The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

POLL - More Race Change Tokens?

marius_buys
marius_buys
✭✭✭✭✭
Significant changes have been made to race passives for which ZOS offers just one race change token per account. Many vet players have eight or more fully levelled characters. Should the one race token offer alter or is it good enough?
Edited by marius_buys on January 17, 2019 2:08PM

POLL - More Race Change Tokens? 338 votes

1 per account
24% 82 votes
1 per character
57% 195 votes
ulimited for one month
18% 61 votes
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *sigh* Where's the "OTHER" option?

"OTHER": I don't care. I'm not changing race on any of my girls, on either account.
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    * unlimited
    Options
  • NskDen
    NskDen
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    *sigh* Where's the "OTHER" option?

"OTHER": I don't care. I'm not changing race on any of my girls, on either account.

This <3
    Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why race change when there is only 1 race?
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a full refund token -- purchase price + subs.

I hate what you're going to do to the characters I've developed over the course of years by playing according to your rules ZOS.

But gratz Khajiit casters, I'm glad your poor decision making is being validated.

* seriously ZOS, if you never want to hear my complaints again, I'd take a full refund to go away. Contact in me in private if someone wants to make this happen!
    Edited by zyk on January 17, 2019 6:49AM
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »

So you're going to change which one of your 8 characters for free and pay for the other 7 yourself?
    Provided you wish to change after the racial changes as they are significantly affected.

Thats a 21000 crown comment coming out of your pocket. Not very economically astute option is it?
    Edited by marius_buys on January 17, 2019 5:07AM
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not about to have to buy 6 ***** race change tokens I swear to God
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think asking for unlimited is unreasonable.
    I think one per character might also be a bit much.
    People are going to want to change every character? Really?
    Maybe more than one would be better or a half off price or something for a couple of weeks.

Regardless Im not race changing any of mine.

Edited by Katahdin on January 17, 2019 5:39AM
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think 1 race change per class.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1 change per character.

When you make sweeping changes like this that would require players to recreate characters to deal with, then you should offer some form of recompense. Another game I play, Warframe, often does things like this, and each time they always refund players for anything they've committed into the old system. Reworking mods/upgrades? We'll refund your Endo and any cores you put into them. Reworking the focus system? We'll refund all points and any Eidolon shards you've put into the waybounds. All of these things is dozens upon dozens of hours worth of grinding, oh, and did I mention, it's a free game?

When a free game can offer players some form of recompense, there's no reason why a premium game shouldn't be able to, outside of pure corporate greed.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    People are going to want to change every character? Really?

Why wouldn't they? Racial stats aren't cosmetic. They are a key factor when deciding on a race. Anyone who placed importance in stats and is negatively impacted by changes won't be happy with those characters anymore.

ZOS is making fundamental changes that would have resulted in different race selections for more than half of my characters.

ZOS isn't just tweaking the current system. This is a full revamp.
    Edited by zyk on January 17, 2019 6:07AM
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Orc?
    Ghettokid approve this )
    Options
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 per character.

Anything less is an insult.
    PC-NA Goat
    Options
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 per CP level character.

I have 13 CP level characters. Some races are chosen for min/max, some are chosen for themes based on what they bring to the table. Many of those themes and min maxes as well are ruined by these changes.

A single race change token is offensively inadequate, especially since those of us with so many characters are likely the players spending the most on this game with subs and crowns and precious race changes.

I see race changes have been on sale in the crown store - kind of a cheap move, don’t you think? Put that out there as a “deal”, and then announce sweeping changes? I realize myself that these changes have been in the works for a while, but some people just play the game and don’t follow the latest info.

A single race change is a slap in the face for s lot do people who’ve spent a lot of money on this game.

The changes themselves are whatever. . . Well all survive, the power creep was already absurd. But a single race change? Get real. You must be joking.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think maybe 2 per account would be okay. Most of the changes aren't really that severe,.
    Options
  • Tawniey
    Tawniey
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly feel like those who are severely worked up about the racial stat updates are kind of missing the point of this.

It's not that they're rearranging which race is going to be best at what. They're leveling the playing field so that racial choice doesn't matter as much when considering builds. Right now if you play magdps, you pretty much have to be an Altmer/Dunmer/Breton. If you're stamdps, your choices come down to Bosmer/Khajiit/Redguard. Healing? Argonian. Maybe Breton. Tanking of course goes to Imperials, Orcs and Nords.

While yes, it makes some amount of lore sense to say that each race would lean toward a different role talent, there's a huge difference between "Altmer tend to be good with magic inherently, so you'll probably see a few more mages than warriors." and "Altmer who want to play stamdps are just be missing out on a huge chunk of their main damage scaling resource, whether or not they choose to waste the 9 skill points to max the line".

One is: "Hey, I'm enjoying X aspect of my class, so I think I'll go with that role. It's also neat because I have a helpful and unique passive for being this race!"
    The other is: "Screw character design-- if I want to play the game effectively and be welcomed into difficult end-game content, I have to decide from the start exactly what playstyle I want to pursue on this toon, or purchase a change later for money."

This update isn't going to suddenly mean that in order to be The Best Min-Maxed Tank, you'll have to change your race from Imperial to Dunmer. It's going to mean that your Imperial tank isn't going to be vastly better at their role than your Dunmer tank. And that's the way it should be.

You shouldn't have to choose between enjoying difficult or competitive gameplay and having fun creating an interesting character who is rooted in the game's lore and story.

A successful game lets you do both.
    [ESO-Database Profile] | [Ridiculous TES Musings]
    [ESO Fanfic: Soulbound]
    (site being revamped, pardon for now)
    —✩—
    they/them
    PC-NA | Playing since 2015
    Options
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of this changes anything about some races being better or worse. There are still clear winners and losers.

I am glad to see some classes like the khajiit have some benefits for being casters, but for every positive change there are negatives. Argonians were massively nerfed nearly back to their original poor state. Dark elves are optimal nowhere. Even in PVP you’d be better off with a race that came with some sustain.

Anyways. I don’t really care. However we deserve a race change for any CP level charachters we leveled based on outdated information. Anything is is a joke and a blatant cash grab.
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tawniey wrote: »
    I honestly feel like those who are severely worked up about the racial stat updates are kind of missing the point of this.

It's not that they're rearranging which race is going to be best at what. They're leveling the playing field so that racial choice doesn't matter as much when considering builds. Right now if you play magdps, you pretty much have to be an Altmer/Dunmer/Breton. If you're stamdps, your choices come down to Bosmer/Khajiit/Redguard. Healing? Argonian. Maybe Breton. Tanking of course goes to Imperials, Orcs and Nords.

No, actually, you don't need to choose optimal races to be successful in ESO unless you play competitive PVE or PVP. After the change, one will still need to play optimal races for competitive play, it will just be a different group of races.

In theory, they've made life less bad for casual players with sub-optimal builds who play in pug raids, but in practice I would bet those dumb raid leads still discriminate based on the new BIS racial hierarchy.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted on unlimited for one month, although maybe a couple of weeks is a better amount of time.

I won't make use of it myself, but I don't see why there needs to be a limit after such an overhaul. Give everyone a couple of weeks to make changes, carry on and forget it happened.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meant to put one per char, but this is needed. Like 100000%
    Options
  • Tawniey
    Tawniey
    ✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I honestly feel like...

No, actually, you don't need to choose optimal races to be successful in ESO unless you play competitive PVE or PVP. After the change, one will still need to play optimal races for competitive play, it will just be a different group of races.

In theory, they've made life less bad for casual players with sub-optimal builds who play in pug raids, but in practice I would bet those dumb raid leads still discriminate based on the new BIS racial hierarchy.

I'd really like you to explain to me how the very specific changes being made are going to turn all the tables on build choices. Please. I've got time. Make a chart, do some math, whatever. Here is the list of specific changes.

As you so aptly put it in your first post-- Khajiit have a better chance as casters now. I'm so sure that Khajiit has now become the clear magdps choice. Everyone go change your Altmer casters while you have the chance!

Sidenote-- dude, do you really have to be so negative about a relatively small quality of life change that likely barely impacts you? Berating players who want a Khajiiti caster? Asking Zos to buy your silence (lmao)? Now going on about how the intended benefit of this was somehow specifically directed at "sub-optimal pug casuals" (bc anyone who doesn't spend their life measuring the metric difference between a point spent in Piercing and one in Precise Strikes is probably a loser babygamer who doesn't understand l33t sk1llz)-- and that it'd fail regardless? Are you okay?

[ESO-Database Profile] | [Ridiculous TES Musings]
    [ESO Fanfic: Soulbound]
    (site being revamped, pardon for now)
    —✩—
    they/them
    PC-NA | Playing since 2015
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    I’m not about to have to buy 6 ***** race change tokens I swear to God

Hahahaha :D you're really surprised? Seriously did anyone thought ZOS will not use this opportunity, that whiners gave them, to earn some money? LOL.

Cry and pay, we WILL NEVER GET MORE THAN 1 FREE RACE CHANGE, I can bet on it :)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I voted on unlimited for one month, although maybe a couple of weeks is a better amount of time.

I won't make use of it myself, but I don't see why there needs to be a limit after such an overhaul. Give everyone a couple of weeks to make changes, carry on and forget it happened.

Not going to happen, these changes were made in very subtle manner but general purpose is to earn cash on those tickets ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    I honestly feel like...

I'd really like you to explain to me how the very specific changes being made are going to turn all the tables on build choices. Please. I've got time. Make a chart, do some math, whatever. Here is the list of specific changes.

As you so aptly put it in your first post-- Khajiit have a better chance as casters now. I'm so sure that Khajiit has now become the clear magdps choice. Everyone go change your Altmer casters while you have the chance!

Sidenote-- dude, do you really have to be so negative about a relatively small quality of life change that likely barely impacts you? Berating players who want a Khajiiti caster? Asking Zos to buy your silence (lmao)? Now going on about how the intended benefit of this was somehow specifically directed at "sub-optimal pug casuals" (bc anyone who doesn't spend their life measuring the metric difference between a point spent in Piercing and one in Precise Strikes is probably a loser babygamer who doesn't understand l33t sk1llz)-- and that it'd fail regardless? Are you okay?

Small change you say? Let's see.

My Altmer MagSorc currently has arround 40k magicka, and 2,2 magicka recovery. Around 10% of my max magicka ~3600 comes from passive, now it will be flat 2000, it's almost twice worse. Around 200 of my magicka recovery comes from my passives, now it will be (575)/6=96 recovery per second. Again almost twice as bad.

But let's look at Bretons.
    Yes they will suffer the same fate with max mag but:
    Now they receive flat 100 mag recovery (more than high elves) which they haven't at all but also they get buffed their cost reduction passive over 2x from 3 to 7%.

Yeah pretty meaningless changes, riiiight.
    Edited by Mayrael on January 17, 2019 9:04AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!

Options
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well unlimited seems overkill.

but if they jsut make the race change open in the charselection for 1 month then ok, but no token hoarding pls.

Else 1 / Char is the bare minimum
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 characters are unconcerned.
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Turelus wrote: »

Not going to happen, these changes were made in very subtle manner but general purpose is to earn cash on those tickets ;)
    I think that's stretching it.

We've been asking for them for a long time. Also most race/role combos didn't change that much. The main reason to change would be for people chasing the "very best"
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While yes, it makes some amount of lore sense to say that each race would lean toward a different role talent, there's a huge difference between "Altmer tend to be good with magic inherently, so you'll probably see a few more mages than warriors." and "Altmer who want to play stamdps are just be missing out on a huge chunk of their main damage scaling resource, whether or not they choose to waste the 9 skill points to max the line".

One is: "Hey, I'm enjoying X aspect of my class, so I think I'll go with that role. It's also neat because I have a helpful and unique passive for being this race!"
    The other is: "Screw character design-- if I want to play the game effectively and be welcomed into difficult end-game content, I have to decide from the start exactly what playstyle I want to pursue on this toon, or purchase a change later for money."

This update isn't going to suddenly mean that in order to be The Best Min-Maxed Tank, you'll have to change your race from Imperial to Dunmer. It's going to mean that your Imperial tank isn't going to be vastly better at their role than your Dunmer tank. And that's the way it should be.

You shouldn't have to choose between enjoying difficult or competitive gameplay and having fun creating an interesting character who is rooted in the game's lore and story.

A successful game lets you do both.

I assume you didn't READ the changes. That's NOT what they are doing... AT ALL.

There are now FEWER choices for BiS. And some races are practically useless.
    Options
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One per character within a month and then all tokens expire. That would be more than fair and if so i would welcome new changes, even the poor ones.
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other, not gonna change race. Although I'll probably use it to change hair on my main since the current hairstyle looks bad with hats.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options