The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @jake1576 had a chance to go through the campaign leaderboards, nice work out there this campaign :)

yikes, just read about your recent situation with the game...I really hope you can get it sorted out...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2018 10:49PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had read about this issue from the PC folks, but, sure enough - the end of campaign jewelry rewards were from the "old" cyrodiil sets...

still in all - very happy for the purple jewelry for my level 25 guys on the EU server...

I ended up playing the first 2 and a half weeks in vivec EU and the last week and a half on vivec NA...

I gotta be honest, it felt good to run around fighting with my max toons...

I'm not sure how much time I'll spend doing the dungeon event...I still need to farm some more dungeon gear on the NA server, and I'd like the challange of trying a dungeon on one of my EU low level toons...

that stuck in combat bug is starting to really drive me nuts...

it's one thing not being able to mount, but, I still need to slot rapids occasionally...I hate going in to a fight with rapids slotted, if you hit it accidentally it's a good way to wreck your sustain and get yourself killed...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 29, 2018 11:08PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This dungeon even started yesterday and every single one of my toons is in Cyrodil where I left them. I was in a PSN chat group with a bunch of guildies so logging in and out wouldn’t screw up chat.

It was great logging in and getting all their sweet rewards. But traveling is a pain. It was tempting to run out and join the war.

What I’m gonna do with all this jewelry? Diddnt get anything good even. Opened up about 50 rotw. No good spell strat stuff. All like bows and shields, 2H etc. WTH ever happened to this smart loot system we supposed to get?
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we all agree gooch is an above average player outside of emp who becomes good when he gets emp?
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Can we all agree gooch is an above average player outside of emp who becomes god when he gets emp?

I think it's easy to stereotype and assume all the best players are the PC folks...I don't think that's true though...

no doubt there are folks playing on our platform/server (and specifically vivec) whom not only have taken the time to build their characters well in terms of gear and rotations, but, have also put the time in to refining their skill level...

on top of that - they simply may have a pre-dispostion for competing effectively against others...

no question for me gooch is one of those individuals...

you may be able to question that individuals focus in life :), but, hard to question their performance...

personally, I really appreciate the fact that some of the toughest bosses in the game aren't locked in some dark and scary dungeon, but, are roaming around loose in beautiful cyrodiil...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 30, 2018 10:55PM
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭
    I’m just excited to see Dc in second with a somewhat strong start over Ad Maybe Dc will surprise us this month like they did last year
    Edited by Lokirules on November 30, 2018 10:28PM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had all my characters reach level 25, and opened a bunch of rewards of the worthy, end of campaign, and cwc boxes I've been saving since level 20...

re- geared everyone, and, I'm now getting them back out into vivec EU...

combat scaling helps quite a bit with helping to buff your health, magicka, and stamina resource pools and recovery...

took a look though at my crit resistance on one of my characters (light armor wearing pet mag sorc) and noticed I had zero crit resistance...

yes, that's right - 0 crit resist...I'm a nightblade's pvp wet dream :(
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth of the matter is with these guys that consistently snag emp is in their support group.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ran in to another emp over in EU land...surprise surprise - it's another DW stam warden...

man, these folks sure do love their spin wardens :s

of course I'm just bitter cuz my EU spin warden is only level 26, and, not quite as effective...
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was living in Cyrodil this weekend. Being part of the failed attempts to get our scrolls back. Being on the team that did finally get our scrolls back. It was so great! You guys better hold on to them til I get back. Lol!

Had a blast.

Don’t tell anyone, but I hopped on my one yellow toon for a hot minute. Feel bad for yellow. like the only reason they would mess with Blue is becaus they couldn’t get anywhere with red. Let’s face it no one can right now. There’s so many of them. Fought at Sejanus against the pact with them for a minute. The covenant never makes it to that side of the map. I intentionally tried to avoid them. Got my tier 1 and rolled out.

The AD zone chat is a bit more open than DC. These people were openly saying “screw this im getting on my red toons” it’s like expected. If you can’t beat em, join em. They couldn’t gain any forward momentum either.

If you e been playing warden for any time, you know how hard it is to land sub assault on someone. And then Dawnbreaker. It’s tough getting that lined up right. Mine might hit one out of five attempts.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we all agree gooch is an above average player outside of emp who becomes good when he gets emp?
    I strongly suspect he's earned the most AP on the NA PS4 server by a country mile. He's an excellent player. Can't speak to his personality, because I don't know him and have never run with him, but respect where respect is due.

I've been EP since day 1. It's nice to see the faction do so much better this year, after taking a beating for so long. Truth is, you can have numbers but without leaders you will lose. Likewise, you can have leaders but without numbers you'll lose. Right now, EP has a little of both and that's all it takes.
    PS4NA
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I strongly suspect he's earned the most AP on the NA PS4 server by a country mile. He's an excellent player. Can't speak to his personality, because I don't know him and have never run with him, but respect where respect is due.

I've been EP since day 1. It's nice to see the faction do so much better this year, after taking a beating for so long. Truth is, you can have numbers but without leaders you will lose. Likewise, you can have leaders but without numbers you'll lose. Right now, EP has a little of both and that's all it takes.

EP's doing so much better this year because the majority of the better players on AD and DC quit ESO with many of the few left faction hopping to EP for easy farming. The Zergs that used to run on DC like Maddens group isn't even on any more. Same for all the large coordinated AD groups. Even Gooch was AD.
    Edited by Twohothardware on December 5, 2018 2:11AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logging in to vivec EU right now...a little later than normal...wanted to check out rdr2 online for a bit...

that was an interesting experience - literally everyone I came across tried to kill me - everyone...

there's a brief tutorial, but, no real clear rules of engagement...

1st player I ran across hog tied me...broke free and shot them, went to go cut free some other player nearby they had hog tied, and, lo and behold the player I had just killed respawned close enough to come back and shoot me...

it got even weirder after that...it'll be nice to pvp in a familiar setting for a while...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    logging in to vivec EU right now...a little later than normal...wanted to check out rdr2 online for a bit...

that was an interesting experience - literally everyone I came across tried to kill me - everyone...

there's a brief tutorial, but, no real clear rules of engagement...

1st player I ran across hog tied me...broke free and shot them, went to go cut free some other player nearby they had hog tied, and, lo and behold the player I had just killed respawned close enough to come back and shoot me...

it got even weirder after that...it'll be nice to pvp in a familiar setting for a while...

Gotta posse up! lol
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with a couple of guilds I am in starting to demand certain set ups and gear checks when they can barely put a group together with players leaving PvP? Every time I get on in the morning no one is running a group.
    Also not everyone wants to be a in bomb group just because crowns are trying to emulate Gooch! lol
    PvP guilds are also about fun, you can have fun and still kick ass.
    You can make suggestions and most will try to comply but making requirements alienates some otherwise good players.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 5, 2018 2:47PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with a couple of guilds I am in starting to demand certain set ups and gear checks when they can barely put a group together with players leaving PvP? Every time I get on in the morning no one is running a group.
    Also not everyone wants to be a in bomb group just because crowns are trying to emulate Gooch! lol
    PvP guilds are also about fun, you can have fun and still kick ass.
    You can make suggestions and most will try to comply but making requirements alienates some otherwise good players.

'demand certain set ups'?

Sheesh
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad I only solo. The people I would run with, I would never ask them to switch their builds/cp/etc unless we all have a common goal in mind like getting emp or something.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sort of get it, they are trying to improve the guilds but I think it is just the way it came across seeing basically the same thing in two guild's messages.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is with a couple of guilds I am in starting to demand certain set ups and gear checks when they can barely put a group together with players leaving PvP?
    Oh it's worse than you think. GM is a genuinely nice guy - like him a lot, but management decisions are sometimes not what I would agree with.

Example: 2 days ago, we picked up some LFGs. One was low level. Low level was kicked 10 minutes later because we wiped, and low level was blamed for VD proc (questionable at best) when the truth was that we were outnumbered 3:1 and the opposition was a solid, well-managed group.

Then came the complaints that we couldn't find players to fill our group. Well, maybe you shouldn't have kicked people then.

I don't get it... If you're not willing to help low level newbies assimilate, make them feel welcome, and help them learn PvP, then don't complain when you can't get enough players in your group. And don't complain when you think population overall is dying. Of course it is - partly because new players aren't made to feel welcome.

On a happier note, I got in a fight last night with a few DC players, all of whom were low levels and with PSN gamertags I didn't recognize. It's nice to see some new players in Vivec. Hope they stick around.
    PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried my Stamina healer for a minute in Cyrodil. It’s terrible. Like, really not that great in PvE, but Terribad in PvP. Taking half of already weak heals is just too much. Trust me. You don’t want one of these to heal your group.

I haven’t been in any kind of group like that. Requiring things. Even the few times I got to roll with Stoney he diddnt ask for anything specific. That’s pretty much the extent of running squad for me though. I do better in the big Zerg. The cat herder don’t really seem to care much. Usually just trying to fill up a group.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    doesn't seem like all that long ago that while sitting at my desk at work I'd be constantly thinking of different eso gear sets and playstyles...

today I spent pretty much the whole day thinking of hogtieing someone and dragging them behind my horse...

don't judge...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the achievement where you had to hogtie an npc an leave them on the train tracks to be run over in the first RDR. lol
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember the achievement where you had to hogtie an npc an leave them on the train tracks to be run over in the first RDR. lol

I just did something similiar last night...one of the sheriff missions...

I'm not sure how many hours i have in on rdr2 now, but, the controls are still kicking my butt...

eso is far from perfect, from a performance standpoint - but, I much prefer (or maybe I'm just very used to) their controls setup...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 6, 2018 4:58PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure how many hours i have in on rdr2 now, but, the controls are still kicking my butt...

eso is far from perfect, from a performance standpoint - but, I much prefer (or maybe I'm just very used to) their controls setup...

Oh I so agree with this. The graphics are stunning, but they over-cooked the controls. You need to use both hands and a foot to be successful in combat on horseback. Somewhat ridiculous (or maybe we're just all old...lmao)

Spend 30 mins last night in RDR online. Got shot in the head. Logged in to ESO... :smile:
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in case you haven't stumbled across this thread and suggestion for game performance enhancement:
    Swomp23 wrote: »
    So, since I started playing pvp about 1 month ago, I've never been able to rush the flags in a defended keep because the game would aways drop to atrocious fps, crash, and send me back to Xbox's home screen. I also had many crashes in medium-sized fights outside of keeps. I have a basic Xbox 1, with the game installed directly on it's hard drive, so it might be the most fragile setup, but this situation has pulled me back from Cyro to a point where I was only playing BGs.

All this until last night, where I could'nt queue in any BG or dungeon, because the damn group finder was bugged again. So I decided to hop in Cyro, to begin to farm my tier 1 reward for the month. Someone in my random group told us that a great way to reduce lag was to type your own name in the search tab of the guild roster. It reduced cpu usage or wathever. I thought this was a load of bs, but I tried it anyway, since it doesn't cost much. Well, believe it or not, after that I was able to rush the flags in 3 heavily defended keeps without too many lag spikes and no crash at all. Well, not too many lag spikes for this game anyway...

I know it's just 1 session and it doesn't mean much, but all 3 pops were locked and there was a lot of people, so it's pretty encouraging for now. Try it yourself and tell us if it helps!

here's the link to the thread:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1

other folks have confirmed it helps...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 7, 2018 9:13PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I so agree with this. The graphics are stunning, but they over-cooked the controls. You need to use both hands and a foot to be successful in combat on horseback. Somewhat ridiculous (or maybe we're just all old...lmao)

Spend 30 mins last night in RDR online. Got shot in the head. Logged in to ESO... :smile:

that had me laughing for a while :)
  • Lokirules
    Lokirules
    ✭✭✭

I’m probably in the minority here but I like how RDR online has done their economy and it is fun to lasso people who have been bugging you and then throw them to alligators.
    Edited by Lokirules on December 8, 2018 1:11AM
    I’m a Farmer so what
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokirules wrote: »

I’m probably in the minority here but I like how RDR online has done their economy and it is fun to lasso people who have been bugging you and then throw them to alligators.

ewwwww, I like that ...I still haven't made it to the alligator place in either story or online mode...

definitely happy they lowered weapon costs, and, raised the monetary rewards for completing missions...kind of bummed they patched the waterfall glitch where all those juicy fish would show up on the rocks...

I learned in eso about "instances"...got in to some weird vendetta stuff with some folks in rdr2 online...as I was tracking them noticed they disappeared from the map...started to notice each "instance/lobby" only has about 15 players or so, and, it's easy and quick to move between different instances...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just a little update from the EU vivec map...

AD is still up by about 3k on the scoreboard, but, I've been really lucky this campaign and normally when I log on there's a great group of folks whom speak out (in different languages at times :) )...

very little trolling, light banter at times...mostly though - it's all about playing the map - thank you r-n-gezzus...

that, and it's real easy to either group up or zerg surf (sometimes the same thing at once?)...it's nice to have even or slightly better numbers heading in to a scrap...

part of the numbers thing, where, at times I can fight more than one other player on my NA toons - i'm just starting to creep up on level 30 with each over on the EU server...

if I time my ults and potions just right - I can kind of hold off a couple of 810 for a bit...I really need to visit the shrine of stendarr and respec everyone...

I've started settling in on their armor weights...I'm moving away from being in all heavy (once I hit level 50 - I'll probably need to go back to it again though)...

across the classes you unlock some real useful skills around level 30...

right now my 3 magicka toons (magplar, magblade, mag sorc) all carry a resto staff...my 2 stamina guys (stam dk, stamwarden) - I'm working on trying to buff their vigor, it's a challenge, as a HoT, you almost have to spam it during sieges...

I always choose resolving...

my crit resistance is still really low across the board...my physical/spell resistances are mostly all below 20k...

my crit damage percentage is no higher than 20% on anyone...either spell or weapon damage around 2k...

what is decent though - each have a health at 30k and above...either a stamina or magicka pool of 30k with a 2k recovery in one or the other resource pool...

I can fight with all that...figure out how to support your allies, help debuff and aoe the heck out of them, and learn how to keep you're your character alive as long as possible :p

it's gonna be awhile before I start working on being able to fight against better built characters one on one and expect to win...it helps if there are allies out on the map that you can work with...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 10, 2018 8:16AM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just made it to CP20 on EU. lmao