The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BG PvP has turned into complete garbage. No skill - Spam aoe - Spam time stop - spam immobs/snares

• Seenoevil
    Seenoevil
    ✭✭✭
    [snip]

Incomes necromancer.... mark my words.... once the necros come in wardens are are getting hit with the nerf sledgehammer...

[Edited for reference to removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on March 6, 2019 4:06PM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Svidrir wrote: »
    Jakx wrote: »
    Something not being considered is that if you want to "fix" the current meta of aoe snare spam then Stam has to take a big damage hit. Stam does insane damage currently which is exactly why people adopted the meta almost immediately to spam snares after the mobility change.

I agree its a trash meta atm to snare spam but its also trash that Stam outperforms Mag so hard and that gap has only increased since it started in summerset. Any change to mobility without commensurate changes to Stam damage would only make Stam overlords stronger.

Don't forget the other side of the coin when you demand "balance"

Smart remark .
    There is a supprématie of stamina currently (NB Stam..... Warden Stam....)

I agree with the fact that currently the CC pose problem but I wonder how one will kill NB stamina after cc nerve while they are already hard (see impossible) to catch at present.. (I play Warden/sor/Stam)

ps : Need Vanish or incap nerf :

stam is only the meta and strong because the primary defensive maneuvers of dodge, break free, block cost stam.

mag toons suffer greatly because of this.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Wompatom
    Wompatom
    I play BG's all the time with my full medium armour Stamblade. To set some context, I do quite well most games and regularly get kill-death ratios of around 4:1. I don't run Dual Wield or proc sets. I've learned my playstyle well and make it work quite effectively.

With that said, I have to admit snares are a bit over the top at the moment. Don't get me wrong I'm still playing BG's and having fun but they are without a doubt too strong. If I get bursted down in less than 2 seconds from 3 players at once then that's fair game IMO. What is frustrating is feeling crippled in a fight and having to spam shuffle to avoid it. I can't even imagine how hard it is for players not running a snare removal skill.

AOE's I don't think are that bad, but seem stronger than they are due to the state of snares and roots. AOE's are easily avoidable if you can move properly. Even Steel Tornado (which is a hard counter for my class) I don't think is as OP as people say it is, albeit a very effective no-brainer skill. Changing it from a full circle to a cone would probably make it fine because at least it can miss.

As many others have stated, I think the best solution is making snares major/minor (30%/15%). Both can stack for a maximum of 45% reduction which is plenty. Most snares should apply minor and the only the strongest should apply major. I've thought a lot about it and this seems to me to be the most realistic solution.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Greetings, we have recently removed some non-constructive and unnecessary comments from this thread. Please keep in mind that insults, rude comments, and baiting are against the Community Rules. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post