Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO+ Free Crates - Might wanna update the free ESO+ banner guys

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA (idk, sorry, I have no idea who does what)

8VSRu8y.jpg

(unless you're making things purposefully "ambiguous" and by ambiguous I mean completely deceptive)
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was thinking the same... Please? We need an answer.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭

8VSRu8y.jpg

They changed their minds

Edited by majulook on November 15, 2018 5:17PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • ErinGoBrag520
    ErinGoBrag520
    ✭✭✭
    It is really disappointing that we will not be getting the crates this time. What is the supposed reward for being a subscriber? The Molag Bal statuette? I would definitely rather have the crates!
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is really disappointing that we will not be getting the crates this time. What is the supposed reward for being a subscriber? The Molag Bal statuette? I would definitely rather have the crates!

That Molag Bal statuette was disappointing ... it's so small that it visually diminishes his 'badassness' and makes him appear rather wimpy.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, the Molag Ball small statuette is actually kinda cool for small houses. My orc would have loved to get such a statuette of Malacath to make a home altar out of it. BUT it doesn't counterbalance the loss of the free crates. Far from it.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Ertosi
    Ertosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, that banner still being there certainly exacerbates the ESO+ reward changes.

ZOS says the new rewards give us more value but math says otherwise. How in the world is a dinky figurine, a few extra crowns (enough to buy 1/3 a crate), and the privilege of getting to spend another $35 for a mount reskin more than the extra crates?
    PC NA @Ertosi
    ♠♦ My Team ♥♣
    GoanJabsplar [Grand Master Crafter, Master Angler, Tamriel Hero, Explorer]
    DruStamplar
    TicklesHealplar
    DixieMagplar
    FigsStamblade Sneakthief [Master Thief]
    Sir PriceStamblade Bow Ganker [Daedric Lord Slayer]
    MayaStamblade Speedster
    AhmedMagblade Bomber
    BalzarStamSorc Blitzer
    WinniePetSorc Thunder Mage
    TanksStamDK Tank
    MonaMagDK Fire Mage
    DawnHPDK
    BearlyStamden Tank
    IvanaMagden Ice Mage

CP 950+
    ♌ DC Loyalist ♌
    ✄ Grand Master Crafter
    No new crafting or game systems for 2019? "Season of the Dragon" would be better named "The Year of no New Major Features"
    https://i.imgur.com/TPscgS9.jpg to see major features of the last few years compared.
    https://i.imgur.com/X8qY0gP.jpg to see a detailed comparison of this year's Q1 to the last two Q1s.
    https://i.imgur.com/4z71cK8.jpg to see a detailed comparison of each years' first two quarters combined.
    https://i.imgur.com/jrHe5h8.jpg to see a projected comparison of the full years and what 2019's Q4 will need to catch up.
    Unsubbed January 15th, 2019 due to the lack of any new substantial features shown to be coming in 2019.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ertosi wrote: »
    Yeah, that banner still being there certainly exacerbates the ESO+ reward changes.

ZOS says the new rewards give us more value but math says otherwise. How in the world is a dinky figurine, a few extra crowns (enough to buy 1/3 a crate), and the privilege of getting to spend another $35 for a mount reskin more than the extra crates?

I think they mean it will add up to more over time. So far we've only seen the November rewards, there will be additional ESO+ exclusives coming every month whereas the free crates during an ESO+ trial only happened 3 or 4 times a year.

It's possible that like the login rewards they're starting small and ramping it up later on, or that the people who choose these things simply have different tastes to most players and thought a slightly discounted spider mount reskin and a Molag Bal statue would be exciting.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • greenmachine
    greenmachine
    ✭✭✭
    The Crown Crates are free, after you pay for them.
    greenmachine513 PS4-NA
    GM of Aldmeri People's Front
    Ionien - Altmer Mag Sorc Stormproof | Dr Jonny Fever - Breton Healplar | Bernie Dresden - Dunmer MagDK | Crushasaurus Rex - Argonian Stam DK
    Ser Greywulf - Nord DK Tank | Meow Kapwn - Khajit Magblade | Twink Versatile - Bosmer Stamblade | Loke-Tarr - Orc Stamden | Juicy Thunderthighs - Redguard Stamsorc | Frizz Grizzberg - Magden | Hax Killstealer - Dunmer Mag Sorc
    HEY HEY HEY SMOKE SKOOMA EVERYDAY
    JOIN THE APF ON PS4NA:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/400830/aldmeri-peoples-front-recruiting-ps4na#latest

HAIL DAEDRA
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really thought they listened to our feedback :/ It's sad... Maybe they will surprise subscribers with earned free crates at the end of ESO+ trial event? It's the only hope. Return our free crates please :/
    So far we've only seen the November rewards, there will be additional ESO+ exclusives coming every month whereas the free crates during an ESO+ trial only happened 3 or 4 times a year.

Those subscriber crates gave us chances at cool items and guaranteed some amount of gems (lucky people even had Sweetrolls worth 400 gems each from free crates), which we then could accumulate and spend on items we like. They did nothing so far to replace it with something of equal value as "thank you" for having payed subscription while all non-subscribers will have a week of subscription for free. Of course not all people like crates, but at least it was gesture of appreciation from developers so it kept our mouth shut during such events and nobody complained - cause both subscribers and non-subscribers could get something nice during the event and nobody felt left out :) Well, some people complained about what they got from their free crates, but it's other story.

Their new "benefits" of ESO+ do not sound exciting at all, how could they hope to make a good impression with these?.. Starting with laughable crowns increase per month (1800 extra crowns per year, while - for example - our "exclusive" spider mount is 3500 crowns at "exclusive" discount :D ) , tiny boring furnishing and - again - expensive mount recolor (not even some unique model never seen before). The mount is not even unique to subscribers, just slightly discounted for us during it's "early access" before everyone gets it at a higher price. Also everyone has different taste, and while I would love to have actual spider mount, I'm not interested in dwemer automata at all. I should be excited to have a chance to buy the mount I'm not interested in for 3500 crowns instead of collecting some guaranteed gems from bonus crates and get what I actually like... :'(

What if instead of FREE ( :D ) tiny statue subscribers got, if we talk about furnishings, exclusive Target Dummy like Daedric Titan or Bone Dragon, or any fancy option (cause we have many creatures in game suitable for this)? And we could claim unlimited amount of them, place them in all our homes, even create an army of them if we wish. I would be very glad to have such thing as one of new benefits of being subscriber (it alone would not replace free crates though). And it would be something actually deserving to be called FREE in the article with pride - not just trying to make it sound exciting and failing :) I don't claim current tiny statue cause it's just offensive to even think about it compared to all the free gems and mounts/pets/costumes we could have from free crates :/
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is disappointing because getting those 6 free crates all at once was fun! But, I doubt they'll change it. I'm guessing part of the reason they're removing the freebies and offering a 30% discount on outgoing crates, is to get data/numbers to gauge how much subscribers value the gem exclusive items.

Up to now, it seems like a lot of us didn't buy (m)any crates, because we knew we'd get enough free ones to win (or earn enough gems to buy) at least one exclusive mount, pet, costume, furnishing etc per year. Now, if we want those exclusive items, we'll have to fork over the cash (or wait longer to earn them with the less frequent Twitch drops and daily reward crates). They're probably expecting to see an increase in subscribers buying crate bundles at 30% off, because people tend to want stuff ASAP.

So far, I'm not impressed with the ESO+ subscriber perks being a small statue I won't use and the opportunity to pay just a bit less than a non-subscriber for a re-skinned mount, but it is what it is. ESO+ is still worth it, and I suppose this move could be seen as positive in that they're confident enough in their customer loyalty that they can withstand the backlash/disappointment changes like this are guaranteed to cause.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_GaryA (idk, sorry, I have no idea who does what)

8VSRu8y.jpg

(unless you're making things purposefully "ambiguous" and by ambiguous I mean completely deceptive)

I am sure they will change it. However, by the time it goes through production review, gets prioritized, assigned to someone, done, tested by QA, and rolled out... this event will already be over. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CRxbJjj.jpg
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"