The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Texture/geometry flickering. New bug or what?

Octopuss
Octopuss
✭✭✭✭✭
I am standing at one of the anomalies in Craglorn, and I keep looking at this super annoying screen glitch or something.
Does anyone know if it's something new or what's going on?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoIdIUnljhc
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:07PM
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also ran a few delves yesterday, and half the geometry simply disappeared.
    I took a month off the game, and it's worse than before :#
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening to me in every dungeon I've been in today when approaching a boss location. It's happened every now and then before but now it's every single time
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its happening to me in open world now everything is disappearing.. Used to be only in instances.
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The game is an f'n shambles tbh. Don't worry though, we're getting more content to screw it up even more. If my staple was pvp in this game, I'd have binned this *** ages ago. How folk can put up with constant freezes, during every single keep fight is beyond me. Props to those that waste more than half their gaming time logging back in.
  • Korprok
    Korprok
    ✭✭✭
    never ever seen it before until today when I was down in the wayrest sewers.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've had this in areas since launch on xbox one.....I recall it on PC too in the vanilla areas but often assumed it was my Vid card.
    Now that I've upgraded it seems its just the game....development issues since day 1.

At least they fixed the red boxes graphics issue. LINK
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 8, 2018 4:15PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kimaeril
    kimaeril
    ✭✭✭
    I've been seeing this alot since the Summerset launch. I put in a report with a screen shot of the missing wall in the thieves guild in Rawl'kha (sp). That same loss of texture is happening there everytime I go in to the area the fences are in.
    Edited by kimaeril on July 8, 2018 4:43PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I also ran a few delves yesterday, and half the geometry simply disappeared.
    I took a month off the game, and it's worse than before :#
    Happened to me too, in a morrowind cavern and in the coldharbour bank last week.
    kimaeril wrote: »
    I've been seeing this alot since the Summerset launch...
    Yeah, that way my take on it as well. I expect in due time, they will track down and squish all those bugs, for now... all we can do is report them.

But at least it is good to know that it seems to be happening to -everyone- and not just a fault in my system as I first had assumed...
  • Amiona_Star
    Amiona_Star
    ✭✭
    This sort of thing is happening every where I go! Flickering and disappearing walls/floors! Its been fixed before now its back. Really sucks.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happens to me a LOT in Craglorn ever since Summerset.

PS4 NA
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • NetViperX
    NetViperX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed the vanishing walls and floors glitch since latest patch. It only seems to happen inside buildings and dungeons and makes it very hard to navigate.
  • shimm
    shimm
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s doing this on the Xbox as well... it’s progress of a sort when all versions have the same bugs... right?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's happening a lot now. I find it's especially common in Craglorn.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 8, 2018 6:18PM
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on a relatively new PC with a 1070 graphics card and 32 GB ram.

Since the last patch I've encountered numerous cases out in the general world where the ground and terrain disappear. In delves this is more frequent. In Auridon, at the Anti-Chamber it was permanent and completely unplayable.

I'm pleased that ZOS continues to release new content and the ubiquitous cash shop items; however, I do wish more effort would be expended in making extant game elements playable.
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Graphical glitches all the time, pretty much anything beyond draw range becomes a solid sunset peach colour, It also appears on the ground in places (eg @Ash and Brk) and will trap your character until you reloadui
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It came with Summerset and we hope it will be fixed before summer sets.

:*
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that happens to me sometimes after the latest patch.
    But basically, we're having numerous graphical problems since Summerset, so... until they fix it, we can't do anything about it but keep complaining. Who knows, maybe one of those days they'll decide to fix the issues.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah, and walls/floors disappear regularly for me in dungeons and so on. It's kinda hard to fight when there's no wall or floor for reference.
    They said in the twitch live that they're gonna fix it, but I dunno when it happens. Hopefully soon, 'cause the mood to play and enjoy the game directly depends on how things work. With so many performance issues, it's hard to focus on enjoying ourselves.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see stuff like this a lot, many cases where desks, crates, etc that I know should be there are completely missing. NPCs sitting on invisible chairs, etc. And sometimes the ground textures won't load, but everything else is normally detailed.

I have recently noticed the whole screen flickering black, too.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Old bug - new levels of pain from it
    :(
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Elboron
    Elboron
    ✭✭
    Happened to me too in Craglorn, PC/EU.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox NA, I first saw it this week in Craglorn but have now seen it happen in The Rift, Deshaan, Auridon and now even Cyrodiil.
  • chexor
    chexor
    ✭✭✭
    PC-EU clockwork city always.
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely because my addons and didn't reset my router today.

fnjBL1n.png
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olen_Mikko wrote: »
    Definitely because my addons and didn't reset my router today.

LOL!!!!
  • SexualCabbage
    SexualCabbage
    ✭✭
    Thank god, i thought it was my glaucoma.
    Jyggalag in the streets, Sheogorath in the sheets.
  • AnonomissX
    AnonomissX
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been getting the flickering distant sky and background issues since Summerset. It can be really distracting because of how you have you have to be constantly aware of visual cues in this game.
    Ebonheart Pact, Nord Templar/healer on NA Xbox server. My main toon WAS a tall and foxy redhead - now she has been gamma-irradiated and has green skin and black hair. 3 other characters I only use for writs. Can't be bothered to create multiple toons - EXCEPT now my WW is getting spooled up for Cyrodiil - Blood For The Pact! IRL cranky sometimes redhead chick at large in Las Vegas, NV
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could anyone tell me how the F*CK am I supposed to play like this?

VCrYVHE.jpg

and after turning the camera few centimeters to the right
    jelAdRa.jpg

@ZOS, fix your stupid game!
    I was right in deciding not to renew my ESO+.
    Edited by Octopuss on July 8, 2018 9:06PM
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how the F*CK am I supposed to play like this?

VCrYVHE.jpg

and after turning the camera few centimeters to the right
    jelAdRa.jpg

@ZOS, fix your stupid game!
    I was right in deciding not to renew my ESO+.

Is that flying spaghetti monster?
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.