Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I can't finish Trial of the Fang in a certain quest

coldreactive_ESO
coldreactive_ESO
✭✭✭
As a templar, with no armor at all, and because the rot poison disables regen and self-heals, it's impossible for me to solo this at level 35. All of the enemies are elite rank, and are close-quarters fighters, I cannot root them either. Any ideas on how to do it? :)
NA PC Megaserver
Lucradia Valeri (D.Summoner) / Saeko Meina (T.Healer)
GMT -0600 (Central Time, Wisconsin) - PvE Only
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I've already tried it like 5 times now, and have died every time. My damage barely does 2 pixels worth of damage, and I get killed by all of the NPCs within 2 seconds of starting the fight (yes, they do that much damage to me.)
    NA PC Megaserver
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NA PC Megaserver
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since One Tam I found this to be possibly the hardest quest to finish. Before One Tam. you could leave it for a bit and go level up before coming back. After One Tam it levels to you.

I eventually waited until another player arrived and then ganged up on the same "trailist" as them... even then together we just managed the job.

I have travelled back through the area a couple of times whilst doing other quests and watched other players die; then helped them out a little...
    Edited by Ragnork on March 2, 2017 1:27PM
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Considering it's meant to be solo'd, they should consider de-scaling it, but still keep the upscaling for OneTamriel. For instance, they could scale it at 1/3 or even 1/2 the rate.

For instance, if you're level 45, the enemy could be level 30 scaled instead. (45 - (45 * (1/3))

In addition, ALL of the enemies will activate even if you only activate one, so if you accidentally use, let's say, the extended ritual spell of templar, then all of the enemies will aggro you for no reason.

This is why it's important for the developers to collect more data than what they think they should collect. IE: If the quest objective fails, collect data on the level of the character that failed, in addition, the gear they used to attack the enemy, and if any extra enemies were involved. I know Final Fantasy XIV collects data on how many people participated in a FATE, what their average item levels were, if any of them died, if any chocobo companions were summoned, if the FATE failed, if the FATE succeeded, etc.
    Edited by coldreactive_ESO on March 2, 2017 1:40PM
    NA PC Megaserver
  • EleonoraCrendraven
    EleonoraCrendraven
    ✭✭✭
    As I did that quest with my Templar the only chance I had was: getting help from other players. As a sorcerer I used range DPS and a summoned atronach, but as a templar: search for help in zone chat to finish this!
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As I did that quest with my Templar the only chance I had was: getting help from other players. As a sorcerer I used range DPS and a summoned atronach, but as a templar: search for help in zone chat to finish this!

As I mentioned in the Infalliable Wizard Thread:
    The volatile familiar by the way doesn't take aggro at all pre-50. Solo'ing certain bosses (or attempting the trial of fang sidequest) would be suicide. This seems to be only a thing in non-instanced areas (IE: open world, delves, and open-world caves, etc.)

So Summons won't be taking aggro unless it's the clannfear or if the Enemy AI derps out for whatever reason. Channelling makes you go slow, and DPS is an issue against upscaled mobs that basically have boss stats.
    Edited by coldreactive_ESO on March 3, 2017 9:11PM
    NA PC Megaserver
  • DeathStalker_X
    DeathStalker_X
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, this CAN be done solo! After several tries, I was able to do it at LVL37 as a Templar - using a combination of Puncture, then Vampire Strike, and avoiding the charges, and getting a couple extra hits when their back was turned &/or they were down. I also had a meal to increase my health beforehand (~32k).