The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Snipe

• ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    ShadowProc wrote: »
    templesus wrote: »
    YES! FINALLY SOMEONE MADE A POST ABOUT IT! I’ve wanted to so bad it because of all the soft people on these forums I have one more warning before i get permabanned.

+1000 I cannot stress this enough how bad this skill is for the 1vX community. Ask any 1vXer what skill they’d want removed from the game EVERY SINGLE ONE will say snipe. I don’t understand why it’s still in the game, Snipe+Cloak is literally the LEAST skill based gameplay I’ve ever seen in PvP in any game.

Anyone who defends snipe should not be viewed as a good pvper. Period.

Lmao. U sound rediculious. Are you really arguing the game should be balanced around 1vx? U can’t be serious. It should be balanced around 1v1. If you die to a sniper 1 v 1 then u know what u need to do.

L

P

Period.

Read my argument. Snipe isn’t an issue 1v1. Just like many other controversial abilities like steel tornado, sub assault, or speed before nerfmire. But this game isn’t balanced around 1v1 it’s balanced around open world/BG’s. And that’s where snipe is the issue. In group play

I would read ur argument if u actually made one. Instead I just read some rubbish about “ask all 1 v xver’s.... blah blah”.

Now you just sound worse. If it’s balanced around open world then snipe is fine. Hits hard with plenty of counters. Just like nosy hard hitting abilities. U at least had an opinion with the first comment u made saying it made a particular play style harder, albeit a wrong one. And no not all 1vxers would agree with u. I don’t at all.

What are u 1vxing in open field? Lmao.

L

P

Period.

I guess you didn’t read the main topic of the thread lmao. Not to mention not once did I say anything about 1vX but I guess you just assumed I was speaking of 1vXing due to my arguments. Sorry not all of us get carried by a zerg and we actually want to be good. But anyways. Obviously it’s best to small group vX in good strong pin points. But in situations such as Bg’s where maps are constructed very poorly. Snipe spammers thrive when groups are fighting and they just sit at a certain point and spam spam spam. The map construction for Bg’s Are atrocious and there really aren’t many good pin points like in cyro where you can even X. But then again it’s small scale and you don’t really X in BG’s. I think you understand my point for Bg’s. I will admit that sniping isn’t an issue when doing things such as tower farming. But that’s a small example over all other parts of cyro.
    I will end my reply with this,
    How about you snipe builds L2P something that isn’t a complete carry

Oh my bad. You responded to me laughing at the other guys post that stated game should be balanced around 1vx.

After rereading why exactly did u respond to me? Lol. As pointless as ur thread.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »
    Sharee wrote: »
    Loaded question. The answer is - because snipe is not broken. Not talking about health desyncs and such of course, that's a server code problem not an ability problem.
    My point is you are always overlooking the actual context and look at the ability in a vacuum. Like, snipe is a long range, spammable ability, that does more damage than some ultimates AND applies major defile. Try looking past zerg vs zerg and 1v1 for a second here. Imagine two teams fighting in BG. Team 2 has a sniper that stands on a ledge and spams snipe on one player literally non stop, every second. That player is going to be permanently defiled, and forced to hold block, spam cleanse or spam dodge to be able to survive. If he has any pressure from another enemy and no chance to find cover, he is screwed. Magicka classes that get permasnared and rooted are 100% doomed by a snipe spammer focussing them. I have seen complete groups fail, because there is some braindead sniper spamming snipe on their healer. Meanwhile the snipespammer comfortably sits at safe range and has a MAJOR role in the outcome of the fight, with absolutely zero effort.

How is this in anyway balanced? Like for real man. Spammable defile at range with a ton of damage. This ability is beyond broken outside of a 1v1.

Why is your healer staying in LOS of the sniper? If the sniper is not reachable on a ledge, he is also unable to follow.
    Why isn't your own sniper putting pressure on the enemy sniper to push him into defensive? Etc. etc.

"It hurts me at long range" does not equal to broken. Sorry.
    Mate, it's not like you always see the sniper coming, do you? If you stay in he open you are a fool, because you will get ranged down by anyone, not just snipers. But in some matches you don't have a choice. Like chaosball where you have to kill the ball carrier and there is an enemy sniper on the spawn ledge, or the map called the quarry which is really open.

If there is a sniper on the spawn ledge, use ranged attacks to kill him/make him retreat. Use your own ranged attacks to focus down the ball carrier from beyond the sniper's range.

Bu let me guess. Dual axes/2H/DBOS/spintowin meta. No ranged attacks on your own team worth mentioning. And when you run into a scenario that punishes pure melee team setups, instead of adjusting you come on the forum and demand ranged attacks be nerfed. How typical.

Why do you think ZOS put all those ledges in the battlegrounds?
    I have no problems with other ranged attacks or ranged playstyles. Just snipe. And I have explained to you why. But I suppose you think it is fine to have 100% uptime on defile and hit people with 6k+ attacks each second from range. There is no other ability like it. The only thing that comes close is dark flare.

Also, LOL at suggesting to run a snipe spammer yourself. A player with even an ounce of skill can accomplish a lot more with a real build. Snipe spamming just carries the bads and allows them to get kills in xv1. They are always the ones who get the kill on people who are already in trouble, making it impossible for them to recover. Which is way too much influence for this easymode playstyle. In any fair fight or 1v1 they get absolutely destroyed.

I shall tell you a little secret, there are no fair fights in PvP
    The_Lex wrote: »
    I've been thinking about rolling a bow Warden, just as some thing new. I usually play tanky, in-your-face, brawler types, so I thought this could be an interesting break. Here's my question:

Is everyone's problem with Snipe itself, or Snipe with cloak?

I ask because, as a Warden, I was planning on a straight up archer using a burst combo of Snipe, Shalks, and PI. I really want avoid being labeled as "trash." Lol

Players who can't handle something killing them usually try two approachs. One, they try to make the devs nerf whatever is killing them, and two, if it doesnt work they try to guilt the other players into feeling bad for using it.

Don't let them. Bow is a legitimate weapon. Anyone who tries to label you "trash" for using it does so because he is trash himself, unable to handle what is a natural part of PvP.

Well said,

And playing a sniper is more then spamming 1 button, actualy i need both of my skill bars offence and defense, if you have problems with snipers adept or keep crying and begging for nerfs.

Obvi.

And that one button spam accusation is worth a laugh. (Who's crying about blockcaster breath of lifers?) (Still?)

-to get gaudy numbers as a Sniper you sacrifice a lot of defense, at least directly or speaking of ones stats. Against weaker opponents you get thogards video, which is entertaining. He's admittedly no stamblade main and in that video is likely fighting a lower mmr tier of players. Take any good build and half your skill against inexperienced or poor players and this is the result. Consider the source*.

In reality I look forward to encountering enemy snipers because I know once I find em I can land a licking, and win. Against a more balanced build, or against any organized group, snipe sucks because channeled attacks typically suck, doesn't matter if it's melee or ranged, the time to react ought to be there. When it is you have counterplay.

Another point lost:

In an AvAvA game, outside of a duel even if you're ranged you're not always safe. Sorry. I call l2p; good players Dodge a snipe, and speed into the attacker, while elites pop a pot and end the fight. That's just how it is. The poorer players fall.

*For the record I find it amusing when literal buy to win players (players only successful when they have bought the class) somehow find moral ground to make fun of someone else when they're capable of the same damage numbers except AoE and with no limit and tend to play a mode which encourages not sniping but aoe ult dumping.

Lol
    I haven’t played stamden as a main in about 6 months. I’m on a mag sorc this patch and was on stamplar last patch.

But who are you in game? I’d like to know who’s throwing this shade.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »

And there are reasons that essentially no Magicka builds actually run Radiant Magelight in Battlegrounds. Imagine if DK Wings only reflected snipes, and not anything else at all - how many of them do you think would slot it with any frequency?

Nobody should be doing 10k single shot damage through 24.5k Resistances and Minor Protection. Period. I don't care what sacrifices are made, that damage number is simply too extreme when compared to current HP levels and other class/weapon abilities.

Magelight adds critical rating too, pasively.
    It's usefull skill to have sloted even if you can't afford to use it.

I run 28k HP StamDK in BGs with wings AND Evil hunter that costs whooping 5292 stamina to reveal stealthed Stamblades and Magblades and it's passives don't benefit me.
    But that's what's needed in many matches so that's what I'm doing.
    AND I have no problems killing anyone really, my usual score is 10-20 kills 0-4 deaths.

The snipers aren't doing well in my games, I can tell you that.

It's weird to me that you consider 10k snipe "simply too extreme", a build that turns a stamblade into a one trick pony with the super boring play style but you are ok with 7k Surprise attacks, insta cheap spamable that also stuns you from stealth, applies major fracture AND activates shadow ward (major resolve and major ward) AND it's just a perfect fit in any melee Stamblade build without sacrificing anything.

No mater how many times we discuss snipe, it always comes down to L2P issue.
    I'm sorry but this is a fact.
    Many just can't or are not willing to learn and adapt to ever changing PVP dynamics.

The snipe spamming zerglings saying L2P are the same people who cry about 1vXers being able to take on multiple people. LEaRn tO nOt GeT XeD oN.

This is to clarify for anyone who uses snipe: you are not, and will not, be viewed as anything more then below average. The ability takes too little skill to use and the gameplay commonly associated with it employs hide and seek tactics which are frowned upon. By all means “play how you wanna play” but don’t be upset when you’re insulted for it as it’s GOING to happen.

If ONE person who uses/is defending snipe posts a clip of them PvPing and any one of us asking for it to be nerfed deems you as a DECENT PvPer I will retract everything I’ve said about people with snipe slotted and resign with an L.

ONE PLAYER. ONE. And I’ll admit I was wrong about people who use snipe.
    Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And there are reasons that essentially no Magicka builds actually run Radiant Magelight in Battlegrounds. Imagine if DK Wings only reflected snipes, and not anything else at all - how many of them do you think would slot it with any frequency?

Nobody should be doing 10k single shot damage through 24.5k Resistances and Minor Protection. Period. I don't care what sacrifices are made, that damage number is simply too extreme when compared to current HP levels and other class/weapon abilities.

I run 28k HP StamDK in BGs with wings AND Evil hunter that costs whooping 5292 stamina to reveal stealthed Stamblades and Magblades and it's passives don't benefit me.
    AND I have no problems killing anyone really, my usual score is 10-20 kills 0-4 deaths.

It's weird to me that you consider 10k snipe "simply too extreme", a build that turns a stamblade into a one trick pony with the super boring play style but you are ok with 7k Surprise attacks, insta cheap spamable that also stuns you from stealth, applies major fracture AND activates shadow ward (major resolve and major ward) AND it's just a perfect fit in any melee Stamblade build without sacrificing anything.

Many just can't or are not willing to learn and adapt to ever changing PVP dynamics.

The snipe spamming zerglings saying L2P are the same people who cry about 1vXers being able to take on multiple people. LEaRn tO nOt GeT XeD oN.

This is to clarify for anyone who uses snipe: you are not, and will not, be viewed as anything more then below average. The ability takes too little skill to use and the gameplay commonly associated with it employs hide and seek tactics which are frowned upon. By all means “play how you wanna play” but don’t be upset when you’re insulted for it as it’s GOING to happen.

If ONE person who uses/is defending snipe posts a clip of them PvPing and any one of us asking for it to be nerfed deems you as a DECENT PvPer I will retract everything I’ve said about people with snipe slotted and resign with an L.

Well, Alcast is quite skilled, and he has a highly effective snipe build, although I dont think its his main toon :P
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well, Alcast is quite skilled, and he has a highly effective snipe build, although I dont think its his main toon :P

Lmao, Alcast is only good pve wise he’s horrible PvP wise. Needs to stick to pve
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loaded question. The answer is - because snipe is not broken. Not talking about health desyncs and such of course, that's a server code problem not an ability problem.
    My point is you are always overlooking the actual context and look at the ability in a vacuum. Like, snipe is a long range, spammable ability, that does more damage than some ultimates AND applies major defile. Try looking past zerg vs zerg and 1v1 for a second here. Imagine two teams fighting in BG. Team 2 has a sniper that stands on a ledge and spams snipe on one player literally non stop, every second. That player is going to be permanently defiled, and forced to hold block, spam cleanse or spam dodge to be able to survive. If he has any pressure from another enemy and no chance to find cover, he is screwed. Magicka classes that get permasnared and rooted are 100% doomed by a snipe spammer focussing them. I have seen complete groups fail, because there is some braindead sniper spamming snipe on their healer. Meanwhile the snipespammer comfortably sits at safe range and has a MAJOR role in the outcome of the fight, with absolutely zero effort.

How is this in anyway balanced? Like for real man. Spammable defile at range with a ton of damage. This ability is beyond broken outside of a 1v1.

Why is your healer staying in LOS of the sniper? If the sniper is not reachable on a ledge, he is also unable to follow.
    Why isn't your own sniper putting pressure on the enemy sniper to push him into defensive? Etc. etc.

Mate, it's not like you always see the sniper coming, do you? If you stay in he open you are a fool, because you will get ranged down by anyone, not just snipers. But in some matches you don't have a choice. Like chaosball where you have to kill the ball carrier and there is an enemy sniper on the spawn ledge, or the map called the quarry which is really open.

If there is a sniper on the spawn ledge, use ranged attacks to kill him/make him retreat. Use your own ranged attacks to focus down the ball carrier from beyond the sniper's range.

Bu let me guess. Dual axes/2H/DBOS/spintowin meta. No ranged attacks on your own team worth mentioning. And when you run into a scenario that punishes pure melee team setups, instead of adjusting you come on the forum and demand ranged attacks be nerfed. How typical.

I have no problems with other ranged attacks or ranged playstyles. Just snipe. And I have explained to you why. But I suppose you think it is fine to have 100% uptime on defile and hit people with 6k+ attacks each second from range. There is no other ability like it. The only thing that comes close is dark flare.

Also, LOL at suggesting to run a snipe spammer yourself. A player with even an ounce of skill can accomplish a lot more with a real build. Snipe spamming just carries the bads and allows them to get kills in xv1. They are always the ones who get the kill on people who are already in trouble, making it impossible for them to recover. Which is way too much influence for this easymode playstyle. In any fair fight or 1v1 they get absolutely destroyed.

I've been thinking about rolling a bow Warden, just as some thing new. I usually play tanky, in-your-face, brawler types, so I thought this could be an interesting break. Here's my question:

I ask because, as a Warden, I was planning on a straight up archer using a burst combo of Snipe, Shalks, and PI. I really want avoid being labeled as "trash." Lol

Players who can't handle something killing them usually try two approachs. One, they try to make the devs nerf whatever is killing them, and two, if it doesnt work they try to guilt the other players into feeling bad for using it.

Don't let them. Bow is a legitimate weapon. Anyone who tries to label you "trash" for using it does so because he is trash himself, unable to handle what is a natural part of PvP.

Well said,

And playing a sniper is more then spamming 1 button, actualy i need both of my skill bars offence and defense, if you have problems with snipers adept or keep crying and begging for nerfs.

Obvi.

And that one button spam accusation is worth a laugh. (Who's crying about blockcaster breath of lifers?) (Still?)

-to get gaudy numbers as a Sniper you sacrifice a lot of defense, at least directly or speaking of ones stats. Against weaker opponents you get thogards video, which is entertaining. He's admittedly no stamblade main and in that video is likely fighting a lower mmr tier of players. Take any good build and half your skill against inexperienced or poor players and this is the result. Consider the source*.

In reality I look forward to encountering enemy snipers because I know once I find em I can land a licking, and win. Against a more balanced build, or against any organized group, snipe sucks because channeled attacks typically suck, doesn't matter if it's melee or ranged, the time to react ought to be there. When it is you have counterplay.

Another point lost:

In an AvAvA game, outside of a duel even if you're ranged you're not always safe. Sorry. I call l2p; good players Dodge a snipe, and speed into the attacker, while elites pop a pot and end the fight. That's just how it is. The poorer players fall.

*For the record I find it amusing when literal buy to win players (players only successful when they have bought the class) somehow find moral ground to make fun of someone else when they're capable of the same damage numbers except AoE and with no limit and tend to play a mode which encourages not sniping but aoe ult dumping.

Lol

“Buy to win players” yea that clearly proves that your arguments are a load of crap because of the stupidest “hurrrr durrr r buy to win” because stamblade isn’t stronger than a Warden. Not worth arguing with such zergling ignorance
    Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol this man just referenced an Alcast PvP build. Next.
    Edited by templesus on November 24, 2018 3:01PM
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

Well said,

Obvi.

Another point lost:

Lol

“Buy to win players” yea that clearly proves that your arguments are a load of crap because of the stupidest “hurrrr durrr r buy to win” because stamblade isn’t stronger than a Warden. Not worth arguing with such zergling ignorance

I simply said wardens are capable of similar burst as nbs, but the burst is all aoe as a matter of course. And that you have to buy it. Which is also true.

Edited by Metemsycosis on November 24, 2018 3:14PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well said,

Obvi.

Another point lost:

Lol

I simply said wardens are capable of similar burst as nbs, but the burst is all aoe as a matter of course. And that you have to buy it. Which is also true.

You don’t automatically just win from buying it or just become unstoppable, it actually takes far more skill than snipe spamming.
    Also.... major evasion the 25% AOE mitigation does wonders......

This thread is talking about snipe spamming which requires a single button and just spamming taking no skill. But of course this thread has attracted zerglings who say stuff as absurd as “hurrr durrr u all play p2w stamdens” ok. Forgot there’s 4 other classes and multiple different play styles from those classes but no continue to call everyone who doesn’t like snipe spam a spin to win stamden.
    And for those snipe spammer defenders. I’m not speaking of anyone who use bow. If they read the thread title I’m speaking of snipe spammers and snipe. I don’t care if you’re only using poison inject and acid spray since it’s not what I’m talking about.

It’s so funny listening to all these people defend snipe just assume everyone’s a spin to win stamden. I guess there’s only 2 classes/playstyles according to these Kids logic.

Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't heard much of an argument from you about "snipe" except snipers are bad players.

Let's review the counterplay (that is only possible when the game is functioning properly, mind you).

just Dodge once. Whoa. This should buy the time to know where it's coming from

Sprint like a bee toward the enemy and or gap close and wreck the bad player.

Can't gap close? Find LoS. Wait for them to fire at someone else or if you're alone you'll have to bait them out. Once you have an idea of where they are you can get in with detect pots. Or speed.

Or use your own invisibility pot to end the attack.

Could slot radiant magelight in cyrodiil but it's not worth it just to protect yourself between keeps I guess.

You have any of these skills? Total dark, reflective wings, shimmering, cloak, ball of lightning, purge, block, or mistform? They all counter snipe.

In the bgs sniping is single target but it's usually 4v4v4 which makes all single target less effective unless they're stacking with groupmates.

So get in your group too, enjoy the Templar house and all its hospitality. Get behind a dk flapping wings.

None of these options are viable? You wanna 1vx ? I am so sorry that's no easy task.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 24, 2018 4:09PM

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    BTW I don't have a problem with any one class or mechanic because instead of crying for nerfs I l2p. You might do the same.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 24, 2018 3:55PM

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is to clarify for anyone who uses snipe: you are not, and will not, be viewed as anything more then below average. The ability takes too little skill to use and the gameplay commonly associated with it employs hide and seek tactics which are frowned upon.

Gee. Didn't see that one coming.
    ...if it doesnt work they try to guilt the other players into feeling bad for using it.

Playing an archer successfully takes as much skill as playing anything else. Arguably even more skill, since the weapon is undoubtedly weaker than competition - no bleeds to carry you, and unless you are firing from a keep wall, range is just an illusion.
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still haven't heard much of an argument from you about "snipe" except snipers are bad players.

Let's review the counterplay (that is only possible when the game is functioning properly, mind you).

just Dodge once. Whoa. This should buy the time to know where it's coming from

Sprint like a bee toward the enemy and or gap close and wreck the bad player.

Can't gap close? Find LoS. Wait for them to fire at someone else or if you're alone you'll have to bait them out. Once you have an idea of where they are you can get in with detect pots. Or speed.

Or use your own invisibility pot to end the attack.

Could slot radiant magelight in cyrodiil but it's not worth it just to protect yourself between keeps I guess.

You have any of these skills? Total dark, reflective wings, shimmering, cloak, ball of lightning, purge, block, or mistform? They all counter snipe.

In the bgs sniping is single target but it's usually 4v4v4 which makes all single target less effective unless they're stacking with groupmates.

So get in your group too, enjoy the Templar house and all its hospitality. Get behind a dk flapping wings.

None of these options are viable? You wanna 1vx ? I am so sorry that's no easy task.

Haven’t heard an argument of snipe being bad players? I guess you haven’t read the thread then
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is to clarify for anyone who uses snipe: you are not, and will not, be viewed as anything more then below average. The ability takes too little skill to use and the gameplay commonly associated with it employs hide and seek tactics which are frowned upon.

...if it doesnt work they try to guilt the other players into feeling bad for using it.

Playing an archer successfully takes as much skill as playing anything else. Arguably even more skill, since the weapon is undoubtedly weaker than competition - no bleeds to carry you, and unless you are firing from a keep wall, range is just an illusion.

When you say archer. What does your rotation consist of? I can understand if you’re using things like acid spray or poison inject/venom Arrow or whatever. But if it just consist of snipe.. that’s not an archer and that takes no skill. No it doesn’t take more skill. Major defile cloak spam from nightblades. Even snipe spamming on a stamDK takes no skill. You’re snipe spamming as the thread says. I said nothing about using other abilities like poison inject acid spray or whatever. Personally have no opinion On scattershot since I haven’t even seen anyone use it. Only archers I’ve ever seen are snipe spammers. Unless you just want to call snipe spammers archers to sound fancy lol.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your argument consists of: hits too hard from 40+ meters because I wanna 1vx and can't.

:'(
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 24, 2018 4:19PM

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you say archer. What does your rotation consist of? I can understand if you’re using things like acid spray or poison inject/venom Arrow or whatever. But if it just consist of snipe.. that’s not an archer and that takes no skill. No it doesn’t take more skill. Major defile cloak spam from nightblades. Even snipe spamming on a stamDK takes no skill. You’re snipe spamming as the thread says. I said nothing about using other abilities like poison inject acid spray or whatever. Personally have no opinion On scattershot since I haven’t even seen anyone use it. Only archers I’ve ever seen are snipe spammers. Unless you just want to call snipe spammers archers to sound fancy lol.

Of course it does not consist just of snipe. Any target not on the level of a target dummy will roll dodge (or reflect, or otherwise counter) every snipe after the first. Which makes me wonder about the situational awareness of the people complaining about snipe spam...
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Of course it does not consist just of snipe. Any target not on the level of a target dummy will roll dodge (or reflect, or otherwise counter) every snipe after the first. Which makes me wonder about the situational awareness of the people complaining about snipe spam...

I’ve already explain your situation awareness argument and I’m honestly tired of saying the same thing over and over while you just say the same argument but reward it. Read the main paragraph of the thread please
    Options
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your argument consists of: hits too hard from 40+ meters because I wanna 1vx and can't.

Did I say anything about 1vX’ing in the main argument? I don’t think so. Others speak about 1vX and you snipe spammers just assume I speak of 1vX. But in reality I clearly stated also Bg’s And you don’t really 1vX in Bg’s Unless I’m mistaken. But go ahead continue to call everyone who thinks snipe spamming takes no skill (which it doesn’t) 1vXer’s and spin to win stamdens. Totally makes you look good on your part. As if it’s already bad enough you’re defending snipe spamming
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah you did:

"But when I’m figjting say 2 or 3 people. It’s unlikely I’m going to hear said snipe spammer, and I’m not just going to dodge all snipes while still fighting the other 2-3 people since they’re likely spamming cc’s and roots"

-- @frostz417

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Did I say anything about 1vX’ing in the main argument? I don’t think so. Others speak about 1vX and you snipe spammers just assume I speak of 1vX. But in reality I clearly stated also Bg’s And you don’t really 1vX in Bg’s Unless I’m mistaken. But go ahead continue to call everyone who thinks snipe spamming takes no skill (which it doesn’t) 1vXer’s and spin to win stamdens. Totally makes you look good on your part. As if it’s already bad enough you’re defending snipe spamming

You know, this vitriol undercuts the strength of your arguments and incentivizes ZOS to ignore you as a salty player. I'm not saying you are, but ad hominem attacks and straw man arguments (assuming everyone who disagrees with you is a "snipe spammer") weakens your position.
    Edited by The_Lex on November 24, 2018 4:47PM
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I’ve already explain your situation awareness argument and I’m honestly tired of saying the same thing over and over while you just say the same argument but reward it. Read the main paragraph of the thread please

No, you did not.

You said you may not hear the snipe coming. Fine, it happens.
    But you complain about snipe spam. A single snipe is not spam.

If the second snipe hits you, you have no excuse of not hearing it coming, because you(hopefully) noticed the first hitting, so you know theres a sniper, and should have countered the follow-up snipes. So theres no way someone is going to spam snipes on you unless you didn't notice the feathered shaft sticking out of your backside, and that would be some serious lack of situational awareness.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frags and flares can be hard casted from the back of a group to devastating effect as well. Trying to figure out why you are singling out snipe over these couple others.

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags and flares can be hard casted from the back of a group to devastating effect as well. Trying to figure out why you are singling out snipe over these couple others.

Because I can snipe someone for 14k in no cp.

If I did a pure dmg build on a magplar there’s no way I’d hit someone for 14k.

PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • templesus
    templesus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How many people do you see dark flare spamming and frag is spamming? And how many do you see snipe spamming? I’d say it’s roughly a 5-1 ratio of snipe to other projectiles.

And Snipe+Cloak is twice as bad as just pure snipe spam.

In regards by to everyone saying dodge roll....I just can’t. You can’t actively dodge roll every snipe while also fighting the people right on top of you. Furthermore, usually in a 1vX it is multiple people sniping you. With the changes to dodge roll projectiles it is virtually impossible to dodge roll all snipes from two different people due to game mechanics. A third sniper and it is literally impossible. That playstyle of roll spam hasn’t existed since 1.6 pre-dodgeroll nerf, stop using that as your basis for argument.

I still haven’t seen a single credible, backable argument in defense of snipe. I’m a pre-law major and the things being brought up in defense of it are trivial and easily disproven.
    Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [nvm]
    Edited by Sharee on November 24, 2018 5:25PM
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Even if true, which you haven't demonstrated, you're so sure that's related to snipe as opposed to how weapon damage scales vs spell damage?

Or rather tied to both race and class?
    Stealth and crit mods
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 24, 2018 5:28PM

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well said,

Obvi.

Another point lost:

Lol

I find it more amusing that you think a AOE ult dump does equal damage than a ranged no counterplay snipe dump.
    Options
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well snipe alone doesn't exactly clear a flag does it? This is what I meant by snipe's limited effectiveness relative to other forms of burst. Distance is a protection and a counter to powerful melee specs though. There are direct situations in which one build would have an upper hand on the other. But distance is also a restriction unless you want to lose the bow passives that increase damage.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on November 24, 2018 6:40PM

sanguinare vampiris

Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol this man just referenced an Alcast PvP build. Next.

you can lol as much as you want at @Alcast but fact is most of these very effective snipe builds come directly from him. You cant first complain about 10k+ snipes (and if you use his asylum bow with snipe and spray the snipe easily pass 15k) and then ridicule the theorycrafting behind it. I dont know anything about alcast as a pvp player, although I suspect he is probably above your league, it doesnt matter, what matters is a lot of players follow his suggestions and make solid builds out of it. Instead you should try to see how he mini-maxes gear and builds to create a situation where an eg. snipe builds overperforms most likely in relation to what was the developers idea when crafting the skills and the combination of them and gear.
    I learn a lot from the ones bothering to go through the flames of jealousy and create their ideas and comments to classes. Often it gives me a different perspective to what at first seemed like a static situation. If you got offended I mentioned Alcast, Ill toss in Thogard instead if tht makes you happier. I believe he does a "toxic tuesday" every now and then, and im pretty sure he can adequately explain what is wrong about snipe and showcase it too :P

Eg. on the topic; I had a funny discussion about my magplars build a while ago, where this guy frowned upon the likes of alcast. He is from one of the guilds considered best in a guild vs guild setting. He spent a lot of time telling me the day before what a jerk alcast is, and that he doesnt know *** about pvp. Well the following day, I copy pasted alcasts build into the chat we had, and he praised me a lot for the understanding I had of the game, and even asked me for some of my opinion. I again copypasted from an alcast guide, and got a lot of happiness back. Same with Blobs, I used his bombblade build with a lot of success, and was asked what gear and abilities I used, when later I revealed it was indeed a blobs build suddenly the whole thing changed and I was told how *** it was :P
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on November 24, 2018 6:56PM
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Even if true, which you haven't demonstrated, you're so sure that's related to snipe as opposed to how weapon damage scales vs spell damage?

Or rather tied to both race and class?
    Stealth and crit mods
    You think he's making up the numbers?

Here are two screenshots, each from a different player (one of whom was *maybe* CP 350'ish, meaning that he's probably not some super duper experienced PvP player), hitting me with snipes while I'm running ~24.5k resists and Minor Protection:
    1q9mQgx.jpg
    xf34lyD.jpg

And here's another screenshot from when I didn't have quite as much defense built in:
    6nmr9KF.jpg

Any "glass cannon" offensive build can most definitely be popped for ~14k by a single snipe. They most certainly won't be getting hit for 14k by Crystal Fragments or Dark Flares, though.

I see Crystal Fragments for < 5k all the time (often around 3 to 3.5k), and getting hit by Dark Flares is pretty rare. Not all that many Templars in PC-NA Battlegrounds even use the skill, and if they do it's much easier to avoid than Snipe is. When's the last time you didn't hear the Dark Flare noise until after you were hit at least once? Dark Flare is loud, obvious, and gives the sound when first cast...I often don't get any indication that a Snipe is on the way until after the first auto-crit from stealth has already landed, and if I'm already in a fight with someone else it's probably too late.
    Options