The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Daedric Prince weapons!

Chrlynsch
Chrlynsch
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Here is a little idea I cooked up. If you are familiar with elder scrolls lore and a way to mix up things in pvp this will be for you! Daedric Lords often meddle in the lives of mortals, and often try and sway the course of history. What if we allowed their gifts into the world, where would they be available to us?

Cyrodiil is the perfect place!

Emperors are great but we only have one per campaign, as it should be. To gain emperor you must fight and over power both your enemies, this usually leads to putting all of your eggs in one buff server. Once you have an active emp it makes it almost impossible to overthrow buff servers. Which leads to Thornblade becoming overwhelmed lag fest and no fun. Daedric Lords will allow non emperor factions to go out into Cyrodiil and track down their relics in order to spice things up!

How would these items become available to us and what are their restrictions?

Every hour a new relic will become available in the world. These items will appear in random Delves around Cyrodiil and markers will appear on the map (like scrolls) as they become available to non emperor factions. As a player you only be able to use one relic at a time as it removes your normal hotbar, and the ability to swap weapons. Similar restrictions to a scroll, you cannot go to certain areas such as your own gates, though you can fast travel between keeps your alliance controls, death/log out/afk drops the relic and can be picked up by any non emperor faction.

Here are some ideas for the artifacts:

All items do unscalling damage and heals based on flat rates and % resource costs

-Azura's Star: light, single target heal / heavy , aoe heal
1: beam of light similar to soul strike
2: aoe hot
3: cleanse

Ultimate: Azura's Path Creates a massive pillar of light for 20 seconds that allows souls to resurrect at the well each soul consumes 1 second of light.

Ring of Hercine: light, single damage&heal/ Heavy aoe
Transforms you into a massive Black Werewolf
1: pounce with knocks like dragon leap
2: AOE Fear 6 enemies
3: speed boost/stam regeneration to nearby allies. self gained cc immunity
Werewolf timer of nearby allies does not reduce
Ultimate: allows werewolfs to transform free of cost. you and all wolves gain 25% damage mitigation for 20 sec.

Mace of Molog Bal: 50% of All damage done to opponents converts to health. Reduced healing received by 50%
1: Cleave with massive knockback
2: Drains enemies health stamina and magica to self only usable once per target
3: Does 8000 siege damage to walls/doors

Ultimate: immunity to cc and damage done for 10 sec also damages enemies stamina and magica

Let me know what you all think! And add some of your own suggestions for other deadric weapons available!
Caius
Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
PC NA
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be cool. Needs to be refined a lot more though.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    Would be cool. Needs to be refined a lot more though.

Without a doubt! things like reset times, power of abilities, dropping relic when stealthed.... not to mention ways around griefing/trolling. Though thoughts like these are for better men then I.

Think of the excitement of using one of these weapons, and the battles that would ensue with people fighting for their power!
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It can't be inside a public dungeon though is one of my concerns. A group like mine could just farm people endlessly as they zone in. Since you mention griefing/trolling. It would have to have a short timer to be claimed to counter that.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Manoekin wrote: »
    It can't be inside a public dungeon though is one of my concerns. A group like mine could just farm people endlessly as they zone in. Since you mention griefing/trolling. It would have to have a short timer to be claimed to counter that.

Great point! I've ran against your crew plenty of times in those forsaken churches holding scrolls, then again it was a time where oil could get dropped! I don't have any doubt that your crew could hold up for a while as they are skilled, but without siege it will be much harder when the red tide comes knocking. But the timer rotation may stop your ability to farm. Or give 0 AP to instance kills or only let in non emperor factions into the "protected instance".

Maybe add shrines to princes protected by a monster champion or something in the open world.

All in all phase ganking is an issue in its own that still needs it's own solution.

I like the point of having to earn them through a little pve... Though these items may just have to be awarded to highest ranked online in zone member and evenly randomly distributed to non emperor factions. Though wouldn't feel as excited about this route as it is very cold and mechanical.

Maybe this route but dedric prince speaks to you disclosing the location through a timed quest. So you quickly start your secret pilgrimage to a secret location unknown to the enemy.

Timer may be the best and most simple route. :smiley:
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 4, 2014 2:24AM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What other Artifacts would you like to see Cyrodiil? What abilies would you like to see them get?
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... more buffs for destro - ulti ball groups.. because every one asked for it right ? :(
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah... more buffs for destro - ulti ball groups.. because every one asked for it right ? :(

In the right hands maybe these artifacts could help battle these groups. Would have loved to see the wabbajack aoe ult go off turning everyone in the aoe into critters for 15 seconds.
    Caius
    PC NA
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Were you waiting 4 years for necro?
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    ayy
    NA-PC