Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do you like the changes to the bridges and milegates?

• killahsin
    killahsin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Nermy wrote: »
    Any change to the map makes it a bit more interesting for those of us who have been there since release. Changes strategies which we haven't even began to think about.

I have no problem with the outposts being closer to here or the other alliance has an advantage, it's all relative.

Anyway, whatever changes they make won't stop the guys who PvDoor every morning, just makes it more interesting for prime time. :D

Remember everyone when you play a game you should only play it in 'my' primetime. This pvdoor ninja capping nonsense the community has cried about since day 1 is hilarious.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Like the idea but not the implementation
    -the milegate need a rework as it benefit more than bridge.
    -get rid of the small passage, it make all of bridge and milegate useless
    -AD need rework cause milegate > bridge, cause 1 faction has access on milegate wall and the other faction can only pass from middle.
    -EP need rework to swap crops and the outpost.
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Love it. Anything to shake things up a bit.
  • smee_z
    smee_z
    ✭✭✭
    Am glad they made changes in the Cyrodiil map.

However, may I suggest the following changes please,

1. Destroyed mile gates should not allow passage from both sides. Right now, there's always 1 side with stairs where you can go over.
    2. Mile gates and bridges should be easily destroyed but really hard to repair.

PC NA

Games are meant to be played.

Back in Auriel's Bow 1.0, I have thought that the best way to handicap a faction with the HUGE pop advantage is to temporarily disable their grouping functionality and their ability to fight in 3rd person point of view! Let's see if these do not even up the odds.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that when you're getting double teamed, you can entirely shut down one side from attacking and focus mainly on defending from the other side until you regain momentum.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    In terms of strategy, destructible bridges are awesome! If your alliance owns the bridges, all you have to do is break them and set up counter siege to prevent the enemy from repairing them!
    A guildie in my alliance said he earned about 100k AP just by shooting meatbags across the river at people trying play bob the builder in 20minutes.
    This is also a bombers haven as it forces someone to take the pontoon bridge
  • XamXam777
    XamXam777
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Overall I do like the changes.

But, I feel that bridges and milegates can be repaired too quickly. Should be reduced to at least 5k to be in line with door and wall repairs.

The other thing is there still seem to be A LOT of people who are unaware of the existence of the Caves and Goat Bridge? So perhaps they need to be marked more clearly on the map? Idk... Haha!
    - Xam Xam -
    Owner of mmobits.com
    Psijic Order Skill Line Quest and Time Breach Location Guide
    PC - NA | Grey Host - Pact | Xam Xam (Nord Warden Heal Scrub), Xam'ess (Nord Templar DPS Scrub) & others...
    Noob PvPer | Eternally Poor Housing Enthusiast
  • Brotherchaotic
    So I'm seeing a flaw especially with no alliance lock. So you want to attack a keep on the other side but your neighboring alliance destroyed all 3 mile gates in your 3 paths. What do you do if they are constantly damaging it? Even worse, how about a troll who's on your faction right now hitting the gate you're trying to repair? Am I missing a solution to getting around?
  • An_An
    An_An
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I think most people who voted Yes play in populated campaigns.

In low pop campaigns, this absolutely kills PvP.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    An_An wrote: »
    I think most people who voted Yes play in populated campaigns.

In low pop campaigns, this absolutely kills PvP.

I don't think it kill pvp in low pop campaigns, I think it's just useless. The map has to be very active to make this system works, and when it does it can create some very interesting new strategies. Sadly most people don't care about this stuff and come only to kill, die, respawn, repeat.

Yesterday around midnight EST in Vivec PC NA we were getting hammered by both factions (what a surprise). AD had the outter down at Brk with their whole faction and DC was about to make a strong push from Bleakers to Chal so I shut down the milegate and kept it flagged for 30mins until EP defended Brk successfully. It was funny to see the 20-30 DC just running around like chickens on the other side.
    Edited by frozywozy on November 8, 2018 2:17PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, in theory because if there is good communication within a faction it can make for smart strategies. I would have prefered it if they got damaged a bit faster, and also maybe my UI was bugged, but I didn't get any AP from repairing them? I think it will be more taken advantage of when people get used to it... the other day one person was repairing a gate, while 15 people looked on from behind, it was both sad and hilarious.
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no. Still early on console but from what I have seen so far is you get a bunch of AD and EP on either side of the bridge shooting siege at it. We literally had to wipe a group 4 times before they stopped coming back. It was like they were mindless zombies solely focused on taking Alessia Bridge down. Really bizarre.

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Cool idea in theory, but definitely not at the expense of being able to move around the map freely (TO GET TO PVP!) or at the expense of our favorite line of site nooks and crannies for small scale. All in all just bonkers.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like the goats (animals in cyrodiil !). Sometimes the goats are not there and I would like the cyrodiil goat killers to be shown on the map and killable by anyone for an hour or so.

On topic- Reguarding the destructible bottlenecks, I am neutral. I don't think it matters if I like them; the issue for me to figure out the various ways I can use the new feature to my advantage.

So far, players are taking advantage of the destructible bottlenecks and, from that, we are working with the bottlenecks.

Foot note: lately, I PVP mostly in Kyne, and that's where my observations reguarding the topic are gathered.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    The addition of destructible bridges and milegates is a positive step forward. It adds depth to the gameplay. It adds dynamic zones, players and teams now have extra choices at their disposal that they have not had before. That in itself is a plus for me.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, wish the bridges could be destroyed a bit faster tough. Watching people fall into fish as it breaks must be one of the most statisfying things :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As time goes on, it becomes clear that ZOS made a huge mistake in the asymmetrical design of the milegates. I'm not sure how they went live with the current design. Both EP and DC have gates they can partially destroy but may still cross, but AD does not.

We see the practical impact of this every night with the middle portion of Ash gate routinely destroyed to prevent access from the South while dozens of DC casually hop over it from the North.

I hope ZOS recognizes this and comes up with a solution quickly instead of letting it drag on for months or years.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Meh....Battlefield has been doing it way better for years and years and with no lag, so nope.

Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seemed like a great idea at first and it seems to offer a great dynamic. However, after seeing it for a few weeks it has seemed to have become a stumbling block without offering anything interesting. I see many already going through the alternate paths that cannot be blocked.

Adding to this. combat around these points when they are destroyed is pretty lack luster and that is when the campaign is busy.

I think these areas are lacking what pretty much every area has, and that is varied terrain to fight in. When they are destroyed you can only fight on one side or the other since the top gets pretty destroyed.

So in the end it seems to do more harm than good in Cyro. I think it is a case that this was just not thought through which has always been an issue with Zos.
    Edited by idk on November 12, 2018 8:25PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do like the idea, but I don't care for a couple of the inconsistencies. For example, there's only 1 way to cross a bridge but 3 ways to get past a mile gate. Invisible barriers that prevent going over the top of mile gates would be a fair fix. Also, it takes forever to actually kill the bridges and gates but they can be repaired by 1 person in mere seconds, which kind of negates the purpose for destroying them.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Now that I've had a chance to really play it with the new bridges/gates, I do think it makes the gameplay more interesting out there, at least on Vivec NA
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Xsorus wrote: »

I'm glad xD I have quite a few more clips of dropping people into the fishies haha
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭

l
    smee_z wrote: »
    Am glad they made changes in the Cyrodiil map.

However, may I suggest the following changes please,

1. Destroyed mile gates should not allow passage from both sides. Right now, there's always 1 side with stairs where you can go over.
    2. Mile gates and bridges should be easily destroyed but really hard to repair.

AGREE!

Once again, AD gets the shorter end of this stick.

Destroying any of the 3 bridges bet AD & EP territory means neither side can pass until repaired.

HOWEVER, destroying any of the 3 mile gates bet AD & DC territory only prohibits AD from passing yet allows DC to freely pass.

This def needs to be changed so that destruction of the Center mileage prohibits passage to both sides.

Same goes for EP/DC mile gates.

Destruction of bridges and mile gates should prohibit passage from both sides.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • baronzilch
    baronzilch
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Came out of the box a broken mechanic and that's where it will stay. Gates/bridges usually hover around 27% (just enough to cross/enter) and they are being ignored altogether more and more.

Destroyed a bridge the other day by myself - despite starting at only ~40% it was a tedious, mind numbing experience. I won't ever do that again.

What's even the point when you have easy work-arounds (tunnels/fishing village)?

Overall, a new map is always fresh and exciting for a bit, but, this one has done nothing to alleviate any of the prior map's shortcomings - seemingly exacerbating the previous problems.

edit: was cranky, softened my language a bit.
    Edited by baronzilch on December 3, 2018 8:54PM