The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How about the famous Daedric weapons in PvP

Knootewoot
Knootewoot
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
The TES games always had some nice named Daedric armors and weapons. It would be nice if these would be obtainable in PvP. They could be found in caves, or as a reward from a Daedric prince in Cyyrodill only.

I think a ruleset could be

- The weapon/armor can only be obtained by one player at a time
- The Daedric weapons / armors can only be used in Cyyrodil
- The weapons/armor cannot be removed from inventory (and do not take up space)
- If a player does not participate in PvP for more then 20 hours, the items are available again in Cyyrodill (though quest/exploration) and the player who had them no longer has them
- They weapons are not overpowered but should have some nice stats and 1 stat bonuses
- If a player dies by another player (the one who does the killing blow) he looses the items and his killer gets the items in inventory
- Players who wield Daedric weapons, or have them in inventory, have a dark aura around them so they can be recognized by other players

Some nice weapons could be:

Cuirass of Savior hide
Dawnbreaker
Mace of Molag Ball
Masque of Clavius vile
Hircine ring
volendrung
Sanguine rose

Just to name a few. Would add some more to PvP

Whaddayathink?
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
"I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Angavar
    Angavar
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome idea. I would add that the items should only be use able within the campaign that they were acquired in, to prevent people bringing them over from buff servers.

Also that a player may only use one item at a time (not multiple items at once).

Other than that, I love it. Would add some alternate objectives to cyrodiil, encourage small scale fights and reward the adventurous.

Would be great if they had dynamic spawn points rather than static, to prevent campers and such, and could be obtained through various challenges like solo instances, puzzles, world bosses etc.
    S'irinar the Shadow - VR14 NB (AD)
    Antakh the Bold - VR6 DK (AD)
    Arkoth the Darkweaver - VR5 Sorc (AD)
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Angavar wrote: »
    Awesome idea. I would add that the items should only be use able within the campaign that they were acquired in, to prevent people bringing them over from buff servers.

Also that a player may only use one item at a time (not multiple items at once).

Other than that, I love it. Would add some alternate objectives to cyrodiil, encourage small scale fights and reward the adventurous.

Would be great if they had dynamic spawn points rather than static, to prevent campers and such, and could be obtained through various challenges like solo instances, puzzles, world bosses etc.

Great additions to rulesets. Yes this would be great if some more would be added to PvP for.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's coming yay (a necromancer resurrected this topic)
    Edited by Knootewoot on January 16, 2019 7:15AM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Cyrodiil
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grats.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot confirmed as ZOS secret puppet master. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant wait to see people run for all those daedric artifacts...
    But I dont understand, why the weapon Volendrung needs you to kill people for keeping the effect up. This theme rather matches the ebony blade given by Mephala.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    But I dont understand, why the weapon Volendrung needs you to kill people for keeping the effect up. This theme rather matches the ebony blade given by Mephala.

Yeah, but they don't want people to get the Uberweapons and then just gloat in a keep doing nothing, log out or do PvE stuff in IC or something.

A count down timer wouldn't be fun either. I think a timer that adds time (with a max limit) everytime you slay a player is a good choice.

I really like how you get a new skillline so my guess is you probably can't use your other skills other then the new weapons. Just like WW.

I mean, nobody wants a shieldstacking sorc wielding that weapon, or a permacloaked NB or a flappywing DK.

No, i think it's just that weapons skills and nothing else.

I am so content with this and i cannot wait for it to happen.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

Yeah, but they don't want people to get the Uberweapons and then just gloat in a keep doing nothing, log out or do PvE stuff in IC or something.

A count down timer wouldn't be fun either. I think a timer that adds time (with a max limit) everytime you slay a player is a good choice.

I really like how you get a new skillline so my guess is you probably can't use your other skills other then the new weapons. Just like WW.

I mean, nobody wants a shieldstacking sorc wielding that weapon, or a permacloaked NB or a flappywing DK.

No, i think it's just that weapons skills and nothing else.

I am so content with this and i cannot wait for it to happen.

You will get new stats and 5 new skills plus ultimate, immediately filling your bars. So you really change into some kind of mini daedric prince or creature while carrying the daedric artifact. You will not be able to use any other skills while carrying the artifact.

What I meant before was only some issue with the lore. Surely there would be a problem, if the carrier just stops playing, fighting or whatever with the artifact. If you log off or leave cyro, you probably will automatically drop the weapon. Probably it will respawn in an unknown location or will stay absent till the new spawn.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, if you hold volendrung you will get access to 5 new skill and a new ultimate, I’m the only one wondering if it will worth using on a mag char ? I mean volendrung is a 2h mass, it sound only interesting for stams
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We arleady got dawnbreaker...
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's not the weapon itself which does that but Sheogorath's curse, as they said it more that all his deals come with a price.

Edit: Think of it as not feeding the weapon but keeping Sheogorath amused lest he take the toy away and give it to someone more entertaining.
    Edited by Turelus on January 16, 2019 1:32PM
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they mention how often they would re-spawn?

@Turelus we might get to wield the WABBAJACK!!! :smiling_imp:
    Edited by Nermy on January 16, 2019 1:40PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nermy wrote: »
    Not that I recall. I think the details haven't been fully worked out yet, I would guess closer to Q2 we'll have an article and Wheeler on ESO Live to give full information.
    Turelus we might get to wield the WABBAJACK!!! ;)
    Clearly we need to find a way to pay off a ZOS underling to edit the code and only allow Wabbajack Guild members to pick it up.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Not that I recall. I think the details haven't been fully worked out yet, I would guess closer to Q2 we'll have an article and Wheeler on ESO Live to give full information.
    Turelus we might get to wield the WABBAJACK!!! ;)
    Clearly we need to find a way to pay off a ZOS underling to edit the code and only allow Wabbajack Guild members to pick it up.

Oh yes!!!
    Edited by Nermy on January 16, 2019 4:15PM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    shiiiyyyet, this is the original suggestion to elswyr pvp update
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

There’s one of these from 2014
    The op actually wrote out the abilities of the weapons

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/142036/daedric-prince-weapons#latest
    Edited by Irylia on January 21, 2019 4:11PM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should require an AR rank of 20 to use that way silly level 23 Billy doesn't pick it up when someone else could be using it.
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    evoniee wrote: »

There’s one of these from 2014
    The op actually wrote out the abilities of the weapons

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/142036/daedric-prince-weapons#latest

Sweet find. didn't even know about that topic. Guess i am / was not the only one who thought about something similar the devs now cooked up.
    Edited by Knootewoot on January 21, 2019 5:46PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »
    Should require an AR rank of 20 to use that way silly level 23 Billy doesn't pick it up when someone else could be using it.

Yea, can't have pvp noobs having any fun and deciding to come back.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been asking for said weapons to spawn in Cyrodiil for years. Needless to say I'm excited for Volendrung, hope it's ridiculously OP. Can't wait for more to be announced.
    PC EU