The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Texture/geometry flickering. New bug or what?

• PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in today and first thing I did was run to crafting area to do my daily crafting writs. Haven't been in game for more than 2 minutes and this is what I see.

https://youtu.be/pqb1Nx2sJlI
    Options
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:07PM
    Options
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC; this happened in Vulkhel Guard the other night... I was inside the enchanter's shop.

X2Lrd5H.png
    Those are the NPCs inside the inn across the street that you see... The one lying down in the invisible top bunk is my favorite.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC NA here. I and the person I often duo with have been seeing quite a bit of the same visual anomalies as in the screenshots above since Summerset luanched.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I discovered that they added a new challenge to Sanctum Ophidia! Cross the invisible bridge while avoiding the invisible holes!

I did manage to beat this challenge on the first try, but I admit I had some help.
    Options
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I am standing at one of the anomalies in Craglorn, and I keep looking at this super annoying screen glitch or something.
    Does anyone know if it's something new or what's going on?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIdIUnljhc
    Can confirm, I have the same issues. Thought I was the only one and feared that my GPU is going to die soon.
    Options
  • lpw
    lpw
    ✭✭✭
    Had this for the first time a few times on Saturday. Happened in Selene's web dungeon, Deshaan and in Cyrodil. Whole sky and all far off textures just dropped out. Thought it was my connection or PC also.
    ///// AD Master Race Since 2014 /////

Sindri al'Atreyu | Wood Elf Templar
    Eivii | Wood Elf Nightblade
    Saurmia | High Elf Magicka Templar

PC/EU - Beta Tester
    Options
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've noticed this happening a lot to me ever since ZOS stated in the last patch notes that they applied a fix in which to fix this same type of issue in Summerset/Alinor, but it apparently spread it instead... I've noticed it's worst for me whenever I'm in Elden Root or Craglorn, or any relatively small interior space. I just sent in tickets and tried to power through.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
    Options
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn has been particularly bad for me with flickering for a few weeks, especially up near Valley of Scars wayshrine.
    Edited by Seri on July 9, 2018 12:11PM
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
    Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA I've seen a lot of the same visual gitches since Summerset. Turn one way and things disappear. Turn around again and they reappear. The weird geometry flashing I've also seen from time to time as well.

I went to do crafting surveys last night and thought my surveys were bugged. There was nothing there. Turns out it was just one of these visual glitches and if I stood in the right spot I could see them and harvest them.
    Edited by Evergnar on July 9, 2018 12:15PM
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's finally happened. Molag Bal has won. The planemeld has succeeded!
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they have a major technological update in the works, because this is way past annoying. It makes the game flat out unplayable at times for me.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah its happening all over the map now.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...what's going on?

It's some kind of culling glitch. The game is telling your graphics card, "okay, the player can't see that," and the graphics card stops rendering it. This is, technically, normal. Unfortunately, something in the code is bjorked, meaning at the moment, "okay, the player can't see that," is happening to objects that are clearly in your field of view.
    Options
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noticed missing walls in Thugrub's Cave in Grahtwood yesterday.
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...what's going on?

It's some kind of culling glitch. The game is telling your graphics card, "okay, the player can't see that," and the graphics card stops rendering it. This is, technically, normal. Unfortunately, something in the code is bjorked, meaning at the moment, "okay, the player can't see that," is happening to objects that are clearly in your field of view.

The game is quite clearly only getting worse and worse. I don't know what trained chimps are doing coding over there, but maybe ZOS needs to hire competent programmers.
    Options
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This artifacting has been happening to me in Craglorn for a couple months. It usually takes about 5 minutes of running around there for it to start. When I looked it up, it had been an ongoing problem for some players since at least Morrowind. Apparently not on the fix-it priority list.

The disappearing interiors just started the other day. It's much more problematic and I hope is a priority. I feel like I picked a bad time to renew my sub. Games been a bit of a mess since Summerset unfortunately.
    Options
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    had this happen in the same spot a few times in the dungeon I was farming. I just logged out to character screen which fixes it.

updating my video card driver solved this issue when it occurred in other mmos.

however since the problem appears to be too common I doubt it is a driver issue
    Options
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty much constantly running into these at random locations all the time including Elden Root and Hel Ra.

That is complete crashes to desktop at random times.
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More or less everywhere but Summerset & that includes Arteaum
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/BmqIo6_lj8c

The 'disappearing' items has been mentioned a lot, but objects glitching around and changing size/shape is much more fun. As someone else mentioned, I was also little worried about my graphics card when I first saw it happening.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's everywhere. Any word from ZOS on when this will be fixed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-jbCFOCKrs
    Options
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Just started happening to me today in a 'making the game unplayable' way in Clockwork City. Walking into invisible objects means just running is difficult, let alone interacting with anything.
    PC-EU.
    Options
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    I have been getting flickering effect in Craglorn.
    Options
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed the flickering in the OP's video. It has been happening to me since Summerset went live. I have made sure that my graphic drivers were up to date, I've rolled back to older drivers, I've disabled all addons, I've set graphics to the absolute lowest they could possibly be. NOTHING gets rid of this flickering.

Side note, the two buildings in Windhelm whose roofs flickered no longer do. I'd rather have just those two buildings flicker than half the game world...

The flickering gets so bad especially in Craglorn that I have to limit my play while in that zone. At this rate, there should be a seizure warning when entering Craglorn.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
    Options
  • Celeste411
    Celeste411
    ✭✭✭
    Seri wrote: »
    Craglorn has been particularly bad for me with flickering for a few weeks, especially up near Valley of Scars wayshrine.

Xbox one na Craglorn has been the worst for me as well

Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strangely calming
    8hdBk4X.jpg

Vulkhel Guard just... hmm Vanished...
    ADNWh9W.jpg

Arenthia RIP..
    4viAfQL.jpg
    Options
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I turned of my five addons so I can rule that out, it’s something to do with multi core thing they added, they seem to have broken something in the games rendering system, this stupid glitch is happening everywhere now
    Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traitor's Vault today:

BjFXDHW.png
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options