelevant in amount. It's like that guy that pokes a hole in his bike exhaust to make it loud... Sounds like a Hayabusa, but it's only a 250cc ninja. Just because they are loud, doesn't mean they have any power.

And the streamers, who attract lots people, those love these updates, some because they'll be the ones doing the meta, some because people will want to see what's new.. every single update is the same crybaby fest here, nothing new, but the are always more players coming than going, more streamers and more audience to this game, so balancing, again, isn't hurting.

Copycat of Marvel?

What Marvel game are you referencing?

Marvel heroes 201*. I played it 2014 or 15, not sure. Didn't like it, too restrictive at first. It's been going since then, but I don't know if it's full of not, or even if it's updating.

Incorrect

Dcuo was released in January 11, 2011
    Marvel Heroes was released in June 4 2013

Dcuo was developed before Marvel heroes and the game mechanics play nothing alike .
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can I have everyone's stuff?
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised at all. It isn't the changes themselves driving people away. I see lots of people copmplaining in the chat but not really palying right now. It's the part where we end up paying for respecs and name changes on multiple chars that people are more upset about. Especially since they cost more than the sub expansions together for players with a full load of chars. many people have a lot of alts. The whole thing is very underhanded considering these changes are coming within content we're already paying for each month and one time purchase content, (dlc's, expansions, and subs....) and because they poorly balanced them in the first place is the biggest reason why the players shouldn't get left with the burden in any case.

I hope. ZOS comes to their senses, because this will cause a much larger loss of player base than they think. Most people grumble but take nerfs. However, selling fixes to their balancing incompetence which effect raw output in the crown store is not something a lot of players will support. Many games have lost massive support to things like this. ZOS will be no different in that regard.

Most casuals are not going to see this. Its a problem in thr gamin industry atm. The AAA developers have been conditioning younger players with this for a while. They think its a normal practice, when in reality it is not.

Im already looking into other non service games.
    Edited by Lab3360 on January 17, 2019 7:24PM
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭
    lol I will play more if possible; I am very relieved the sledge hammer wasn't used.

When they took shields on a ride for Sorc I was discourage but found out I didn't need shields or pets to be a sorc and now enjoy no pet sorc without a shield. I think it will not be all that bad especially after some pts and feedback are applied.

All I know is I am having fun NUMBERS really don't mean all that much as long as there is FUN.

Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Minimal changes IMO that won't drastically change anything.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sound familiar?

Consider the difference in scale between a copycat of marvel MMO, and ESO. Balancing updates will always hit someone, but won't hurt the whole, not when ESO is so massive. If some weaklings aren't willing to either grind out change race, they'll go away, yes, but they represent very little of the game community. Very very little, they are just loud, but irrelevant in amount. It's like that guy that pokes a hole in his bike exhaust to make it loud... Sounds like a Hayabusa, but it's only a 250cc ninja. Just because they are loud, doesn't mean they have any power.

And the streamers, who attract lots people, those love these updates, some because they'll be the ones doing the meta, some because people will want to see what's new.. every single update is the same crybaby fest here, nothing new, but the are always more players coming than going, more streamers and more audience to this game, so balancing, again, isn't hurting.

Copycat of Marvel?

What Marvel game are you referencing?

Marvel heroes 201*. I played it 2014 or 15, not sure. Didn't like it, too restrictive at first. It's been going since then, but I don't know if it's full of not, or even if it's updating.

Incorrect

Dcuo was released in January 11, 2011
    Marvel Heroes was released in June 4 2013

Dcuo was developed before Marvel heroes and the game mechanics play nothing alike .

Interesting. I stand corrected.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Nope. Minimal changes IMO that won't drastically change anything.

Sure if you want to ignore mathematical metrics
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to several capitol zones this evening. There was hardly anyone on.

I see discouragement making its way.
    My guild members will also be playing less.

Is anyone else feeling discouraged?

Elden Root had the normal weekday crowd when I logged in (PC NA).

Are you trying to convince us that the majority of weekday players are leaving the game ?
    Several polls here in this forum show that the majority of players are not changing races based on the future changes.

• JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live the new changes. The people that are mad are the ones that want the meta builds for every character they have.

I feel like giving 1 is a kind gesture. I mean when they nerf class skills you don't even have an option to switch classes you have to start from scratch. People should grateful they get a free race change token and if your lucky maybe a discount on them.

No one likes change but it was a change that was needed. When it comes to MMO's this is how it always is. Every MMO I have played they end up doing major changes for balance and you live with it or you don't. This is not a normal single player Elder Scrolls game so expect balance changes and live with the fact you made the choice to stay with the meta. Meta never last it will always move around in some way or forum.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

Are you trying to convince us that the majority of weekday players are leaving the game ?
    Several polls here in this forum show that the majority of players are not changing races based on the future changes.

No. I was concerned.

Majority. Yes.

But you ignore large minority.
    30% is not a small number when we talk about the paying customers who dont like the changes.
    Edited by Lab3360 on January 17, 2019 7:56PM
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I was concerned.

Remember the sorcerer changes ? Remember how posters stated that no one would play a sorcerer ?
    Don't let the forum fear mongering get to you.

• Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I was concerned.

Remember the sorcerer changes ? Remember how posters stated that no one would play a sorcerer ?
    Don't let the forum fear mongering get to you.

Its not the fear mongering.

I have seen the cumulative affect that take its toll on mmos.

Omenof the other glaring priblems being glossed over Imperial Race.
    That was a "Purchased Race" expensive too.

Now they nerfed it. Seems kinda sleezy to advertise an item, sell it, then turn around and change it after purchase.

Seems really sleezy to me.
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are overthinking it.....
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      These doomsday scenarios are pretty typical for this period between the announcement and an update going live. They never come to anything of course, and even those who quit the game on critical points of principle invariably return, let alone those who QQ on an initial forum announcement before anything is even on PTS let alone Live.

As it happens, I was at a dye station earlier and had to line up behind a whole mass of players. I've never seen so many players there, but I suppose they were all dyeing their gear before quitting over the racial changes...
    • essi2
      essi2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      The changes are largely, just okay.
      "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
    • Agenericname
      Agenericname
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      4fabb1873570a6b1b4a1976fe1d33d1f.gif
    • Lab3360
      Lab3360
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Maybe you are overthinking it.....

Please elaborate.
    • Ogou
      Ogou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nope. I don't mind the changes. Besides, most people playing the game don't actively visit the forums. I doubt they would react before it even hits the PTS.
    • Lab3360
      Lab3360
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Tandor wrote: »
      These doomsday scenarios are pretty typical for this period between the announcement and an update going live. They never come to anything of course, and even those who quit the game on critical points of principle invariably return, let alone those who QQ on an initial forum announcement before anything is even on PTS let alone Live.

As it happens, I was at a dye station earlier and had to line up behind a whole mass of players. I've never seen so many players there, but I suppose they were all dyeing their gear before quitting over the racial changes...

Im happy about that. I dont want the game to die for any reason.
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nop,

changes seems in right direction!
      How is that so ? If those changes would go live in a current state we will have basically 2 bis race choices:
      - Redguard for stam DPS & Tanking
      - Breton for mag DPS & Healing
      Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 17, 2019 9:11PM
    • Chufu
      Chufu
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      cat.png
    • Darlon
      Darlon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Cities are packed with ppl tonight... guess op is trying to start a panic or riot.... it's not working...
    • Lab3360
      Lab3360
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Darlon wrote: »
      Cities are packed with ppl tonight... guess op is trying to start a panic or riot.... it's not working...

I was genuinely concerned for the game. I have never seen the game where there was not even zone chat chatter.

Maybe try not reading into post with less than honorable intent.
    • Lab3360
      Lab3360
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ccmedaddy wrote: »
      Can I have everyone's stuff?

Sure. As soon as tou get good.
    • susmitds
      susmitds
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      LOL don't buy the bull some of these guys are saying where "cities are packed", etc...

They like to live in their own little world and seeing one other person in their vicinity is like a whole "city" to them. Idiots.

The fact of the matter is, the game's population has been on a slow decline.

Its even MORE emphasized with this news with their game lead leaving or however he exited.

They know their numbers and they better do something soon to restore it to what it was because if any part of those so called racial passive changes makes it live, its the end game for this game.

If the game's population is truly declining, if you are of the opinion that not changing the balance to please the existing customer base will save the population, you are delusional. Statistics has shown over and over again that stagnancy in a state of affairs is worse than a temporary regression and anarchy.
    • dem0n1k
      dem0n1k
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      DooooOOOOOOooOOOOOoooOOOOoommmmm !!!

Naw, population seemed larger than usual in Cyrodiil last night.
      NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    • LightMaster7
      LightMaster7
      ✭✭✭✭
      susmitds wrote: »
      LOL don't buy the bull some of these guys are saying where "cities are packed", etc...

They like to live in their own little world and seeing one other person in their vicinity is like a whole "city" to them. Idiots.

The fact of the matter is, the game's population has been on a slow decline.

Its even MORE emphasized with this news with their game lead leaving or however he exited.

They know their numbers and they better do something soon to restore it to what it was because if any part of those so called racial passive changes makes it live, its the end game for this game.

If the game's population is truly declining, if you are of the opinion that not changing the balance to please the existing customer base will save the population, you are delusional. Statistics has shown over and over again that stagnancy in a state of affairs is worse than a temporary regression and anarchy.

The problem is the game wasn't "stagnant" before they changed the whole class of the sorcerer and nerfed them to hell. Now they are going to do to the whole game what they did to this class on a META LEVEL.

Yeah we will see how that pans out.