The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

"Jurassorc Park" || Dalek-Rok MagSorc PvP Build Explanation

Alpheu5
Alpheu5
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I did a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg_n5lp6oDk
Gear - 0:30
Skills - 4:41
CP - 10:14
Final Points - 13:18
Showcase - 17:10

Finally going over this thing. A lot of what I say in the first part is probably "duh" stuff for anybody that's been playing for a while, so here's the raw data if you just want to see the overview:

Typical combat buffs - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=99071

Maxed out buffs (Lich, CA, Well) - https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=99074

Some things I forgot to mention:

- The lightning staff AoE passive boosts the damage of Tomb and the splash damage of Curse, but not the fire breath of the Daedroth (not sure if this is a bug since fire staves increase the damage of the single target attacks).

- The Persistence Sorc passive makes block-casting heals about 15% more cost-effective.

- The Resilient passive from the Steed tree acts as a sort of soft crit resist since it gives minor heals when hit with any crit attack, there's no cooldown, and the heal itself can crit.

- Spamming the Clannfear ability in an effort heal as soon as it's summoned can lead to accidentally unsummoning it in the process. Only cast the heal once the Clannfear's purple aura appears.

============================

Really useful addons for pet users:

Pet Dismiss - Allows you to set a hotkey to forcefully unsummon pets instead of scrolling through the character sheet.

Pet Dead Alert - Gives you a nearly unmissable notification when your pet dies so you don't only realize it when it's too late.

============================

Music:

"Hydrangea" - Crinkles
"Night Vision" - Simon Lomax
Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What a weird-ass thing you did!

Love that you've found a way to make a non-shield sorc work. Amazed that you've done it with so little resists and crit resists.

Those surge heals are tasty.. Argonian master race! I do have an Argonian sorc that I keep thinking about experimenting with (will do something completely different, I think. I keep thinking along the lines of a pot cooldown, clever alch magsorc using vigor)..

Some questions though.. Wouldn't you get better healing with the matriarch? Back when I used to run it, I'd get 12k crits off its heals in cyrodill - although that was with a higher mag pool, it was without any CP-expenditure or racials that boosted healing.

Have you tried frost staff instead of SnB? I tried it just after murk landed with twilight (+ desert rose) - but the sustain just wasn't there.

How do you keep you pet alive so long? Yeah, I get that your health pool gives you more of a window to LOS and resummon when it dies - but without shields and low crit resists.... Have you considered upping your crit resists this patch since the pet also uses your crit resist stats now?

Where do you find so many enemies in anything less than a 24-man group that just spam lightning heavy attacks and jesus-beam at full health?

Can you really find enough windows to dark deal to fuel your stam for blocking with the max stam so low?
    Edited by Biro123 on November 20, 2018 11:24AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Very interesting.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Wouldn't you get better healing with the matriarch? Back when I used to run it, I'd get 12k crits off its heals in cyrodill - although that was with a higher mag pool, it was without any CP-expenditure or racials that boosted healing.
    The Matriarch has always consistently given me less heals in Cyrodiil, probably because of my mag pool, yea. There's also the own pet's survivability to question. With 5k less max health it can't take as much punishment without those added defenses. Plus it's mostly stationary when attacking so its offense is less intrusive and distracting unless you're intentionally using it as a meat shield.
    Have you tried frost staff instead of SnB? I tried it just after murk landed with twilight (+ desert rose) - but the sustain just wasn't there.
    I thought about it shortly after it was introduced but there's a few reasons I didn't follow through:
    • The magicka cost for blocking would conflict with my need for magicka when going on the defensive
    • I'd need to get rid of one of the skills to trigger the blocking passive and didn't feel comfortable using any of the destro skills defensively
    • Ice staves still counted as 1 piece when they introduced the passive so that was the first major turn-off
    How do you keep you pet alive so long? Yeah, I get that your health pool gives you more of a window to LOS and resummon when it dies - but without shields and low crit resists.... Have you considered upping your crit resists this patch since the pet also uses your crit resist stats now?
    1) Multiple factors are at play, the first major one being that I'm very actively casting the heal to recover my own health, so any splash damage to the Clannfear is nullified. The second is that it's largely ignored, people more often than not end up focusing me instead. There is the occasional person that may or may not know to treat the healing pets like they would a normal ward, that is to CC the sorc and burst both parties when the pet's almost dead. The last one is keeping a constant eye on it. If I notice its health is falling low I'll call it to me until it's back to a healthy amount.

Something that I did do and still think would work if I got used to it was replacing Ball of Lightning with Symbiosis. The big pro I found about it was the ability to keep the Clannfear alive without having to cast the (at the time) very expensive heal while also giving me surprisingly large ticks if it happened to be getting damaged. It also gave me a little more group utility since right now I'm entirely self-focused. The con is where "getting used to it" would come into play. I wouldn't have access to the mobility of Ball of Lightning, so repositioning to cast DD or the Clannfear would be much harder. There's also the way it toggles. If I swapped bars and accidentally forgot to disable Symbiosis, my weaving on the front bar would be messed up.

One option is to replace Maw with Chudan and then slot Symbiosis in place of Boundless instead, but the Major Expedition in conjunction with Ball of Lightning plays a big role in keeping up with fleeing stam players without too much of a magicka expenditure, and I'd be losing my fire-breathing baby. Again, a part of the "getting used to it" bubble.

2) It's still a consideration, but because of how many transmute stones I'd have to invest (doubly the amount if I wanted to revert), I'm hesitant to give it a whirl.

I *was* thinking about changing the Divines for Sturdy though, but same reason. I don't have enough transmute crystals scattered around to give it a shot without then having to focus on grinding PvE for a few days to revert it I don't like it.
    Where do you find so many enemies in anything less than a 24-man group that just spam lightning heavy attacks and jesus-beam at full health?
    The magic of editing lol. Don't be fooled, on NA, Shor is dead most of the time and you have to go out of your way in Vivec to find good stuff. I don't play no-CP so I've no idea how active it is in there.
    Can you really find enough windows to dark deal to fuel your stam for blocking with the max stam so low?
    The block cost even without any sturdy isn't very taxing in smaller fights, and 12k stam is enough for 2 dodge rolls and a break free (fossilize > break free > dodge > BoL > dodge > Dark Deal > Dark Deal > 80% stam). As for finding windows, it's fairly easy. I think after the change to the way interrupts work, people haven't really bothered putting the effort into bashing it like they used to since the user can just recast it again shortly afterward and there's nothing you can do about it. I use it fairly often so it's really rare for me to straight-up run out for an extended period, especially if I have a potion at the ready.

It used to be a lot harder to get away with casting it and the Clannfear, moreso against a magplar that knew to just Toppling Charge me to death once the Clannfear was dead :(
    I do have an Argonian sorc that I keep thinking about experimenting with (will do something completely different, I think. I keep thinking along the lines of a pot cooldown, clever alch magsorc using vigor)
    I actually tried that on the last PTS, replacing Lich with Alchemist and using full infused cooldown jewelry. This is what I came to:
    kkdFddt.png
    Something I left out was how much my health increased, I think it came to something like 32k without buffs, which of course makes the Clannfear heal more effective. Magicka took a bit of a hit though. Give it a shot and see how it turns out.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for punny title
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´ve been bursted from 100 to 0 this patch on 25k hp and 4500 impen on a transmutation + chudan build.

Quite frankly said i have no idea how you survive with this little def - especially only 2000 impen.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    Nice.

Thanks for sharing! I'm one of those people who have PM'ed you over the years.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you was an Orc you could be called Jurassorc Pork <3