The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Snipe

• Fordguy0487
    Fordguy0487
    Soul Shriven
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's annoying with snipe, right. But there are a load of other annoying abilities too. We can't get them all out of the game.
    I really don't die too often from snipe. When I do, it's this "Ouhh..." (dropping dead to the ground"), and you go like "Wtf was that?" - check the death recap, and see 4 Lethal Arrow and one Poison injection on your death recap. No sound, no nothing - just dead. That's a glitch in the game, not something wrong with the skill if it worked they way it should.

And once and for all: There's a huge difference between a dedicated SNIPER, and a "snipe stacker". A snipe stacker is a sad low skill dude, standing on walls or behind a zerg in the open, just blindly spamming snipe into another zerg. It's realistic, and I guess it has a place in medieval themed PVP, but it's still pretty shameful; and yes - annoying.
    Then we have real BOW BUILDS, people who have their whole loadout speced for buffing/debuffing for sniping other players. I have such a build, and I don't want to be batched together with someone backbar'ing a bow + snipe for zerg clashes. I usually go solo with that one, and defend some position. Breaking a whole small siege (5-10 enemies) with a little bit of chill and chutzpah, is not that easy - but it sure is fun trying. That's a SNIPER, not a "snipe stacker".
    I think the typical desynch death is pretty rare in that kind of sniping, it typically appears when there's a lot of players in the same place I think.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    If I’m not mistaken. Zos has made it crystal clear they no longer want hard hitting abilities stunning. So how come stealth/snipe stuns? And it’s never been addressed.
    How come this one ability that’s 40+ meters has the same damage output as dizzy swing and also has major defile or minor fracture. Let’s not forget how people can literally just sit in the back of groups and spam away at one button.

Now before some triggered garbage snipe spamming zerglings try to counter argue. Allow me to shut your arguments down before hand.
    “It’s easily able to be heard and it has a cast time, and it’s easy to dodge l2p”

Yes it does. Maybe if I’m alone riding alone and I hear the snipes and it’s a 1v1 situation. If I don’t get health desync which rarely happens. But when I’m figjting say 2 or 3 people. It’s unlikely I’m going to hear said snipe spammer, and I’m not just going to dodge all snipes while still fighting the other 2-3 people since they’re likely spamming cc’s and roots. So no the “it’s easy to hear” excuses doesn’t work. Unless of course it’s just a 1v1 and please. Tell me how many times you get into a 1v1 with a sniper because the second you see said sniper he’s just going to perma cloak away and pooof gone. So no. It’s not as simple as “jUsT d0DgE iT”

Don’t even get me started on health desync. I love when I’m riding alone in cyro or fighting people when my health just suddenly drops from 100% to 0% health as 5 snipes all register at once.
    A few times I get lucky and only 2-3 register but I get perma stunned from them since of course stealth snipe stuns and God knows who zos hasn’t fixed that since they once again clearly stated they don’t want hard hittin abilities to stun.
    Not to mention this particular bug has never been fixed.
    Zos has never even touched snipe each patch unlike literally every other skill they nerf without any hesistation. I’m beginnign to think these incompetent developers just want PvP to consist of snipe spamming trash.

It’s absolutely stupid how a hard hitting ability can just be spammed from 40+ meters away, adds and the guy spamming them can just cloak away and hide only to spam away again. Literally takes no skill. If they removed this trash PvP would be a lot better. Along with the bugs that come with this stupid skill. If there’s anything I missed? Please do tell.

I agree, snipe needs to be changed. It's bieng combined with imbue weapon too and its too over powered. especially as stamblades can just cloak immediately after.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Kinda funny to see the repeated argument of "ooh but I sacrifice defense in order to do that damage!". Let me tell you, this is not even relevant when you can sit in the back of your zerg spamming snipe and deleting people like its nothing with 8k snipes. Oh, people are coming close? Cloak and run. I know what I am talking about because years ago, I used to be a snipe user. I would repeatedly kill people without them ever having the chance to do anything back. When you actually have played other playstyles, only then you will realize how broken easy it is to get kills with it.

Don't you ever wonder why every new player in this game that wants to use a bow, ends up spamming snipe? Its simple:
    1. Its easy
    2. It hits like a truck
    3. It is mostly risk free

End of story.

Unless you are standing next to the wayshrine, there is no such thing as risk-free in cyrodiil.
    Sharee wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Kinda funny to see the repeated argument of "ooh but I sacrifice defense in order to do that damage!". Let me tell you, this is not even relevant when you can sit in the back of your zerg spamming snipe and deleting people like its nothing with 8k snipes. Oh, people are coming close? Cloak and run. I know what I am talking about because years ago, I used to be a snipe user. I would repeatedly kill people without them ever having the chance to do anything back. When you actually have played other playstyles, only then you will realize how broken easy it is to get kills with it.

Don't you ever wonder why every new player in this game that wants to use a bow, ends up spamming snipe? Its simple:
    1. Its easy
    2. It hits like a truck
    3. It is mostly risk free

End of story.

Unless you are standing next to the wayshrine, there is no such thing as risk-free in cyrodiil.
    False
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh
    I showed 3 snipes not registering damage, then the lock out, then popping 100 to 0 health and all snipes hiting at once. That's not the health desync. The first 4 show thur desync

You showed technical issue/bug.
    That's isn't PVP balance problem, at all.
    If snipe was removed from game today, tomorrow you'll be here showing videos of Stamblade melee burst combos "insta killing you" with no time to react.

I showed 3 snipes not registering damage, then the lock out, then popping 100 to 0 health and all snipes hiting at once. That's not the health desync. The first 4 show thur desync

You showed technical issue/bug.
    That's isn't PVP balance problem, at all.
    If snipe was removed from game today, tomorrow you'll be here showing videos of Stamblade melee burst combos "insta killing you" with no time to react.

Dude out here literally carrying a goal post on his back to move it.