Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That DK is terrible. If he used fossilize once, that Magplar would be dead.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.
  • UltimateBias
    If he used fossilize once, that Magplar would be dead.

I doubt that. Fossilizing DK's have been dealt with by Doom many times. They all died.

Not to mention that Fossilize would only succeed in activating the full measure of Dooms defenses.

Edit: Of course, if you are on ps4 NA Vivec, you could jump on your own DK and give Doom a demonstration of how done.

:)
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 19, 2018 2:49AM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt that. Fossilizing DK's have been dealt with by Doom many times. They all died.

Not to mention that Fossilize would only succeed in activating the full measure of Dooms defenses.

Edit: Of course, if you are on ps4 NA Vivec, you could jump on your own DK and give Doom a demonstration of how done.

Are you volunteering doom to fight people? Have you spoken with him about it?
  • eovogtb16_ESO
    eovogtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was completely out of stam almost the entire fight, if he was cc'd there would be no coming out of it.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol can you tell doom I'm tryna farm alchemy mats in the IC soon?

And what reverb isn't the absolute best cc against a magicka Templar?
    Edited by Metemsycosis on December 19, 2018 5:55AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • UltimateBias

I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Afterall, this guy acts like he knows it all and he calls Shady 'terrible' which we both know is definitely not true.

With that being the case, I have no doubt Doom would happily fight him.

Edit: I have no doubt that it would be extremely easy to persuade Shady to fight him as well; especially after finding out that this guy says he sucks.

Do you agree?
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 19, 2018 8:04AM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    He was completely out of stam almost the entire fight, if he was cc'd there would be no coming out of it.

Did you notice how much Healing Doom was passively recieving; particularly when CC'ed?

Shady keeping Doom Major Defiled with Reverb was the only reason he was able to get Doom low in the first place.
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 19, 2018 7:33AM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    And what reverb isn't the absolute best cc against a magicka Templar?

It is.

I 100% agree with you here.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UltimateBias

That duel exactly showed, where Dooms build is lacking. Just compare the amount of healing both had to do for staying in the duel:
    Doom overcasted both rapid regen and ritual of retribution, also his entire rotation was pretty much the following: rapid regen, ritual, heavy attack, honor the dead, heavy attack honor the dead and then start again. The damage Doom did to Shady was non-existent. Shady had to pop vigor only when Doom went for his soul assault and then Shady had to cast it once.

By Doom not dealing damage at all, Shady was able to neglect healing (momentum healed enough as long as no soul assault was used) completely and only had to worry about his buffs, the debuffs on Doom and his damage.

To be fair, Doom had zero chance of winning this fight and Shady just got bored by fighting a healbot (that is how you call somebody, who uses honor the dead two times per rotation and deals no damage).

In summary, this build either just stays alive by overcasting healing, heavy attacks and honor the dead. But the damage potential is almost non-existent and is barely enough to kill really bad players.
    Edited by Checkmath on December 19, 2018 8:27AM
  • UltimateBias
    Checkmath wrote: »
    @UltimateBias

That duel exactly showed, where Dooms build is lacking. Just compare the amount of healing both had to do for staying in the duel:
    Doom overcasted both rapid regen and ritual of retribution, also his entire rotation was pretty much the following: rapid regen, ritual, heavy attack, honor the dead, heavy attack honor the dead and then start again. The damage Doom did to Shady was non-existent. Shady had to pop vigor only when Doom went for his soul assault and then Shady had to cast it once.

By Doom not dealing damage at all, Shady was able to neglect healing (momentum healed enough as long as no soul assault was used) completely and only had to worry about his buffs, the debuffs on Doom and his damage.

To be fair, Doom had zero chance of winning this fight and Shady just got bored by fighting a healbot (that is how you call somebody, who uses honor the dead two times per rotation and deals no damage).

In summary, this build either just stays alive by overcasting healing, heavy attacks and honor the dead. But the damage potential is almost non-existent and is barely enough to kill really bad players.

I can agree to a degree; damage dealing isn't the builds strength.

But in all fairness, Jabs were broken at this point in time, so Doom couldn't use them to attack as he normally would.
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 19, 2018 8:41AM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone using 2 slots for radiant magelight deserve to die, the fight just proove how broken a magplar can survive, even on a bad build when the ennemy has major defile.

Now just think a how a magicka player without major defile can manage to kill even an half decent magplar with a good S&B back bar build (in CP pvp, the magplar have 100% critical chance on all blockcasted HoTD. Combined with no defile and purge, it's impossible to kill a templar hwo is running a good build and can blockcast heal).
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UltimateBias

But in all fairness, Jabs were broken at this point in time, so Doom couldn't use them to attack as he normally would.

Jabs were only broken in the sense, that you could not spam the button without a delay between jabs. But with adding a weave between two jabs, that was prevented. Therefore stating jabs were broken and that is why he could not go all out is a bad excuse.
  • UltimateBias
    @UltimateBias

Jabs were only broken in the sense, that you could not spam the button without a delay between jabs. But with adding a weave between two jabs, that was prevented. Therefore stating jabs were broken and that is why he could not go all out is a bad excuse.

It's not a bad excuse; it's the truth.

Weaving sweeps with dual weild doesnt work that well (feels clunky to me when attempting it any anyrate), and that delay between sweeps makes a huge difference on your offensive window closing or remaining open.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    But anyway, let's not derail this thread any further.

The point in posting that fight was to demonstrate how effective stacking HoTs could be on a Magplar.

Nothing more was intended.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a good 1v1 of Doom vs one of the best players on ps4 na (elusiveshady), and this is back from when jabs was broken and couldnt be spammed properly.

Given he couldnt attack as he wanted, it does showcase the power of stacking HoT's on a Magplar (at times there are as many as four going at the same time) and the ability to absorb alot of punishment without sword and board/frost staff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FEr9Pa0l9U&t=3s

do you only have like 2 attacks on your bars?

So much resto :lol:
    Edited by Mrsinister2 on December 19, 2018 12:12PM
  • UltimateBias
    I've got a good 1v1 of Doom vs one of the best players on ps4 na (elusiveshady), and this is back from when jabs was broken and couldnt be spammed properly.

Given he couldnt attack as he wanted, it does showcase the power of stacking HoT's on a Magplar (at times there are as many as four going at the same time) and the ability to absorb alot of punishment without sword and board/frost staff:

Yeah, it was alot of Healing; most of which was HoT's.

Watch the fight again, but do nothing other than look at Dooms Healing numbers; IMHO its pretty impressive considering that Major Defile was in effect most of the time.

And some laugh at the strategy, but I have found it works well; most opponents wear themselves out trying to get this builds Health low and they are burning Resources themselves doing so.

When Sweeps is functioning properly, you can (at the right moment; you'll know when your offensive window is open) go all out offensively and blitz your opponent to death.

There is some video on YouTube where Doom does exactly that to opponents after Sweeps were fixed.

But anyway, enough about that.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch the fight again, but do nothing other than look at Dooms Healing numbers; IMHO its pretty impressive considering that Major Defile was in effect most of the time.

And some laugh at the strategy, but I have found it works well; most opponents wear themselves out trying to get this builds Health low and they are burning Resources themselves doing so.

When Sweeps is functioning properly, you can (at the right moment; you'll know when your offensive window is open) go all out offensively and blitz your opponent to death.

There is some video on YouTube where Doom does exactly that to opponents after Sweeps were fixed.

The healing was good but you had no Stam the entire fight and were constantly low on mag. If it works for you tho keep at it man I'm sure you kill plenty of bowtards with that build.
  • UltimateBias

The healing was good but you had no Stam the entire fight and were constantly low on mag. If it works for you tho keep at it man I'm sure you kill plenty of bowtards with that build.

Watch the video's on the channel in my sig; this build kills alot more than that.

Magicka Nightblades, Stam Sorcs, Magicka Dragon Knights, Stamblades, Stamplars, Werewolves, Wardens, Mag Sorcs all fall to this build.

There are 2 video's, in particular, where this build does some good ganking.
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 19, 2018 4:01PM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Afterall, this guy acts like he knows it all and he calls Shady 'terrible' which we both know is definitely not true.

Edit: I have no doubt that it would be extremely easy to persuade Shady to fight him as well; especially after finding out that this guy says he sucks.

Do you agree?

I think you should stop pretending not to be doom, weirdo.
  • UltimateBias

Do you agree?

I think you should stop obsessing over Doom.

Unless you encounter him ingame, your dealings with him are over.

Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you agree?

They should be, but he's currently skating through a forum ban by pretending to be someone else.

You should stop speaking on dooms behalf.
    Edited by Brutusmax1mus on December 19, 2018 6:25PM
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look, yet another magplar thread gone off the rails thanks to @TheDoomsdayMonster.

*pretends to be shocked*
  • UltimateBias

Do you agree?

They should be, but he's currently skating through a forum ban by pretending to be someone else.

You should stop speaking on dooms behalf.

What I do is my business and mines alone.

Find something else to do and get Doom out of your thoughts; its consuming you.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • UltimateBias
    ccmedaddy wrote: »
    Oh look, yet another magplar thread gone off the rails thanks to @TheDoomsdayMonster.

*pretends to be shocked*

It's off rails because someone can't stay on topic and can't help but stalk me.

I posted to demonstrate the effectiveness of stacking HoT's on a Magplar, but as if on que, 'someone' shows up with the same old tired argument.

If Brutus would simply ignore me, the quality of these threads would dramatically improve.

I guarantee it.
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't suggest new templars to run double radiant magelight. In that duel, it would have been better had you run 2 dmg abilties.

I also wouldn't suggest running mostly hots for defense. They don't scale outnumbered and your stam pool wont let you break free more than once or twice.

What I see is mostly a healer build trying to duel a tanky DK. I am surprised they gave up so easily.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Did you just post a video of a stalled out 1v1 set to the tune of Duel of Fates? While still referring to yourself in the third person? Lmao.

I don't think you get it man. Literally no one in the history of ESO has doubted the ability of the Magplar to stay alive. Its very easy to be able to build tanky and hit like a wet noodle. Heal bots across the world do it daily. The challenging and interesting part about Magplar, and what this thread and the other one you derailed are investigating, is how to be survivable while also maintaining lethal force and being competitive with other classes in terms of damage output.

Whatever you're doing, that ain't it chief.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • UltimateBias
    Minno wrote: »
    I wouldn't suggest new templars to run double radiant magelight. In that duel, it would have been better had you run 2 dmg abilties.

I also wouldn't suggest running mostly hots for defense. They don't scale outnumbered and your stam pool wont let you break free more than once or twice.

What I see is mostly a healer build trying to duel a tanky DK. I am surprised they gave up so easily.

You know, I wouldnt suggest new Magplars run double Radiant either; its a very specialized build idea and it does place hard limits on the flexibility of what abilities you are able to slot.

I, personally, love the upside it has:

1) 100% uptime on Major Prophecy (this is awesome for stacking HoT's as you dont have to 'buff up' and maintain that buff for your healing to always benefit; 53% Spell Crit with 100% uptime is amazing).
    2) 100% uptime on the protection from the Stun from Stealth Attacks for you and your teammates from Nightblades (which, admittedly, was worthless in that deul against Shady).
    3) 100% uptime on the 2% Max Magicka and 2% Magicka Regen bonus from the Mages Guild passive.
    4) On demand ability to reveal Nightblades who are in Stealth (provided they are within 12m of you of course).

Double Radiant, thus, leans toward making your character more specialized to dealing with Nightblades; this idea is not for everyone, but it does work provided you find of blend of other gear/abilities to complement the totality of the build.

As pertains using HoT's, these are best in 1v1's or if you are healing for a group (IMO of course); they do not scale favorably (as @Minno correctly points out) when its just you vs numbers.

Of course the build is designed to be played as a psuedo Nightblade (but with far greater Healing/Support ability), so you will rarely fight outnumbered unless you choose to do so (If you watch the video's, Doom navigates Imperial City alot in Stealth; Swift x3 is magnificent for this as its synergy with the Dark Stalker passive is extremely powerful).

The build only features 12.7k Stamina; for some this is far too low. To me, its just right as anything that Stuns or Disables you activates the 5th piece enchantment of Robes of the Hist Sap which is another HoT.

As you saw in the fight against Shady, Doom was getting a massive amount of Healing when he was Stunned or Disabled (to be fully technical about it, there are rare moments when he's getting 5 HoT's stacking on him all at once), so that 12.7k Stamina works just fine as between all the Healing and the Combat Physician Damage Shield procing like clockwork, he's not truly in danger of dying when CC'ed.

There are times on this build (especially when facing an opponent without Major Defile) when Doom doesnt even bother Breaking Free as he's absolutely in no danger and can save the Stamina for something else.
    Edited by UltimateBias on December 19, 2018 8:17PM
    Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm no shady fan or hater but not doing damage to him is very common. Dude runs crazy tanky, dot+bash+ leap burst. He's a good if not great duelist and most people here I'm guessing would have died to him rather than frustrating him to the point of quitting. That said I would sooner run spell pots or detect pots than double slotting radiant magelight. However I'm not AR 50 and you should run what works for you
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • UltimateBias
    CyrusArya wrote: »

Did you just post a video of a stalled out 1v1 set to the tune of Duel of Fates? While still referring to yourself in the third person? Lmao.

I don't think you get it man. Literally no one in the history of ESO has doubted the ability of the Magplar to stay alive. Its very easy to be able to build tanky and hit like a wet noodle. Heal bots across the world do it daily. The challenging and interesting part about Magplar, and what this thread and the other one you derailed are investigating, is how to be survivable while also maintaining lethal force and being competitive with other classes in terms of damage output.

Whatever you're doing, that ain't it chief.

You are partially right; the build is going in a bit of a different direction:

1) It doesnt have to crutch off of Sword and Board or Frost Staff.
    2) It features excellent Mobility and Stealth capability (for a Magplar at anyrate).
    3) It is designed do to well in a solo, overworld, environment (it excels in Imperial City).
    4) Due to it having several 'Major' Buffs and Defensive benefits enabled in constant effect, when its forced to make a decision to a given situation, it can just make it; no prebuffing is required. This maximizes its ability to properly respond to whatever its facing.

So yeah, this build isnt going in the same direction that the vast majority of Magplars are; its building its own road and having a blast while doing it (Doom is thinking about making a 3rd 'Ganking' video as he has tons of material to do so).

Magicka Templar Build
    PS4
    NA