Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

BG PvP has turned into complete garbage. No skill - Spam aoe - Spam time stop - spam immobs/snares

• MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, i gave up on bgs a couple of weeks ago. Haven't done single one since and i don't intend to do any soon.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    They need to make shuffle root snare immunity 1 second for each piece of armor.

Yeah they do so I can be immortal on my hybrids and have absolutely zero weaknesses. I support this change!

Because 5-7 seconds of root snare immunity = immortality? Roots and snares must be worse than I thought if they are the only thing keeping people from never dieing.

They could do it for the morph that increases duration and remove major evasion from it as a compromise.

I think medium could do with 4 seconds of snare immunity and major evasion and be okay. The loss of AOE damage reduction would be a pretty big hit. We’re in the AOE snare/damage meta, and medium is still in a weird place.
    Edited by Vapirko on December 8, 2018 6:26AM
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior to Summerset, before Time-Stop and neutered Wardens who feel they can only compete with perma-snare ice builds, people complained about cheese and honorless things like Viper+Red Mountain+Velidreth, Sorc's abusing rune Cage+Endless Fury, stacked premades, etc. It's almost like the nature of BGs drives competitive people to use the most efficient and effective builds from patch to patch and meta to meta.

Post summersetand up to wolfhunter was the most enjoyable and diverse pvp experience Ive had since the very first year of the game. Yes there were combinations and sets which made you pull your hair out of your head, but still, I feel it was much more FUN than what we have now. Its like the fluid and open fights have gone. You know what you will meet and gear appropriate to it, if youre smart. The current situation is not very differenciated. It feels very static and monotonous, which could be the reason why some of the good players and guilds started to or have already left. Battlegrounds werent like this, they were way more opn and flowing, even up at the higher mmr rankings. Yes, I can understand why the best group up to be as efficient as possible. Its logical. But whats most efficient nowadays is not half way as interesting as it used to be :)
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on December 12, 2018 3:43AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior to Summerset, before Time-Stop and neutered Wardens who feel they can only compete with perma-snare ice builds, people complained about cheese and honorless things like Viper+Red Mountain+Velidreth, Sorc's abusing rune Cage+Endless Fury, stacked premades, etc. It's almost like the nature of BGs drives competitive people to use the most efficient and effective builds from patch to patch and meta to meta.

What happened to the optimistic, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed guy who wrote that “welcome to pvp” post?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

What happened to the optimistic, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed guy who wrote that “welcome to pvp” post?

He''s stuck in combat.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

He''s stuck in combat.

a01.gif
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yeah they do so I can be immortal on my hybrids and have absolutely zero weaknesses. I support this change!

Because 5-7 seconds of root snare immunity = immortality? Roots and snares must be worse than I thought if they are the only thing keeping people from never dieing.

They could do it for the morph that increases duration and remove major evasion from it as a compromise.

I think medium could do with 4 seconds of snare immunity and major evasion and be okay. The loss of AOE damage reduction would be a pretty big hit. We’re in the AOE snare/damage meta, and medium is still in a weird place.

I was just thinking about this the other day. They should add to the passive that requires 5 pieces of medium to include 2 extra seconds to any immunity to CC, Roots, and snares. I think we are pretty close to being decently balanced on the armor side so keeping medium elusive might be a decent route to take.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it's just disgusting.
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just thinking about this the other day. They should add to the passive that requires 5 pieces of medium to include 2 extra seconds to any immunity to CC, Roots, and snares. I think we are pretty close to being decently balanced on the armor side so keeping medium elusive might be a decent route to take.

I think you meant to say light armor right?
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at Cyrodiil all that is is one big zerg ball of players running back and forth in a big group. Takes a lot of skill to do that one. Really laugh when in a keep and the zerg ball starts running around the walls followed by another faction chasing them.
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are a BIG *** problem. The snares, the damage, the major buffs, the debuffs, perafrost, crazy healing, they can pick and choose when to become a DD, tank or healer. This game has turned into warden or GTFO. PLEASE bring them down a peg or elevate the other classes so they can stand up to the warden. And to the people using wardens, you are the problem.
    Edited by NinchiTV on December 16, 2018 6:04AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unkillable deathmachines wardens... Wish I could meet atleast one of those mysterious creatures on EU.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

My all time fav...getting spam petrified by like 10 DC Dragon Knights, where I am completely locked down for the 5 seconds it takes 10 other Nightblades to spin and win me.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my message to @Minno

Zaan X2
    Plague doctor
    Sload

X3 protective

x6 heavy, x1 light all impen

Max health max mag/Stam Regen food

Attributes all health

Serpent mundus

1700 mag regen, 1300 Stam then you get dark deal/conversion, 1k health Regen with gold food

Clannfear, Heroic Slash, Reverb, Bone Shield, Restraining prison, Suppression Field
    Clannfear, Boundless Storm, Time Freeze, Streak, Dark Deal, Atronach or Undo

Clannfear; after BS, is a base 8k heal instant for 3.2k mag (16k PvE) after major Vitality (from prison - the roots ability) it's 10k (no CP; in BGs) Bone shield is 6k with 28k resistance

Snares, roots, hard CC, defile. With Zaan and sload. Infused Oblivion front bar.

Invincible really (keep your head and mobility)

Maiden voyage 7-1 with like 10 assists. Shouldn't have died; should've streaked but still new to using it lol.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kalitoslime
    kalitoslime
    ✭✭
    The AOE is complete garbage. Because there is no target system for AoE. All AoE should be on par with caltrops the Dps and cost yes AoE should cost 5k all moving AoE should be on par with deadly cloak also the dps cost and slow dps make sense also remove crit from AoE!! Why because the more targets you hit the more chance of crit you get and the more chance you have to proc a monster set adding to much extra dps
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People who spec for soloing will always be at a disadvantage to those in group specs. It’s called cooperating.

I’ve decided to roll a stamblade brawler so will soon see what all the snaring complaints are about, but you can’t fault players for using aoe abilities.

Time stop - move out of it, if you get caught it’s your own fault. You’re likely being baited into where it’s being cast
    Aoe abilities - why are you clustered up? You should be relatively close to your team but shouldn’t be stacking. Use your charges, every spec should have a ranged option and a gap closer unless you’re a stamblade ganker
    Being blown up quickly - you’re the one playing your spec

If aoes, snares, immobilizations are effective against you then it’s your fault. These are all antigroup abilities and are suboptimal to run against one person.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 11, 2019 7:57PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just glad for the Time Stop nerf; increase cost.

Hard to “get out of it” when it’s being spammed.
  • Svidrir
    Svidrir
    ✭✭✭
    Jakx wrote: »
    Something not being considered is that if you want to "fix" the current meta of aoe snare spam then Stam has to take a big damage hit. Stam does insane damage currently which is exactly why people adopted the meta almost immediately to spam snares after the mobility change.

I agree its a trash meta atm to snare spam but its also trash that Stam outperforms Mag so hard and that gap has only increased since it started in summerset. Any change to mobility without commensurate changes to Stam damage would only make Stam overlords stronger.

Don't forget the other side of the coin when you demand "balance"

Smart remark .
    There is a supprématie of stamina currently (NB Stam..... Warden Stam....)

I agree with the fact that currently the CC pose problem but I wonder how one will kill NB stamina after cc nerve while they are already hard (see impossible) to catch at present.. (I play Warden/sor/Stam)

ps : Need Vanish or incap nerf :
    Edited by Svidrir on February 12, 2019 9:37AM
    Ulaan Baator sorcier bdsm
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wardens are a BIG *** problem. The snares, the damage, the major buffs, the debuffs, perafrost, crazy healing, they can pick and choose when to become a DD, tank or healer. This game has turned into warden or GTFO. PLEASE bring them down a peg or elevate the other classes so they can stand up to the warden. And to the people using wardens, you are the problem.

Just wait until Necro gets here. Warden had to outplay other classes to sell, now Necro will have to outplay warden.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    eh not enough pure builds being made in nCP. Then again, I am a vamplar that has found access to major mending/vitality with decent regen lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wait until Necro gets here. Warden had to outplay other classes to sell, now Necro will have to outplay warden.
    I see people referring to Wardens with these "Pay to Win" type allegations/comments, but I think they're dead wrong. Magicka Wardens were basically unicorns when Morrowind first released, and still got nerfed repeatedly. They really haven't even been buffed, either, it's just that the obscene levels of mobility that Stam builds had got toned down, so now Mag Wardens can actually do something besides toss a Cliff Racer or two before our target gets out of range.

Stamina Wardens were a lot more common than their Magicka-based counterparts, and were/are a bit overpowered in PvP, but the same can't be said for PvE. New classes, skill lines, gear sets, etc...may very well be either over or under powered, but that's hardly the same thing as, "Let's make this new thing better than all the other things so we can rake in some more $$$$. "ZOS has actually done a really good job of not making things pay-to-win, and I hope that trend continues into the future.

I think lots of things could use balance adjustments right now, but I don't see anything in ESO as being the least bit pay-to-win. A player can purchase the base game, with no DLCs or ESO+, and once they level up and get some experience, they can still put together a competitive PvP build, which can't be said for every other multiplayer game out there.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double cc unicorn dragonknights with one skill are pretty annoying. Flapping Wings and sword and board. Basically immune to all serious ranged damage :disappointed:
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    Seriously. OP sets like earthgore and whatever else.. Spam your aoe and spam your timestop and snares and immobs..

No skill..

Im basically getting ready to completely bail on ESO...

By any means necessary...

right?
  • Sypherioth
    Sypherioth
    ✭✭✭
    Don't try solo play in BG. Also if one group has heal prepare to lose or focus healer more. This will improve lots of BG. I wreck people easy but I get wrecked alot to. If I have pocket healer in my group we 2 can wreck all…

I find not only warden OP. Yes they have great upfront burst which you should know when you see one. but I also find werewolf OP i also find sorc OP. And damn those ganking NB so OP. Also these these jabs stabbing templars.. So OP. damn DK with wings so OP when im on my ranged character. Damn fossilize so OP whenever this DK catches me.

I can go on and on and on. Eso is doing better then ever. Many builds have counters...

• ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    BG's have become a complete joke tbh with the current cheese that is available in the game. If you play on PC EU in the higher MMR bracket, there is this one premade that slots all of the worst possible cancer and just mows people over within seconds. At one point my healer took so much damage from procs, dots and bleeds, that even soul siphon ult (strongest heal ult in the game) couldn't heal me through the onslaught.

If you frequent PC EU bgs then you know who I speak of.

@Koensol
    What does MMR stand for? Thank you in advance.
    Match Making Rank. The higher you get, the more premades and competent players you will find. Solo Q is just not fun at all. Cancer premades like the ones I and @Liam12548 speak of abuse every single broken mechanic in the game to cheese their way to victory. I don't even understand they find it fun. I have seen teams full of very good players simply ragequit against this particular premade because there is no point in even trying.

The worst part of the MMR is that even on brand new characters, I somehow seem to catch up to the MMR of the same premades I fight on my main within a week or two. They need to either remove it entirely or simply separate solo que and group que. I shouldn't feel obligated to go in with a team of four for the simple reason that I don't want to get farmed by the same teams of 4 I match in a premade. There was once a time where solo Q was the most enjoyable way to play BG's, back when there was 0 MMR separation and you could fight any players who were in the que at the same time.

The solution to the root issue is to create some sort of root immunity tied to CC immunity, or on it's own cooldown. I shouldn't be able to dodge roll and be immediately rooted again as I come out of it. They should also consider limiting snares to major & minor, while changing the underlying mechanic so that an existing snare must wear off before another snare/the same snare can be applied with a refreshed duration.

If they fix the MMR and balance the roots/snares, BG's will be highly enjoyable once again.

I don't know. I don't want to go back to the FM swift meta either where skills won't even fire cause the games targeting cant handle it and mechanics can be completely ignored. I'd prefer just counter support skills such as a morph on grand healing or something that gives snare immunity for a few seconds and an ult like negate magic in a universely available tree that removes placed ground effects. Especially if some of this counter utility could be given to non templar and warden healers so as to give them a niche. NB path could be a could candidate. Change the major Expedition to snare immunity and bam! NB healers are a thing.

No one said anything about going back to the FM swift meta - that will never return to the degree it was before as long as there isn't easy access to long duration major expedition & speed modifiers. To be clear, even as a mainly stamina player - I don't think this should return.

However, there is now a meta that heavily favors spamming aoe snare and root abilities, because in general stam builds cannot afford to deal with these setups any longer. There needs to be a fair balance between the tools used to counter stam builds and stam builds access to mobility options - which is non-existent currently.

As far as snare immunity itself goes, shuffle should offer .75s immunity per piece of medium armor worn, allowing for 3.75s at 5 pieces and 5.25s at 7 pieces. This will give medium more mobility than heavy FM builds or mag vampires using mist, as well as provide them with a USEFUL snare immunity option.

Roots should have an associated immunity that can prevent you from being permanent rooted and re-rooted. Even if breaking a root simply granted you 2 or 3 seconds of being un-rootable, this would be a step in the right direction.

The reason you feel permanently snared when fighting outnumbered now is because you are. Snares are overwriting and having their duration refreshed before they wear off, resulting in you being constantly snared unless you use an immunity ability, and currently there are multiple things that flat out ignore immunity, such as immobilize poisons and all gap closers. With the nerfs to expedition and swift, you're moving at an even lower speed while snared - resulting in medium stam builds that should have a slight edge in mobility over heavy armor and mag specs moving the exact same speed (or slower, in some cases).

There needs to be some serious changes to the way snares and roots work, or the game will be at it's worst state in years come the next patch. It already is looking pretty grim for anyone that enjoys BGs, solo play, or small scale in open world.

This is a good post. It's near impossible to just solo queue as melee if you're a decent player and match against other good players. Every other match is perma snare, stun, root, ice blockade hell with aoe on top of you and it's almost completely unplayable.

Other games have long cooldowns on CC. They don't attach CC to everything. I see people throwing around figures like 2 seconds of immunity for a snare, and I have to wonder if they enjoy getting snared. We need serious diminishing returns on CC like other games learned they needed before they started to bleed players because of it.

Even nearly 20 years ago the developers of Dark Age of Camelot learned the hard way that a tremendous amount of powerful CC was extremely toxic for pvp and ruined people's enjoyment of the game, causing them to massively scale it back. WoW developers learned the same thing, and massively scaled back CC, making it a powerful tool that you use at the correct time rather than something that's on everything, that you use on every target, repeatedly throughout a match. In Rift, snares were almost never directly applied by abilities (rogue poisons were the exception, but that was nerfed), were not particularly prevalent at all, and had diminishing returns/immunity timers. Same goes for leaps/charges/gap closers--they were reduced to a short 1.5s duration root with no snare. Stuns were attached to long cooldowns and had long-ish immunity timers, at least compared to ESO.

A good start would be, at the very least, 2-3 times the immunity time as the duration of the cc applied to you. 3 second snare? 6 second immunity to all snares. 4 second snare? 8 second immunity to all snares, and these would still apply even if the snare was purged off. Either that, or long immunity timers regardless of the duration, along the order of 8-10 seconds minimum for each form of CC . Global immunity timers would be a good solution IMO, as would toning down the actual movement speed reduction some of these snares offer.

Another issue is that a lot of snares in the game are also lowering movement speed to an extreme degree that is absolutely not necessary. Ask yourself what the actual purpose of a snare is if it's attached to a melee ability like jabs or heroic slash? It's to keep your target inside of melee range. Does a player need a 70% or 60% snare to do that? Of course not. 30% would be fine. 70% (like jabs) is so slow that it essentially becomes a root. Losing control over your character to that degree, near permanently during a fight, is simply not fun, and it can easily guarantee your death when a 30% snare may have allowed you to safely get away from the train of people on you, one of which happens to using his class spam ability which for some reason has a 70% snare attached to it.

Out of every single aspect of gameplay in mmo pvp, there is one thing players hate the absolute most, and that is losing control of their character. This kind of gameplay is extremely toxic and will slowly eat away at ESO's playerbase if it isn't scaled back to a massive degree. I've been playing MMO pvp for years, starting with DAoC nearly two decades ago, and BGs in ESO have become the most frustrating experience I've had in any game to date. Some of this is due to the absurd three team system, but most of it is due to the ridiculous amount of CC and never, for even half of any fight where more than one other person is involved, having complete control over my character for at least half the time I'm in combat.

Fix your game ZOS. You've got a really good thing going here, but you're ruining it by making mistakes that other developers made (and learned from) years ago, mistakes that should not be happening in a MMORPG in 2019.
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • bardx86
    bardx86
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ecru wrote: »
    NuarBlack wrote: »
    BuildMan wrote: »
    BG's have become a complete joke tbh with the current cheese that is available in the game. If you play on PC EU in the higher MMR bracket, there is this one premade that slots all of the worst possible cancer and just mows people over within seconds. At one point my healer took so much damage from procs, dots and bleeds, that even soul siphon ult (strongest heal ult in the game) couldn't heal me through the onslaught.

If you frequent PC EU bgs then you know who I speak of.

@Koensol
    What does MMR stand for? Thank you in advance.
    Match Making Rank. The higher you get, the more premades and competent players you will find. Solo Q is just not fun at all. Cancer premades like the ones I and @Liam12548 speak of abuse every single broken mechanic in the game to cheese their way to victory. I don't even understand they find it fun. I have seen teams full of very good players simply ragequit against this particular premade because there is no point in even trying.

The worst part of the MMR is that even on brand new characters, I somehow seem to catch up to the MMR of the same premades I fight on my main within a week or two. They need to either remove it entirely or simply separate solo que and group que. I shouldn't feel obligated to go in with a team of four for the simple reason that I don't want to get farmed by the same teams of 4 I match in a premade. There was once a time where solo Q was the most enjoyable way to play BG's, back when there was 0 MMR separation and you could fight any players who were in the que at the same time.

The solution to the root issue is to create some sort of root immunity tied to CC immunity, or on it's own cooldown. I shouldn't be able to dodge roll and be immediately rooted again as I come out of it. They should also consider limiting snares to major & minor, while changing the underlying mechanic so that an existing snare must wear off before another snare/the same snare can be applied with a refreshed duration.

If they fix the MMR and balance the roots/snares, BG's will be highly enjoyable once again.

I don't know. I don't want to go back to the FM swift meta either where skills won't even fire cause the games targeting cant handle it and mechanics can be completely ignored. I'd prefer just counter support skills such as a morph on grand healing or something that gives snare immunity for a few seconds and an ult like negate magic in a universely available tree that removes placed ground effects. Especially if some of this counter utility could be given to non templar and warden healers so as to give them a niche. NB path could be a could candidate. Change the major Expedition to snare immunity and bam! NB healers are a thing.

No one said anything about going back to the FM swift meta - that will never return to the degree it was before as long as there isn't easy access to long duration major expedition & speed modifiers. To be clear, even as a mainly stamina player - I don't think this should return.

However, there is now a meta that heavily favors spamming aoe snare and root abilities, because in general stam builds cannot afford to deal with these setups any longer. There needs to be a fair balance between the tools used to counter stam builds and stam builds access to mobility options - which is non-existent currently.

As far as snare immunity itself goes, shuffle should offer .75s immunity per piece of medium armor worn, allowing for 3.75s at 5 pieces and 5.25s at 7 pieces. This will give medium more mobility than heavy FM builds or mag vampires using mist, as well as provide them with a USEFUL snare immunity option.

Roots should have an associated immunity that can prevent you from being permanent rooted and re-rooted. Even if breaking a root simply granted you 2 or 3 seconds of being un-rootable, this would be a step in the right direction.

The reason you feel permanently snared when fighting outnumbered now is because you are. Snares are overwriting and having their duration refreshed before they wear off, resulting in you being constantly snared unless you use an immunity ability, and currently there are multiple things that flat out ignore immunity, such as immobilize poisons and all gap closers. With the nerfs to expedition and swift, you're moving at an even lower speed while snared - resulting in medium stam builds that should have a slight edge in mobility over heavy armor and mag specs moving the exact same speed (or slower, in some cases).

There needs to be some serious changes to the way snares and roots work, or the game will be at it's worst state in years come the next patch. It already is looking pretty grim for anyone that enjoys BGs, solo play, or small scale in open world.

This is a good post. It's near impossible to just solo queue as melee if you're a decent player and match against other good players. Every other match is perma snare, stun, root, ice blockade hell with aoe on top of you and it's almost completely unplayable.

Other games have long cooldowns on CC. They don't attach CC to everything. I see people throwing around figures like 2 seconds of immunity for a snare, and I have to wonder if they enjoy getting snared. We need serious diminishing returns on CC like other games learned they needed before they started to bleed players because of it.

Even nearly 20 years ago the developers of Dark Age of Camelot learned the hard way that a tremendous amount of powerful CC was extremely toxic for pvp and ruined people's enjoyment of the game, causing them to massively scale it back. WoW developers learned the same thing, and massively scaled back CC, making it a powerful tool that you use at the correct time rather than something that's on everything, that you use on every target, repeatedly throughout a match. In Rift, snares were almost never directly applied by abilities (rogue poisons were the exception, but that was nerfed), were not particularly prevalent at all, and had diminishing returns/immunity timers. Same goes for leaps/charges/gap closers--they were reduced to a short 1.5s duration root with no snare. Stuns were attached to long cooldowns and had long-ish immunity timers, at least compared to ESO.

A good start would be, at the very least, 2-3 times the immunity time as the duration of the cc applied to you. 3 second snare? 6 second immunity to all snares. 4 second snare? 8 second immunity to all snares, and these would still apply even if the snare was purged off. Either that, or long immunity timers regardless of the duration, along the order of 8-10 seconds minimum for each form of CC . Global immunity timers would be a good solution IMO, as would toning down the actual movement speed reduction some of these snares offer.

Another issue is that a lot of snares in the game are also lowering movement speed to an extreme degree that is absolutely not necessary. Ask yourself what the actual purpose of a snare is if it's attached to a melee ability like jabs or heroic slash? It's to keep your target inside of melee range. Does a player need a 70% or 60% snare to do that? Of course not. 30% would be fine. 70% (like jabs) is so slow that it essentially becomes a root. Losing control over your character to that degree, near permanently during a fight, is simply not fun, and it can easily guarantee your death when a 30% snare may have allowed you to safely get away from the train of people on you, one of which happens to using his class spam ability which for some reason has a 70% snare attached to it.

Out of every single aspect of gameplay in mmo pvp, there is one thing players hate the absolute most, and that is losing control of their character. This kind of gameplay is extremely toxic and will slowly eat away at ESO's playerbase if it isn't scaled back to a massive degree. I've been playing MMO pvp for years, starting with DAoC nearly two decades ago, and BGs in ESO have become the most frustrating experience I've had in any game to date. Some of this is due to the absurd three team system, but most of it is due to the ridiculous amount of CC and never, for even half of any fight where more than one other person is involved, having complete control over my character for at least half the time I'm in combat.

Fix your game ZOS. You've got a really good thing going here, but you're ruining it by making mistakes that other developers made (and learned from) years ago, mistakes that should not be happening in a MMORPG in 2019.

Agreed! I'll even take it a bit further. CC stuns are out of control. This game is cast 2 skills and get knocked down. Cast 2 more skills and get knocked down. It's not fun at all.
  • Miriel
    Miriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want skill, start a dueling club with your own rules about allowed skills and gear sets.

I suspect most people play BGs to win, not show off their skill, even though they might well be skilled players. There will always be a most-damage-for-least-effort meta that players of all skill levels flock to.

Even Inigo Montoya and the Dread Pirate Roberts fought with their right hands when they needed to win and death was on the line.

dont forget mods and what macroes people run in their controlers/sticks/mouses... playing the same game, is important if you want to compare git good... or if you need handicap, mods, and other things to aid you playing a video game
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst by far are premade groups with sorcs bringing a whole ZOO to BG's. All pets, Atronach ultimates, Daedroth/Shadowrend monster sets and so on. Then they just stand there and heavy attack, spam shields and Mages Wrath. I wonder how many matches I would find that "fun" myself? It's not like they are going very well either, it's just really, really annoying.
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Worst by far are premade groups with sorcs bringing a whole ZOO to BG's. All pets, Atronach ultimates, Daedroth/Shadowrend monster sets and so on. Then they just stand there and heavy attack, spam shields and Mages Wrath. I wonder how many matches I would find that "fun" myself? It's not like they are going very well either, it's just really, really annoying.

Yeah this has seemingly gotten even worse after the last patch. Anyone have any guesses on how long this perma-snare, chain stun, pet zoo meta is going to last? I like both being able to control my character and target other players at the same time. Right now controlling my character is something I can do less than half the time and targeting is merely a suggestion if pets are around. ZOS? Hello?
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • LordTareq
    LordTareq
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares and roots need a massive nerf. It’s absolutely ridiculous at the moment. Surely the developers must pvp occasionally as well and notice the current state of affairs, as well as the frustration of many players on this regard?