The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Texture/geometry flickering. New bug or what?

• jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    That's funny, they "fixed" this back in 4.0.10:
    Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the environment and buildings around you to temporarily vanish.

Just like the MOL crashes, lightning staff HA bug, stam getting rooted when casting ground effect abilities, etc.

Zos, can you please actually fix the game and stop just issuing patch notes saying things are fixed.
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    This flickering is still happening in craglorn specifically. It’s almost a strobe effect and is very hard on the eyes
  • noob in denial
    noob in denial
    ✭✭✭
    It always happened to me in craglorn, for many months now. Never stopped. Guess it's a feature.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always happened to me in craglorn, for many months now. Never stopped. Guess it's a feature.

Where at?
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I have been having this issue since the Wolfhunter patch and am SOOOOOO GLAD it's not just me! :smiley:

I get it all the time in Craglorn. I've tried removing my add-ons but the issue is still there
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly new. This is in particular has been happening in Craglorn as long as its existed. Sometimes it does get bad though... I remember one time they did something wrong in one of the updates and tore up the LODs there, and that caused a bunch of issues they had to later fix. But those days it was like really, really bad with the entire Spellscar glitching out and the sky going ballistic.

I get flickering like your video often enough, but not like overbearingly. Maybe once every month or so it happens all day.
    Edited by lagrue on August 23, 2018 12:09PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • lagrue
    lagrue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how the F*CK am I supposed to play like this?

I get this in Auridon, daily. See right through all the mountains and only see the heightmap really.
    Edited by lagrue on August 23, 2018 12:08PM
    PSN ID (NA only): Zuzu_With_a_Z
    *GRAND MASTER CRAFTER*

"You must defeat me every time. I need defeat you only once"
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if it's something to do with a particular weather condition: I see the Craglorn bug when it's particularly sunny weather in e.g. Glenumbra, for instance, though admittedly nowhere near as bad.

I wish they would fix some of these things though, including having to start the game and login twice every time because the first time the lag nearly always makes it unplayable. I assume the second login connects to a different server...

And also fix the absolutely deafening title music that goes on way too long. :s
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

Where at?
    For me it’s always the upper half of craglorn that does this. It’s not the disappearing wall/floor bug, it’s just like the the first video in thread, black flashes of missing pixels. If you have any sort of vertigo it makes playing in craglorn impossible :(
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    The flickering is STILL happening on PS4
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Still happening on xbox too 😕
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_BillE

This issue STILL happening (PC EU). Craglorn is fully broken. Any idea how to fix or mitigate this issue?
    Edited by santialonso on October 27, 2018 5:54PM
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    😕
  • JacobCora
    JacobCora
    ✭✭
    So is normal in Craglorn? I was a bit scared thinking my new computer was crashing!! :D
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    😕
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been happening to me since Summerset. Between that and the voice chat being perpetually broken I hardly bother logging in anymore.
  • Lab3360
    Lab3360
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metoo
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't had any flickering but I have been getting a lot of patches of blurry landscapes.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed the flickering most when I'm in area that has snow. All around Bruma flickers and Eastmarch also.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that this bug is ahppening on xbox, ps4, and PC.... I have a pretty decent PC and every time I walk up to the Eldenroot tree in Gratwood, it flickers in and out. I tried disabling all add-on and just running ESO in stock form, but it didn't make any difference for me.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er.... wow. I don't have this at all. Anywhere. And since I'm on satellite.... well, you'd figure it would be worse for me than anyone, wouldn't you?
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of flickering trees in craglorn and cyrodiil too.

All we can do is hope they will fix it during the next couple of years
    Edited by Karmanorway on December 10, 2018 7:11AM
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just get floor textures being black and black screens :s
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • HalloweenWeed
    HalloweenWeed
    ✭✭✭
    Been seeing this all along in Craglorn, but last weekend especially I seen it other places too, Coldharbor and other places I was getting surveys.

Core i7-960, Asus Rampage IV extreme, 16MB RAM, Win 10-64bit, Asus GTX 1080. Vid drivers update automatically. Rebuilt Windows from scratch a year ago. 17ms ping to first node. 133ms ping ESO NA server. 69Mbps tested download speed, 11 upload.
    Edited by HalloweenWeed on December 10, 2018 2:00PM
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happening for me in Craglorn. Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still happens a lot in Craglorn and Cyrodiil for me. PC/NA.

Might be related to this?
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6049033/#Comment_6049033

What's shown in the thread linked above is that the game sometimes moves the camera to a different position for just one single frame, causing your view to "flicker".
    dry.gif

• jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elden Root has been going all Walking City on me the last few days. Going to the wayshrine makes the town disappear and reappear two or three times before it settles down.
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Er.... wow. I don't have this at all. Anywhere. And since I'm on satellite.... well, you'd figure it would be worse for me than anyone, wouldn't you?

I wonder if having a slower connection mitigates the issue. Did you ever get the teleporting enemies bug?

I've noticed that dead enemies have a bit of a flicker and moment of desync before they seem to resolve now and become lootable, almost as if the game client is forcing a communication with the server. It's really weird, and feels a lot like Elden Root's vanishing and reappearance.

I don't know how to explain it, but the timing and pacing of the process feels the same. *shrug* Words are hard :D
  • santialonso
    santialonso
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

Since Elsweyr was released, I've played very bit. However, I have been testing Craglorn and I don't have had any flickering issue. These previous days, I have been playing with intensity in this zone and none issues. Well, till today. I could observed a bit of flickering (dissapeared in less than a second), but nothing seious and annoy like before of the release of Elsweyr.

I want to know what is your experience after the release of Elsweyr. Less flickering? More flickering? or still the same?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Try being in Cyrodiil, half the time the whole map glitches out and u can see underneath it and castles just build themselves up out of nowhere...