Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

2x0 still equals 0

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One good thing for this event is that there isn't anything in the WB loot pool that you can't get from the coffers, so as long as you get quest completion you have a shot at what you're looking for.
    Boss loot is always going to be an issue for someone when there's a large crowd. I have tanked WBs before, but usually only if I'm either running with a small group of low level players, or if there's already been a wipe at the boss with the usual boss chasing after everyone mess.
  • Fleshreaper
    Fleshreaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I main a DPS so I'm alright, but my partner only has a tank at the moment and the last event was a nightmare for him. He's now levelling a DPS just to do these events. I always feel for the healers and tanks during these events, the system defintely needs looking at.

Have him change out his gear and add some damage skills and he will be fine. I am currently skilled out as a DK tank, when I want to do quests or solo content, I just put on my old damage gear. Yes, I pull less DPS but it's still enough to get loot from the world boss last night.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Roles for world bosses...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You only need credit for the kill for WBs. You dont need to be in the top DD to get credit. However this is not the problem. Killing the WB is probably the only easy thing to do in CWC right now. Everything else is a nightmare.

You only need credit for the kill for the quest. But WB drops are also double, and for that, you need to do enough damage, not just get kill credit.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it really the top 12 damage dealers who get drops? If so, here’s a weird one — today my level 28 no CP magblade with crappy gear (green drops, no sets) on the EU server got loot from one of the CWC world bosses. Half an hour later on the NA server, my lvl 50 max CP magden with end game gear got no loot on the same boss. Neither was grouped, and the number of people in the two fights was about the same (20+).

I just shrugged it off as RNG. I finished the quest in both cases, which was all I cared about.
  • saxgooner
    saxgooner
    ✭✭✭
    what makes me laugh is I'm at a world boss clearly tanking and taunting and debuffing then another tank comes along as if I wasn't there in the first place
    they think ooh I'm a tank can taunt and block better than you.
    most of the time I just let them take over and switch to my back bar to do some aoe and dps but every now and then I have a laugh and re taunt and take the boss away to reset it.
    let the salty tears flow and prepare for abuse
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the points about putting on different gear, slotting some damage skills etc. But the issue with these events is that there are so many people at World Bosses, Domens etc that low CP players and people with low damage still won't get anything. If you've got 40 odd people at a WB, and only the top 12 dps get to loot it, this means that others are missing out. I decided to level a new toon during the last event, was waiting at a delve boss with my little lvl 23, the boss comes up and the CP800 waiting with me basically one-shots it, I got one hit in I think. He then stands there doing the same thing over and over again. And therein lies the problem, ordinarily it wouldn't be a problem, but it is an issue during these events.

Having said that I don't really know what the solution would be, I guess it's important that people don't get to loot by just pinging one light attack at a boss either.

You don't need any loot from WB's to get your tickets. This is moot.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What event is going on?
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game is hopeless broken. That is a given. The dev's have no idea how to fix it... and if they did... the money handlers wouldn't give them the time or resources to do it.

That said, it takes LOTS OF TIME to get a full gear of decent dps gear and tank/healing gear. Time can be mitigated with money, but money takes time too... so, it's a commitment. IF you want to get rewards during events like this one, then you have to invest either the time or the money (or both) into the gear.

It also takes time to get the extra skill points to put into the skills for two spec's. Money doesn't help here, you have to do the work.

YOU have to do it. The DEVs will NOT solve your problems - they never have and never will.

Start running dungeons, since you're a healer/tank, and start getting gear. Tell the group what sets you are looking for and respectfully ask if they get a piece of that set they don't need to please give it to you. In many cases, I get an outpouring of gear - especially if it has an undesirable trait. I can then transmute it to the train I need.

As far as skills go, I like to level up all skills as I level the character, so it's just a matter of skill points. If you haven't done this, take one ability in that skill line and put it on your bar as you run dungeons/trials/etc. to level the skill line until you have enough points into it to get some dps skills.

I have a nightblade who has 3 setups - tank, dps and pvp. Each has it's own equipment and skills. And I can swap with the click of a button thanks to the Dressing Room add-on, which switches skills and equipment. I have different food for each setup as well as a different quick bar pot. So, click the swap button, eat the food and switch to the right potion and he's ready to go.

I'm not the BEST tank nor the BEST dps nor the BEST pvp, but I do well in each role and it's fun and versatile.

It took me a long time to get all the gear I need, but now I don't worry about events like this.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    You only need credit for the kill for WBs. You dont need to be in the top DD to get credit. However this is not the problem. Killing the WB is probably the only easy thing to do in CWC right now. Everything else is a nightmare.

You only need credit for the kill for the quest. But WB drops are also double, and for that, you need to do enough damage, not just get kill credit.

AFAIK the WB in CWC doesnt drop anything worth fussing over. The real loot comes with the quest turn ins.
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, I main a DPS so I'm alright, but my partner only has a tank at the moment and the last event was a nightmare for him. He's now levelling a DPS just to do these events. I always feel for the healers and tanks during these events, the system defintely needs looking at.

Have him change out his gear and add some damage skills and he will be fine. I am currently skilled out as a DK tank, when I want to do quests or solo content, I just put on my old damage gear. Yes, I pull less DPS but it's still enough to get loot from the world boss last night.

This.
    I'm setup as heals for trials and vet dlc challenges. All I do for overland or solo content is swap out some skills (I toss on volatile familiar instead of orbs and healing springs, daedric prey instead of combat prayer, etc) and sometimes throw on Julianos instead of my main healing set. I don't even bother swapping out my resto staff. Only time I ever had an issue for loot was once, trying to get a gold plunder skull from an Alik'ir dolmen. Just too many people there.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • ewenness
    ewenness
    ✭✭
    Would be nice to see some sort system that measures alternative means of contributions, such as healing other players or using aggro generating abilities and handing out defensive buffs. From what I've seen so far, there is a woeful lack of tanks and a moderate lack of healers in this game. Making it difficult and/or frustrating to play as those roles in the overworld without needing not just a second set of gear but also constant respeccing will just cause more people to switch to DPS and never look back.

PC / EU / EP
    SEES-NO-SENSE
    ARGONIAN WARDEN
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @What_In_Tarnation I gave you an awesome for that name!
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Want to point out that no matter if you spec for damage as a Tank for overworld content you will never get loot that way in an event where you can see 50+ people on the same world boss. Now I know that this event gave the tickets from the quest rather than the boss, but last one did not, and if you were doing a dolmen on your own or with a friend or two and then a giant group came along then you got nothing. Same problem could be seen and sometimes still can with the Molag Bal in the IC Sewers, if you and your friends/guildies are doing the boss and another group comes and does it as well then you get nothing as a Tank and Healer, cause DPS is all that matters, it really does suck for Support characters.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the points about putting on different gear, slotting some damage skills etc. But the issue with these events is that there are so many people at World Bosses, Domens etc that low CP players and people with low damage still won't get anything. If you've got 40 odd people at a WB, and only the top 12 dps get to loot it, this means that others are missing out. I decided to level a new toon during the last event, was waiting at a delve boss with my little lvl 23, the boss comes up and the CP800 waiting with me basically one-shots it, I got one hit in I think. He then stands there doing the same thing over and over again. And therein lies the problem, ordinarily it wouldn't be a problem, but it is an issue during these events.

Having said that I don't really know what the solution would be, I guess it's important that people don't get to loot by just pinging one light attack at a boss either.

You don't need any loot from WB's to get your tickets. This is moot.

Well not if you want to loot the boss for their double drops/plunder skulls. It's a better system of getting the tickets this time, but the original point is about not being able to get loot during these events.
    PC EU & NA
  • BleedMe_AnOcean
    BleedMe_AnOcean
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK, loot caps exist everywhere, and it's NOT based on how much damage you churn out - it's RNG. Being new to ESO, I can't say for sure how it works, but trust me when I say world bosses in other games don't give everyone participation trophies just for walking up and hitting the boss a time or two.

If it's the case that tanks/heals aren't getting loot because of their lack of damage, that is indeed some BS and needs to be addressed. However, I see nothing wrong with the 12-person loot cap because that's how it is in just about every game I've played. It sucks when you get nothing from a world boss, but it's more incentive to try again. Be glad the WBs don't have weekly resets and come back the next day.
    Edited by BleedMe_AnOcean on November 17, 2018 12:33PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK, loot caps exist everywhere, and it's NOT based on how much damage you churn out - it's RNG. Being new to ESO, I can't say for sure how it works, but trust me when I say world bosses in other games don't give everyone participation trophies just for walking up and hitting the boss a time or two.

If it's the case that tanks/heals aren't getting loot because of their lack of damage, that is indeed some BS and needs to be addressed. However, I see nothing wrong with the 12-person loot cap because that's how it is in just about every game I've played. It sucks when you get nothing from a world boss, but it's more incentive to try again. Be glad the WBs don't have weekly resets and come back the next day.

You will find there are many things in ESO that are not like other games. It has been debated on how the system works for loot drops. Some say it is the top 12 players and others say you must do 3% of the damage. i was doing one of the CWC bosses last night on my wife sorc and died early because im not use to her laptop/ mouse/keybinds. By time i got through all the resurrecting stuff the fight was 2/3rds over. I finished and was surprised that i got loot. My wife doesnt have a strong character, CP 170ish and i think a partial purple set is it so its not like she does awesome damage. Dont know why i got loot as there were at least 15 or 20 people in there maybe up to 30 fighting and i was dead of the fight.

Now my NB i did the same fight and he does 25k dps solo against WBs and i got not loot credit with about 30 people fighting the boss. The way loot is figured is strange.
  • Gatviper
    Gatviper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Healer can spec for DD due to the same stats necessary for both roles, you can have two sets of gear and switch it out together with different set of abilities, even instantly with addons if necessary, makes it very viable to be either DD and Healer at a press of two buttons.
    Same goes to a bit lesser degree to the (Stamina) tanks - with the fitting gear nothing stops you from switching from the Tank spec to a spec which is doing more damage. Sure being a Tank you won't have the same dps as a true stat-optimized DD, due to speccing for more Health etc., but you can still hold your own for overland world bosses.

Not to sound rude, but you can do it, and nothing is stopping you from doing so. System might be flawed, but you can't blame it for everything. Slot 1-2 Damage-over-Time abilities and 1 spam direct damage, place the 2 DoTs on the boss and spam damage, should give you enough dps to get credit for damage done.
    Life is a ride, like days in a train, cities rush by, like ghosts in the night.
    The rhythm of wheels, time fades away, stations of a journey, destination unknown.