Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing Craglorn"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official thread to discuss the blog article Introducing Craglorn.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Page Not Found

The page you were looking for could not be found.

EDIT: Fixed link: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/04/07/introducing-craglorn?ref=home
    Edited by Attorneyatlawl on April 7, 2014 4:19PM
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    ✭✭✭
    This may seem like a silly question, but I haven't seen it answered anywhere else directly. Will there be special gear drops in Craglorn? Aside from trying to beat the time of Trials and just doing group content, are there any rewards? I mean, what if you don't have the best time?
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • bloodmoon2004
    I like the adventure zone , not so sure about the timed trials , wish there were just regular raids ! Thou time will tell , my opinion can always change. Also I would like to know about the loot drops there as well !
  • NilLili
    NilLili
    Hello, the new area looks very interesting I can not wait to reach the required level for exploring all this area.
    Admirer un coucher de soleil, ou bien un levé sur une montagne il n'y a rien de plus merveilleux...
  • Senil
    Senil
    Veteran rank 12 developer is too strong :). However in the video you could see some gear being displayed, that I atleast haven't seen ingame yet, so it very well might.
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Senil wrote: »
    Veteran rank 12 developer is too strong :). However in the video you could see some gear being displayed, that I atleast haven't seen ingame yet, so it very well might.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. I was just hoping for clarification.
    We must all aspire to better ourselves, to better our person and to better our quality; but no matter how much better we become, no single one of us will ever be better than all of us combined.
  • Csection
    Csection
    Can we enter the craglorn if we haven't completed the main story quest? The quest "Messages across Tamriel" is still bugged. I guess a good reason to quit this game is because people who actually got to veteran rank can not play vet content because Zenimax's game doesn't work and have no intention on fixing it.
  • glenallenbottlesb14_ESO
    Csection wrote: »
    Can we enter the craglorn if we haven't completed the main story quest? The quest "Messages across Tamriel" is still bugged. I guess a good reason to quit this game is because people who actually got to veteran rank can not play vet content because Zenimax's game doesn't work and have no intention on fixing it.

No intention on fixing it? This game is only on day 3. Relax. Theyre already fixing servers and several quests. Zenimax is doing a far better job then most other MMO developers do.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, emo much?
  • fiftypercentgrey
    fiftypercentgrey
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like the timed competition. In other mmos I kinda resent players who rush trough instances and yell at you if you are not faster than they are. No time to look at things and no patience for someone new to that specific dungeon.

I really think that this timed stuff is a mistake.
    ἀπόκρυφος
  • ulic3190b16_ESO

I can understand this frustration, you wait for a game for years, the game is fantastic but marred all the way through with numerous bugs that make you abandon quests, retake quests and constantly relog not to mention numerous rollbacks in the greenshade area of the world.

However you just ignore the quests you can complete and soldier on, again and again this happens, but the game is good and you want to give it a chance.

Then you reach a point where you simply cant DO ANYTHING, where there is no possible way you can continue and you sit back in shock. THEN you wait 3 days with no fix.

I think the guy is justified to be upset and also worried and desperate to continue playing. It did not help that the American server was fixed straight away but the EU server is still left hanging either.

I was really psyched for craglorn, but if I cant even play the game whats the point!
  • Yshaar
    Yshaar
    ✭✭✭
    This introduction video is certainly one of the best promotional pieces you have put up, ever.

I love what you are doing there and look forward to play it in the coming month!

A big, big yay for Zenimax!

Just one little note: Just time trials? Make something cooler, think outside of the box.
  • thoraya
    thoraya
    Cant wait for it! There will be a new motif?
    tea
  • Big_Mike
    Big_Mike
    ✭✭
    I don't see why the timed trials are a big deal. only true hardcore players are going to try for the top time. Personally, I think you'd have to run it 20 times slow to test strategies on the bosses before ever giving it a true speed run. so if you are in a group of new people, i don't think you'd have to worry about being rushed. plus 90% of players are never gonna care about the time.
  • Mopar63
    Mopar63
    ✭✭✭
    I tell you what if this is what we are going to see and Zenimax can deliver new content like this every couple of months I will gladly pay $15 a month.
    True honor need not be named
  • NicoleOnyxheart
    so with the Trials, will the time limit mean you fail the dungeon and have to redo it? or is it just a way to keep track of optional objectives?

i'd really hope it's the latter, my guildmates and i don't like to rush through content...we like to savor it and explore, take our own sweet time y'know?

and being forced to run through at top speed to beat the trial in the time allotted doesn't seem like much fun, more like stressful. I do like how the story elements look though, can't wait to explore every inch of craglorn

couple questions though, will there be any new crafting styles available for us to find? the blue-gold armor some characters were wearing in the trailer looked nice, for instance ^^

and also, off topic i know, but when are the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, and justice system being introduced? be nice to get them in before more vet content ^^
  • fangkeltenub17_ESO
    so with the Trials, will the time limit mean you fail the dungeon and have to redo it? or is it just a way to keep track of optional objectives?

i'd really hope it's the latter, my guildmates and i don't like to rush through content...we like to savor it and explore, take our own sweet time y'know?

and being forced to run through at top speed to beat the trial in the time allotted doesn't seem like much fun, more like stressful. I do like how the story elements look though, can't wait to explore every inch of craglorn

couple questions though, will there be any new crafting styles available for us to find? the blue-gold armor some characters were wearing in the trailer looked nice, for instance ^^

and also, off topic i know, but when are the dark brotherhood, thieves guild, and justice system being introduced? be nice to get them in before more vet content ^^

I don't think they mean you've got a limited amount of time when doing trials, I think they mean you're trial is being timed. It may take one group 45 min to complete the quest, while another takes 3 hours to complete, not including time penalties added from resurrections. I think the only way to fail is if every party member dies, either from exceeding res limit and slowly being killed off, or end boss proves to be too much and kills the entire group. But I don't think there's a certain amount of time to complete the trial.

Looking forward to adventure zone regardless.
    Edited by fangkeltenub17_ESO on April 7, 2014 6:27PM
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think its a very interesting update, however...

my question would be, how will those be accessed. Do they work like the public dungeons now, can people queue for them with the tool or are people allowed to go in there solo and at least experience the story without beating the 12 men encounters / entering vet. dungeons.

I think its important to make them accessible to everyone, if they wipe then they wipe - but I certainly hope that these zones will be available in the group tool and / or offer solo content as well.

That said, a lot depends on how our community will develop. Are they going Elitist like at wow where Casuals are excluded from anything group related or will they be more open minded and accept if someone has a child and might need to go or cant join every night.
  • Sykotik_ESO
    Sykotik_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This looks very cool, I'm looking forward to it and I don't even pve that much anymore.
    I dont like the timed competition. In other mmos I kinda resent players who rush trough instances and yell at you if you are not faster than they are. No time to look at things and no patience for someone new to that specific dungeon.

They started doing it in RIFT after awhile with the dungeons and raids and it turned out great, it made it super fun for guilds looking for a real challenge and proving their worth on the boards.
  • Telatansiv
    i like the boss that does the spiny attack PJ1cd3R.gif
  • Big_Mike
    Big_Mike
    ✭✭
    I don't see why the timed trials are a big deal. only true hardcore players are going to try for the top time. Personally, I think you'd have to run it 20 times slow to test strategies on the bosses before ever giving it a true speed run. so if you are in a group of new people, i don't think you'd have to worry about being rushed. plus 90% of players are never gonna care about the time.
  • Devour
    Devour
    This looks incredible. I can not wait to play through this new content. Words can not explain how great of a job you all have done at Zenimax. Keep up the good work.
    Arcane Veteran Rank 10 Sorcerer Elite Guard Ebonheart Pact Auriels Bow
  • Viverim
    Viverim
    ✭✭
    My concern is if there will be new items/gear found in the zone. They say the game is "play how you want", but if the 12-man raid gives you the best items and the game has a PvP element, then if you don't do the raid you are, in effect, penalized in PvP.

It's WoW all over again.
  • Csection
    Csection
    Why place craglorn, a veteran rank 10 zone, when a main quest at 43 that leads to veteran rank 1 zones does not work? Prioritize. Whats the point of that zone if you cant even get into the first vet zone!
  • Salacious
    Salacious
    ✭✭✭
    This is going to hurt people more then it is going to help them - Why are you not allowing SOME solo content in this new ZONE? thats taking away from the rest of us who dont really like group content and come to the game for its solo aspects ....
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    Talk about Craglorn? HOW ABOUT YOU FIX THE *** MAIN STORY QUEST - Messages Across Tamriel so we can actually ENTER veteran maps. GET YOUR PRIORITIES FIXED ZENIMAX This quest has been broken since early Access and you fix the *** Frog race first?! No one gives two *** about the frogs...
  • Xezzu
    Xezzu
    ✭✭✭
    Viverim wrote: »
    My concern is if there will be new items/gear found in the zone. They say the game is "play how you want", but if the 12-man raid gives you the best items and the game has a PvP element, then if you don't do the raid you are, in effect, penalized in PvP.

To some degree, I agree. Though, if we were to say for conversations sake that they didn't offer gear, what would they offer to give incentive to do it? (that's a rhetorical question).
    Salacious wrote: »
    This is going to hurt people more then it is going to help them - Why are you not allowing SOME solo content in this new ZONE? thats taking away from the rest of us who dont really like group content and come to the game for its solo aspects ....

I respect the fact that you as a player prefer to play alone (assuming that's what you are implying), but being this's an MMO, I suspect it may be hard to justify expanding the amount of content for solo-play. Sure, I'm sure they could, and while I am not speaking for them and just using my opinion, I'm not sure it would be on the top of their list of priorities.

Edited by Xezzu on April 7, 2014 8:11PM
  • tokyov
    tokyov
    ✭✭
    Fix your game before adding new content. Thanks.
  • FTGr4ndomj4ck

I agree, I don't like rushing threw things but after grinding and getting the area down pat I can see how that timed aspect seems to fit. Those who rush in at the start are losing out but after the nth time doing it what is there to keep you doing it. Now you need to stay number one fastest and it adds that much more. Will I actively seek to be in the top, No, but I think its a nice thing for those who want to try for it.

What I don't like is the limit on the revives. Maybe a limit while in combat or a limit on boss fights, or maybe a limit to qualify for the trials. It seem that if i have a slightly less able group we wont be able to experience the content. Or did I misunderstand this completely?
  • Travis
    Travis
    Soul Shriven
    Personally, I can't wait for Craglorn, I think adventure zones really have some good potential and I love ZOS's commitment to continuous content updates. I also really like the timed aspect, even though I won't be competing for the leaderboards I'm sure many people will be, and I think it's a great way to continually push the limits of your character.

And to everyone complaining they made Craglorn while there are still other bugs, a little reminder about how bad an MMO launch usually is..
    http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/articles/562729-top-5-worst-mmo-launches-in-history-ffxiv-wow#/slide/1