The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Legend EU - Dueling Tournament 18.11

TheRealSniker
TheRealSniker
✭✭✭✭✭
Legend EU dueling tourney
Sunday 18.11.2018 at 15:00 CET(Berlin Time)
Judges are: @Cinnir and @Cloakedd
Prizepool is 1mil
1st place - 500k + Champion rank
2nd place - 250k
3rd place - 125k
4th place - 62.5k
5th place - 30k
6th place - 12.5k

Brackets will be put out at 14:00 CET(Berlin Time)
We will start gathering at approx. 14:30 CET(Berlin Time)
You have to join the guild in order to be able to join our tourney, Join our Discord in order to join our guild: https://discord.gg/vsYksNr
After joining the guild you can join the tourney by typing your @name in the #tourney-sign-ups channel
In the tourney there is a 100% no toxicity rule, we will be staying in a public Discord voice channel for the entire tourney duration

Established Rules:
- No immovability, lingering health, or Major Vitality potions
- No immov or cost increasing poisons
- No targetable pets
- No changing gear between fights
- No gear sets which apply defiles to enemies
- No Meridia's Blessed, Shieldbreaker , Troll King, Pirate Skeleton, Earthgore, Zaan, Sload's, Malubeth
- No Siphoner CP ~ not even 1 point
- Level 50 characters ONLY
- 28k HP Healthcap
- No Meditate
- Reflective Scales are banned in matchups against MagBlades, Magblades have to choose from either using Shadow Image or Cripple against DKs but arent allowed to use both skills
- Harness Magicka banned. Dampen morph is permitted
The rules can be discussed in our #rules-discussion channel, the ruleset changes weekly based on peoples opinion!

Edited by TheRealSniker on November 15, 2018 2:11AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Dem rules
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Dem rules

Lol @ you

Rules are necessary and those are good ones.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lol @ Dem rules

The game is fundamentally not balanced around 1v1s so rules are very important. But equally so, its important to have well thought out rule sets that enable all playstyles while banning out the things that break match ups. This set is pretty tried and true. Although I don’t see any for not changing cps between fights hehe, even though that should be understood.

Good luck EU hope you have a great tourney.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very unlikely anyone would know if siphoner has any points in it, but maybe there's an add-on for that!

-not like I can participate
    -not like I'm against the idea
    -not putting anyone down

Just find the rules chuckle worthy; a big part of me goes, "hey ZoS, paying attention to what's banned? - could be a slight indication of OPness, maybe worth a look?"
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it very unlikely anyone would know if siphoner has any points in it, but maybe there's an add-on for that!

-not putting anyone down

Just find the rules chuckle worthy; a big part of me goes, "hey ZoS, paying attention to what's banned? - could be a slight indication of OPness, maybe worth a look?"

If siphoner gets applied to you, it shows in your debuffs... people running some buff/debuff trackimg add-on can screenshot and post Immage to discord in no time. So that one is easy
    Edited by Stigant on November 14, 2018 9:04PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stigant wrote: »

-not putting anyone down

If siphoner gets applied to you, it shows in your debuffs... people running some buff/debuff trackimg add-on can screenshot and post Immage to discord in no time. So that one is easy

That's cool, wish console had a better debuff tracker (or personalized)

If I were to participate (like if I could) the only rules that kinda bummed me out was the pets and wings (NB rules make me raise an eyebrow); maybe a few sets, meditate is another eyebrow raiser (I wonder if that build I saw is responsible for this kind of action)

I feel if it's bannable in a high stakes tourney (looking at you earthgore) maybe it's a bit on the OP side?

Also surprised no cloak rules
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you later list winners and their classes please? i wonder how many sorcs would be in a top :)
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can you later list winners and their classes please? i wonder how many sorcs would be in a top :)

The previous tourney that happened had 0 Sorcerers joining
    a Magblade became 1st
    Stamblade 2nd
    Stamplar 3rd

Ill write another comment with the builds of the winners of the 2nd tourney
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭

-not putting anyone down

That's cool, wish console had a better debuff tracker (or personalized)

If I were to participate (like if I could) the only rules that kinda bummed me out was the pets and wings (NB rules make me raise an eyebrow); maybe a few sets, meditate is another eyebrow raiser (I wonder if that build I saw is responsible for this kind of action)

I feel if it's bannable in a high stakes tourney (looking at you earthgore) maybe it's a bit on the OP side?

Also surprised no cloak rules

Wings cause many stalemates, and pets are overpowered in duels.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are wings not banned based on which spammable you use?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ Dem rules

Lol @ you

Rules are necessary and those are good ones.

What's up with fake Big Boss :o

( For those of you wondering, the real Big Boss is French and ONLY WRITES IN CAPS )
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those rules clearly favor some classes/setups way more than others.

And no sorcs last time? No wonder with those rules and now with the shield changes and not even pets allowed.. :D

I guess you want to keep it a Nightblade tournament. If there was some petsorcs and dks were also able to use their Wings whenever they wanted i would come watch it and be entertained. Now? Nah, sounds lame and set for certain classes/builds only.

There should be only 1 rule. If a round ends in both being up when time runs out, both are out. That would make troll builds not good since needs finishing power.

Who cares if someone gets a kill with Zaan or something.. more entertaining than watching an Incap contest. ;)
  • Tirps
    Tirps
    ✭✭✭✭
    lol, dks are not allowed to use wings against mag nbs but shimmering shield is okay? :D
    Edited by Tirps on November 15, 2018 10:46AM
    cp1k+ ( ´•౪•`)
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tirps wrote: »
    lol, dks are not allowed to use wings against mag nbs but shimmering shield is okay? :D

Yep, things like that made me lol when did read the rules.. those rules are so lame in so many level on what classes/setups can be decently efficient. :D
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »

Yep, things like that made me lol when did read the rules.. those rules are so lame in so many level on what classes/setups can be decently efficient. :D

Agreed rules made me lol.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they still get CCd through shimmering, wings reflects CC as well + I highly doubt any magwarden will win the tournament (or even participate as one) and stamwarden cant have 100% uptime on it.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-not putting anyone down

yea Waffen is console so his opinion isnt terrible. We PC masters take stuff like that for granted.

I will say the EU rules are better than the USA rules, feels like there is more breathing room for builds. I never duel on NA because everything is either banned or all the cheese is allowed and has become a meme of sorts lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And no sorcs last time? No wonder with those rules and now with the shield changes and not even pets allowed.. :D

I guess you want to keep it a Nightblade tournament. If there was some petsorcs and dks were also able to use their Wings whenever they wanted i would come watch it and be entertained. Now? Nah, sounds lame and set for certain classes/builds only.

There should be only 1 rule. If a round ends in both being up when time runs out, both are out. That would make troll builds not good since needs finishing power.

Who cares if someone gets a kill with Zaan or something.. more entertaining than watching an Incap contest. ;)

That is a good point. Duration fights, and best out of 3 should determine winner.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

-not putting anyone down

yea Waffen is console so his opinion isnt terrible. We PC masters take stuff like that for granted.

I will say the EU rules are better than the USA rules, feels like there is more breathing room for builds. I never duel on NA because everything is either banned or all the cheese is allowed and has become a meme of sorts lol.

legend eu and na literally have the same rules...
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭

no one slots shimmering in duels so it's not banned, waste of a slot tbh
  • ll_Rev
    ll_Rev
    ✭✭✭✭

dumbest idea I've heard. that would mean you can just create an unkillable tank and knock you and your opponent out of the tourney.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wings spam literally stops the fight from progressing. Shade & Cripple prevent a wingless DK from ever getting in melee, which also stops the fight from progressing.

Some of you are way out of touch. The goal of rules is to ensure that DUELS END IN A REASONABLE TIME WITH A CLEAR VICTOR.
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are honestly one of the more reasonable set of rules I've seen so far.

I've seen some tournies where they ban any set that isn't Julianos/Hundings lol.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

Wings spam literally stops the fight from progressing. Shade & Cripple prevent a wingless DK from ever getting in melee, which also stops the fight from progressing.

Some of you are way out of touch. The goal of rules is to ensure that DUELS END IN A REASONABLE TIME WITH A CLEAR VICTOR.

Just for argument's sake, I feel that limits playstyles and builds.

What if a player prefers a tanky build that utilizes an opponent's mistake to win? That takes time; unlike many glass cannon type builds that are more akin to whom hits their CC first?

Also curious as to what's the difference between frost staff reach vs cripple?

Also I would say any class without native access to defile is at a big disadvantage
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »

they still get CCd through shimmering, wings reflects CC as well + I highly doubt any magwarden will win the tournament (or even participate as one) and stamwarden cant have 100% uptime on it.

Isn't the best ps4 dueler a mag warden main? Heliumballoon or something.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see alot of people mentioning the ban to pets
    I have banned pets from my tourneys due to the reason of how targeting works in the game, people can clutter inside a pet and make sure none of the enemies skills hit him/her
    A good example of that is when a petsorc goes inside his Attro and is untargetable

Another example of that is Ranged vs Ranged duels where the player who owns a pet can just stand behind his pet and take little damage
    Tab target in ESO is unreliable and doesnt go through pets
    Edited by TheRealSniker on November 16, 2018 5:53AM
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What if a player prefers a tanky build that utilizes an opponent's mistake to win? That takes time; unlike many glass cannon type builds that are more akin to whom hits their CC first?

Also I would say any class without native access to defile is at a big disadvantage

"What if a player prefers a tanky build that utilizes an opponent's mistake to win? That takes time; unlike many glass cannon type builds that are more akin to whom hits their CC first?"
    That is what we are trying to avoid, experienced players with somehow tanky builds will never kill eachother
    Its a common thing for a duel to last for an hour or two between 2 top tier players
    Its too easy to make yourself unkillable in ESO
    We are trying to discourage that and have a fun and skillfull night

And no, in a Glasscannon vs Glasscannon fight theres lots more to it than just "whoever gets their burst down first, wins"
    Players have to watch out for incoming damage, predict your enemies next move and exploit the burst windows youre given
    Even a Glasscannon player is almost unkillable if he doesnt want to be killed

"Also I would say any class without native access to defile is at a big disadvantage"
    Yes this is exactly what Ive been talking about in my answer above, Defile plays a big part in duels due to how hard to kill people are without Defile on them, what youre mentioning now here is just how our current meta works
    Thankfully things like Reverb, Shifting Standard and Defile poisons exist
    Edited by TheRealSniker on November 16, 2018 6:02AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"What if a player prefers a tanky build that utilizes an opponent's mistake to win? That takes time; unlike many glass cannon type builds that are more akin to whom hits their CC first?"
    That is what we are trying to avoid, experienced players with somehow tanky builds will never kill eachother
    Its a common thing for a duel to last for an hour or two between 2 top tier players
    Its too easy to make yourself unkillable in ESO
    We are trying to discourage that and have a fun and skillfull night

And no, in a Glasscannon vs Glasscannon fight theres lots more to it than just "whoever gets their burst down first, wins"
    Players have to watch out for incoming damage, predict your enemies next move and exploit the burst windows youre given
    Even a Glasscannon player is almost unkillable if he doesnt want to be killed

"Also I would say any class without native access to defile is at a big disadvantage"
    Yes this is exactly what Ive been talking about in my answer above, Defile plays a big part in duels due to how hard to kill people are without Defile on them, what youre mentioning now here is just how our current meta works
    Thankfully things like Reverb, Shifting Standard and Defile poisons exist

I understand, I just don't consider that fun, I find tanky fun but that's just my opinion
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It´s the same against a sorc though.

Not like you can burst some 28k hp build with just curse fury and meteor. Which rules out all sorc builds that don´t run pulse.

And then realisticly - which dk dies to pulse + curse alone?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

It´s the same against a sorc though.

Not like you can burst some 28k hp build with just curse fury and meteor. Which rules out all sorc builds that don´t run pulse.

And then realisticly - which dk dies to pulse + curse alone?
    Completely agreed. Wings is just a stupidly unbalanced skill for 1v1's. It really makes me laugh hard when some forum hero comes and posts garbage like: "Just use curse", "just use concealed weapon" or "then don't use ranged attacks". These people are just completely clueless on how abilities synergize with each other. You can't just slap on random abilities and expect to have a chance.

Even worse are the people that say "Yea you are just being countered, live with it. You can't have it all", or those that compare it to cloak. I mean it's not like I can use cloak while I am hammering on you, and at the same time preventing you from using any skill on your front bar to apply counter pressure without damaging yourself...