The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG PvP has turned into complete garbage. No skill - Spam aoe - Spam time stop - spam immobs/snares

Duukar
Duukar
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously. OP sets like earthgore and whatever else.. Spam your aoe and spam your timestop and snares and immobs..

No skill..

Im basically getting ready to completely bail on ESO...
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're not having fun anymore just take a break. Tis a video game afterall. The point of it is to have fun.

That being said.

Can I have your stuff?
  • Jakx
    Jakx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying an AOE ability with a built in execute mechanic that isnt dodgeable is a bad idea?
    Joined September 2013
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want skill, start a dueling club with your own rules about allowed skills and gear sets.

I suspect most people play BGs to win, not show off their skill, even though they might well be skilled players. There will always be a most-damage-for-least-effort meta that players of all skill levels flock to.

Even Inigo Montoya and the Dread Pirate Roberts fought with their right hands when they needed to win and death was on the line.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's wrong with left clicking while your armour sets and enchants do the healing and damaging for you?
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're dying to Earthgore, you're probably doing it wrong.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore removes all my health points.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time stop - Big aoe snare that takes 4 seconds to do a big aoe stun. Cast it.. let it stun.. wait 1 second.. recast. Perma aoe snare into aoe stun every 5 seconds..... Is this a damn joke?

Ice mages - Big aoe snares into immobs. 60% snares... into Immobs.. more than once.. Dodge roll for 2 seconds immunity.. Is this a damn joke?

Add to that all the players in the cluster f*&% spamming every aoe ability they can. We arent even talking just steel tornado spam. Warden Burst and Dawnbreakers and destro ults are top dmg dealers in this perma snared into stunned into immobilized disaster we try to exist in.

Then if you target the player spamming time stop, likely a templar, hes built completely tank. No need for magic dmg or big resource pools.. Just enough to get by because every stam player is able to almost keep themselves alive with self healing anyway. So you focus your burst on the healer and whammy hes laughing at you and if you do get him below 50% whack earthgore completly erases everything you just did. Then their team turns on you when you are low on resources and blown all your ults and wrecks you..

This is completely out of control. Boring, lame and dumb. I am taking a break. Ive cancelled my eso plus. I have 16 days left. We shall see if I have a resurgence of desire to play.

No, you cant have my stuff. Ill be back no matter what. I love this game.. Right now it just feels like an abusive relationship.
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take Permafrost and Earthgore out of the game and immediately see a massive increase in quality of life.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »
    Take Permafrost and Earthgore out of the game and immediately see a massive increase in quality of life.

Permafrost is a 200 cost Ultimate. there are far worse snares and stuns that can be spammed.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removing the snare immunity by making it too expensive and short to be worthwhile was an awful change.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhhhh PvP.

Get CCed+snared => break CC => 5 secs immune left => cast forward momentum /roll dodge => 3 secs immune left => Heal => 1 sec immune left => press 1 skill => get CCed again => rinse repeat.

<3<3<3

Maybe one day, we'll get longer immunes, indexed on CC lenght, like we had on War online <3.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Duukar wrote: »
    Time stop - Big aoe snare that takes 4 seconds to do a big aoe stun. Cast it.. let it stun.. wait 1 second.. recast. Perma aoe snare into aoe stun every 5 seconds..... Is this a damn joke?

Ice mages - Big aoe snares into immobs. 60% snares... into Immobs.. more than once.. Dodge roll for 2 seconds immunity.. Is this a damn joke?

Add to that all the players in the cluster f*&% spamming every aoe ability they can. We arent even talking just steel tornado spam. Warden Burst and Dawnbreakers and destro ults are top dmg dealers in this perma snared into stunned into immobilized disaster we try to exist in.

Then if you target the player spamming time stop, likely a templar, hes built completely tank. No need for magic dmg or big resource pools.. Just enough to get by because every stam player is able to almost keep themselves alive with self healing anyway. So you focus your burst on the healer and whammy hes laughing at you and if you do get him below 50% whack earthgore completly erases everything you just did. Then their team turns on you when you are low on resources and blown all your ults and wrecks you..

This is completely out of control. Boring, lame and dumb. I am taking a break. Ive cancelled my eso plus. I have 16 days left. We shall see if I have a resurgence of desire to play.

No, you cant have my stuff. Ill be back no matter what. I love this game.. Right now it just feels like an abusive relationship.

Blame ZOS for pusing magicka players to more tanky and troll builds. You think that's bad? You haven't seen nothing yet :D The party is just starting...

You and maybe even the dev team might be surprised at some of the builds that are possible in this game.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BG's have become a complete joke tbh with the current cheese that is available in the game. If you play on PC EU in the higher MMR bracket, there is this one premade that slots all of the worst possible cancer and just mows people over within seconds. At one point my healer took so much damage from procs, dots and bleeds, that even soul siphon ult (strongest heal ult in the game) couldn't heal me through the onslaught.

If you frequent PC EU bgs then you know who I speak of.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stratforge wrote: »

For my anything that gives either massive amounts of HP or deals unavoidable burst dmg is problematic - don´t think permafrost is tbh.

Earthgore, Trollking, Skoria, Caluurion, Zaan - maybe viper, sheer venom aswell but unsure.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    BG's have become a complete joke tbh with the current cheese that is available in the game. If you play on PC EU in the higher MMR bracket, there is this one premade that slots all of the worst possible cancer and just mows people over within seconds. At one point my healer took so much damage from procs, dots and bleeds, that even soul siphon ult (strongest heal ult in the game) couldn't heal me through the onslaught.

@Koensol
    What does MMR stand for? Thank you in advance.
    PvP needs more love.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The snare/immobilize spam is the largest issue in BG's currently. As far as competitive matches go, a team with a healer and a frost WoE or an ice warden will stomp any other comp, every time. Stamina builds do not have the snare immunity to deal with the immobilze/snare spam, and in trying to do so they will burn their stam out in half the time it takes for either the snare spam or healer to run out of resources. Mag builds don't have the stam to get out of the WoE, period. If the snare comp simply roots mag builds down in the center of their group, it's a death every time.

This gameplay is not fun, fast paced, or skillful. You spend more than half the match out of stam, unable to move or do anything, while tanky builds kill you with DoTs, glyphs, and AoE's. These builds don't even have to aim, it's the least skillful meta we've ever seen on ESO, and by far one of the most effective. The only thing I can think of to compare to it is the old viper tremorscale widowmaker HA->ransack->bash cheese, and that was an entirely different type of cheese altogether.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »

@Koensol
    Match Making Rank. The higher you get, the more premades and competent players you will find. Solo Q is just not fun at all. Cancer premades like the ones I and @Liam12548 speak of abuse every single broken mechanic in the game to cheese their way to victory. I don't even understand they find it fun. I have seen teams full of very good players simply ragequit against this particular premade because there is no point in even trying.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Koensol
    Match Making Rank. The higher you get, the more premades and competent players you will find. Solo Q is just not fun at all. Cancer premades like the ones I and @Liam12548 speak of abuse every single broken mechanic in the game to cheese their way to victory. I don't even understand they find it fun. I have seen teams full of very good players simply ragequit against this particular premade because there is no point in even trying.

The worst part of the MMR is that even on brand new characters, I somehow seem to catch up to the MMR of the same premades I fight on my main within a week or two. They need to either remove it entirely or simply separate solo que and group que. I shouldn't feel obligated to go in with a team of four for the simple reason that I don't want to get farmed by the same teams of 4 I match in a premade. There was once a time where solo Q was the most enjoyable way to play BG's, back when there was 0 MMR separation and you could fight any players who were in the que at the same time.

The solution to the root issue is to create some sort of root immunity tied to CC immunity, or on it's own cooldown. I shouldn't be able to dodge roll and be immediately rooted again as I come out of it. They should also consider limiting snares to major & minor, while changing the underlying mechanic so that an existing snare must wear off before another snare/the same snare can be applied with a refreshed duration.

If they fix the MMR and balance the roots/snares, BG's will be highly enjoyable once again.

Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Koensol

Why not then make a similar pre-made?

I have come across a similar pre-made in console BGs (Xbox) and I didn't blame them. I blamed my incompetent team mates.

Refusal to remain within striking distance of each other. Tanky builds aren't created in a correctly tanky way. Our Stam NBs are too low on the damage, no healer - or a healer that thinks 200k heals is anywhere near good.

The gap between the ocean of bad players and the cup full of good ones is massive.

My team doesn't run earthgore, or zaan, or caluurion or shieldbreaker. They do not run DW master bleeds, they do not run spin2win.

I don't know wtf they run, but it's definitely not good enough (PuGs in general in all aspects of the game)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Koensol

I have come across a similar pre-made in console BGs (Xbox) and I didn't blame them. I blamed my incompetent team mates.

Refusal to remain within striking distance of each other. Tanky builds aren't created in a correctly tanky way. Our Stam NBs are too low on the damage, no healer - or a healer that thinks 200k heals is anywhere near good.

The gap between the ocean of bad players and the cup full of good ones is massive.

My team doesn't run earthgore, or zaan, or caluurion or shieldbreaker. They do not run DW master bleeds, they do not run spin2win.

I don't know wtf they run, but it's definitely not good enough (PuGs in general in all aspects of the game)
    Like I said, I dont understand people find it fun. There is no skill at all in this playstyle and it leads to toxicity in the community. The whole point is these sets shouldn't be in the game. The developers are the only ones to blame. Second are the tryhard players who are oh so eager to exploit these broken sets, and ruin the gaming experience of others who are actually looking to improve themself and not crutch on procs and broken mechanics. You are right, you can't blame them. But I don't have any respect whatsoever for their victory. Really good games are rare these days in BGs.
    Edited by Koensol on December 4, 2018 4:36PM
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

@Koensol

The worst part of the MMR is that even on brand new characters, I somehow seem to catch up to the MMR of the same premades I fight on my main within a week or two. They need to either remove it entirely or simply separate solo que and group que. I shouldn't feel obligated to go in with a team of four for the simple reason that I don't want to get farmed by the same teams of 4 I match in a premade. There was once a time where solo Q was the most enjoyable way to play BG's, back when there was 0 MMR separation and you could fight any players who were in the que at the same time.

The solution to the root issue is to create some sort of root immunity tied to CC immunity, or on it's own cooldown. I shouldn't be able to dodge roll and be immediately rooted again as I come out of it. They should also consider limiting snares to major & minor, while changing the underlying mechanic so that an existing snare must wear off before another snare/the same snare can be applied with a refreshed duration.

If they fix the MMR and balance the roots/snares, BG's will be highly enjoyable once again.

I don't know. I don't want to go back to the FM swift meta either where skills won't even fire cause the games targeting cant handle it and mechanics can be completely ignored. I'd prefer just counter support skills such as a morph on grand healing or something that gives snare immunity for a few seconds and an ult like negate magic in a universely available tree that removes placed ground effects. Especially if some of this counter utility could be given to non templar and warden healers so as to give them a niche. NB path could be a could candidate. Change the major Expedition to snare immunity and bam! NB healers are a thing.
    Edited by NuarBlack on December 4, 2018 5:27PM
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

@Koensol

I don't know. I don't want to go back to the FM swift meta either where skills won't even fire cause the games targeting cant handle it and mechanics can be completely ignored. I'd prefer just counter support skills such as a morph on grand healing or something that gives snare immunity for a few seconds and an ult like negate magic in a universely available tree that removes placed ground effects. Especially if some of this counter utility could be given to non templar and warden healers so as to give them a niche. NB path could be a could candidate. Change the major Expedition to snare immunity and bam! NB healers are a thing.

No one said anything about going back to the FM swift meta - that will never return to the degree it was before as long as there isn't easy access to long duration major expedition & speed modifiers. To be clear, even as a mainly stamina player - I don't think this should return.

However, there is now a meta that heavily favors spamming aoe snare and root abilities, because in general stam builds cannot afford to deal with these setups any longer. There needs to be a fair balance between the tools used to counter stam builds and stam builds access to mobility options - which is non-existent currently.

As far as snare immunity itself goes, shuffle should offer .75s immunity per piece of medium armor worn, allowing for 3.75s at 5 pieces and 5.25s at 7 pieces. This will give medium more mobility than heavy FM builds or mag vampires using mist, as well as provide them with a USEFUL snare immunity option.

Roots should have an associated immunity that can prevent you from being permanent rooted and re-rooted. Even if breaking a root simply granted you 2 or 3 seconds of being un-rootable, this would be a step in the right direction.

The reason you feel permanently snared when fighting outnumbered now is because you are. Snares are overwriting and having their duration refreshed before they wear off, resulting in you being constantly snared unless you use an immunity ability, and currently there are multiple things that flat out ignore immunity, such as immobilize poisons and all gap closers. With the nerfs to expedition and swift, you're moving at an even lower speed while snared - resulting in medium stam builds that should have a slight edge in mobility over heavy armor and mag specs moving the exact same speed (or slower, in some cases).

There needs to be some serious changes to the way snares and roots work, or the game will be at it's worst state in years come the next patch. It already is looking pretty grim for anyone that enjoys BGs, solo play, or small scale in open world.
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Snares should not overwrite others to refresh the duration. That's just silly.

We need more access to snare removal and immunity now that speed has been lowered. Then adjust the silly overwriting. Then further adjust as necessary.
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snares should not overwrite others to refresh the duration. That's just silly.

We need more access to snare removal and immunity now that speed has been lowered. Then adjust the silly overwriting. Then further adjust as necessary.

No, they should be able to overwrite one another, someone with a more heavy snare should refresh the duration by removing the smaller one. This wouldn't be a problem if all snares were standardized i.e. major snare 30%/minor snare 15% and you could stack the two but would have to invest in abilities that do both. Which then wouldn't be an issue if snare/immobilization immunity was longer and more accessible.
    Edited by TimeDazzler on December 5, 2018 1:21AM
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

@Koensol

No one said anything about going back to the FM swift meta - that will never return to the degree it was before as long as there isn't easy access to long duration major expedition & speed modifiers. To be clear, even as a mainly stamina player - I don't think this should return.

However, there is now a meta that heavily favors spamming aoe snare and root abilities, because in general stam builds cannot afford to deal with these setups any longer. There needs to be a fair balance between the tools used to counter stam builds and stam builds access to mobility options - which is non-existent currently.

As far as snare immunity itself goes, shuffle should offer .75s immunity per piece of medium armor worn, allowing for 3.75s at 5 pieces and 5.25s at 7 pieces. This will give medium more mobility than heavy FM builds or mag vampires using mist, as well as provide them with a USEFUL snare immunity option.

Roots should have an associated immunity that can prevent you from being permanent rooted and re-rooted. Even if breaking a root simply granted you 2 or 3 seconds of being un-rootable, this would be a step in the right direction.

The reason you feel permanently snared when fighting outnumbered now is because you are. Snares are overwriting and having their duration refreshed before they wear off, resulting in you being constantly snared unless you use an immunity ability, and currently there are multiple things that flat out ignore immunity, such as immobilize poisons and all gap closers. With the nerfs to expedition and swift, you're moving at an even lower speed while snared - resulting in medium stam builds that should have a slight edge in mobility over heavy armor and mag specs moving the exact same speed (or slower, in some cases).

There needs to be some serious changes to the way snares and roots work, or the game will be at it's worst state in years come the next patch. It already is looking pretty grim for anyone that enjoys BGs, solo play, or small scale in open world.

I agree that Shuffle needs to be buffed to be the best snare immunity in the game. And that some more snare immunity needs to be available elsewhere. Magden and magsorc could definitely use some like dk wings of 2 seconds. I just think you will have to be careful or we will end up back where we were just cause of the way snares and roots work along with immunity. They seem to either be a complete lockdown or ignored entirely via immunity.

I like the idea of support control builds. And snares and roots are the only way to do that cause of the way CC works. So changing it to be the same as CC will completely kill that option. I'd rather just see the creation of the antithesis of control builds in the form of support builds that grant immunity and have area targeted cleanses that remove ground effects. Now of course solo play needs to be supported but I think few more options like dk wings will be plenty. I run wings on my stamDK and have no problems.
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Koensol

I'm not a pug, but I solo queue often. My builds are game tight as are my pvp skills. I have been HIGHLY successful in previous years doing 1vX and solo queue and premades.

My best performance was harassing a scroll raid and I took literally 25 as a tax with my nightblade before I was taken down. Pre procs. the days when a tri stat drink was considered meta. there wasnt crippling lag due to all the abilities plus procs plus *** aoes going off. I had my wife watch. I just asked her how many she thought I took down. she said 25. The counter said about the same, but higher.

Even when I face these super cheese comps and I still manage a decent score. Usually, unless they are a true premade and my team is clueless, badly balanced, or just over matched.

It just simply saps all the fun out of BG PvP. Even if we win the round I havent enjoyed it. Im literally turning red and screaming when I get chained CCed into oblivion. Even if we win the fight. Its so incredibly stressful and frustrating It's just not worth it. Why? So people who choose not to dedicate to a character and PvP for hours on end can compete?

BGs should be proc free zones. If you wear proc sets they simply dont work. Monster helms too. Just good old fashioned PvP. Its too bad they have made weapon enchants basically the new proc meta as well. God they just borked this game to heck didnt they?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im literally turning red and screaming when I get chained CCed into oblivion.

2gO3XUH.gif
  • Duukar
    Duukar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2gO3XUH.gif

Which I spend a fair bit of time and money on. Im invested. Im passionate. It pisses me off when things are ruined so badly.

Also why Im taking a break.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

9 out of 10 dental hygienists would agree with everything you posted. The 10th one doesn’t play ESO.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2gO3XUH.gif

Which I spend a fair bit of time and money on. Im invested. Im passionate. It pisses me off when things are ruined so badly.

Also why Im taking a break.

I don't understand how anyone could take the PvP in this game serious at any level. There are just so many variables that you can't control for that player skill is just a nonfactor, unless you are both playing the same build with the same stats, there will always be a mismatch in the game. Meaning that you can't ever know if you really were better then the person you just killed or if your stats just carried you. Not like this is counter strike or halo, were everyone has the same starting ablitys and only player skill is a factor.

You are also talking to someone seriously invested in the game, I once figured out how much time I have in the game, around 12-13% of my time since I started playing in February 2015 has been dedicated to this game. The amount of money I have put into the game is a lot too but per hour has been one of the best use of my money, was around 10 cents American money per hour played.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 5, 2018 4:41AM