The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Legend EU - Dueling Tournament 18.11

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    Derra wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Tirps wrote: »
    lol, dks are not allowed to use wings against mag nbs but shimmering shield is okay? :D

Wings spam literally stops the fight from progressing. Shade & Cripple prevent a wingless DK from ever getting in melee, which also stops the fight from progressing.

Some of you are way out of touch. The goal of rules is to ensure that DUELS END IN A REASONABLE TIME WITH A CLEAR VICTOR.

It´s the same against a sorc though.

Not like you can burst some 28k hp build with just curse fury and meteor. Which rules out all sorc builds that don´t run pulse.

And then realisticly - which dk dies to pulse + curse alone?
    Completely agreed. Wings is just a stupidly unbalanced skill for 1v1's. It really makes me laugh hard when some forum hero comes and posts garbage like: "Just use curse", "just use concealed weapon" or "then don't use ranged attacks". These people are just completely clueless on how abilities synergize with each other. You can't just slap on random abilities and expect to have a chance.

Even worse are the people that say "Yea you are just being countered, live with it. You can't have it all", or those that compare it to cloak. I mean it's not like I can use cloak while I am hammering on you, and at the same time preventing you from using any skill on your front bar to apply counter pressure without damaging yourself...

Cast time on wings! Wings capped at 40% max health!
    *maniacal laughter*

Yeah, mag DKs are just OP in duels. They make many other classes uncompetitive, not only magblades. Magblades can at least go melee. Sorcs are completely screwed. Vampires are screwed, if they don't lower stage, at which point you can better get it cured totally. Honestly, every build with mediocre stam and dodge sustain will be screwed by DK's root spam eventually.

Maybe the well-known overperforming classes should fight themselves in their own bracket?

Banning wings/pets, but not total dark/cloak/purge is weird. They are essentially the same mechanic, one that helps you counter entire playstyles be it DOT or single target.

The rules should open them all up or close them all down ;)

What Minno said, some classes got their defensive mechanics allowed, some dont.

Calling some of them "op" and some not.. such bias. ;) Seriously, based on those rules, can already pretty much know beforehand what class/setup will win. Such excitement lol

Yes, thats why somehow all of you projectionists said a Nightblade would win :wink:

What was the complete class roster?

You can´t really count one of the stamblades though - being a gank build...
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    banning how people play is kinda weird.
    i bet the winner is a magNB or magicka templar
  • TheRealSniker
    TheRealSniker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    banning how people play is kinda weird.
    i bet the winner is a magNB or magicka templar

I have posted the winners already, scroll up a little bit @evoniee
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheRealSniker okay then, i wonder why those nb not strong but stamsorc, maybe the player and build? or stamsorc so strong rn?
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    @TheRealSniker okay then, i wonder why those nb not strong but stamsorc, maybe the player and build? or stamsorc so strong rn?

Mostly the build.

I came with a setup designed to counter the dominant tanky-brawler-with-burst.

My toughest matchup was the magsorc because he had excellent mobility and his shields were not affected by my defile.

A glasscanon build would have probably been able to burst me down easily.

Also stamsorc was potentially the best class for this Tank Knight-Slayer (:trollface:) build thanks to crit surge and darkdeal being fixed values. (i had more Spell damage than Weapon damage ...)
    Edited by Aznox on November 19, 2018 9:48AM
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznox wrote: »

My toughest matchup was the magsorc because he had excellent mobility and his shields were not affected by my defile.

He didn´t even port against you though.

It´s kinda fun how the average cyro zergling build is excellent at killing otherwise dominant dueling builds :joy:
    Kinda suprised that they banned knightslayer and not torugs.
    Edited by Derra on November 19, 2018 9:57AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many people participated in total? Just curious because you said only 3 nightblades joined the tournament
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the winning builds:
    1# StamSorc with Knightslayers, Torugs and Werewolf
    2# Stamplar with X, Bone Pirate and Bloodspawn
    3# MagSorc with Shacklebreaker, Lich and Chudan
    4# MagPlar with Innate Axiom, Transmutation and Skoria
    5# StamDK with X, Fury and Bloodspawn

Just as a side note, we had 3 Nightblades join, a MagBlade and 2 Stamblades which lost in 1st and 2nd rounds.
    Late to the party but man this got to be a joke lol.. There is a full list of banned things and yet the most cheesy setup isnt included in the list and it actually won the tournement lol. Bleeds, oblivion damage and torugs for more oblivion damage lmao gg.
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He didn´t even port against you though.
    I'm talking about the skilled use of evasive movement and jumping.

ATomiX96 wrote: »
    how many people participated in total? Just curious because you said only 3 nightblades joined the tournament

12 players participated : https://challonge.com/lm7but7d
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Koensol wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Tirps wrote: »
    lol, dks are not allowed to use wings against mag nbs but shimmering shield is okay? :D

Wings spam literally stops the fight from progressing. Shade & Cripple prevent a wingless DK from ever getting in melee, which also stops the fight from progressing.

Some of you are way out of touch. The goal of rules is to ensure that DUELS END IN A REASONABLE TIME WITH A CLEAR VICTOR.

It´s the same against a sorc though.

Not like you can burst some 28k hp build with just curse fury and meteor. Which rules out all sorc builds that don´t run pulse.

And then realisticly - which dk dies to pulse + curse alone?
    Completely agreed. Wings is just a stupidly unbalanced skill for 1v1's. It really makes me laugh hard when some forum hero comes and posts garbage like: "Just use curse", "just use concealed weapon" or "then don't use ranged attacks". These people are just completely clueless on how abilities synergize with each other. You can't just slap on random abilities and expect to have a chance.

Even worse are the people that say "Yea you are just being countered, live with it. You can't have it all", or those that compare it to cloak. I mean it's not like I can use cloak while I am hammering on you, and at the same time preventing you from using any skill on your front bar to apply counter pressure without damaging yourself...

Cast time on wings! Wings capped at 40% max health!
    *maniacal laughter*

Yeah, mag DKs are just OP in duels. They make many other classes uncompetitive, not only magblades. Magblades can at least go melee. Sorcs are completely screwed. Vampires are screwed, if they don't lower stage, at which point you can better get it cured totally. Honestly, every build with mediocre stam and dodge sustain will be screwed by DK's root spam eventually.

Maybe the well-known overperforming classes should fight themselves in their own bracket?

Banning wings/pets, but not total dark/cloak/purge is weird. They are essentially the same mechanic, one that helps you counter entire playstyles be it DOT or single target.

The rules should open them all up or close them all down ;)

What Minno said, some classes got their defensive mechanics allowed, some dont.

Calling some of them "op" and some not.. such bias. ;) Seriously, based on those rules, can already pretty much know beforehand what class/setup will win. Such excitement lol

Yes, thats why somehow all of you projectionists said a Nightblade would win :wink:

Stamblades are OP. Always blame the stamblades.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    These are the winning builds:
    1# StamSorc with Knightslayers, Torugs and Werewolf
    2# Stamplar with X, Bone Pirate and Bloodspawn
    3# MagSorc with Shacklebreaker, Lich and Chudan
    4# MagPlar with Innate Axiom, Transmutation and Skoria
    5# StamDK with X, Fury and Bloodspawn

Just as a side note, we had 3 Nightblades join, a MagBlade and 2 Stamblades which lost in 1st and 2nd rounds.
    Late to the party but man this got to be a joke lol.. There is a full list of banned things and yet the most cheesy setup isnt included in the list and it actually won the tournement lol. Bleeds, oblivion damage and torugs for more oblivion damage lmao gg.

Agreed completely. Those sets paired with werewolf which itself is OP in duels means the tournament was a bit of a dud to begin with.

Not taking anything away from the player who won, I'm sure he's really good at WW but yeah in a tourney that should be a no-no.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As said, for next tournament i bet also the winners sets will be banned. KS already was i guess? :p

@Aznox Well cheesed out win, Mister Cheeselord! *giggles and applauses* :)
    Edited by Moonsorrow on November 19, 2018 1:56PM
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sucks for me these tournaments are always on sunday and sunday isn't a day off in my country gg
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI i have been stripped of the title because i benefited from this bug :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5612558

:)
    Aznox
    PC EU
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • JAwtunes
    JAwtunes
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI i have been stripped of the title because i benefited from this bug :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5612558

:)

That made me laugh. So according to the thread you linked, you knew this was a exploit that ZOS were actively trying to find a fix for 2 days before the tournament happened. I like that you went full zero-fks-given mode and took Torugs too.
  • Stigant
    Stigant
    ✭✭✭✭
    So ... although it would be a common sense to not exploit acknowledged bugs, it will be better to actually put that line into the ruleset.
    To be honest most of us would have to look them up, because those are rare to come by. ZOS usually fixes them and than says this was a bug, not the other way around. At least from my experience.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What type of duel Tournament i would like to see is a pure non cheese Tournament.

Only basics sets who only affect your stats. Shackle, bone pirate, hundings, julianos or similiar. No oblivion damage, no bleeds, no instant damage proc or healing sets. Or even no monster sets or ability altering weapons. Only normal, non cheese setups and willpower/agility as juwelry for example.

Could be easily done with not banning certain sets/skills but with only allowing certain setups.

Dueling someone who doesnt run any type of cheese is soooo rare nowadays.
  • YOB
    YOB
    ✭✭✭
    ‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥⌓˂̣̣̥ )‧º·˚
    Edited by YOB on April 4, 2019 2:02PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    What type of duel Tournament i would like to see is a pure non cheese Tournament.

Only basics sets who only affect your stats. Shackle, bone pirate, hundings, julianos or similiar. No oblivion damage, no bleeds, no instant damage proc or healing sets. Or even no monster sets or ability altering weapons. Only normal, non cheese setups and willpower/agility as juwelry for example.

Could be easily done with not banning certain sets/skills but with only allowing certain setups.

You have a very expansive definition of “cheese”.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »

Why stop there? Why have any armor at all?