Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Customize Your Home with 3D Essential Effects(tm) (BETA) from Essential Housing Tools

• Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K not sure you intended it that way, but some effects pop away when I move lets say south after just 5 meters, but when I walk the opposite way, I can see the effect 100 meters away? I noticed that when you made the new colour walls, but perhaps happens with other effect also, would explain some glitches that effects seem to not work at some angle. I cant test all effects and figure out at what angle to place them in each house in order to make them work so I better ask you :)
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    R_K wrote: »
    Treat wrote: »
    He's gotta make my fishing hole first, guys. <3;)

@Treat and I totally have not forgotten! :-P

@R_K EEEEEK LOOK!!!! My fishing shack has a fishing hole!!!! THANK YOU! <3

7pyh52g7opd9.png
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7pyh52g7opd9.png

when I visited your home with cardinal's addon, I couldn't see any effects
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana Hey! We have to group up so the transfer will occur and then I believe you'll see it from then on!
    @Treat
    Ankle Biters
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @Aliyavana Hey! We have to group up so the transfer will occur and then I believe you'll see it from then on!

seems that you just need to group to load data, one can leave group after and effects will stay
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K building eso's first? power generating dam

water looks even a lot better with fog effect placed over it, but If you do the underlaying water effect goes away at certain angles?

am I a noob and can that be dodged or are you working on that?

place as it is without fog for now:

33thn17jf5pt.png
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    immozz01 wrote: »
    @R_K not sure you intended it that way, but some effects pop away when I move lets say south after just 5 meters, but when I walk the opposite way, I can see the effect 100 meters away? I noticed that when you made the new colour walls, but perhaps happens with other effect also, would explain some glitches that effects seem to not work at some angle. I cant test all effects and figure out at what angle to place them in each house in order to make them work so I better ask you :)

@immozz01 Good question, lol -- so I am in the process of refining my Z-Buffering logic as the game's 3D API doesn't provide any way to perform those calculations via Direct3D, etc. It's an interesting challenge, to say the least, as I am still trying to devise an algorithm that performs well while running in LUA script but that also balances accuracy to minimize that "popping" in and out of the texture layers.

TL;DR version: please standby - 'working on it. :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7pyh52g7opd9.png

@Treat I am so glad that you like it! I'm going to refine the animation a bit more to add some splashing, etc. But I wanted to at least get you the rough draft in the meantime <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treat @Aliyavana What Treat said :)

And as of 9.2.2, Essential Housing Tools will now store a copy of other players' effects after you visit them, while in a group, just once. From then on, it will just load up the player's effects whenever you visit their home -- even if they are not online.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K building eso's first? power generating dam

water looks even a lot better with fog effect placed over it, but If you do the underlaying water effect goes away at certain angles?

am I a noob and can that be dodged or are you working on that?

place as it is without fog for now:

33thn17jf5pt.png

@immozz01 I am so glad that you like the new Fog and upgraded Water Effects! And as I mentioned in my other post a minute ago, that whole disappearing texture layer issue is still a work in progress but I should have more improvements for that issue over the next few patch iterations <3
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭

7pyh52g7opd9.png

@Treat I am so glad that you like it! I'm going to refine the animation a bit more to add some splashing, etc. But I wanted to at least get you the rough draft in the meantime <3

@R_K not sure if it's possible - but I put the whirlpool under the fish but the fish swim in the other direction LOL.
    @Treat
    Ankle Biters
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K small patch needed!

every single time I zone with 9.2.2 I get the system msg "must be in players house"
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    @R_K small patch needed!

every single time I zone with 9.2.2 I get the system msg "must be in players house"

he is insane, fixed half a day later. for those of you who didn't noticed ; he updated today and you now have better paintings then in game.....

have a nice xmas! im watching pictures in slide show next to my fireplace a bit :P

6urlun2qweho.png
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man this thing just keeps getting better and better! What an awesome Xmas gift! So now I have ANOTHER question @R_K ...
    Is it possible for you to put ANY image in those picture frames? First I'm thinking of spooky landscapes and creepy castles of course. But then....what about character art for PORTRAITS???
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Man this thing just keeps getting better and better! What an awesome Xmas gift! So now I have ANOTHER question @R_K ...
    Is it possible for you to put ANY image in those picture frames? First I'm thinking of spooky landscapes and creepy castles of course. But then....what about character art for PORTRAITS???

or coca cola commercial! so he can finally make a buck out of this :)
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K not sure if it's possible - but I put the whirlpool under the fish but the fish swim in the other direction LOL.

@Treat Oops, lol ... it should be fixable though -- just edit the Whirlpool and use the Up/Down "Rotation" arrows to flip it over. It should rotate in the opposite direction then :wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @R_K small patch needed!

he is insane, fixed half a day later. for those of you who didn't noticed ; he updated today and you now have better paintings then in game.....

have a nice xmas! im watching pictures in slide show next to my fireplace a bit :P

6urlun2qweho.png

@immozz01 <3:wink:
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@MornaBaine @immozz01 It's funny that you asked that because someone suggested that I offer to add custom paintings in exchange for a small gold fee -- which wouldn't be a bad idea. I am just about broke in game as I don't really have much time to actually play anymore, so I may start offering that option for folks.
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    trowlk wrote: »
    After almost 2 years without any housing addon, My review for Essencial Housing Tools

cHFWHRY.png

@Trowlk Lol! <3 Thank you so much :wink:
  • immozz01
    immozz01
    ✭✭✭

@MornaBaine @immozz01 It's funny that you asked that because someone suggested that I offer to add custom paintings in exchange for a small gold fee -- which wouldn't be a bad idea. I am just about broke in game as I don't really have much time to actually play anymore, so I may start offering that option for folks.

could you contact me on eu server or pm? I have some proposals

ty and enjoy xmas :)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am totally down to be your first customer. You deserve the gold for all you do anyway!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the newest sky, making a pond with the water effects and overlapping the paintings onto actual in game painting frames for custom paintings. Also newly added stain glass window.

usg8y1oni4it.jpeg
    35if2c122pe7.jpeg
    4ayrnfdzzcak.jpeg
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭

@Treat Oops, lol ... it should be fixable though -- just edit the Whirlpool and use the Up/Down "Rotation" arrows to flip it over. It should rotate in the opposite direction then :wink:

Oh! Good idea. Thanks, I will try that! My fishies days of being super duper fish are over!
    @Treat
    Ankle Biters
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh! Good idea. Thanks, I will try that! My fishies days of being super duper fish are over!

LOL! Swimming upstream was one thing - but to do it 24/7 did seem a bit far fetched ;-) <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is the newest sky, making a pond with the water effects and overlapping the paintings onto actual in game painting frames for custom paintings. Also newly added stain glass window.

usg8y1oni4it.jpeg
    35if2c122pe7.jpeg
    4ayrnfdzzcak.jpeg

@Krainor1974 In case I haven't said it yet -- your use of the Effects is quite clever. In particular, I really, really like the retaining pond in your Domus Phrasticus home. I'm impressed at how perfectly you were able to fit the Water effects into a non-rectangular shape like that! Also, I love the Picture-in-Picture concept, so to speak as well as that beautiful sky! And the window -- fits perfectly right there and looks great too!

Thank you so much for sharing these photos with us -- I hope they help to motivate even more people to build out-of-the-box stuff with these effects. <3<3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am totally down to be your first customer. You deserve the gold for all you do anyway!

I'll be sure to let you know, then! Thank you so much by the way - that is very much appreciated. <3
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭

could you contact me on eu server or pm? I have some proposals

ty and enjoy xmas :)

Oh my god - I forgot again -- emailing you now. And Merry Christmas to you too Immozz! <3